Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-6-2008, 05:15 PM   #621
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Kongregate Brag Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
i think i'm up to 92... getting really tedious and hard. still missing everything involving queen / razor queen. missing 300 in 1 shot, 7/8x combo, 2500/3000 level awards... huge nest clear... need kill awards for amalgan, gray, grinder, void, and horror as well still. missing 10 minutes on bounty, despite playing for over 10 minutes twice by my clock (over 12 minutes one time)... 15 ways of dying... and deflecting 5 queen attacks.
Basically what I still need except I need 2000 level and big nest clear.
Still at 90 ;_;
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2008, 05:40 PM   #622
QuadDamage
Banned

Sittin' pretty at 110
QuadDamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2008, 07:00 PM   #623
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

93. lol... got 3 horrors. also have 3 grays, but apparently i need more than that. once i get the grays and then voids, i think i can stop farming combiners.
Old 08-6-2008, 10:10 PM   #624
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
missing 300 in 1 shot.
Like I said, kill a boulder and 2 others and u get 300.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-6-2008, 10:33 PM   #625
Linksbro
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I just got the 300 swing from a bolder + 2 others, easy. 76/110
Linksbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 12:02 AM   #626
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Question, is there like a tip to getting more enimies? I got like 9 and I want the badge plus more enimies. I am not good at this game(still fun though), but I would like to know for when I get better.

Im at 50/110 right now. Anyone know some of the requirements for awards?
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 03:29 AM   #627
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

1000 greens, 100 yellows (i think), 50 or so oranges/blues, then it continues to get less and less and less. 15 amalgans (as per rubix), 15 oozies, 12 sharps, 12 fuzzies (i forget), 6 frosties, 6 torchies, 5 grays, 4 grinders, 3 voids, 3 horrors, 3 queens, 2 razor queens. i'm probably missing some. i think 30 purples. yup, that's only 17... missing 1. and some of the numbers are probably slightly off. 15 inkies, i think. or 12.

for 300+... i got the 200+ by killing a boulder + something else. then i managed 220 from a torchie, a fuzzie, a meltie, and a slow all in 1 swing. that was pretty cool. i only have 3 grinder kills... and only 1 had another guy in the swing. for some reason, i find it really frickin' hard to kill grinders.
Old 08-7-2008, 10:34 AM   #628
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

Use a repulser. When the grinder is 1 hit away, use the repulser and let a few gather next to it and take them out.

Old 08-7-2008, 11:25 AM   #629
QuadDamage
Banned

There are tons of ways to kill Grinders. My favorite is letting two Grinders hit each other, or smashing a Sharp into one... the sound is so satisfying, hehe
Old 08-7-2008, 12:56 PM   #630
Raveren
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Raveren

http://kongccg.blogspot.com/2008/08/...ard-guide.html

Not the most in depth or easy to read guide, but most everything you need is in here.
Old 08-7-2008, 12:59 PM   #631
QuadDamage
Banned

I'm honestly tempted to just write my own guide for the game. All the ones out there really suck, imo, and either have small errors here and there, or omit a lot of useful strategies/information.

I probably won't write one though, because who cares?
Old 08-7-2008, 04:01 PM   #632
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

Rubix guide would be awesome. You should totally do it. I think you're underestimating the length of the guide tho. It's gonna be huge if you include all the details needed to get 110 awards.

Old 08-7-2008, 04:07 PM   #633
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000

Could be pretty cool to have a guide that actually gives tips on how to achieve each award. It is useful to know what unlock what, but if you don't know how to do it, you are not farther than you were.

PS: 5x badges without trying to get them. Still trying to get the big nest first.
emerald000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2008, 04:12 PM   #634
QuadDamage
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Rubix guide would be awesome. You should totally do it. I think you're underestimating the length of the guide tho. It's gonna be huge if you include all the details needed to get 110 awards.
EDIT: On second thought you're probably right. It'd be somewhat long.

But eh, I'll give it a crack anyway.

