Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2009, 01:14 PM   #61
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: Wheres the line, promiscuity.

Well, someone viewing their own participation in sex as a reward for their partner (And not vice versa) is exactly what creates so many of the societal hangups we have about sex.

If it was viewed intrinsically as a meeting of equals, the whole question of this thread becomes moot. You can only be a "slut" if you are "wasting" the "reward" that you have to offer by giving it "too freely" as compared to some arbitrary standard of just how much sex is "too much" sex.

Since the type of person to call someone else a slut tends to be relatively sexually conservative, they tend to set that bar pretty low.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #62
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Quote:
Originally Posted by passivegirl View Post
Honestly, these are exactly the type of things that do not matter in a passionate, long-lasting relationship, as I'd assume they'd be over the shallowness and distorted reality of perfection in one another and, thus, perfection in each other's first performances.
So wait.

You're saving yourself for this amazing first time.

But you know your first time is going to be bad.

It's not a matter of "perfect", we're talking here, it's a matter of "passable". If you can't even make each other feel good the first time, what the hell is the point in putting such a huge importance on it?

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

Last edited by Tokzic; 04-21-2009 at 01:36 PM..
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #63
passivegirl
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
So wait.

You're saving yourself for this amazing first time.

But you know your first time is going to be bad.

It's not a matter of "perfect", we're talking here, it's a matter of "passable". If you can't even make each other feel good the first time, what the hell is the point in putting such a huge importance on it?

I've been trying to express that I don't put such a stark emphasis on first times. I think that with most people concerned about having a good 'first time', what they really mean is it being something meaningful and with someone who you could continue to have more, progressively better 'times' with them. But I'm positive it won't be bad assuming I know, trust, am comfortable with, and love the person.

What's weird to me -- and correct me if I'm wrong -- is that you almost sound like you treat sex with others as a means of... practice? o.o; ...which is an odd way of viewing sex that I would never want to partake in.
And this 'practice' is all in the name of what...? Are *you* saving up for something? Is it just that, when you do find someone you truly care about, you don't want to scare them away by being 'bad'? I'm being sincere here; I don't really understand your reasoning. Is there some deeper reasoning to promiscuity than temporary gratification in both participants?

passivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #64
Tokzic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by passivegirl View Post
What's weird to me -- and correct me if I'm wrong -- is that you almost sound like you treat sex with others as a means of... practice? o.o; ...which is an odd way of viewing sex that I would never want to partake in.
And this 'practice' is all in the name of what...? Are *you* saving up for something? Is it just that, when you do find someone you truly care about, you don't want to scare them away by being 'bad'? I'm being sincere here; I don't really understand your reasoning. Is there some deeper reasoning to promiscuity than temporary gratification in both participants?
My reasoning goes something like this:

- Sex is fun, and harmless when done the right way.
- Thus, I am going to have sex when it strikes me.

I don't foresee any long-term relationships in my future (not to say they aren't possible, but my guess is they aren't going to happen), and I am definitely not thinking to myself, "I should get as good at sex as possible so I can please my one true love someday!"

Long story short: No, there's no deeper reasoning.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:30 PM   #65
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
By reserving a large emotional importance on your first time, when it actually happens in the way you want it to it's going to feel extremely good, whether or not the sex is physically pleasing.

If you regard sex in a purely physical manner, and the physical part isn't good (as it's not likely to be between virgins), then you have nothing but disappointment.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #66
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Except that the point is that if you acknowledge that the first time is going to be bad, and then it is, you don't have disappointment because you knew it would be going in.

See...there's also a difference between "attaching emotion to sex" and "attacking emotional importance to your first time"

If you attach a huge emotional importance to your first time, and your first time is bad, you say "But because the emotion you wanted is there, it will still feel -extremely- good" which I wholeheartedly disagree with.

If you posit that the first time will be mechanically and physically -bad- due to the inexperience etc, claiming that being very heavily emotionally invested in your "first time" as an incredibly deep and meaningful experience seems to me like it would have the opposite effect.

It would be -worse- for you because you put the act up on such a high pedestal, and then had a -bad- first time.

Having something be built up in your mind and then be underwhelming at all tends to make you feel worse than if you had no such high expectations ahead of time.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #67
OrganisM
FFR Player

intellectual discussions are for ******s

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
"If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
because the venom gets into the blood stream which
spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:
"Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
"My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."
OrganisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #68
Necros140606
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Necros140606 Send a message via MSN to Necros140606

so many good posts, i wonder how much time it will pass before i can be as fluent as you guys. grandiagod's post pretty much nailed it.

in addition, i do agree that having some boundary with the person you're having sex with is significantly better than someone who randomly pops up for a night, but it still depends on how many psichological constructs through years have imposed on our conception of sexuality. unrealistic expectations are a no-no, but being in a relationship in which the sexuality is lived in a simple, free and open way and there is trust between the partners is the most satisfying thing.

long story short: my first time was kind of weird. i had never used condoms before, and couldn't feel anything. like it is expected, she experienced some pain and lost some blood, but since none of us had such extremely high expectations, none of us has been let down, and we took that as an experience.

referring to passivegirl: although it's not realistic to say that a pain can be sweet (it's more like a literary connotation), it IS a fact that someone who has feelings for you will try to be more considerate and soft than someone who just goes for one time and doesn't give a **** about how you feel. to go from this to say that one must be the only one for life though, it's completely irrational and childish (not that you said it, but some people do). so, i guess you're half right. but the best memories will still remain either the ones with the persons you are emotionally involved the most, or the ones with the persons you had the most intense or memorable sex.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #69
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I don't understand why everyone is saying that it isn't going to feel good the first time. Whether its emotionally or physically or whatever. Out of personal experience It felt great the first time, and it lasted maybe 15 minutes or something. Not sure if that's pathetic for a first time, but I really don't care. She was certainly satisfied a few times over. It felt great that time and it still feels good after a countless number of times. Not sure what you people are doing wrong.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #70
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Anecdotal evidence != general standard
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:57 PM   #71
Tokzic
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter View Post
By reserving a large emotional importance on your first time, when it actually happens in the way you want it to it's going to feel extremely good, whether or not the sex is physically pleasing.
By this logic, the best way to get enjoyment out of life is to create fake emotional connections to anything you can predict the outcome of, so that when it happens in the way you want it to, you receive fuzzy emotional feel-good fluff.

Making a connection that doesn't exist is not the way I want to get enjoyment out of my life. It's kind of pathetic to me, really.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:46 PM   #72
passivegirl
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
By this logic, the best way to get enjoyment out of life is to create fake emotional connections to anything you can predict the outcome of, so that when it happens in the way you want it to, you receive fuzzy emotional feel-good fluff.

Making a connection that doesn't exist is not the way I want to get enjoyment out of my life. It's kind of pathetic to me, really.
I'm a bit lost... Can you please specify these emotional connections and then explain how they're fake?

There's no point in me responding unless I feel I have a full understanding of what you are saying here.

passivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:46 AM   #73
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

uhm the following is EXTREMELY offtopic and may be a bit innapropriate (if you think so just tell me and ill remove it) but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic
Plus, the dude's too clueless to finish the girl off because he's never fingered someone or eaten them out.
is eating a girl out seriously that difficult to do first time? it doesnt look like theres anything that difficult about it...
Old 04-22-2009, 03:45 AM   #74
Dr Tran
Banned

its like eating ice cream bolth
Dr Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #75
Flaming_Dingleberry
Everybody gets one.
FFR Veteran

Everyone's harder on themselves. To find out whether you really believe you're a whore is to judge yourself as if you were another person, and if you approve of that person (you... technically) as a human being, there's your answer.

Now, regarding everything else discussed as a result of the initial topic, some people aren't too bad the first time. Some people are naturals (i.e. me and Izzy [the Official Gamewhores apparently]) ;D

Last edited by Flaming_Dingleberry; 04-22-2009 at 12:18 PM..
Flaming_Dingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #76
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
is eating a girl out seriously that difficult to do first time? it doesnt look like theres anything that difficult about it...
It's easy, be sure to use a lot of teeth and chew.
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:14 PM   #77
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

lmao shut up squeek you're a ****in virgin

p.s. the line is imaginary. its all in your MIND
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

Last edited by GuidoHunter; 04-23-2009 at 01:24 PM..
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:18 PM   #78
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhto View Post
lmao shut up squeek you're a ****in virgin
Hey bro woah.

Quote:
p.s. the line is imaginary. its all in your MIND
my mind just got blown bro

You're the party KING

Last edited by GuidoHunter; 04-23-2009 at 01:24 PM..
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote