Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 01:15 AM   #61
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Not wanting to offend this community...

as long as you have a personality, you'll get noticed, trust

everyone usually tends to ignore the drones, try not to post like one of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
Old 12-27-2010, 01:15 AM   #62
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBBx Takedown View Post
But why does intelligence even have to be a factor of popularity? Why can't people just see how each other act by they represent their self without people tormenting them? Also why do people need to use wording and things like that just to prove something?
A ghetto person can probably be mad intelligent but you will never know because you based them off the way they type.
This is because without intelligence, we would not be able to do anything we could consider in anyway appealing to anyone, anywhere. Without this appeal, no one could like you, and certainly no popularity could be gained from that.

I think you continue to misinterpret the term "intelligence" with a very stereotypical form of the arrogant intellect who could care less about anyone or anything they thought was "below their level". Intelligence is your mental capacity to understand, interpret, and act upon things...which can vastly vary on a series of subjects. Intelligence is a factor that can be registered behind basically any action we choose to take upon ourselves in the world, and conforms to no single entity (which I think you continue to believe it does).

Acting against another person's actions is human nature at times. Seeing something new and different from their cultured beliefs can scare a person or make them feel insecure. Normally when this happens, they reject this new found action. Of coarse this is the logic of primates...but we carry it with us to this very day.

Chances are, someone from the ghetto would not be "mad intelligent" in the areas that we are. Thus he would not be in this niche, most likely he would be using his drug smuggling and car stealing intelligence to high tail away from the police.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:16 AM   #63
xBBx Takedown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to xBBx Takedown

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneW0lf View Post
I retract my last statement.
Grades don't always equal intelligence. It's pretty easy to get an A in a class if you just turn in homework and pay attention in class.and

I'm like omega, I'm just horribly lazy and have a horrible school work ethic.
As for me, if I tried acting intelligent on here people who just laugh because they'd be like hahahaha he's trying to act smart even though he's a dumb ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
I'm a C/B student but Im confident i have a higher IQ Then a lot of people here.

It doesnt mean im not intelligent it just means I dont have a good school work ethic.
So I'm consider an A student?
Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #5-1st Place(D3B)
Best FMO Score-Battle Theme #37(8.0.0.1)
Best AAA-Sword Strike
Best BF-Be Princess and Mute City Remix
Old 12-27-2010, 01:17 AM   #64
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:

Not with that statement you're not.
But lets look at you for a moment.
You said you took offense because you used to be ghetto?
What's your definition of ghetto anyways?
Old 12-27-2010, 01:18 AM   #65
LoneW0lf
ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ Bears ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
As for me, if I tried acting intelligent on here people who just laugh because they'd be like hahahaha he's trying to act smart even though he's a dumb ****.

I'm not saying you have to be critical thinking each time you make a post.
I just think if you use some intelligence, common sense at the least, you should be good.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:19 AM   #66
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

Quote:

Stop being a baby.
You always make excuses, and you always say how everyone attacks you, when you are always just asking for it.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:20 AM   #67
xBBx Takedown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Not with that statement you're not.
Exactly my point. But if I tried to make an intelligent statement people would just laugh and be completely ignorant for no reason. I've been trying my best with intelligent/positive attitude but it seems like no one even respects it so that's why I'm not trying that hard anymore because it's like no acknowledges the fact I'm trying.
Best AAA-Sword Strike
Old 12-27-2010, 01:22 AM   #68
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

Quote:
Exactly my point. But if I tried to make an intelligent statement people would just laugh and be completely ignorant for no reason. I've been trying my best with intelligent/positive attitude but it seems like no one even respects it so that's why I'm not trying that hard anymore because it's like no acknowledges the fact I'm trying.
*points to my last post*
It's called a joke.

Stop being so sensitive to what everyone says.
The reason people attack you is because your logic is different than normal people, therefore people tend to criticize you more.
Just learn to suck it up and roll with the punches.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:23 AM   #69
xBBx Takedown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
*points to my last post*
It's called a joke.

Stop being so sensitive to what everyone says.
A joke is when both people are laughing not just one person. What one person considers funny, can offended the other person. People need to respect other peoples feelings.
My logic is different how? I probably have either the same intelligence as someone else or same point-of-view.
Best AAA-Sword Strike
Old 12-27-2010, 01:25 AM   #70
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

Quote:
A joke is when both people are laughing not just one person. What one person considers funny, can offended the other person. People need to respect other peoples feelings.
When a person is too over sensitive, there is no such thing as a joke.
You take everything personally, so people wont like you because they'll try to crack a joke and you'll go off on how ignorant they are and how disrespectful they are.
This is the internet.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:30 AM   #71
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Your trying to be intelligent....good job...?

You don't wait for people to acknowledge your intelligence in a certain area...you might as well bake some cookies for a class and then smack every kid who doesn't say "thank you so much for these delicious cookies that you made that are awesome and are delicious...did I mention they are awesome?" Presenting to the table something that could be considered intelligent, may not always be acknowledged with a celebration and pats on the back. You dish out because you want to have an effect on a situation usually regarding something or someone ELSE. There will be times where you will be acknowledged and times you might not be...life cannot conform to all of your fantasies you know...