Last edited by QuadDamage; 08-7-2008 at 04:14 PM..
Old 08-8-2008, 03:58 AM   #635
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

So today, I decided to give Kongai a shot because I was really bored and saw that it had a card challenge. Well I played against a level 5 and dominated the game. At first my strategy was to wait every turn until the last second so he gets tired and quits. Unfortunately, it failed, and he stayed in the game. It was like he had no strategy while playing. I have played against a computer two times tops and knew more than this level 5 guy. He switched his cards at the obvious moments, so I, of couse, intercepted at those moments. It was just a dumb game. So I am giving up on Kongai with a 1-game winning streak. Very dumb game. I cannot believe Kongregate wasted time on that idea.

Last edited by Commandersa1; 08-8-2008 at 05:18 AM..
Commandersa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-8-2008, 09:40 AM   #636
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

basically. i don't find any fun in it. and, i 100% agree that us FFRers should band together when badges are added to help each other get them all.

ps - i can't get either medium badge of bubble tanks 2 on this computer. even in low quality, my guy lags unbelievably bad when there are too many bad guys / shots on the screen. and, of course, it's only my guy that lags. the bad guys and their ammo don't lag at all. and, it's not really even lag. my controls just stop working. like, if i was moving left, i'll just strafe left until i'm into the next bubble, then my controls will start working again. makes it unplayable.
Old 08-8-2008, 09:46 AM   #637
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
basically. i don't find any fun in it. and, i 100% agree that us FFRers should band together when badges are added to help each other get them all.

ps - i can't get either medium badge of bubble tanks 2 on this computer. even in low quality, my guy lags unbelievably bad when there are too many bad guys / shots on the screen. and, of course, it's only my guy that lags. the bad guys and their ammo don't lag at all. and, it's not really even lag. my controls just stop working. like, if i was moving left, i'll just strafe left until i'm into the next bubble, then my controls will start working again. makes it unplayable.
Agree with the FFRers helping each other, Sorry to hear BT2 lags your comp.
Also I can't find the ****ing destroyer (got the other 3). I played the game 2 times and beat the boss and swarmed around everywhere for 15 minutes each time, I just can't find him
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-8-2008, 10:00 AM   #638
QuadDamage
Banned

Ok I've played through twice (three times really, since I couldn't find any BFT's on my first run) and this is what I've found:

The quickest way to get the badges is to upgrade Light all the way. Start spiraling about the starting point and spiral your way outwards so you level up on the weaker enemies. By the time you max out as a Ghost Sniper (Leecher Tank is pretty good as well. I upgraded Heavy all the way once and wasn't impressed, despite the firepower. The light tanks are faster and still get the job done quickly), you'll encounter the final Worm boss pretty soon. Beat it and you'll become invulnerable. I generally find Tri Guardians/Spawn Carriers/BFT's close to home. I finally encountered a BFT down and to the left a ways from my starting point. As I venture way-the-hell out there, I seem to encounter nothing but Destroyers and an occasional Tri Guardian -- never Spawn Carriers or BFT's.

Here is a picture of what everything looks like (got this off the Kong forums):

However, the creator of the game has stated on the Kong page that he is going to update the BFT spawn rate to make it easier to find, so you could always just wait for that.

Re-acquired all badges. I am really not looking forward to whatever they have in store for Kongai, badge-wise. It's just not a good game at all. Seriously. I'm not saying it out of spite or anything -- it's seriously just not a good game. It may have prettier graphic art than most Flash games, but the gameplay itself is just not enjoyable. Really disappointed that so much hype and effort has been circling about this thing, because it could have been put to something much better.

But, I do agree, whatever they throw into Kongai for accomplishments, we should all "synergize" and boost each other up to make it easier.

Last edited by QuadDamage; 08-8-2008 at 10:15 AM..
Old 08-8-2008, 06:12 PM   #639
Darkslave
:D
FFR Veteran

Agree with the helping, lots of games where a few tips can really help out.
After another 2 hours of grinding, I'm up to 90 awards, still need quite some easy to do ones, can get to about 100 that way, then the more obscure things/really hard ones (2500/3000 one game/finishing huge nest/razor queen etc). But I'm pretty confident I can pull it off in not too long.
Darkslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-8-2008, 06:32 PM   #640
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Quote:
Or, all us FFR's could make one file named something FFR related, and we all use the file and team up to get the badges and cards, etc. like you said. We would own Kongregates!
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote