Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2009, 10:56 AM   #721
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Default Re: World of Warcraft

There is such a thing as raiding casually now. It's called 10mans. There's a thing called casually PvPing. BGs, Wintergrasp if you don't whore the **** out of it. Hell, you can casually raid a 25man. Hardcore is more of a term for guilds that do progression constantly, have a strict raiding schedule and require all their members to have at least a 75% raid attendance.
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #722
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Yeah, it's not like when regular WoW was around and they had 40 man raids.

And there's nothing wrong with going in with quest items to heal naxx; I daresay my friend who has a level 73 priest is a better healer than a guildie's 80 priest; it's all about skill.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #723
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

It's not all about skill. It's all about spellpower.

You aren't going to be healing the MT with 1,000sp, which is what you'll have with quest-reward blues. I know, because I tried, only it was on heroics. I even had a nice pile of BOE blues from heroics and such. It's not easy, and it only gets worse as the difficulty increases.

Also, personally, I don't consider 10-man naxx to be a casual raid. I consider OS and Vault to be casual raids, regardless of the number. Naxx is not a casual raid in 10 or 25. It will take you 2 hours at a minimum to clear it, and for new groups that lack full-blown epics, you're looking at 6-10. Casual raiders without gear will take longer to finish these things, which cuts into their whole 'lack of time' thing.

10-man naxx is so much harder than 25-man naxx as it is. With 25-man, you probably can get away with your last healer being decked out entirely with quest rewards. In ten man, unless your MH is really, really skilled with great gear, you're probably in for trouble. We had that situation in a naxx10 once. Our GM is a resto druid and completely dominates the heal charts against all other classes in 25-man raids, so it was obvious she'd be MH in a 10-man. The offhealer was a priest who seemed completely out of it. It wasn't until like three fights in that we could even tell she was doing anything at all.

I've seen people solo-heal naxx-10, so I know you can do it with one competent and one incompetent healer, but why go through the hassle when you can just run a few heroics and get plenty geared? You can only run naxx once a week, so run heroics every other day of the week until naxx begins, then you'll at least have something better than quest rewards.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:24 PM   #724
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

The only case I can think of where you're right is if all the healers, tanks, and dps are quest geared. I remember when I wasn't as well geared, I had trouble keeping up a mediocre geared tank in an instance. Now that I am geared however, keeping a tank up who barely has over 20k hp and not def capped in a heroic is possible. Not only that, my greater wealth of experience since I started healing heroics help. If his guild is really running Naxx with that many people undergeared, then I could see why you may think his guild has stupid people if they expect him to stop all wipes. However, he didn't say that his guild expected him to heal well, they just wanted him there to heal and I'm saying he can do that.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:38 PM   #725
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

Right, when I said they were kind of waiting for me to start healing raids, I guess I meant heroics then raids once I get geared. Ironically enough, they rarely do heroics. Occasionally I will see someone ask guild chat if anyone is interested in a heroic, but it's rare. I doubt they would be willing to put in all that time and run heroics with one priest who needs gear anyway, even if I am one of the only healers.

In my guild it's a bit like fending for yourself. Mostly pugging, and from what I understand most of the raids are pug fests.
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:19 AM   #726
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Well, if you have the time, it's not impossible to run both heroics and do Naxx within the same week. I doubt your guild is in Naxx every single day for every single week.

~Tsugomaru
Old 03-19-2009, 11:20 AM   #727
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Pugs.

I know I rant about pugs, but the vast majority of pugs don't suck.

Get yourself geared by running instances with anyone, especially if your guild has no interest in running regs or heroics.

When I was trying to get geared, I ran anywhere from 3 to 7 heroics every day. Of course, I didn't consider myself ready for naxx until I was fully done with getting all my gear from heroics (save for the last trinket).
Old 03-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #728
Momoko_Katsura
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Momoko_Katsura

WoW bores me now.
QQ
I hope I get over it >.<;
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
My ego could crush whales.
Momoko_Katsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:31 AM   #729
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Finally replaced my ass-old pathetic weapon.

The best part is that it's a weapon solely designed either for moonkin or elemental shaman. Seeing as the druids were feral/resto and the other shaman were also resto, I was the only roller and won.

First time I was able to hot-swap in a raid, since every equip drop I get isn't better until it's enchanted/gemmed. This has more base SP than the old weapon+enchant.

