Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-7-2004, 01:45 PM   #61
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

I actually like that idea.

However, it'd have to be random, and that random factor could go to Tass. If it weren't random, the host would select a super-dependable person and we'd all know who it was. They'd never get contacted.

LD - You say I take it too far, I say you don't take it far enough. Sure, it's a forum game. Sure, it's a stupid incident. The fact of the matter is that Tasselfoot opened someone else's PRIVATE message. AKA, Invasion of privacy. AKA, lawsuit. Nobody will take it that far, but it's possible.

You see why I care so much now?

~Squeek
Old 12-7-2004, 01:47 PM   #62
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

I guess I do :-\

Just don't do it again people.
Old 12-7-2004, 01:51 PM   #63
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

listen.... i don't know where any of this hacking nonsense came from. here is the ENTIRE story.

in twg1-4, none of this happened.

in twg5... i have Whorli's password. i logged onto her account and read her PM. that was it. no hacking, no stealing passwords, etc.

what other people did:
Chardish - started the PM thing. asked me what the last letter in every word in the 2nd line of the PM was (the 2nd line to all humans was the same). he also asked Kefit and LD. Kefit declined and told Kilga, LD accepted and told Chardish. I asked Guido. obviously, he declined. and he told Kilga. he also was asking everyone in the game if they were a wolf or not after he died. he was planning on telling me if anyone admitted. obviously, alain pulled the seer bit and guido said no.

Evilbutterfly and Afro - both being n00bs to the game, they SSed their PMs and sent them to each other. shortly after, they realized from others that that was obviously wrong, and felt bad about it. they now know better.

i believe that is everything that occured in TWG5 that is either completely or somewhat against the rules.
Old 12-7-2004, 01:54 PM   #64
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

I am especially surprised that you and chardish would go as low to do that because you guys are smart and you are vets to the game.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 12-7-2004, 01:54 PM   #65
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

i'm relaly not upset with speciifc incidents, but rather the fact that all this happened... like even your whole you talking to cyupher thing game 3... I dunno, it just irks me is all, and I also don't see how it isn't goign to happen in TWGn

Old 12-7-2004, 01:56 PM   #66
flypie743
FFR Player

Yes, I was rather ticked about the talking to cypher, also, especially because I was a wolf that game and I wanted Cen and Sleepless to win even though I dropped out because I was seered.

Old 12-7-2004, 01:57 PM   #67
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

flypie, i did nothing illegal in TWG3. i never talked about the game, even if through my conversing with others, they did.
Old 12-7-2004, 01:58 PM   #68
blahblah18
FFR Player

come on ask Cypher, he'll be the first to say

Old 12-7-2004, 01:58 PM   #69
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah18
I also don't see how it isn't goign to happen in TWGn
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdarkness
Those who are caught cheating in the future, will be banned from several games.
EDIT: Cool, the second quote didn't line up on the same table as the first before I made this edit.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 12-7-2004, 01:59 PM   #70
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

check the TWG3 postgame. cypher said that he was extremely confused with what i was saying.
Old 12-7-2004, 01:59 PM   #71
blahblah18
FFR Player

well thats what i'm saying.. i don't see how it will be caught

Old 12-7-2004, 02:00 PM   #72
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

It got caught this game, didn't it?
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 12-7-2004, 02:00 PM   #73
blahblah18
FFR Player

but now peopel know WHO TO GO TO AND WHO NOT TO

Edit: cypher told me in aim that it basically gave it to him.

Old 12-7-2004, 02:07 PM   #74
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

After reading a few pages of the thread:

Uhoh. Looks like I better confess a bit. I exchanged PM screenshots with another person (not gonna say who, because I don't know if they want to be incriminated). Honestly, I didn't know it was against the rules. My knowledge of the rules came only from what I had seen in other games, and one of the signups where it was posted what each role did. I had no idea it was cheating, and neither did the person I exchanged with. Actually, when the idea of showing screenshots came up, I asked "you think that'll be unfair?" and we both decided it wouldn't be a big deal anyways, because apparently he didn't know it was illegal anyways. But honestly, I would have trusted him even if I hadn't had the screenshot, because I've talked to him a lot before and can read him really well. Besides, my alliance with him didn't help me in the actual game at all, really.

I'm sorry about this, you guys. If you don't think I should have it, don't even make me a banner. I would really like to have it to show that I won, but I can see why you may think I don't deserve it. And if I don't get it, I'll just have to win the next game, but fairly this time.

