Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-4-2009, 04:03 AM   #741
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr
Default Re: TWC Rules, Policies, Etc.

Hey, me too.

But wait... Are we proposing a reformation of the TWC, or are we trying to find a way to improve activity in TWG? Because everyone always tries to go to the root of the problem. That right there makes us lose focus. Screw the root. Focus on what the problem itself is. We have low activity. Everyone's saying "oh we don't need new people rzr," well, you're saying you want the old members back. So, how did people keep the game going back in the day? I mean, you don't see Tass and Guido still playing, do you? Naw... Let's get our recent members back like Kekeb and Kirth. And get some vets back. Like the old days. But, new people are good too. Open up to something new. :]

And before someone comes and says "oh we're not saying new people suck" or "we're not saying we don't want new people," don't waste your time, because I'm not accusing you of that. I'm just putting a good idea out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2009, 07:57 AM   #742
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GamerShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr View Post
Hey, me too.

But wait... Are we proposing a reformation of the TWC, or are we trying to find a way to improve activity in TWG? Because everyone always tries to go to the root of the problem. That right there makes us lose focus. Screw the root. Focus on what the problem itself is. We have low activity. Everyone's saying "oh we don't need new people rzr," well, you're saying you want the old members back. So, how did people keep the game going back in the day? I mean, you don't see Tass and Guido still playing, do you? Naw... Let's get our recent members back like Kekeb and Kirth. And get some vets back. Like the old days. But, new people are good too. Open up to something new. :]

And before someone comes and says "oh we're not saying new people suck" or "we're not saying we don't want new people," don't waste your time, because I'm not accusing you of that. I'm just putting a good idea out there.
I think that's the wrong way to go about it, rzr. You're telling us that we should be treating the symptoms rather than the disease itself, and I don't agree with that. Solving the inactivity problem does require us to pull a few vets back in, but I believe that we should spend most of our efforts on collecting new players. If we have all older members, the game will stagnate and eventually kill itself. New members provide fresh ideas and perspectives, and maybe can see things the vets wouldn't have seen.

I myself am an example of what can happen when you recruit new members. Manti suggested that I join TWG about a year ago (not too sure of exactly when), and now I'm here, five or six games later. Although the chances are relatively low, new members that dedicate themselves to the game can bring new life into the community. Bringing all vets back is like taking retired senior citizens and telling them to run the country's political positions. Although they may have experience and knowledge, they don't have the energy or the will to do what is needed.

Also, I feel that a TWC reform is in order, especially if the FFya members aren't going to come back. They can run their TWG the way they want to; and we should run the public TWG the way we like it to be run. And you know the FFya members don't care all that much on how the rest of the community does; look at TGB. When the panel was around, I was GBanned within a few days, and now I can wreak havoc on whatever thread I want. (Not saying I will, but I have in the past.)

With the TWC reformed, it will prove to be much less difficult to bring needed changes to the TWG community. With a full panel of active members, we can pay attention to the other problems that must be addressed, aka inactivity.
Old 01-4-2009, 09:43 AM   #743
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

You just want to be on the Council, bro. It's painfully obvious, lol. And you can't contradict me when we're making the same point, lol.

Quote:
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

Old 01-4-2009, 11:27 AM   #744
pntballa18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to pntballa18 Send a message via Skype™ to pntballa18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerShadow View Post
Also, I feel that a TWC reform is in order, especially if the FFya members aren't going to come back. They can run their TWG the way they want to; and we should run the public TWG the way we like it to be run.

you're making it seem like twc is full of ffya

Last edited by pntballa18; 01-4-2009 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: the the werewolf council
pntballa18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2009, 11:39 AM   #745
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yes, rzr, you're right. I want to be on TWC. I don't want to see TWG go down the drain; I enjoy playing and hosting a lot, and it gives me something to do. So why not try to help out? In the position I'm in now, the most I can do is make suggestions, hoping that they don't fall on deaf ears. It doesn't get much done, especially when half the current TWC, including the only active local mod, is essentially out of commission.

If something's broken, it should be fixed. Even if I never get put on TWC, adding experienced, active members would benefit everybody, so long as they're willing to do the work and stay active. A reform is necessary, and whether or not I'm a part of won't change how I feel about the situation.

Also, sorry about the contradiction, haha. Yeah, we're essentially vouching for the same point. It's safe to say that we need more players, and we should recruit both veterans and newbies alike. The question now is, "How do we go about doing this?"

I want to see what other people think on the situation before I discuss this too much. A general representation of those that actually care would serve us better than if you and I just talk for three pages, rzr.

Edit for pnt: I looked at the member list again; thought thunder was in FFya and thought Lito was in TWC. So yeah, I guess I blew the FFya thing out of proportion. Sorry bout that. However, it doesn't fix the problem.

Last edited by GamerShadow; 01-4-2009 at 11:43 AM..
GamerShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2009, 11:52 AM   #746
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Screw the root. Focus on what the problem itself is.
Good thing you stopped coming into CT
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2009, 12:02 PM   #747
rzr
TWG Veteran

Good thing you stopped coming into TWG.

Anywho, I'm in a good mood, Gamer. You seem hostile, and I don't wanna be arguing with you. We have the same goal, man. Keep the game going. I've sure as hell worked on getting people. I pretty much got like 45-50% of the people who've played recently TO play, lol. And I keep reformatting my Guide to help make it easier to read and better to use. Which reminds me, I need to redo that...

But anyway, maybe a small reformation of the TWC could be good. Nothing major. I mean, I want to be on it just as much as you do, but I'm taking things into a more literal perspective and not bothering to try. Bro, if it goes the same way the elections did before, you've pretty much deff got my vote.

Really, what I think is we need to bounce a few members and pop in some new ones. But, I don't really like to say my thoughts like that because someone's bound to jump on my ass.

Anywho, I'll definitely put my best foot forward in getting new people again. I got two for the current game. I had 3, but Sully filled the spot too quick. Someone else can get the vets since I never see them around anymore.

The main point I want to get across is I want to be cool with you because you seem mad at me.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-4-2009, 12:06 PM   #748
aTzUeLo1191
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aTzUeLo1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Good thing you stopped coming into CT
OWNED

P.S someone should ask a mod/admin to make a forumwide announcement saying "hey go play TWG all the cool kids are doing it" or something along those lines. That would get the people's attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitznpv View Post
brb suicide
JOIN TWG NAO!!!

Last edited by aTzUeLo1191; 01-4-2009 at 12:19 PM..
aTzUeLo1191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2009, 12:25 PM   #749
rzr
TWG Veteran

I was thinking about making a thread about in CC. Anyone behind that? It'll get more publicity that way.

Anyway, that wasn't owned. That was Devonin upping his post count. I didn't care to defend myself, if you want me to I will. Devonin knows I love him, anyway.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-4-2009, 12:28 PM   #750
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aTzUeLo1191 View Post
OWNED

P.S someone should ask a mod/admin to make a forumwide announcement saying "hey go play TWG all the cool kids are doing it" or something along those lines. That would get the people's attention.
Definitely a great place to start. A front page article would get us at least a few curious people. We could ask Tass, or a different admin if he isn't the best choice if we can do something like that.

Also, rzr, I'm not mad. I'm just a bit passionate about getting this done. Which is exactly how I shouldn't be feeling. No emotions on the internet and such.

There were elections before?
Old 01-4-2009, 12:37 PM   #751
pntballa18
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerShadow View Post
There were elections before?
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=81304
Old 01-4-2009, 12:43 PM   #752
rzr
TWG Veteran

I voted BDN :]

And I hear you. I'll talk to Tass. I think we all should. There's a sticky in CT.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-4-2009, 12:59 PM   #753
pntballa18
FFR Player

you guys are making suggestions that have nothing to do with twc. smaller games, recruiting newbies, getting vets back, etc. i dont see how getting twg to be more active is linked with replacing a twc which is functioning perfectly welltagged to give credit to trav
Old 01-4-2009, 01:09 PM   #754
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
Anyway, that wasn't owned. That was Devonin upping his post count. I didn't care to defend myself, if you want me to I will. Devonin knows I love him, anyway.
That was me pointing out that the logic of your proposed solution was faulty and poor without taking any more time or effort than I needed to, in order to get the point across.

If you prefer me to be more long-winded about how this is always what you propose as the solution to every problem, and how every time you've made a new initiative to "get more people" playing, the existing problems haven't gone away or even gotten all that much better, I can do that if you'd rather.

Dealing with the root of the problem is the ONLY WAY to fix problems. Throwing more people who've never played into a game that ends with inactivity and needless drama just exposes more people to the inactivity and the needless drama. It won't fix any of the fundamental issues with the way TWG has developed on this forum, or the way TWC handles (or mishandles) the issues that come up.

You can slap bandaid after bandaid on the wound and cover up the bleeding, but nobody ever got healthy that way.

Calling me a postwhore, jesus christ rzr.
Old 01-4-2009, 01:16 PM   #755
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

Thread needs A LOT more Devonin.
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2009, 02:15 PM   #756
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

board needs more litodude modding this

did i say litodude i meant manti :C

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2009, 02:20 PM   #757
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntballa18 View Post
replacing a twc which is functioning perfectly well
Working perfectly well? I've seen so many games pass by from the start of this new TWC with many players breaking the rules and this Council not enforce or push to enforce. Copped up excuses from those that are accused let them evade any sort of punishment anyway, making your TWC not properly functional.

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2009, 02:24 PM   #758
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

It would be a lot easier for you to have a properly effective and pointful TWC if you had someone on TWC who was also a forum mod. Unfortunately, Sprite- and I are really the only "really active" forum mods, and neither of us play TWG in here, so we'd not really be very good choices.

At least that way you could do what TGB Panel does and be able to follow up your soft bans with hard bans if the people don't go along with them.
Old 01-4-2009, 02:24 PM   #759
pntballa18
FFR Player

examples? all the rulebreakers that have been brought to my attention have been dealt with
Old 01-4-2009, 02:28 PM   #760
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntballa18 View Post
you guys are making suggestions that have nothing to do with twc. smaller games, recruiting newbies, getting vets back, etc. i dont see how getting twg to be more active is linked with replacing a twc which is functioning perfectly welltagged to give credit to trav
A properly functioning TWC can approve suggestions made by members or themselves that can help in getting TWG more active, such as the game merge suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post
Working perfectly well? I've seen so many games pass by from the start of this new TWC with many players breaking the rules and this Council not enforce or push to enforce. Copped up excuses from those that are accused let them evade any sort of punishment anyway, making your TWC not properly functional.
I don't think I've seen many members being banned for inactivity, cheating, etc during my time in TWG, so QFT.

Edit for Devonin: That is true. However, I am not certain Synth and friends would be very willing to assign a mod to TWG, or promote a TWG player to the point where they can ban others from the TWG board. I don't think Manti can ban, and he's a local mod.

Last edited by GamerShadow; 01-4-2009 at 02:32 PM..
GamerShadow is offline   Reply With Quote