Also, it looks awesome. More awesome knowing so few people use it. I don't want to replace it with the Kel mace.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:50 AM   #730
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Finally replaced my ass-old pathetic weapon.

The best part is that it's a weapon solely designed either for moonkin or elemental shaman. Seeing as the druids were feral/resto and the other shaman were also resto, I was the only roller and won.

First time I was able to hot-swap in a raid, since every equip drop I get isn't better until it's enchanted/gemmed. This has more base SP than the old weapon+enchant.

Also, it looks awesome. More awesome knowing so few people use it. I don't want to replace it with the Kel mace.
Funny thing is that fist weapon is actually one of the two best in slot weapons for resto shamans.
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:36 AM   #731
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Yeah, but it's too bad they both rolled on something earlier in the run. Anub dropped the resto shield and Widow dropped the resto boots. The rule of this guild's run is that you get one main-spec roll win. If nobody rolls on main-spec, it's open for offspec and anyone can roll regardless of previous wins.

Also I made a big deal about it before we entered the room, begging maexxna to just prove to me that the drop existed (the raid was pretty boring and I like to spice things up). I hadn't seen it before in my 9 runs of naxx (statistically I wasn't supposed to anyway) and I just wanted proof that it could drop (though I knew it could).

I think I'm going to try running with another guild or something. The problem is that every guild that is good on our server has enough people to run with its own members, so no matter what, you're forced to run with a lesser guild (or join the big ones but hell if I'm going to do that. The biggest one has the best-geared person on the server who happens to be an elesham, and the 2nd biggest one is full of assholes).
Old 03-22-2009, 11:31 AM   #732
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

That system encourages you to consider passing on drops that are strict upgrades simply because of the chance that one of the REALLY good things might drop for you later. Ugh, I'd never run under that restriction.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #733
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Yeah, it's a horrible system. Fortunately it doesn't affect me as 90% of the time I'm the only shaman there, so all mail caster gear is mine. Even if there are other shaman, most of the time they're not in my spec, and my class uses three unique sets of gear for each spec.

The idea is to spread the loot around.

Also, tokens aren't included, so even if you've won several things in that run, you can still roll on tokens.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:14 PM   #734
Snowcrafta
V's beta-male entourage

Send a message via AIM to Snowcrafta

Wow, I'm shocked Squeek got into this game. He had such a vendetta against it for the longest time.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:15 PM   #735
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

No, I had a vendetta against the price.

Now that I have five years of work money in the bank and a full-time career ahead of me, $15 a month isn't an issue.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #736
tsugomaru
FFR Player

It's sad that it's an unspoken rule sometimes. I have a friend who decided to pass on about 4 upgrades to get a staff. It's a good thing he was one of three people who could wear leather dps gear and that he was the only one who needed gear. Our loot master is pretty cool and makes sure he checks everyone's gear before handing stuff out. My druid friend got all 4 leather armor pieces, a token, and the staff that run.

But putting his luck aside, 4 pieces of armor is probably greater than any weapon you can get. I mean, his dps started off at 2000 at the beginning of the run and by the end, he replaced 4 blues and was doing close to 3000.

~Tsugomaru
Old 03-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #737
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rade0110

I never really had a problem with loot systems. If the master looter wasn't a douche and did what he explained at the beginning of the raid, I was good. It was the situations where third highest roll won the loot because, "he has been here a lot looking for that piece." Sorry, I'll take my 3200-3400 dps (was really high at the time) somewhere else, thanks. I don't even care if I lose the raid for the rest of the week. I'd rather not waste three more hours finishing naxx to see the stuff I should be awarded go to the master looter's friends.

Also, I might try the game again. I hear Ulduar or whatever it is, is out or coming out soon? Not sure if I want to stay on Azuremyst though, I might go to a higher populated realm.

Cheers,

Synthlight
rade0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #738
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rade0110 View Post
Also, I might try the game again. I hear Ulduar or whatever it is, is out or coming out soon? Not sure if I want to stay on Azuremyst though, I might go to a higher populated realm.

Come to Malfurion if you're Alliance. doit

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #739
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I quit WoW again, pvp is dead and imbalanced. Pve is a joke and boring.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #740
tsugomaru
FFR Player

I may play with you Tokzic if I ever feel like leveling an alliance deathknight.

~Tsugomaru