Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-2-2011, 02:29 PM   #61
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxGhost
Default Re: God damnit.

Because it's not a belief. Holy shit you're so dumb.
MaxGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2011, 02:33 PM   #62
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mans0n View Post
If evolution is responsible for all the vast creations in space and the endless varieties of species of life on the innumerable planets, then why is the law not working today? And why do we not have actual and unquestionable examples of the various stages of evolution from the lowest to the highest forms of life? If evolution ever worked, it should be working today so that every form or stage of development could be seen as proof that the lower forms of life will eventually be the higher in the ages to come. Is it not strange that the process has been at a standstill for the period man has been on earth to observe evolution at work? Is it not strange that man has not produced one example of change from one species to another, not even to the losing of the monkey tail and hair? And again, if people evolved from apes, why are there still apes?
You know, this is how I thought of Evolution when I was 11. It was before I even learned about evolution, all I ever heard about evolution was what I heard from my religious parents. Do you not know that evolution IS present in the world today?
any process of formation or growth; development: the evolution of a language; the evolution of the airplane.
Biology . change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift.
(http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/evolution)

http://www.college.ucla.edu/webproje...levolution.htm

What do you have to say?
~kitty~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2011, 02:38 PM   #63
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

google: "arguments against evolution", copy paste

"Ha Ha. U Internet Scientists Nerds Are Getting Mad. Im Stylin On U. Lol. If Were Evolved From Monkeys Why Do I NOt Look Like A Money. Cant EXpLAin That Can You. Yeah Thought So. Team God Scores Again"
Old 07-2-2011, 02:41 PM   #64
PlayTrumpet
Lamingtons.
FFR Veteran

lolz
Old 07-2-2011, 02:42 PM   #65
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

i would just like to submit that miss connecticut in the actual interview video is both a) super cute and b) gave a reasonable answer in that it was both short and not "well uhh i dont personally agree with evolution..."

team connecticut: 1, every other shitty state: 0
Old 07-2-2011, 02:45 PM   #66
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n

robertsona stop trying to be so cool its really not working, really.

Really.

PS: idgaf what you guys say mans0n out

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P
Mans0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2011, 02:47 PM   #67
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
PS: idgaf what you guys say mans0n out
Closed-minded idiot. +1
~kitty~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2011, 02:47 PM   #68
SocoNhydro420
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to SocoNhydro420

It makes me shudder to think that religeon is still powering the minds of people today. Lets take a look at where it all began.

Long ago, the early human inhabitants of the earth lacked the technology and foundations for proper science, let alone they were too busy battleing the elements to stay alive. So simple things like the sun rising and setting, rain, the stars, and the question of where they came from could not be explained. So... different people came up with different theories across the world to try and explain these phenomenon. These first few theories were the start of religeon. A few people came up with the thought that there must be "gods" that cast the sun on the earth, that makes rain fall, and that created them, for a lack of a better explaination. After a few years, these theories became "fact" to their children.

A childs mind is very vulnerable. Since they are too young to have experienced the world for themselves, and dont understand natural phenomenon either, they easily buy in to their parents stories of the gods and legends. They are surrounded by the religeon everywhere in life, and by the time they are grown, their mind is exceedingly convinced that their religeon is true, and is what governs everything. Nothing could sway their beliefs, they would fight and die for their religeon they grew up with.

And so they pass it down to their children, and their childrens children, and so on.

The poor children are cast into their society where they are taught the religeon, live their lives around it, and would be shunned for disbelieveing it (not to mention, threatened by the fear of "hell"). How could anybody break away from that? In the past days, it was almost impossible.

Its hard to believe that all of christianity places their faith on the fact that they believe the virgin mary was truthful in saving that she was a virgin. How could anyone know that she didnt have intercourse in secret? Or was raped? Things like this would be hard for a woman to tell her friends and family. So she could have easily lied and said that she has no idea how she got pregnant. Thus, ignorant people that dont consider the fact that people are capable of lieing believe her. How could they explain a pregnant virgin? OMG IT MUST BE THE GODS!!! THIS CHILD IS HOLY!!! She probably didnt mind the publicity much either, and stuck to her story. Hell, it gets her out of trouble for having sex, AND shes famous! Truth is, we will never know what really happened, its lost in time. This truth that we cannot know what went on gives christians room to continue their practice, since theres no way we could prove it otherwise. Simple explainations exist and people would rather believe that christ was the son of god. Good job mary, you started a christianic revolution with your stories.

To me, "God" sounds more like some kind of dictator like hitler then what christians make him out to be. I mean, all we have to go on is stories from the past, no divine intervention, no proof that hes really there. And if we choose not to buy into stories, but go to actual science and facts like any intellegent and logical person might, we get sent to hell to burn for eternity.
So basically, he wants you to follow him or be tortured forever, no choice in the matter. Yep, that sounds like a dictator to me, and sounds like someone that i would definatly not worship. How could he punish people for being logical now that explainations exist for things that had no explaination when christianity was born (and created to explain)? Does he really expect us to follow these crazy people telling stories from an old book? He sure seems pretty harsh. BELIEVE IN ME OR BURN IN HELL!!!!! Pretty scary huh, children sure do get scared by this and grow up believeing in it.

And those poor children grow up to be people like Manson.

All in all, christianity teaches some very good morals and a good way to live your life. I just think that people should be good to one another for the sake of humanity, not some fear of going to hell.

MUST... AAA...

FMO AAAs (27): Epidermis, Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star, Rottel-da-station, Disconnected Hardkore, Melonmans OP, Battle Theme #37, Fast Asleep, Gacha Gacha Hertz Figu atto Radio, Puzzle, Midnight Dragon, Distorted God, Variations 2, Strangeprogram, Arrogant Cobbler, Kanon Medly ~Metal Wings~, Dance and Zeal, Heavenly Spores, Document 13b, The Divine Suicide of K, Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze, Summer Time Perfume, Chaosmaid, Colorful Course, O (piano version), Ambient Angels, Defection, Jeanie and Caroline

Last edited by SocoNhydro420; 07-2-2011 at 02:50 PM..
SocoNhydro420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2011, 02:58 PM   #69
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2011, 03:05 PM   #70
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocoNhydro420 View Post
It makes me shudder to think that religeon is still powering the minds of people today. Lets take a look at where it all began.

Long ago, the early human inhabitants of the earth lacked the technology and foundations for proper science, let alone they were too busy battleing the elements to stay alive. So simple things like the sun rising and setting, rain, the stars, and the question of where they came from could not be explained. So... different people came up with different theories across the world to try and explain these phenomenon. These first few theories were the start of religeon. A few people came up with the thought that there must be "gods" that cast the sun on the earth, that makes rain fall, and that created them, for a lack of a better explaination. After a few years, these theories became "fact" to their children.

A childs mind is very vulnerable. Since they are too young to have experienced the world for themselves, and dont understand natural phenomenon either, they easily buy in to their parents stories of the gods and legends. They are surrounded by the religeon everywhere in life, and by the time they are grown, their mind is exceedingly convinced that their religeon is true, and is what governs everything. Nothing could sway their beliefs, they would fight and die for their religeon they grew up with.

And so they pass it down to their children, and their childrens children, and so on.

The poor children are cast into their society where they are taught the religeon, live their lives around it, and would be shunned for disbelieveing it (not to mention, threatened by the fear of "hell"). How could anybody break away from that? In the past days, it was almost impossible.

Its hard to believe that all of christianity places their faith on the fact that they believe the virgin mary was truthful in saving that she was a virgin. How could anyone know that she didnt have intercourse in secret? Or was raped? Things like this would be hard for a woman to tell her friends and family. So she could have easily lied and said that she has no idea how she got pregnant. Thus, ignorant people that dont consider the fact that people are capable of lieing believe her. How could they explain a pregnant virgin? OMG IT MUST BE THE GODS!!! THIS CHILD IS HOLY!!! She probably didnt mind the publicity much either, and stuck to her story. Hell, it gets her out of trouble for having sex, AND shes famous! Truth is, we will never know what really happened, its lost in time. This truth that we cannot know what went on gives christians room to continue their practice, since theres no way we could prove it otherwise. Simple explainations exist and people would rather believe that christ was the son of god. Good job mary, you started a christianic revolution with your stories.

To me, "God" sounds more like some kind of dictator like hitler then what christians make him out to be. I mean, all we have to go on is stories from the past, no divine intervention, no proof that hes really there. And if we choose not to buy into stories, but go to actual science and facts like any intellegent and logical person might, we get sent to hell to burn for eternity.
So basically, he wants you to follow him or be tortured forever, no choice in the matter. Yep, that sounds like a dictator to me, and sounds like someone that i would definatly not worship. How could he punish people for being logical now that explainations exist for things that had no explaination when christianity was born (and created to explain)? Does he really expect us to follow these crazy people telling stories from an old book? He sure seems pretty harsh. BELIEVE IN ME OR BURN IN HELL!!!!! Pretty scary huh, children sure do get scared by this and grow up believeing in it.

And those poor children grow up to be people like Manson.

All in all, christianity teaches some very good morals and a good way to live your life. I just think that people should be good to one another for the sake of humanity, not some fear of going to hell.
This reminds me of a rant Galen posted back when he wasn't an Atheist.

http://www.snipeme.com/archive.php?year=2004&rant=god
DossarLX ODI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2011, 03:18 PM   #71
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n

Soco your close minded rant is almost as bad as me dude, come on know you got your shit all backwards and its sad. I can easily flip the script about everything you think is right, its a never ending arguement so why dont YOU grow up and accept others for their beliefs? ohh wait.. you can't I forgot.

And one end time prediction was that in the end times there would be a sharp rise in ungodliness and a rise in people rejecting god for earthly things and explanations, which is exactly what your doing. Though even though the proof is in front of you, you still choose to ignore it. Because you rather live your life Your Own way According to Your own thoughts and actions with out any regard for anyone or anything else, your basically saying that you are your own god which in the end is going to get you no where but 6 feet under a lot faster than you think. And the place you'd go by following the path your on isn't going to be very enjoyable to say the least.

go ahead start the religion bashing about now:

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P
Mans0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2011, 03:44 PM   #72
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

Quote:
why dont YOU grow up and accept others for their beliefs?
Quote:
you rather live your life Your Own way According to Your own thoughts and actions with out any regard for anyone or anything else
I smell selfcontradiction

Quote:
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2011, 03:57 PM   #73
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.S.M View Post
Mans0n, I swear, every time you post its like a supernova of shit. Like diarrhea, but very explosive. It's like you copy paste things idiots think up except you make it sound much more idiotic.
Most accurate post in this thread.
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2011, 04:06 PM   #74
SocoNhydro420
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to SocoNhydro420

Quote:
Soco your close minded rant is almost as bad as me dude, come on know you got your shit all backwards and its sad.
Seems like my rant was pretty open minded to me. Just giving thoughts from a logical point of view. Something outside the box. Also, please show me what i have backwards too.

Quote:
even though the proof is in front of you, you still choose to ignore it
what proof??

Quote:
your basically saying that you are your own god
LOL!! Yeah thats definatly the point i was trying to make. /Sarcasm

Quote:
you rather live your life Your Own way According to Your own thoughts and actions with out any regard for anyone or anything else
By your posts, it seems this is exatly what YOU are doing. Hahahaha. I am merely giving my two cents.

MUST... AAA...

FMO AAAs (27): Epidermis, Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star, Rottel-da-station, Disconnected Hardkore, Melonmans OP, Battle Theme #37, Fast Asleep, Gacha Gacha Hertz Figu atto Radio, Puzzle, Midnight Dragon, Distorted God, Variations 2, Strangeprogram, Arrogant Cobbler, Kanon Medly ~Metal Wings~, Dance and Zeal, Heavenly Spores, Document 13b, The Divine Suicide of K, Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze, Summer Time Perfume, Chaosmaid, Colorful Course, O (piano version), Ambient Angels, Defection, Jeanie and Caroline
SocoNhydro420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2011, 04:18 PM   #75
ScarletSky
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
I raged. Couldn't make it past 1:30.

ScarletSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2011, 04:42 PM   #76
ELRayford
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Not going to quote or call anyone out. I strongly believe in evolution. Some things to think about.

It doesn't occur overnight.

Evolution is mainly adapting to ones living style and environment. Numerous examples out there google it.

While taking the prior statement into consideration, think about the following. As a species, we humans have started crafting our own environments to our liking. You could almost say we are controlling our own evolution at this time. Imagine if we didn't have all the advances in tech and quality of life that we do today. I am sure we would continue evolving into a more "outdoors" type species.

However, we are not evolving much to suite our needs. We control our own micro environments (air conditioning, medical advances, etc) I think we have hit a plateau on the evolutionary process "so to say". As our tech improves and we are able to genetically engineer ourselves to become "perfect", we will essentially control evolution.

I am not the best CT poster, never have been never will. This is something that you can do some reading on for a better understanding LOL

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1...+our+evolution

my 2 cents. good thread (minus the brainless mans0n posts) you gotta stop copy pasting bro.
ELRayford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2011, 05:19 PM   #77
irionman
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

This thread is shit now. All it took was one person to say the word "god" and shit hit the fan. Congrats. We now have another religious debate on our hands. My two cents, screw it. God is fake. The world is something I created off of an acid trip.
smittyicecream 3:36 pm
yo this pot i just got smells like straight up doo doo (good doo doo), a pungeant strong smell

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
irionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2011, 05:34 PM   #78
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

mans0n posts are absolute hilarity. clearly, no amount of facts or logical reasoning could ever get through to him. well, not over these message boards, anyway. maybe someone could pin him up against a locker and shove diagrams in his face or something.

most of the girls in the miss usa video seem to be quite ignorant, but at least they're not aggressively ignorant. I think I only heard "i dont believe in evolution and it should not be taught in schools" once or twice.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2011, 05:36 PM   #79
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

Existence is fake

Quote:
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING