Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-1-2011, 10:02 AM   #61
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Touhou

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJRoX View Post
Rofl, grazing is much more important than speedkilling on TH. The only things you speed kill are small fairies that hardly spew out bullets. Usually people kill while grazing, which is exactly what I do.
And yes there aren't many people who play the game but claim they are huge touhou fans when they don't even know what the word "danmaku" is.

I got a little busier on CS 1.6 and FFR. I'm rarely on Touhou now since I'm also working on the FFR medley to go, with a couple of other pieces I've yet to transcribe from playing by ear on piano.

I'm still looking forward to Ten Desires. I really hope there's a difficulty spike like TH12
AHAHAHAHAH. If you have played the TH13 demo AT ALL, you would know that grazing isn't NEARLY as important as speedkilling and pointblanking.
And just so you know, I was talking only about TH13.
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2011, 11:00 AM   #62
LJRoX
Banned

Of course I've played TH13 demo rofl. I was just talking about Touhou in general, did you see any 13? No.
I'm not stupid, grazing is very important when you want to gain score.

Of course pointblanking is important in TH13, the spirits decrease in size as time passes, so you want to collect them as soon as possible, but speedkilling on the other hand is not as important as grazing, in terms of killing the boss.

Last edited by LJRoX; 05-1-2011 at 11:33 AM..
LJRoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2011, 12:44 PM   #63
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

No arguing between touhou fanboys please

It depends on the boss and card. But LJRox is right, for the most part grazing IS VERY IMPORTANT for scoring. In fact, the time remaining will not affect the spell-card capture bonus very much, but you won't get it if you use a bomb or die or even time-out (don't beat it in time). For the most part, you have to try to graze and defeat the boss, but Yoshika is where most would have problems, as not only does she takes your spirits, BUT SHE EATS THEM TO REGENERATE HER OWN HEALTH TOO. So you have to be real quick while getting points as well.

More info on scoring and gameplay are here:
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Ten_De...eplay/Strategy
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2011, 02:20 PM   #64
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Of course I've played TH13 demo rofl. I was just talking about Touhou in general, did you see any 13? No.
I'm not stupid, grazing is very important when you want to gain score.

Of course pointblanking is important in TH13, the spirits decrease in size as time passes, so you want to collect them as soon as possible, but speedkilling on the other hand is not as important as grazing, in terms of killing the boss.
Grazing is still not really very important in TH13 scoring. It is far more profitable to bomb spam and Trance Mode the entire boss than to sit around grazing everything.
Have you seen the 300+ million hard replay? I see very little actual grazing like the stuff in TH08.

Last edited by sjoecool1991; 05-1-2011 at 02:24 PM..
Old 05-1-2011, 07:26 PM   #65
LJRoX
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoecool1991 View Post
Grazing is still not really very important in TH13 scoring. It is far more profitable to bomb spam and Trance Mode the entire boss than to sit around grazing everything.
Have you seen the 300+ million hard replay? I see very little actual grazing like the stuff in TH08.
TH08's score system lies around the grazing system. Especially when you fight the boss until the last second because your spell bonus increases as you graze overtime. The more you graze the more spell bonus you gain, and it decreases overtime. There is a max to the spell bonus, I'm not sure if the amount differs for every spell but once it reaches the max, you can choose whether to finish off the boss or not. Usually you'd want to stay until the last few seconds before going to the non-spell cards. Again, grazing is very much important in scoring, I don't even know if I should continue arguing with someone who doesn't even know that for a fact. If grazing wasn't as important then there shouldn't be a graze counter.
Old 05-1-2011, 09:17 PM   #66
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
TH08's score system lies around the grazing system. Especially when you fight the boss until the last second because your spell bonus increases as you graze overtime. The more you graze the more spell bonus you gain, and it decreases overtime. There is a max to the spell bonus, I'm not sure if the amount differs for every spell but once it reaches the max, you can choose whether to finish off the boss or not. Usually you'd want to stay until the last few seconds before going to the non-spell cards. Again, grazing is very much important in scoring, I don't even know if I should continue arguing with someone who doesn't even know that for a fact. If grazing wasn't as important then there shouldn't be a graze counter.
Oh my god, you didn't even read my post. I said that TH13 wasn't revolving around grazing AS MUCH AS TH08 DID. Learn to ****ing read.
Old 05-1-2011, 09:31 PM   #67
LJRoX
Banned

Doesn't matter, you're generally wrong about your idea of grazing and the score system.
Also, why so mad?
Old 05-1-2011, 09:40 PM   #68
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Ragehou
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2011, 09:41 PM   #69
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Touhou fanboy arguments.

Reminds me of how Stargroup got banned in MotK, except his arguments were TRAINS in UFO
Old 05-1-2011, 09:42 PM   #70
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

lmao Stargroup went over there and got banned? I gotta see what happened XD
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2011, 09:43 PM   #71
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Doesn't matter, you're generally wrong about your idea of grazing and the score system.
Also, why so mad?
I am mad because you are completely not getting what I am trying to say.
in TH13, and ONLY IN TH13, score gains from grazing is almost completely unnoticeable compared to point blanking bosses, using trance mode on bosses, and speedkilling popcorn enemies. That is the point I was trying to make the entire time, that TH13 is MUCH less reliant on grazing to score well than almost all of the previous touhou games.
Old 05-1-2011, 10:05 PM   #72
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
lmao Stargroup went over there and got banned? I gotta see what happened XD
Well it was moreso because he got generally pissed at the mods because they were mad at him for starting to offend members who didn't agree with his statements. He then offended them, that's when the permaban happened :V
Old 05-1-2011, 10:39 PM   #73
condoct
Pants off dance off
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr_f4n View Post
Well it was moreso because he got generally pissed at the mods because they were mad at him for starting to offend members who didn't agree with his statements. He then offended them, that's when the permaban happened :V
He a rollin' with the trollin'.