Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 05:34 AM   #61
msbrunnettemickey
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to msbrunnettemickey Send a message via MSN to msbrunnettemickey

Life is so short ... =/
Well the point is, death=don't be afraid of it.

Well actually.. I fear of murdure, and accidents.

Our body is like a machine needed a soul to work the organs in order to live. (example: old age) The body grows older and older, until it reaches a point where it is just too weak to function (or a disease takes over). Soul leaves the body which makes your body die, and floats on to complete it's other task. Sometimes it would be sent back after a new generation takes place.

That's what i think of course.

בקצה השמיים, ובסוף המדבר, יש מקום רחוק מלא פרחי בר
מקום קטן, עלוב ומשוגע, מקום רחוק מקום לדאגה
יש אומרים שם שמשיקרה וחושבים אל כל מה שקרה
אלוהים שם יושב ורואה ושומר אל כל משברא
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
ודואג ודואג נורא
msbrunnettemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:05 AM   #62
sslindseyboy
FFR Player

Default RE: Re: RE: Afraid of death.

gosh this board scares me. 0_0
well... in the bible. it says that god loves everyone no matter what so. i don't think hell is real.
Secontly: no one even knows what happend in the beginning. But someone (or something) Had to make space...Very wierd thing to talk about.
sslindseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 06:08 AM   #63
Border_hoppin_buddy
FFR Player

Jesus was black, Ronald Reagan was the devil, and the gov't was lying about 9/11.
Run into the peacecamp back
Run along with Captain Jack
Badadadideido, badideido, badideidideidideido
Badadadideido, left right right left
Badadadideido, run along with Captain Jack
1962-2005
Border_hoppin_buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:03 PM   #64
cmb
FFR Player

Matthew 10:28 ''Don't be afraid of those who want to kill you.They can only kill your body;they cannot touch your soul .Fear only God,who can destroy both body and soul in HELL''this verse clearly states that there is indeed a hell.
cmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:10 PM   #65
cmb
FFR Player

1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-10 ''Don't you knowthat those who do wrong have no share in the kingdom of God?Don't fool yourselves.Those who indulge in sexual sin, who are idol worshipers, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals, thieves, greedy people, drunkards, abusers, and swindlers-none of these will have a share in the kingdom of heaven''this verse also clearly states that well...people who do these thing aren't saved and will not share in the kingdom of heaven,remember God loves the sinner hates the sin.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:34 PM   #66
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

I'm pretty sure fear of anything is fear of death. If you're afraid of spiders, you're afraid they'll kill you. If you're afraid of the dark, you're afraid you're going to get killed in it. I fear death, I don't think there's a person who really doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:54 PM   #67
partyhartygurl555
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to partyhartygurl555

Death....people are afraid of death right? But they need to know that death will come to you in life sometime.. me im kind of afraid og it but i know it will come.... i just dont know when
Old 11-11-2005, 08:00 AM   #68
Demon_Of_The_Comet
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Demon_Of_The_Comet
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Afraid of death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
I'm pretty sure fear of anything is fear of death. If you're afraid of spiders, you're afraid they'll kill you. If you're afraid of the dark, you're afraid you're going to get killed in it. I fear death, I don't think there's a person who really doesn't.

Not necessarily, im afraid of spiders but im not afraid of them killing me, im afraid of their poison killing me, or we can go with the "a spider will come up and lay an egg sac in your mouth which will travel down into your lungs. in a few days theyll hatch and eat you from the inside out" thing. Im afraid of them touching me >_> Yea call me a baby but its a childhood thing.

And yea, ive been a NDE, when i was young i was always in the hospitol cuz of my asthma and ive flatlined twice.

Do i count as not being afraid of death? 3rd times a charm
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
If you are part of the 2% that isn\'t a ******, put this in your profile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_boy
firemon is in the top 10 sm list...dont talk (#$% to him.
Demon_Of_The_Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:46 AM   #69
jamuko
FFR Player

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Afraid of death.

Not all fear = fear of death. Most things we fear are associated with pain, not death. A bee sting will hurt, so we steer clear of bees, but that doesn't mean we're afraid of them killing us. People are afraid of dentists and doctors, too; not because they might kill us, but because they might do something that will hurt.

Also, this isn't limited to physical pain. People fear emotional pain too, like shame or embarrassment. Obviously being embarrassed isn't going to kill you, but it's an uncomfortable situation we do our best to avoid. Losing a loved one is even worse. The thought of a good friend dying terrifies me, actually >_> it's much scarier than the thought of dying myself. And of course, being afraid of a friend dying != being afraid of your own death.

I don't think death itself is all that scary of a thing. The means by which you die could be something to fear, since many possibilities are extremely painful, but death itself is not. If you die peacefully, it really isn't scary at all. I don't want to die anytime soon, but it's not that I'm afraid of it... it's that I'm still young and have a lot ahead of me in life that I don't want to miss out on, and that I have people I care about that I'd be leaving behind prematurely. But when the time comes, it comes.

Also, not existing doesn't seem like a hard thing for me to comprehend... hm.

Well, those are my thoughts on the matter.
I shoot eye beams at the things I hate and make them explode! (Yay!)
So Happy! Smile! Hello! It's a picnic every day
There's lots of happiness in my pocket
So let's play forever~
jamuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 10:45 AM   #70
Vampiric_Knight_X
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Vampiric_Knight_X Send a message via Yahoo to Vampiric_Knight_X
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Afraid of death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb
1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-10 ''Don't you knowthat those who do wrong have no share in the kingdom of God?Don't fool yourselves.Those who indulge in sexual sin, who are idol worshipers, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals, thieves, greedy people, drunkards, abusers, and swindlers-none of these will have a share in the kingdom of heaven''this verse also clearly states that well...people who do these thing aren't saved and will not share in the kingdom of heaven,remember God loves the sinner hates the sin.
I personaly belive that any one who takes the Bible literaly...is an idiot. No offense...ok maby there is some, but oh well. I dont belive in a great higher being who has the right to tell us what is wrong and what is wright. Looking at the Bible I'd say the heaven to hell population would be 1:1000000000000666. That is if there was a heaven or hell. But to belive in these things is just a way to escape the reality of death. Religion was made by man. The Bible was made by man. Man is stupid and knows nothing.
-Armand
Old 11-24-2005, 11:53 AM   #71
cmb
FFR Player

Very true religion was made by man and yes man is stupid.However Christianity is not a religion it is a personal relationship with Christ.I respect your view and all but come on insulting some one for believing in the Bible is quite low.I mean you dont see my calling you a blasphemous fool who's damn to a sinners hell now do you.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:00 PM   #72
Tank101
I V vi iii IV I IV V
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Tank101

He's not saying you're dumb for believing in the Bible, believing is cool. But some people take the words too literally. Like it's some sort of clue book. "Oh look, on this page, it says blah blah blah blah so that must mean that blah blah blah meaning that we need to pray 50 more times a day."

It's cool to live by the bible, but don't take it literally. There are so many people that think Gay marraige is wrong just because the Bible says that it's something between a man and a woman. I think they should have their own thoughts about issues, and use the Bible as a guidline, not a law.
Tank101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 12:12 PM   #73
cmb
FFR Player

ok so what you're saying is although the bible says not to do something it's ok to not follow thoughs rules even though it specifys not do something multible times threw out the Bible,Am i correct.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:15 PM   #74
Tank101
I V vi iii IV I IV V
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Tank101

You are correct sir.
Tank101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 01:21 PM   #75
cmb
FFR Player

May I ask how you came to that conclusion if you don't mind.