Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2006, 08:57 PM   #761
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Wii is Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
I can refer to the past using inferred meanings! Yay!
Oh.. right. Yeah, I get it. Sorry. It wasn't that I don't get what you did. I just totally misread something. I was also in the state of mind that I was missing a lot; my friend read part of an FAQ that said I should've had the third sword skill by now. At least I started moving along in the third temple, and I'm almost done with it now. I've played for about 22 hours, though. I'm awful at this XD

EDIT: Afro, I haven't played Downhill Jam, but I heard the reviews averaged to around an 8/10. I've been wondering about it, myself. I'm thinking about buying it, but I want to get Super Monkey Ball, first.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:49 PM   #762
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Ok so.

The 7th Temple is the most aggravating at first, but once you get its item, it's like whoamg awesome. I had oodles of fun messing with it. The puzzles they've come up with as a result are insane though.

17/20 heart containers now. I believe one is from another temple and the last 2 are from 10 heart pieces, but I could have that reversed. I've gotten A LOT of heart pieces.

Edit: 8th temple = haet

Edit 2: Just in case nobody else notices, Twilight Princess has moved into the #2 spot of the greatest game ever made on GameRankings. #1 is Ocarina of Time.

It's been out for just over a week and it's already the second best game ever made. That's quite amazing. And already close to 500,000 people own a copy of this game. That's just about 100,000 fewer than the number of Wiis sold so far.

Last edited by Squeek; 11-28-2006 at 12:00 AM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:16 AM   #763
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Could you guys make a Zelda thread please. It's quite hard to look past some things. I know you haven't typed down anything critical to the story or anything but you are giving away temples and weaponry. I'd appreciate it if you did this in a Zelda thread.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:06 PM   #764
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I was thinking of making a Zelda thread. Maybe I should...

In other news: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0RrZePmc68
Old 11-28-2006, 12:09 PM   #765
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Maybe I should make a video of my Jesus beating down Jebus.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:11 PM   #766
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
I was thinking of making a Zelda thread. Maybe I should...

In other news: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0RrZePmc68
Lmao. The Wii is getting loads of coverage here as well. The ads have started coming think and fast for Zelda, Red Steel and Wii sports. Every now and then Rayman is on. The Wii has been on countless talk shows and that. Everyone has been loving it. They're mainly playing Wii Sports like but they can't get enough. I can't wait for mine.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:21 PM   #767
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Try this one as well.

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=23836
Old 11-28-2006, 01:44 PM   #768
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Wii Tips & Tricks (much taken from the thread over at IGN, though I put them all together like this)

Be Your Own Doubles Partner or Opponent
In Wii tennis, use two wiimotes against a friend who does the same. One in each hand for your team, or you can play against yourself.

Burn-Screen Reduction
If you have this option on, it kicks in when the Wii sleeps.

Channel and Message Organizing
Click on a channel or a message with A+B to grab it, allowing you to move it around. I believe this only works after an update.

Console Email
The messages you send and receive are from the consoles email, which is w[console#]@wii.com. You can add an email address to the address book, including your own. When you or a friend receive the email, it will show the console email address as stated.

Extra Parts
There are two parts to the Wii in your box that you may either not find, or never know what they are. The first is a Clear Disc piece. This piece fits under your Wii stand to Stabalize it's balance. The second is a Small(1" - 1.5") plastic Piece. This piece is the stand for the Sensor bar. It puts some disntance between your TV and the bar. In theory, that should give you a better angle reception.

"Favorite Color"
The "Favorite Color" of your Mii is the color of your baseball team.

Free Nintendo Power
Register 3 Nintendo products on Nintendo.com, and get 3 months of Nintendo Power free.

Get Miis in Your Parade
Setting your Miis to Mingle, and having your friends do the same thing will soon have Miis walking around in your parade. Your friends' Miis will wonder over to your console and parade around, so long as they are set to Mingle. You can then grab them and send them to your Plaza so you have a copy.

"Other Games"
Under the Today message, sometimes a game will show up as "Other Games". To avoid this, make sure you exit to the Wii Menu before powering off the console.

Receiving Messages
When you receive a new message, the console drive lights up and pulsates blue (can change this to bright, dim, or off). The Wiimote speaker also gives a little chirp.

Register and Extend Warranty
Register your Console on Nintendo.com, get a free 90 day extension to your warranty.

Sending Messages
You can type faster by clicking the little eject button in the top right corner of the on-screen keyboard (above the backspace key). It will then show words that come close to yours and once it pops up you can just click on it instead of typing the whole word.

Sending/Receiving Attachments
If you don't have an SD card and still want to check out Photo Channel, you can e-mail a jpg to your Wii Message Board. You can also send them to your friends. Formats:
size:upto 8192x8192
video files:quicktime(motion jpeg or .mov files)
size:up to 848x480
audio files:mp3

Sensor Bar Accuracy
It's more accurate when placed below the tv, on its stand (also make sure to set the Wii console to have sensor bar position as below the tv). Also, placing the sensor bar upside down doesn't reverse anything. So if you want to use it to stick under something right above the tv, it still works well and will hide that eyesore.

Slideshow Music
If you put mp3s in your SD card or send them through email, you can change the background music during a slideshow to one of your mp3s. If you press the + and - buttons while your watching a slide show you can adjust the volume the music plays at.

Waking up the System
You can wake up the system by either hitting a button on the Wiimote, or inserting a game. However, ejecting a game will not wake up the system.

Wiimote Activation
After syncing, to get the Wiimote to work again with the console, just hit any button on the Wiimote and it'll turn on. Order matters in terms of who is which player (1st, 2nd, 3rd).

Wiimote Battery Life
When you hit a button on the Wii controller while it's not communicating with the console, the number of lights flashing in unison is an indication of remaining battery power. With new batteries, all 4 will flash in unison. As they drain down, the lights will start to fade from right to left. It also shows the battery life in the Home menu under the Wiimote section.

Wiimote Player Reordering
If you want to turn off controllers or switch which number your controller is set at, just press the home button and click the controller on the left. This will bring up the option to reconnect the controllers. After selecting this option press 1 and 2 buttons simultaneously on the controllers in the order that you want each remote to be, and leave off the ones that you aren't using

Wiimote Speaker
To adjust the speaker volume, or to turn it off, hit the Home button, then click on the Wiimote in the bottom left-hand corner. You can then adjust the volume in there. If it's off, don't worry about missing the sounds as they come out of your tv/speakers anyways.

Wiimote's Wireless
You don't have to be in the same room for the Wiimote to work (excluding the pointer part). The only problems are that you may not see the screen. Example if you hear your Wiimote indicate that it's your turn to bowl, yet you're off getting some food or going to the bathroom. Well, you can take your turn from there.

Last edited by banditcom; 11-28-2006 at 01:52 PM..
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:02 PM   #769
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I love the distance thing. The bluetooth works from an incredible distance.

I did hear the chime indicating it was my turn to bowl while I was upstairs in the kitchen. Clicked right four spaces and bowled a strike with my head in the fridge looking for something to drink.

We only had three mysteries when we first played the thing and they were all solved shortly. One was that clear plastic disc, one was the wiimote volume, and the last was exiting out of minigames on Super Monkey Ball.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:12 PM   #770
jamuko
FFR Player

Oh man, thanks for mentioning the email and Wiimote speaker things. Both things that I have been wondering about but didn't ask yet since I haven't read the manual yet. XD

Playing the Wii at like 3 in the morning when everything is dead silent... that Wiimote speaker is LOUD.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the Power button on the wiimote actually controls power on the Wii. XD Someone pressed it while I was playing one time, with the intention of only turning off his remote. :/
I shoot eye beams at the things I hate and make them explode! (Yay!)
So Happy! Smile! Hello! It's a picnic every day
There's lots of happiness in my pocket
So let's play forever~
jamuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:56 PM   #771
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

That's one thing they didn't mention. You can hard-sync and soft-sync remotes. Hard-synced remotes can turn off the console from the power button and I believe they're the only ones able to use the Home button. Soft-syncs cannot. Soft-syncing is adding remotes from the "Home" menu.

PS - Just got Pro status in bowling. And my Wii Fitness age has been in the twenties for a solid week.

And just now I got a Gold on the second of three Bowling trainings. 20/20 in the gate challenge and 612 pins in the Power Throw. <3 bowling.

PPS - Just got Pro in Tennis. That didn't take long, even with the loss my mom got when she played on my character for the first time.

PPPS - Wow, Red Steel is the 2nd most popular Wii game right now. That's impressive. I found out because Ubisoft is planning a sequel already and the numbers were there with it.

Edit: Something else I should mention because it's been a problem for some people.

There are two glitches in Zelda that make gameplay a little frustrating for a minute or two. This is potentially spoilerific, but at the same time, without knowing it could be somewhat of a nuisance. Both of them involving saving your game and quitting at the wrong time.

1) When you're headed to your first foray into the Lanayru province, do not save until you enter that province. If... *something* bad happens along the way and *something* happens to make going back the way you came a little difficult, that's the point where you must continue on without saving & exiting. You have to go about thirty seconds more into the game, so it's not a big deal. If you do have this problem, the solution is to go the long way (or so I've read).

2) When you're headed for the last piece of *something* and you need to talk to some guy about some thing under some guy's house (seriously avoiding spoilers is hard here) in order to get to that place, do not save & exit. The guy you talk to will have his character model turn invisible. He'll still be there and you can still continue on with the game. Just a matter of finding out where he is to talk to him.

Last edited by Squeek; 11-28-2006 at 11:59 PM..
Old 11-29-2006, 07:10 PM   #772
kilroysd
FFR Player

im considering buying a wii. they look so fun and the reviews are pretty good. not to mention the price is so tempting.
right now i have $400, so thats $150 left after the console, what games should i get?
kilroysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:21 PM   #773
dead_juggalo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to dead_juggalo

Twighlight Princess, and Red Steele are byfar the greatest games on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
My father-in-law called me yesterday to tell me he lost the internet. If you find it, please PM me.

Cheers,

Synthlight
dead_juggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:24 PM   #774
kilroysd
FFR Player

red steel!!?? really?!? the reviews were horrible for it, BUT i heard the guy who reviewed it was a PS3-fanboy so maybe he was just bashing it because it is wii.

does anyone else like red steele?
kilroysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:58 PM   #775
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/red-ste...ons-217969.php

Read the comments too. They inspired me to start playing again, where I noticed that on my new sensor bar setup and configuration, it's a lot easier to control.

Personally, I think this game is pretty sweet if you like Time Crisis-esque arcade shooters. You do the moving around on your own, but in the end you're moving into a big room with guys ducking behind things and moving to get a better vantage point on your location while you do the same exact thing.

I think it's solid for a launch title. Apparently a lot of other people do as well because it's the 2nd most popular game on the Wii.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:43 PM   #776
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

What do you get when you combine a Panasonic DMC-LZ3, a Sony (lol) microcassette-corder, a two-way analog headphone cable, TMPGEnc, VDubMod, Audacity, and some mad tech skills? This.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion opening movie and "Life or Death" operation. Please pardon the crappy standard 480i TV and sub-par sound quality; I did the best I could with what I have.

Let me know if you want to see anything else; I can do videos of the first three worlds of Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz and any operation from Trauma Center: Second Opinion that you saw in the video. I plan on trying the browser hack in the near future, too =)

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:11 PM   #777
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

OH MAN.

THAT WAS INSANE.

Man, Twilight Princess was already on my top 5 games of all time list. Then they had to make a boss battle like that and make me want to put it at #1.

I wanna do it again. Maybe I shouldn't save? I wish I saved right before the fight =/
Old 11-29-2006, 10:25 PM   #778
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Ugh so busy haven't gotten far enough yet.

Side note: That video hasn't entirely convinced me to buy the game yet. I may rent it, I don't know.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:26 PM   #779
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

So I'm gonna stop Zelda here because I'm not going to want to stop playing if I don't. I just got my last Heart Piece. I'm about to search for the last pair of bugs. All I have left to do is trigger the final cutscene and the game is over... I think.

The story has been amazing all throughout. Truly an epic game. Hardly banking on the 70-hour gameplay they said it would take as I'm not even at half of that so far. Maybe there really is a 20-hour dungeon ahead of me. I don't know. I do know there won't be another boss that isn't the last one because I've already gotten 20/20 heart containers...

I'm still working on Monkey Ball which I think will be one of the most replayed games on my console on single player. You can beat a stage, sure. But doing it without a continue is worth a little crown above the stage number and my life won't be complete without all of those crowns.

I'm also trying to get Gold on all the trainings in Wii Sports and Pro status in every sport. I'm Pro in bowling and tennis, above 500 in boxing and baseball, and maybe 250 in golf.

And then I have to beat Red Steel and it tells me I'm only 15% done so far. Yeesh.

So yeah, I have a lot to do before I consider starting Trauma Center if I get that for christmas.

Last edited by Squeek; 11-29-2006 at 11:28 PM..
Old 11-29-2006, 11:33 PM   #780
emptiness
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to emptiness

Got Wii-Elbow yet?