Also:
Old 12-27-2010, 01:30 AM   #72
JenovaSephiroth
pink dragon irl
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
THIS.

And how would one know if it were a joke until it was too late? You are expecting too much out of people.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:31 AM   #73
xBBx Takedown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
You take everything personally, so people wont like you because they'll try to crack a joke and you'll go off on how ignorant they are and how disrespectful they are.
This is the internet.
You know how many people who actually get mad at crap like that besides me? I've been a lot of it happen on here since 2006. And yes 2006 I said, had a different account. But anyway, I'm trying my best to gain respect slowly.

@JS: Thank you.
Best AAA-Sword Strike
Old 12-27-2010, 01:36 AM   #74
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

Quote:
You know how many people who actually get mad at crap like that besides me? I've been a lot of it happen on here since 2006. And yes 2006 I said, had a different account. But anyway, I'm trying my best to gain respect slowly.

@JS: Thank you.
I think they were on my side but ok :/

Uhm....You say how many people there are, yet I see no one here arguing your side except for you.
Im not trying to attack you or anything, Im just trying to make my point that you have to show some sort of competency to be respected anywhere. The only exceptions are when the incompetent are with people like them.

Also, stop being so sensitive and talking about how youre trying to rebuild respect.
You dont talk about how youre trying to do it, you just change how you act and post normally.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:39 AM   #75
xBBx Takedown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I think they were on my side but ok :/

Uhm....You say how many people there are, yet I see no one here arguing your side except for you.
Im not trying to attack you or anything, Im just trying to make my point that you have to show some sort of competency to be respected anywhere. The only exceptions are when the incompetent are with people like them.

Also, stop being so sensitive and talking about how youre trying to rebuild respect.
You dont talk about how youre trying to do it, you just change how you act and post normally.
Why would I have to show respect to people who have no respect for me?
I'm not being sensitive. I'm merely stating a fact. And what I consider normal is what other people consider stupidity.
Best AAA-Sword Strike
Old 12-27-2010, 01:43 AM   #76
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Don't think intelligence is the best term here - we're talking about common sense here, which is relatively independent from actual IQ. It helps to be intelligent, but having the common sense for the social psychology of people and general mannerisms will get you further.

Anyhow, in addition to some of the factors mentioned already, such as attitude, trust, and degree of sensitivity, it's helpful to get a general feeling of the atmosphere on this site.
If you're new to a site, lurking around the forums helps you get the "insider's info" that allows you to become more aware of the events revolving around the site. From this point on, being more-informed may not only answer some common questions that you might've had, but it also provides context in many topics of conversation. This gives you the advantage in that you can participate in more conversations. It's also easier for other people to relate and converse with you.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:46 AM   #77
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson

How about empathy

u all need some empathy god damn

Old 12-27-2010, 01:49 AM   #78
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Don't think intelligence is the best term here - we're talking about common sense here, which is relatively independent from actual IQ. It helps to be intelligent, but having the common sense for the social psychology of people and general mannerisms will get you further.
I said this 2 pages ago
Old 12-27-2010, 02:35 AM   #79
sente3
a brew
FFR Veteran

Wow.

You walk away from a thread like this and you can't possibly keep up. But here's what I have to say.

First off, Stewie7Griffin started this thread with a purpose, of sorts, and I shall do my best to relate some main points that I picked up from reading this thread, to that purpose.

He was saying how, in general, the people of FFR don't tend to acknowledge those of us who are not popular or well known. Well I think we have a few new people who are more well known, thanks to this thread.

I will recognize Stewie7Griffin when I see him in a thread, as I will recall this thread, chances are.

dragonmegaXX, I will definitely remember you because you've made some great points. I consider you a solid contributer and a great arguer/debater.

xBBx Takedown. You. Well I will remember you, that is for sure. Although, frankly, so far, I haven't taken a liking to you (sorry, just being honest). You have some points, but they are all the same, or relate around the same main idea. dragonmegaXX has said more than enough which should give you an idea of what kinds of attitudes and posting habits get you along in a forum such as this one. I do, however, have hope that you will take something from this thread, once you've calmed ya nips and thought about what you were told here (although I have a hunch this is not over).

Also, as we see here, you can get recognized for a lot of things. Good, bad or simply because it got you remembered, for whatever reason. Not to stray from the current battle, but I was somewhat known, something like, 5 years ago. Sadly, it was because I was a stupid 14 year old who thought he could write a book. To anyone who knows what I am talking about, it was quite the thread. It got into the Legendary Threads.....el oh el. But it got some people to know who I was, even though it was because I was a dumb**** (I actually got nominated for Dumbass of the year because of that haha). But that was a while ago and now I bet rarely anyone knows who I am. But, if I am remembered by some, then sweet :P

But now, since I am not really active, I would have to get noticed again. But, to me, it isn't that important. If I get noticed, cool. If not, it's the internet. It wouldn't really bother me. As Aperson said, there is too much caring in this thread. Relax, y'all.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:52 AM   #80
Urh
I AM a Seal of Fate
FFR Veteran

I saw something in here somewhere about dickfencing.

I'm down.
Closed Thread