Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-3-2005, 09:47 AM   #621
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Well, seeing as how I can't make it through the hole in the sky to get star stuff, I'm definitely not ready for something that requires star garb.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-3-2005, 10:01 AM   #622
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Guess I rock you guys... I beat it at lv. 12.... Topiary Golems are my biotch. (Not really, if they hit me first, I ran away....)

EDIT: about radio... depends on the DJ. Some will just ask for the 1st 30 people to message about their opinion on something, then use a RNG to pick a winner. Others will ask trivia and the 20th winner gets the prize. Others will have a band of the night, and every time that band is on, be the 15th to message them to win... etc.

Most allow for more than one answer. Like, to get my Bat, it was the 20th, and I answered 9 times out of the 20. Whorli answered once, and chardish had 2-3... We had pretty good odds to win it. Also, it was a very hard question that took a smart google search to find, and apparently only 1 other person found it.

Regardless, Guess the clan is getting another million meat, from radio KoL.
Old 04-3-2005, 10:02 AM   #623
Tank101
I V vi iii IV I IV V
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Tank101

I beat the game at level 11.

Anyway, sat in the chat for like 2 hours listening to the shittiest music just so I could hear the question, submitted the right answer, but they did a drawing and I lost.
Tank101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-3-2005, 11:27 AM   #624
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Poor tank.

Today was an AWESOME day.... Muscle day, as I'm sure you all know.... only donated 10k to Boris and I still gained NINETEEN Muscle. Also gained 9 Myst and 10 Moxie... Good frickin Day. Will hit lv. 14 tomorrow. That makes lv. 12 on Friday, lv. 13 on Sat, lv. 14 on Mon... huzzah!

Not to mention, if ANYONE needs Stars/Lines/Star Charts, I'm about to donate about 100 stars/lines and 40 or so star charts.

Only bad thing about the Hole in the Sky is they give no meat.
Old 04-3-2005, 11:57 AM   #625
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Not that you need meat, Tass. And donating to the altars gives terrible stats, it's ridiculous. Does it increase with the moons like the gym does? I'm assuming so by what you said. I'd rather waste adventures in the gym, seriously.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

Old 04-3-2005, 12:57 PM   #626
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

I have over 18 million meat now... I can donate 10,000x my level to the alters for a few extra stat points each day.

Plus, adventuring > gym. Especially on a stat day. I was getting between 37-41 points per fight today at the Hole in the Sky.
Old 04-3-2005, 02:18 PM   #627
User6773

Tass, the reason you can handle Topiary Golems is cause you're a SC I'm guessing. As a Pastamancer, with only 74 base Muscle and around 109 HP, I get thwomped. And right now my best skill is Weapon of the Pastalord, which does 50-60 damage per hit, even with Kickback Cookbook equipped.

I have Spirit of Rigatoni, which lets me use Mysticality to calculate chance to hit instead of Muscle with staves (Star Staff). If only I could use Mysticality to determine my damage, too...

What stat should I try to boost if I'm continually getting pummled? I have 2 mil+ meat thanks to our radio fun last night, so methinks the statues deserve some of it. Mysticality would increase my damage with spells, but Muscle would keep me alive longer.
chardish (#394955)
Level 12
Spaghetti Spellbinder

Statistics:
Current Hit Points: 80
Maximum Hit Points: 100 (base: 77)
Current Mana Points: 127
Maximum Mana Points: 217 (base: 187)
Muscle:
77 (base: 74)
(146/149)
Mysticality:
145 (base: 127)
(238/255)
Moxie:
80 (base: 77)
(154/155)
Old 04-3-2005, 03:14 PM   #628
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Topiary's were still hitting me for about 70 damage per shot, and it took me an initial hit + 2 attacks from my biggest MP attack to kill one, hence... I had to attack first.

But, since then, I've already gained about 30 points of Muscle, so that is 30 more HP and much more damage, not that I need to go back.

Not sure what you should do, as I'm not a pastamancer.
Old 04-3-2005, 03:47 PM   #629
Cenright
You thought I was a GUY?!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Location: Beaumont (A town with 25 times fewer people than this site)
Send a message via AIM to Cenright Send a message via MSN to Cenright Send a message via Yahoo to Cenright

I'm level 11, and I still have no idea what you people are talking about. I still need to find planks, and a way into the dark and dank cave.
Cenright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-3-2005, 03:48 PM   #630
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Since I'm a disco bandit, the Topiary Golems never hit me, 210 buffed moxie. I suggest the start crossbow if you are strong enough. 160 power, +8 moxie.

Level 15.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-3-2005, 04:24 PM   #631
Tank101
I V vi iii IV I IV V
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Tank101

Golems were easy, even though I had to rest every time I fought one.

I just kept using the Disco Face Stab until he misses you, then I attack with the crossbow.
Tank101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-3-2005, 04:38 PM   #632
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Chardish, I've noticed that the Mys heroes tend to be the worst in battle. Mus char has great life, Mox has great miss chance; and Mys heroes...get a lot of MP? As a pastamancer though you get a much higher level pet AND you don't need to purchase and constantly equip a Sauceglove just so you can attack. Saucerers IMO are the worst char; scrumptious reagents don't make anything useful on their own (except for that gr8p potion), and the skills are basically worthless, since saucerers have no ability to heal themselves. I guess i just got unlucky when selecting my class.
Old 04-3-2005, 05:19 PM   #633
Cenright
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Cenright Send a message via MSN to Cenright Send a message via Yahoo to Cenright

Yeah, I'm Sauceror. I had no idea about anything when I started, and that was what I picked.
I'm level 11 and my Saucegeyser spell does 73 damage. That is the best I have.
Old 04-3-2005, 06:15 PM   #634
User6773

If I had to do it again (which I might, all 3 statue keys + 2 million meat = leveling up not an issue), I'd either go with Accordian Thief or Turtle Tamer. But, I'm Pastamancer for now.

The coolest thing about Pastamancers is that Jumbo Dr. Lucifer (relatively cheap HUGE MP item) + Canneloni Cocoon = tons and tons of MP refill. Like 90 in one go.
Old 04-3-2005, 06:23 PM   #635
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Well, then I guess if I'm going to Ascend, I'll have to buy Ode to Booze first.
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-3-2005, 08:58 PM   #636
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

All of you lovely folks who are Saucerors... feel free to cast Elemental Saucesphere on me.

Turtle Tamers... Empathy of the Newt is also my friend.

Of course I'll be kind and give you a donation for your help too.
Old 04-3-2005, 10:05 PM   #637
Cenright
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

There you go Tass. By the way, can you people show me the Quest website? I am having trouble seeing what I need for the flies for the "dark and dank and sinister cave".
Old 04-4-2005, 04:49 AM   #638
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

kol.coldfront.net
Old 04-4-2005, 03:20 PM   #639
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

My 3rd account can buff you all that it's able to. Once I'm able to get that MP boost for it you'll be set with empathy.

Also, Tass, look into how much more (or less) cost efficient it would be to buy clan boosts. You can purchase stat points for the entire clan. I'm sure this is cheaper if the clan is smaller and would be more effective for you than using the statues, but I don't know if it'd be more worth your time to do it now and benefit us all with your massive amounts of meat.

Old 04-4-2005, 06:12 PM   #640
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

What are clan buffs? Explain. I'm all for helping the clan.... if 1 million + meat isn't enough.