Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you sensed regression?
Yes. 35 83.33%
No. 6 14.29%
I have not been here long enough to tell. 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2004, 03:54 PM   #1
hydrojakep
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to hydrojakep Send a message via AIM to hydrojakep Send a message via MSN to hydrojakep Send a message via Yahoo to hydrojakep
Default RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

No, we want the forums to go from:

To

hydrojakep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 03:54 PM   #2
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

I agree with hydro. The Garbage bin shouldn't be for crap posts. It should be random jokes and things like that (asdf is not a random joke, nor is aight playa).

The temp band sounds like an alright idea. It might be a little over kill, but I think it would be alright for awhile till people start to straighten up a little. (=O a neo-nazi pet)
Old 11-21-2004, 03:56 PM   #3
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Neopets is any better? They froze my account for threatening a stupid battledome opponent (not even a real person) that I was going to beat them really badly.

Anyways, if we could get rid of html blue text stuff in chat, maybe got some kind of ignore feature, and an IP/temp ban that we could use, it would help. Otherwise, nothing can be stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 03:56 PM   #4
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

I see some people starting to realize why some of the things in place are a good idea.

You will come across extremely strict forums, some really layed back forums, and I feel we are in the middle.

Just think, do you really want us to flip out every time you do a little thing wrong, and be like OMFG IP BAN. No... We do give you a few chances to straighten out, but if we see you aren't changing, you are gone. We give you time to cool off, and if we let you come back, and you keep it up, you are gone for good.

Whats wrong with that?
Old 11-21-2004, 03:57 PM   #5
hydrojakep
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to hydrojakep Send a message via AIM to hydrojakep Send a message via MSN to hydrojakep Send a message via Yahoo to hydrojakep

We can use this thread as an example.
People like anticrombie are the kind of posters we want. People that can incorperate humor into a serious topic, that keeps it entertaining.

Old 11-21-2004, 04:01 PM   #6
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Anti: The forums now are so liberal that stepping it up as much as I suggested would make it centralist, not authoritarian. And you surely must concede that there are doznes of people here that need their shit together. A brief semi-authoritarian rule would put everyone in line, so we could go centralist or even liberal again fairly quickly. There is no need for true extremes here, just we need some sort of change, and we need it fast.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
QreepyBORIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 04:01 PM   #7
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Word to dat Jursey.

The chat definatly has some problems, but we didn't code it, and we don't have anyone able to code those features in (Soccr could learn, but is working on R2.).

Hopefully, we can get some kinda of update on the status of the next version, and kinda of push him along. But remember, the creator is generous enough to let us use his software, cause Synth does him some favors sometimes, just be pacient, we have mods in there quite a lot, and most of the time, it is bearable.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:31 PM   #8
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743
Default Re: RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan
I was warned once. Oh no. I can still fuck around three more times before I actually have to watch myself.

If two warnings = ban, then I better get my shit together now that I have one, now shouldn't I?

And why bother being fair to me? I didn't want to play by the rules and be fair, there's no reason for the staff to be fair back.
Quoted because he's right.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
flypie743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 04:36 PM   #9
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Wow. 4 pages in a new thread already.

Squeek's simple "how to fixxit" guide.

1. Choose ore Moderators that would know what they are doing AND are frequent visitors.
2. Delete of the Garbage Bin.
3. Taking down the Chat.
4. Officially re-instate the IRC chat
5. Make the rules and the current issues with the game / forum MUCH more accesible. I know an announcement SHOULD be a huge clue to people that it is important to read, but some (most) new people here are really stupid and cannot read.
6. Teach LD English (seriously now. "Pacient"? Where did you come up with that?)

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 04:37 PM   #10
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I know, I suck at English, I try!
Old 11-21-2004, 04:39 PM   #11
hydrojakep
FFR Player

Default RE: Re: RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

How about a banned list? That way we know who's banned, and why.
You could make it public, but without IPS.
Just so we know.

EDIT

1337 POSTS

FUCKING YES

Old 11-21-2004, 04:39 PM   #12
flypie743
FFR Player

Quote:
6. Teach LD English (seriously now. "Pacient"? Where did you come up with that?)
Quoted for emphasis :P

Old 11-21-2004, 04:43 PM   #13
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrESqueek
Wow. 4 pages in a new thread already.

Squeek's simple "how to fixxit" guide.

1. Choose ore Moderators that would know what they are doing AND are frequent visitors.
2. Delete of the Garbage Bin.
3. Taking down the Chat.
4. Officially re-instate the IRC chat
5. Make the rules and the current issues with the game / forum MUCH more accesible. I know an announcement SHOULD be a huge clue to people that it is important to read, but some (most) new people here are really stupid and cannot read.

~Squeek

You guys act like you always go to the chat, and know how everyone feels about it. I for one feel very strongly about the chat, it was the first place I went over a year ago and I am very attached to it. I would get extremely angry and bomb all you anti-chat peoples' houses if it was taken down. (Not really, but I would be really mad) You guys think that just because it has problems that it should be taken down and shoved to a lame IRC place. I'm sick of you all thinking that IRC is better. YOU DON'T KNOW. If I never came to the forums and read you all saying this and said 'DOWN WITH THE FORUMS IT SUCKS SO LETS LIKE PUT IT TO SOME PLACE THATS MORE BORING AND HARDER TO ACCESS', you would all get angry.

DO NOT SAY THAT IT SHOULD BE TAKEN DOWN AND MOVED TO IRC. NONE OF YOU GO THERE, SO WHY DO YOU CARE AND HAVE AN OPINION ABOUT IT. CHAT GOERS SUCH AS MYSELF SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO HAVE AN OPINION ON THE CHAT, NOT YOU FORUM PEOPLE.

Fortunately I am a chat and forum person, so I can actually kind of see what's going on, but seriously, if that Chat goes, I will hunt you down.

Quote:
Quote:
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:43 PM   #14
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Jursey - The chat sucks. It doesn't matter if you're a mod there. It sucks. There's no automation, there's no order, there's nothing. It's crap. On IRC we can get a bot-op to autokick morons. On IRC we can BAN people. The only thing we can't do over IRC is the webcam/microphone conversations. Darn. That's kinda why we have aim or msn or icq or yahoo or one of the other dozen or so chat applications.

I used to go to the chat, but then I figured out that it sucked. I couldn't ever have a good conversation there with anybody and all the cool people here avoid it. I only ended up getting in arguments with MORONS over trivial matters. And I got asked "asl" every 2 minutes.

Oh, just as a PS (useless to edit since it updates so unbelievably fast)

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...wtopic&t=17364

Ok, so instead of removing the Garbage Bin, I change that to "MAKE IT KNOWN WHAT IT IS FOR". That is to say, make it known that it is a place for useless threads above a certain level. That level being completely irrelevant. Read my thread for an explanation.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 04:45 PM   #15
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

Hey Hey all its Vash...Haven't been on this website in probably over..........I'd say about 4 months give er take, but I haven't posted in about a year. This site how ever is getting more postwhoric by the minute and our damn chat has like fuckin stalkers and molesters in it...(don't ask) but anyways fuck all you spammers and fuck all you other shit heads that make this site bad...
P.S. still havent changed the horrible sig after saying i would millions of times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
vashthestampede0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 04:47 PM   #16
flypie743
FFR Player

I completely agree with the garbage bin. It needs to be a place for joke threads and random things. Not where people postwhore random stuff in random threads. Maybe rename it to get the point across.

Jurs, I come in the chat sometimes, and it is apparent that it makes the site look unprofessional with everyone spamming it up. The chat needs a major upgrade or just have an IRC based chat.

So now, oh crap, IRC doesn't have webcams so we can flash people. Just use msn.

Old 11-21-2004, 04:47 PM   #17
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

@Chat attackers: Something is now in the works, that will help significantly. Give me a week, and you will see an amazing improvement in the chat, I guarentee it.

@Vash: Check your PM's
Old 11-21-2004, 04:48 PM   #18
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Yeah i'm sure you saying 'fuck all you spammers and fuck all you other fuck heads that make this site bad' is really going to make an impact. gg

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-21-2004, 04:48 PM   #19
hydrojakep
FFR Player

IRC gave me a virus.

Oh, and welcome back vash.

Old 11-21-2004, 04:48 PM   #20
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musical_Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashthestampede0987
Hey Hey all its Vash...Haven't been on this website in probably over..........I'd say about 4 months give er take, but I haven't posted in about a year. This site how ever is getting more postwhoric by the minute and our damn chat has like fuckin stalkers and molesters in it...(don't ask) but anyways $*%# all you spammers and $*%# all you other (#$% heads that make this site bad...
P.S. still havent changed the horrible sig after saying i would millions of times
HEY VASH WORD UP DAWG

Posted as example of postwhoric post.