Also, Tass, quit being a douche. What you did was wrong, and you need to stop acting like you're not a poor sport. I feel terrible for cheating unknowingly, yet you sit there and claim that your game-winning actions were in no way a violation of the rules. You have your 4 pips and 5 games won because of you, I suggest you take some time off and learn to not cheat. Yeah, maybe it wasn't in the rules, but geez. I bet nowhere in the rules of football does it say you can pull out a pistol and shoot the quarterback, but would doing that make it any less wrong? The rules for this game also don't say you can't upload a virus onto other players' computers so they can't vote and are eventually phantom voted out, but that would be wrong, too. I don't care if you never admit to us that it was wrong, but at least admit it to yourself and quit cheating.

EDIT: Looks like Tass spilt the beans already. Oh well.

Also, people were saying "who cheats in a forum game?" but my question is, why would you cheat at all? It really takes away the special value of winning.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 12-7-2004, 02:09 PM   #75
flypie743
FFR Player

Quote:
I bet nowhere in the rules of football does it say you can pull out a pistol and shoot the quarterback, but would doing that make it any less wrong? The rules for this game also don't say you can't upload a virus onto other players' computers so they can't vote and are eventually phantom voted out, but that would be wrong, too. I don't care if you never admit to us that it was wrong, but at least admit it to yourself and quit cheating.
Good analogies.

Old 12-7-2004, 02:10 PM   #76
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Tass, it couldn't just be that you accessed Whorli's PMs. That would have gained you nothing. Instead, it became obvious to you VERY quickly who was who on Day 4. Something must have happened and, from your post, it was obviously something to do with the PMs.

~Squeek

All dead people can (and do) talk to me. Since I don't play, it's a useful way to at least try to gain some insight as to what happened. I keep up with the thread all the time and know what's going on.
Old 12-7-2004, 02:11 PM   #77
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tass
Evilbutterfly and Afro - both being n00bs to the game, they SSed their PMs and sent them to each other. shortly after, they realized from others that that was obviously wrong, and felt bad about it. they now know better.
Yes, I didn't know it was wrong, but how could I? It's not in any written rules, is it?

That's why I propose that someone writes up all these little things that we shouldn't be allowed to do. Also, we could make it so that that would be something that would have to be read before signing up for the next games.

Also, Tass, how'd you find out?

And about all this other sharing passwords jazz:
It's really not that big of a thing. My understanding is that Whorli trusted Tass enough to share their password. However, I do feel that this is one of the things that should be added to an official list of rules for things to not do in the future.

PS can you guys cut down on the late night posting? I have to go to bed at 10:00 and I can't stay up later. Also, the next time I get to come on is the next day after school. I came back to the forums with 5 pages of after game to go through.
Old 12-7-2004, 02:12 PM   #78
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Quote:
Yes, I didn't know it was wrong, but how could I? It's not in any written rules, is it?
Actually, it is.

Sadly Loog has since taken down his TWG Rules page, but if you want to go by the original rules, in the RL game the rules do say it's illegal to flip your role card before you die.
Old 12-7-2004, 02:15 PM   #79
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

not our fault Afro....

and squeek... the reason everything came out all of a sudden on day 4 is because alain was killed on day 3. so, after he was found out, i went and re-read the entire thread... plus, there were 10 players. i was human, whorli was human, LD was human, EB and Afro were human, and roopert was the guardian. that left 4 people. guido, sleepless, cypher, snapps. and, after re-reading the entire thread, it was obvious that the 2 wolves were guido and sleepless.

so, yea... i knew whorli was human from her PM. the rest was some trust and some logic.

PS - afro, if she is trusting enough to sleep with me, live with me for 3 months, and now transfer schools and move 3000 miles to be closer to me... then yea, she trusts me with her password. same as she knows mine.

EDIT: from day 2 i had sleepless in my sights as a wolf... guido didn't come to me until after alain was pegged.
Old 12-7-2004, 02:18 PM   #80
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Quote:
Actually, it is.

Sadly Loog has since taken down his TWG Rules page, but if you want to go by the original rules, in the RL game the rules do say it's illegal to flip your role card before you die.
I had no idea this was a real life thing. Is it like a board game or something?

PS I still think someone should type up a list of rules for the FFR forums. That way, what happened with me wouldn't happen again.