Old 07-22-2013, 12:23 AM   #41
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24
Default Re: Let harder files in ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea View Post
Okay, one second, I hope that you guys understand that I've read the threads youve read about this elitist nonsense; I do not agree with them in any sense. I spent at least 2 years of my life playing strictly dump/vibrate files on SM, I enjoyed them very much! What I am trying to say is some people have goals they would like to attain! Ex double digit av rank or something, and before we swamp the public ranks with 80+ files we should think about how it might change the atmosphere of the game; is that so bad? To be honest I feel like the game is evolving in difficulty as you guys get better and better! Soon FGOs will become FMOs and so on. I've been on this site for a while and have seen the difficulties become what I never could have imagined! It IS a great thing for the game but maybe we should think about making a exclusive option for those who really want this to happen.
What they're saying is that if you are blatantly mashing a file the entire way through, or for most of it (see Death Piano), you should probably play a file of lower difficulty that you can hit accurately. You are free to play any file you want and mash to your heart's content, it's just not the best way to improve.

Also I don't think we can make things tier-exclusive. People are already complaining about FFR cliques and *segregation* (Veteran perks vs. normal users. That word is horrible, but I can't think of a better one). If we add more hard files, they will either be public, or a token. No "Tier 0 Only" category or anything.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:34 AM   #42
redsea
seek ye first the kingdom
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
But why ? Why make the files for us exclusive ? Why couldnt such files have their place in public files
Because frankly the US is too small in relativity to the rest of the players on this site to start loading SM inspired dumpfiles into the game! As songs get harder and more numerous it creates harder requirements for token/skill tokens and you'll never hear the end of it from those " elite" minded FFR players out there! This is why you guys should have an exclusive add on! So you guys can challenge yourselves and other players of your skill level without flooding the ranks with stepfiles noone is going to enjoy playing unless they are d7 plus the harder they get the more illinspired they tend to be..
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:37 AM   #43
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Because frankly the US is too small in relativity to the rest of the players on this site to start loading SM inspired dumpfiles into the game! As songs get harder and more numerous it creates harder requirements for token/skill tokens and you'll never hear the end of it from those " elite" minded FFR players out there! This is why you guys should have an exclusive add on! So you guys can challenge yourselves and other players of your skill level without flooding the ranks with stepfiles noone is going to enjoy playing unless they are d7 plus the harder they get the more illinspired they tend to be..
Hmm, guess it makes sense. But then again why make them exclusive if all you have to do is not play that file if you don't like it ? (Like any other files you havent reached the skill level for yet)
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #44
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

He's talking about it clogging the ranks and making the FC 99% skill token harder. I think.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:49 AM   #45
redsea
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Hmm, guess it makes sense. But then again why make them exclusive if all you have to do is not play that file if you don't like it ? (Like any other files you havent reached the skill level for yet)
This is what I propose: talk to the staff about creating new more difficult songs/files. Have them then collaborate with stepfile artists to create quality steps for D7 players. When a bulk of them come in have the staff create an unlockable d7 genre ingame! This way elitests won't whine about the flooding of difficult files and you guys can have your fun! And the genre will be unlockable as you gain d7 status

Also, I assume these D7 stepfiles would be too difficult for anyone but, this is what you are asking for pretty much. If that is the case there isn't really a point to those in a lower division playing them as you guys will have enough trouble with them lol
And Andy, not exclusively, no.

Last edited by redsea; 07-22-2013 at 01:01 AM..
Old 07-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #46
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP

Quote:
This is what I propose: talk to the staff about create new more difficult songs. Have them then collaborate with stepfile artist to create quality steps for D7 players. When a bulk of them come in have the staff create an unlocksble d7 genre ingame! This way elitests won't whine about the flooding if difficult files and you guys can have your fun! And the genre will be unlocksble as you gain d7 status

That's like making a bunch of Unconnected's. It's not the idea I had. By doing that you would still make it exclusive and not public.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:52 AM   #47
~Zeta~
Flag Master
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
This is what I propose: talk to the staff about creating new more difficult songs. Have them then collaborate with stepfile artist to create quality steps for D7 players. When a bulk of them come in have the staff create an unlocksble d7 genre ingame! This way elitests won't whine about the flooding if difficult files and you guys can have your fun! And the genre will be unlocksble as you gain d7 status

There's prob 20 active D7 people max. Not really competitive there lol. It's not like D7 will be achieved by a ton of people.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:52 AM   #48
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

i think we should just leave people who make files alone !!!!!!!!!!!!

i also just realized

hard songs are released every official tournament anyways, so who cares
Old 07-22-2013, 12:54 AM   #49
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Someone get Sony blanket permission and we can talk about adding a few midare-style dumps every so often.

Also to give this post some substance, come August (I believe) there will be zero songs in my public levelranks added in the past two years that I haven't AAA'd and weren't part of an Official Tournament...kind of upsetting that mid-high FGO and beyond files are generally only added when a tournament's going on but what are you gonna do.

If players want more 90+ difficulty files, step more 90+ difficulty files well and submit to batch. The bar for acceptance will be raised slightly compared to files of lower difficulty due to aforementioned points (patterns being taken into stricter consideration for playability etc.) but I think that's the best solution to this problem. D6/D7 players should step (or collab?!) to produce some srs high level files that can be added during tourney downtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 07-22-2013 at 01:04 AM..
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:56 AM   #50
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
This is what I propose: talk to the staff about create new more difficult songs. Have them then collaborate with stepfile artist to create quality steps for D7 players. When a bulk of them come in have the staff create an unlocksble d7 genre ingame! This way elitests won't whine about the flooding if difficult files and you guys can have your fun! And the genre will be unlocksble as you gain d7 status
This seems like a silly idea. I would be against it.

Reason is simple, would create that "elitist" mindset that I'm sure players up there don't want to be labeled as.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #51
mi40

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
someone get sony blanket permission and we can talk about adding a few midare-style dumps every so often
i vote what about now as the first
Old 07-22-2013, 01:05 AM   #52
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP

I'm actually trying to step stuff but I'm not good at getting permissions and stuff like that ;/ But yeah I'd definitely be willing to make the effort and step some charts (well at least try to)
Old 07-22-2013, 01:13 AM   #53
redsea
FFR Veteran

Welp, looks like I struck out, haha. Best of luck guys!
Old 07-22-2013, 01:16 AM   #54
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

fucking robotomy
Old 07-22-2013, 01:20 AM   #55
mi40

free motorboy
Old 07-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #56
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

if dp and rato do get made into tokens we need at least one file that can't be AAA'd
Old 07-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #57
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
fucking robotomy
Why did I know you would post this hahaha. What difficulty would that be ?
Old 07-22-2013, 01:24 AM   #58
Shantotto
FFR Player

If songs are too easy, just play them on rates!
There is plenty of content; no need to hate.
But once you're complete, please don't have a fit,
'cause at the end of the day, you still look like shit!

Last edited by Shantotto; 07-2-2021 at 03:29 PM..
Shantotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:30 AM   #59
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

AJ and I are making a hard file
You guys will love it

Honestly the hard part is just song choice, I enjoy going through FFR permissions and listening to all sorts of songs looking for steppable ones. You have some hits and some misses, in the end it's very difficult to make a file that is technically correct, fun, and very difficult. One of the three tends to suffer.

Related: Despite the fact that I enjoy dumpfiles a lot (and have made quite a few), I've always liked that FFR had no dumps. Keep it legit, please, at least public songs. Tokens can be whatever I guess.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:42 AM   #60
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
If players want more 90+ difficulty files, step more 90+ difficulty files well and submit to batch. The bar for acceptance will be raised slightly compared to files of lower difficulty due to aforementioned points (patterns being taken into stricter consideration for playability etc.) but I think that's the best solution to this problem. D6/D7 players should step (or collab?!) to produce some srs high level files that can be added during tourney downtime.
This, absolutely this. It's very hard to find a song that's actually 90+ material to begin with without making it stupidly retarded (see every swoosh in RATO being 48ths) or have extremely awkward (Jae's Undiscovered Colors, Schmollbluk) patterning to begin with.

I'm all for letting harder files into the public ranks, just that when people send in hard files they're generally either horribly patterned/awkward or just
not layered properly and thus not technically correct. It's just really difficult to make a difficult and fun chart.
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote