Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-8-2006, 12:40 AM   #61
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: Fate/Stay Night

I don't believe any amount of sorcery or spell can outdo that flash sword fighting between Saber and Assassin.
Old 05-8-2006, 01:14 AM   #62
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit

Of course not.

But I doubt Caster is going to live much longer. And aside from her, all we will have will be melee fighters, which could result in similarly epic confrontations.

I hear that Gil is pretty badass too, so maybe I will get my wish. It won't quite make up for the Sakura shafting this series has done, but it will be a start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seinno
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?

Last edited by Kefit; 05-8-2006 at 01:16 AM..
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 04:47 PM   #63
Kefit
FFR Player

lmao Caster got so ****ed over. She was about to win, and then "Hi I'm the GOLDEN KING gonna drop a million swords on you now I could have done this at the start of the last episode but that wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining ps Saber is hot 8)"

And ugh, they used my most hated form of fight resolution to resolve Saber vs Assassin. Oh well, the rest of the fight easily makes up for it. It was also pretty cool seeing Shirou fly around with those blades of his. I have to wonder where he learned how to fight with those things.

Anyway, some interesting mysteries are raised in this episode, but at this point I am finding it hard to care - this series is far too straightfoward, completely finishing up with one group of antagonists before even considering bringing another into the picture. It would also be nice if the writers didn't feel like being so ****ing vague about every flashback sequence. The vast majority of them have been nearly impossible to pull any real conclusions out of, and I can only assume that anyone who has not played the game is experiencing the same difficulties as me.

Next episode looks like happy happy harem time though, and that is something that this show has always done well. I'll be looking forward to that, along with any awesometastic action that awaits me.

ps Lancer: "Dammit I have even less screentime than Sakura now :<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<"

Quote:
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?

Last edited by Kefit; 05-13-2006 at 04:52 PM..
Old 05-14-2006, 03:53 PM   #64
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~

This last antagonist series lacks Kuzuki development. That makes me angry.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:04 PM   #65
Kefit
FFR Player

Kuzuki isn't exactly the most complex character - it's pretty clear that he fell in love with Caster at first sight, and has thus been willing to serve her in whatever way he can. His death scene, where he waits until Caster disappears before toppling over, makes this pretty clear. There really isn't much more to his character.

Most of the antagonist development in this series is rather lacking though, so your frustration is understandable. Hell, this series hasn't taken time to properly develop anyone aside from Shirou and Saber since episode 8 >_>

Quote:
Old 05-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #66
Kefit
FFR Player

Random thoughts on episode 20:

- This show needs to go into happy happy harem mode more often. The characters are hilarious when they are in such an environment.

- Rin needs to laugh her ass off at Shirou more.

- I think I find Saber's character less interesting than every other character on the show. This includes the males, which really isn't supposed to happen in a renai game >_>

- So far my prediction that Sakura will get less than five lines between the end of episode 18 and the end of the series seem to be holding up well.

- Next episode looks like it is going to ROCK, which should make up for the general inactivity in this episode.

Quote:
Old 05-21-2006, 09:25 PM   #67
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I only see 22 episode titles right now. Is this series really going to end at episode 22?
Rebirth0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:56 PM   #68
Kefit
FFR Player

No, it will end at 24. It's just that episode titles have only been released for up to episode 22.

Quote:
Old 05-22-2006, 01:55 AM   #69
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~

I forgot to get this this weekend. Do I have anything to look forward to?
Old 05-22-2006, 02:10 AM   #70
Kefit
FFR Player

For episode 20? Not really.

However, judging by the preview, episode 21 is going to kick all sorts of ass.

Quote:
Old 05-22-2006, 04:18 PM   #71
esupin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to esupin

Lol. I'm watching the 1st episode now. Wow am I slow on the uptake.

EDIT- now through 2 1/2 episodes. I don't really watch anime, but I was bored and on youtube- the only things I've watched are the Cowboy Bebop Movie, Princess Mononoke and The Place Promised in out Early Years(I think that's the name).

I've read everyone's comments, and I have to agree. Except for the action, but that's probably because I'm not even on episode 3 yet.

http://www.youtube.com/esupin

Last edited by esupin; 05-22-2006 at 06:39 PM..
esupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:38 AM   #72
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit
- Rin needs to laugh her ass off at Shirou more.
So true. So very, very true. The way this episode ended made me wish that this series wasn't done in the long segment by segment, episode by episode format that most do. Not only do I hate cliffhangers, but I think it makes the shows seem so very isolated in their plotline.

EDIT: And Esupin, check out Grave of the Fireflies. Though a bit older, it ranks as one of my favorite movies of all time.

Last edited by sleeplessdragn; 05-23-2006 at 02:40 AM..
sleeplessdragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 03:26 PM   #73
Kefit
FFR Player

*snooze*

This episode should have been epic. It wasn't. This calls for more bulleted thoughts from me!

- Fights with Gil are inherently boring, since all he ever does is spam Noble Phantasms. The delicious melee battles we got between the other servants are no where to be seen here.

- Shirou seems to be utterly impossible to knock out, let alone kill.

- Where the hell was Rin? She is still living at Shirou's house, and really should have been quite concerned with this battle against Gil, not to mention Shirou's grevious injuries. I can understand Ilya and Sakura not appearing, but having Rin be absent the entire episode is just kind of weird.

- Holy **** Lancer. Too bad Kotomine reeked EVIL since his very first appearance. I do wonder what exactly is under the church though - that entire scene with the crying girls in the background was rather creepy.

- Shirou ought to just trace a legendary M16 or something.

Quote:
Old 05-27-2006, 07:10 PM   #74
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

I was wondering when Lancer would show up. Lancer is Kotomine's servant, I did not see that coming at all.

Battles with Gilgamesh are completely boring. I want to see something like the battle between Saber and Assassin again, but it probably won't happen.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:55 PM   #75
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~

"and you've entered me so many times."

I couldn't stop laughing.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:07 PM   #76
Cj_leonine
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Fine people I'll watch it.

Best FC Before Avmiss Fix: . Be Princess . Hellbeat . End Night
Cj_leonine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:52 AM   #77
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

Shirou tries so hard to win Saber's love and she thinks he's trying to rape her. I find that funny.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:11 AM   #78
Kefit
FFR Player

What? No, not at all.

Saber is head over heels in love with Shirou. However, her Kingly oath dictates that she go back and redo her life as a king, to avoid causing the same tragic end both to herself and to her kingdom. Thus, she doesn't want to get attached to anyone in the present that might make her regret her inevitable decision to go back.

Quote:
Old 05-28-2006, 08:54 AM   #79
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Even I caught onto this and I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to discovering hidden motives behind character's actions.

This show is really straightforward. That's maybe why I like it.

PS Saber looks much cooler with her hair down.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:02 AM   #80
esupin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to esupin

So I'm all caught up now. I don't see the big deal with some of the fights. The servants move around nicely, but other times you can't see what they're doing. It's just a flash and a few grunts, and someone is suddenly bleeding. Oh, well. It's so predictable, but not in bad way, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/esupin
esupin is offline   Reply With Quote