Old 11-29-2005, 09:04 AM   #61
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforcer06164
Kilga, please let us know what's going on before we start to wonder. I'm not suspicious, but it just seems odd that it took the mentioning of your name to draw you out to make an excuse. It really doesn't help us when we have to figure out where everyone is.
You wanted to know where I was so I told you. I felt that was the polite thing to do. Same reason I'm responding to you now.

If you hadn't mentioned my name I wouldn't have said anything for all the reasons I listed.

Also I've tried to be active for the last two games and neither time did I get to see Night 2 so you'll have to excuse me if the prospect doesn't appeal to me terribly much.

I talked to talisman for a little while after I posted my thoughts on Page 3. He can post the log if he wants to. I would but I don't know if he wants to keep it private for some reason.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:35 AM   #62
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

Alright guys, sorry that I haven't posted as much on the forums, I've been talking a few things out with people. I've got two suspicions right now based off some AIM conversations (I've talked about this with a few of you), but I'd like to open up the floor to first: Who knows how to hack account? Who would think about hacking an account? and finally, What is there to accomplish from doing it? In short, what do the wolves want us to do? I think Tass asked a few of these same questions in his last post, so let me try and give an answer for each one, maybe get some discussion going about it.

Who knows how to hack? I don't know who on here has experience doing this type of thing. The only two ways I can think of to do this would be to brute-force a password or to have access to IP. Can you get into an account by having access to IP?

Who would think about hacking an account? I'd say that if Tass found some way to do it, and checked it over with TWC, he would be behind this--it's devilish and skirting on the rules, just his style. Tps is crazy enough to do it, but I don't know how much he knows in that area. I'll have to IM some people today and post the logs.

What is there to accomplish from doing it? Well I don't know if anyone else has brought this up, but if talis's account has been hacked, the culprit would have access to all his previous PMs, right? So why would this person send a PM anyway? If they could get in, read the PMs, and get out, why would they do anymore?

Anyway, now for suspicions. Too early for a list, so I'll just rattle off my top three. In light of recent events, these are in no particular order:

Tass: Afro's reasoning combined with this new hacking plan would lead my eyes towards him.

Jursey: Yes, Jursey, I'm now aware how 'dumb' you think asking for top 3 is, but it's a really good way to catch a wolf into naming one of their own for distance, so then if they're ever found as a wolf, I can go straight to the log. What I don't understand is why you got so angry about it? You're never angry with me on AIM, especially not when it's about something as dumb as TWG. You have yet to answer the question btw, and it's nearing the end of the Day.

Tps: Not so much, but I could also see tps pulling a hacking stunt just because you're crazy, and the fact that he didn't post until just last page makes me a little wary of him. I had an conversation with him way earlier in this Day (in fact it may have been during the Night) where I asked his top 3, but he didn't return the question. I found that just a little odd, EVERY SINGLE PERSON who's answered that question has asked me in return. Then again, wolves don't need to know who people's top 3 are.

Other then them, I'm watching Afro and Rai, just because I know they're smart and I don't want them to pull anything under my nose.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:05 AM   #63
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

aight aight aight

afro chill on that log, it really isn't necessary. It may be that this was just a really really similar account, taIisman. You'd think that would be the first think I checked, and it was, but apparently copy + pasting the name somewhere else changed it's appearance somehow.

In case anyone is interested, this is what it looked like

I'm really hoping this is the case since it makes no sense for the person who received this pm to have faked the ss and it makes no sense for someone to hack my account, because people on ffr aren't that desparate. Still trying to confirm this but I suck at searching for accounts.

edit: found it, created sunday, presumably before 12:50, as that was when the pm was sent out.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ofile&u=737381

actually scratch that time, I had am and pm mixed up. It looks like it was sent out during that 12 hours of nothingness between nforcer posts. Sent at ffr time of 6:33 pm on Nov 27.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:59 AM   #64
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

ding ding ding... I believe I mentioned that theory to you last night Mr. Penguin (although I'd imagine others did as well).

actually hacking into an account would take a LONG time and would risk you getting banned from FFR. How do I know this?
1) I discussed the theory with Talisman not 2-3 hours before he comments to me that it happened. Makes me think there is a mole in his group, someone he told that I mentioned something about hacking to using it to frame me.
2) A very good friend of mine brute-forced his way into our system administration account back in middle school... took something like 17 hours of a computer program running all random combinations of 26 upper and lower case letters plus numbers from 4-14 characters. BUT... that was a program specifically designed to hack a Novell network log-on. I'd imagine it wouldn't work for a website logon.

Also Fish... AFAIK, using IPs can't get you into an account. Besides, I highly doubt any of the mods/admins would use their powers to cheat in TWG. It would be a fast way to not being a mod anymore.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:06 AM   #65
talisman
Resident Penguin

like I said, it was the first thing I checked. It just happens to look alot more similar than I thought. I'm sure the wolves will have a good laugh at me post game.

Also, this happened sunday which was way before our conversation. Plus I don't think I'd mentioned anything of our chat to anyone last night. I was somewhat distraught at the time.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:15 AM   #66
talisman
Resident Penguin

So here's the main issue then. Why would the wolves do it?

They know that whoever they send it to is going to come to me and be like "Yo I'm in alliance right????" And I'll be like "uh... no..." and they'll be like "well how come you sent me that pm then?" and I'll be like "uh wtf" and so on, and this is pretty much what happened. So they know it's going to get back to me, and that I'll see that the info in the pm is wrong, and assume a wolf plot. Did they want me to assume that who they put as hobbes was the one sending the pm? Did they want me to assume that the person they sent it to was a wolf, for some reason? Did they just want to confirm two people as humans to me? I don't get it.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:15 PM   #67
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

I think the best method is to just ignore every aspect of it at all. If its someoen they tried to put in as a wolf vs someone for some reason they gave to as a human (still not sure what that would accomplish) you don't want to allow a mole or anyone into a group you're sure of. If anything it would make me slightly more suspicious of whoever it was directed to, because it seems much more probable to be coming as a stupid trick as opposed to given to an actual human, but I don't know, I guess it depends a lot on who it was "sent to".

Old 11-29-2005, 01:45 PM   #68
TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons Send a message via MSN to TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons Send a message via Skype™ to TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons

Likely possiblities I'm seeing:

A: sent by a wolf to a wolf in order to make that wolf seem ignorant and human.
B: sent by a wolf to a human to make them look like a wolf trying to seem ignorant and human.
C: sent by a wolf to themself for reason A.
D: sent by a wolf to a anyone simply for straight up fucking confusion.
E: D in combonation with A, B, or C.

My suggestion:
Keep it in your thoughts, and let's keep discussing it, but just in case it's D or E, don't forget about anything else because of it or it'll probably just leave you confused and let other things possibly slip under the radar.
And blah's right, it could depend a lot on who it was sent to.

EDIT just because in "E: " I accidentally put "C" instead of "D"
Old 11-29-2005, 01:59 PM   #69
mattc16
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to mattc16 Send a message via MSN to mattc16

You know Rai, I was just about to post pretty much exactly the same thing.

Click for great online poker rakeback offers!
Old 11-29-2005, 02:19 PM   #70
talisman
Resident Penguin

congratulations matt, you've now posted two sentences.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:33 PM   #71
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

Tass-1 (Afrobean)
HansSky-1 (Nforcer)
Nforcer-1 (Blahblah)

5 hours left until deadline (9 PM Eastern). 3 out of 16 people have voted. Make sure you get your votes in.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:45 PM   #72
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Alright guys, this will be my last post for the game day, because I will be busy until 10 PM or later.

I have nothing to add. All the speculation over who would have faked a "Talisman" account, or hacked his account, has really gotten us nowhere. I did hope for better, but it does seem that it hasn't really helped that much in pinning a wolf. I'm going to stick with Hans for the rest of the day, as his absence is growing on me as a bad omen, and I really don't have anything else to go on. Hans has been inactive in the past, but it seems odd that he hasn't made a single post yet.

Good luck for the rest of the day, everyone.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 11-29-2005, 02:48 PM   #73
mattc16
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to mattc16 Send a message via MSN to mattc16

Where are TPS and LD? Maybe I haven't been the most active yet this game, but personal problems have prevented that, and as such I'm gonna throw a vote on TPS. In the past TWGs which I have read, he's usually active early, usually coming up with good strategies as a green, but this time he's been silent.

Unfortunately my time zone kinda inhibits my ability to chat to people on AIM, as i have school from half 8 to half 4 GMT, and usually I'm not online until about 9 GMT as I have a social life too!!! I'll try and be as active as possible, if my friend's funeral doesn't get me down too much.

Click for great online poker rakeback offers!
Old 11-29-2005, 03:00 PM   #74
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Actually, Tass a bruteforce on a FFR account would be easy, especially considering that Talisman himself told me that his password would be an easy bruteforce (then again, most of our passwords probably are).

However, Talisman already posted the profile of "TaIisman", the one who did PM, who I, by the way, PM'd myself. Hopefully, Tass remembers to check the inbox.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:02 PM   #75
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

Join chat "twgxxiv"
Old 11-29-2005, 03:04 PM   #76
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

TPS excused himself for being busy (school and track...I know how that is, hah). So I don't think his inactivity is any big indicator.

EDIT: Directed at Mattc16. People post too fast. :P

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:38 PM   #77
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro
Hopefully, Tass remembers to check the inbox.
You crack me up. Seriously. Lemme know when you'll be performing in the NYC or Philly area.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:45 PM   #78
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

4:34:35 PM insanelikeafish: sup
4:35:24 PM xxplatoniclove: HI
4:35:59 PM insanelikeafish: top three
4:36:01 PM insanelikeafish: suspicions
4:36:03 PM insanelikeafish: for TWG
4:36:13 PM xxplatoniclove: me?
4:36:34 PM insanelikeafish: yeah
4:36:53 PM xxplatoniclove: Uh
4:37:04 PM xxplatoniclove: No.
4:37:06 PM insanelikeafish: just off the bat
4:37:11 PM xxplatoniclove: Thats fucking stupid.
4:37:21 PM xxplatoniclove: i never reply to people who ask me it
4:37:23 PM xxplatoniclove: because it's so pointless

4:37:37 PM insanelikeafish: based on how people have posted so far?
4:37:45 PM insanelikeafish: it's more pointless night 1
4:37:57 PM xxplatoniclove: I haven't read through all that stuff yet haha
4:37:58 PM insanelikeafish: but it has some credibility once day has started
4:37:58 PM xxplatoniclove: i never do
4:38:00 PM insanelikeafish: oh
4:38:01 PM insanelikeafish: rofl
4:38:05 PM xxplatoniclove: i always get suspicious of people through aim conversations
4:38:10 PM xxplatoniclove: and after i'm suspicious of them, then i read their posts
4:38:32 PM insanelikeafish: i see
4:38:45 PM xxplatoniclove: yeah i gotta go get ready
4:38:46 PM xxplatoniclove: bye
4:38:47 PM insanelikeafish: later

Anytime I've ever talked to Jursey about TWG, she's always lighthearted about it. Even when I had a vote on her last game, and I talked to her about it she was just like "ya rofl." This is why I find such a strong reaction coupled with the quick leaving suspicious. I've talked to a few of you about this, and I brought it up in the chat (which is still going on right now, get in guys). JurseyRider734

NOTE: I wasn't going to vote until nearing the end of the day, but I want to hear what Jursey has to say about this.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:52 PM   #79
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Oh snap, double post.

I apologize ahead of time for what I am sure will be a little incoherent, but my blood sugar's crashed now, so I might not make as much sense as I should.

Well, I'm throwing a vote on nForcer for a few reasons. His post on page 4 (second from bottom) really felt weird to me in a few ways. He said that Afro was so right for thinking he was a green--now, that's enough to set off sirens in anyone's head. He has had no past experience as a wolf, and this is the sort of thing that you see from new wolves--a lot of hard-to-swallow proof that they are innocent (as in citing where other players said they might be human). It's an extremely unorthodox thing for a human to say--on the other hand, I could see a human saying it, but it just does not seem very likely to me.

Then he says that he is going to be a pawn to Talisman. This is basically just being extremely spineless. It's an exuse for voting on bandwagons for the rest of the game, with the justification being that Talisman must be right. Instead of coming out and thinking for himself he's just hiding in the shadows, voting for whoever the crowd does in an attempt to blend in.

Perhaps most glaringly of all, he says that he is going to purposely change his behavior. I cannot see a human saying this at all. Being a little bit of a crowd-pleaser is one (bad) thing, but this is a little bit more than being slightly spineless. There's not even a lot to delve into here; it's pretty out in the open.

Then he proceeds to vote for an inactive, which does not say all too much except that it does not put him anywhere on the radar. A lot of people vote inactives on day one, so it doesn't mean awhole lot. An interesting thing to note, though, is that he is nearly as inactive as the person he voted for.

The last paragraph seems bossy and forced. Condescending, unnatural, and utterly un-human.

If only one of these things happened in his post, maybe I would not have voted for him, and only kept an eye out. But all that in just one post, with nothing to convince me that he is not a wolf in any of his later posts, makes it impossible for me not to vote for him.

EDIT: Once again, people budge in and post in front of me. Not a double post, though, happily.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:55 PM   #80
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
especially considering that Talisman himself told me that his password would be an easy bruteforce (then again, most of our passwords probably are)
Speak for yourself.

My vote is with HansSky for now. Maybe two votes with little time remaining will get him to say something, given one of them will apparently not change.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Closed Thread