Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 01:02 PM   #841
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Krystal was in Starfox Assault, too. Oh, and she was a playable character in Adventures.

Oh, and since she's in two games, that's more than Lucas and Ike.

Edit: Krystal's in the DS game as well. That makes it three. I'd say the odds of her presence in Brawl are high. Why? Sakurai wanted to get rid of the clones! Falco and Fox were almost exactly the same. Falco could jump higher and his lasers had a small KB. That's pretty much it. It's obvious why they'd want to replace him.

For other replacements of clones, see: Marth/Roy = Ike. Also, no news of Falcon/Ganondorf, Luigi/Dr. Mario, Pikachu/Pichu, etc. I wonder why.

Last edited by Squeek; 10-27-2007 at 01:05 PM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:24 PM   #842
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Krystal was in Starfox Assault, too. Oh, and she was a playable character in Adventures.

Oh, and since she's in two games, that's more than Lucas and Ike.

Edit: Krystal's in the DS game as well. That makes it three. I'd say the odds of her presence in Brawl are high. Why? Sakurai wanted to get rid of the clones! Falco and Fox were almost exactly the same. Falco could jump higher and his lasers had a small KB. That's pretty much it. It's obvious why they'd want to replace him.

For other replacements of clones, see: Marth/Roy = Ike. Also, no news of Falcon/Ganondorf, Luigi/Dr. Mario, Pikachu/Pichu, etc. I wonder why.
Falco could jump higher and his lasers had a small KB. That's pretty much it.

lol @ that

hopefully sonic is a high tier. Sonic is gangster
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:26 PM   #843
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

What.

Oh, you have some in-depth studies that show that Falco has other important things about him that make him sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much different from Fox, right? From your MLG buddies who can't help but record the game and play it back thousands of times to take calculated data about every character to prove that these kinds of differences exist?

You know what, I don't even want to hear what the other differences are. Just wallow in the fact that Falco has a low chance of being in this game.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:08 PM   #844
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

I'd hate to see Falco go, he's been in the last two games if memory serves me right.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 04:21 PM   #845
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Quote:
What.

Oh, you have some in-depth studies that show that Falco has other important things about him that make him sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much different from Fox, right? From your MLG buddies who can't help but record the game and play it back thousands of times to take calculated data about every character to prove that these kinds of differences exist?

You know what, I don't even want to hear what the other differences are. Just wallow in the fact that Falco has a low chance of being in this game.
Squeek the differences between fox and falco are significant. Falco most certainly does have important things about him that make him so much diffrent from fox. I CANNOT play as fox whatsover due to these significant differences in weight and speed and power but can dominate with falco hands down. The fact that you're unable to recognize these differences shows me even more that you and most others in this thread no practically nothing about the beauty and awesomeness that is smash bros.

Also falco wasn't in the n64.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 04:33 PM   #846
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to masterhickle

I'll wallow in the fact that Falco may not be in the game because he was a good character to play. He's the only character I'm good with that I didn't really have to train.

Significant differences between Falco and Fox:
Up-B length
Side-B length
Lasers (fire speed, knock-back)
What happens when you get hit by the Side-B in the air
What direction the shines send you
Difference in knock-back on Up-Airs and Up-Smashes
Fall speed

The same can be said about the differences between Marth and Roy: To people who don't really care, there's not much difference, but to those who know better, the differences are significant.

The weekend sucks for Brawl. That is all.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:36 PM   #847
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Oh, sorry, I've never lost a battle against anyone with any character, let alone Falco / Fox, so I don't care to notice these things.

Sorry for being good at a game I beat four years ago and forgetting impossibly subtle and meaningless details.

The only thing that matters to my game style is Falco can jump higher but his gun sucks, even if it does have some KB to it.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:15 PM   #848
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
most others in this thread know practically nothing about the beauty and awesomeness that is smash bros.
You know, I have no idea how to play any other character other than Link and I do not care or know about every little minute detail and statistics of each and every character's moves. I can't even play my only character very well compared to other people; often times I miss my hits because I'm facing the wrong way.

Yet, I'm still able to enjoy the game and have fun while playing against my friends. I don't need to understand the numbers and the differences between each character to appreciate the "beauty and awesomeness" of the game. Having fun is just enough for me.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:18 PM   #849
SuperSonicX
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to SuperSonicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugomaru View Post
You know, I have no idea how to play any other character other than Link and I do not care or know about every little minute detail and statistics of each and every character's moves. I can't even play my only character very well compared to other people; often times I miss my hits because I'm facing the wrong way.

Yet, I'm still able to enjoy the game and have fun while playing against my friends. I don't need to understand the numbers and the differences between each character to appreciate the "beauty and awesomeness" of the game. Having fun is just enough for me.

~Tsugomaru
If you love playing with Link, then you will love his final smash when Brawl comes out.

If practice makes perfect, but no one has reached perfection, then why the hell practice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
Welcome aboard. I'm a noob also, so don't feel bad.

Cheers,

Synthlight
SuperSonicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:25 PM   #850
zidart
FFR Player

i like fox more than falco but that's just because i like floaty characters for succesful air attacks... though with the proper training falco is a very good character... there are differences between the clones that are about speed, power, and jump etc.... marth/roy = ike i don't think so ike moves are different and i would really hate that they don't add marth (my favorite character)
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:58 PM   #851
slickskater29
FFR Player

Squeek, beating the game has nothing to do with knowing what you are talking about, or being good at the game. Being undefeated while playing no one who is good at the game has nothing to do with knowing what you are talking about or being good at the game.

Going with what hickle said earlier, i'm adding to the list.

Falco's Shine hits upward.
Fox's Shine hits horizontally

Falco's basic shine combo: JC Shine->Dair->JC Shine->Dair etc.
Fox's basic shine combo: JC Shine->Wavedash->JC Shine/Grab/Usmash/Dair/Thunder's Combo.

Fox falls faster, and can CC better.

Fox just generally moves faster.

IMO, Fox, is SOOOO much easier to play than Falco.

I tried to check for the brawl update twice today. Weekends suck, now.

The word about Ike from Gimpy is that he is slower than Roy, and stronger than Marth.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:11 PM   #852
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
And how many times in the thread have I said I've never lost a match against another person?

I at least lose to the AI, so I consider it more of a challenge. People suck against me. The AI at least learns not to stand where I want them to stand when the item I threw five seconds ago is going to fall and open them up for my combo.
There's only one thing I wanna point out here Squeek : Losing to AI is worse than losing to any human. Beating any human means nothing if you lose to AI.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:27 PM   #853
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

EDIT: Oh wait. We're not supposed to be discussing Melee, so why is everyone here still doing that?
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:33 PM   #854
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Oh sorry I forgot you all can beat three level 9s in a 3 on 1 team match every single time you play

100000/100000 wins right guys

I sincerely hope Brawl removes all your ******ry you bring into this thread. Names of stupid exploits that make no sense to anyone except you, intangible differences between clones, etc. It's just annoying.

Can't you play a game just to play a game?
Old 10-27-2007, 10:30 PM   #855
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
What.

Dont get mad because I laughed at you lol. And good. I dont use falco

Quote:
Oh, sorry, I've never lost a battle against anyone with any character, let alone Falco / Fox, so I don't care to notice these things.

Sorry for being good at a game I beat four years ago and forgetting impossibly subtle and meaningless details.

The only thing that matters to my game style is Falco can jump higher but his gun sucks, even if it does have some KB to it.
Short hop laser. His laser is better than fox's. Ignorant lol...

Last edited by l2awr; 10-27-2007 at 10:32 PM..
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:44 PM   #856
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Oh sorry I forgot you all can beat three level 9s in a 3 on 1 team match every single time you play

100000/100000 wins right guys

I sincerely hope Brawl removes all your ******ry you bring into this thread. Names of stupid exploits that make no sense to anyone except you, intangible differences between clones, etc. It's just annoying.

Can't you play a game just to play a game?
Beating three level 9s in a 3v1 team means nothing to those of us that support tournament style play. For the record, it's not at all difficult if you know how to manipulate the AI.

I sincerely hope that Brawl removes all of your ******ry that you bring into this thread. You overlook minor things that make characters completely different. The exploits argument got nowhere last time, and it'll get nowhere this time; we've all stated our opinions, but neither side has budged. Let it go.

I can play a game just to play a game. I enjoy playing smash. Even though I play tournament style, I've gone through about half of all the characters for mains. Playing different characters is fun for me. Recognizing the differences among characters and figuring out their strengths and weaknesses in each match-up is fun for me.

We've been trying to give you valuable information about the game in general. We may be annoying to you, but what we speak is the truth. You're just being ignorant.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:09 PM   #857
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You're the ones who continuously say I'm terrible at a game that I know I'm fantastic at.

I don't need to know the millisecond differential between LAZOR BEEMZ to be good at a game.

And by the way, Fox's laser is better. FOR ME.

It's a completely subjective experience. I laugh at the fact that you all classify everything in the game. Tiers. Techniques. Everything. It's pathetic.

Last edited by Squeek; 10-27-2007 at 11:12 PM..
Old 10-27-2007, 11:39 PM   #858
RoastedNoob
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Would you not want to understand everything about something you love? May sound kinda weird, but smash is, by far, the best game to be released imo. I just love every single aspect of the game. If I find something in the game that can make me a stronger player, you better believe I'll analyze it and master it. It's just an amazing feeling to see how far you can take yourself with a game... And like you said, maybe you don't care to take it that far. You just want to smash, throw, and kill. That's just as fun. I did it for three years, I just think taking it to the next level would make you realize what you've missed out on. Perhaps you'll change your mind when Brawl is released and you'll get into a more competitive feel for smash.

EDIT: You probably live in an area that's awful for a competitive smasher. I never would've realized what I was missing out on if my friends and I hadn't thought about how good someone could be at this game and downloaded a video. Then I drove five hours away for a tournament, next thing I know I'm flying to California for the best week of my life(wasn't the best week of my life because of the smashing btw).

Last edited by RoastedNoob; 10-27-2007 at 11:46 PM..
RoastedNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:54 PM   #859
slickskater29
FFR Player

You lose to computers. You are not fantastic.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:54 PM   #860
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

Squeek, please don't take what I'm about to say offensively. I only wish to point out some things that I've noticed; I don't mean any disrespect. Oh, and what I'm about to say also applies to a lot of others, but Squeek is the most "visible" example of what I'm saying.

Judging by your posts in here, you appear to be very arrogant and self-centered ("a game I know I'm fantastic at"), and unwilling to accept new ideas. Of course, you're not the only one...a lot of people seem to be the same way, but you stand out the most.

It's like you want everyone to conform to your standards because, by your standards, you're the best in the world at the game. It's the classic "holier-than-thou" attitude.

A lot of people in this thread need to step back, look at the big picture, and stop being so vehement and adamant about their positions; be able to accept and adapt new ideas. Don't be so stubborn and rigid.

Like I said, I don't mean any disrespect by that, but things are getting a bit too vehement when we're not even supposed to be discussing Melee anyway
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote