Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-7-2010, 01:37 PM   #41
scientific
FFR Player

Default Re: College/University??

2nd year at appalachian state... school isnt exactly high on my priority list right now tho
Old 11-7-2010, 01:47 PM   #42
argo15
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

University of Massachusetts Amherst. compsci major and 6th place in regional finals at this years ACM ICPC =), RIT did have us beat tho.
argo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-7-2010, 03:11 PM   #43
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender5 View Post
Hey man, did you make 700k this year?
Hey man, do you understand statistics?

There's a reason why the premiums are so high. The risk is massive.

You know what that means? If you are looking to do this long-term, you're probably going to ruin your life. It's all great until you get robbed/beaten/put in jail -- and it happens to even the most cautious. You only have to screw up once -- quit while you're ahead.
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-7-2010, 03:17 PM   #44
esupin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to esupin

New York University - Marketing, finance, and creative writing. Graduating in the winter. Hopefully I get hired full-time at the social media marketing firm I'm at right now.

http://www.youtube.com/esupin
esupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-7-2010, 03:24 PM   #45
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
Hey man, do you understand statistics?

There's a reason why the premiums are so high. The risk is massive.

You know what that means? If you are looking to do this long-term, you're probably going to ruin your life. It's all great until you get robbed/beaten/put in jail -- and it happens to even the most cautious. You only have to screw up once -- quit while you're ahead.
Dude, really? I'm a VERY calculated business man. I provided California prices for California product, but at the overhead of NJ premiums. Plus, I've been robbed. I know the risk, you act like I'm an immature kid. I'm a good salesman, scratch that, a great one. The year away from FFR molded me in ways you can't imagine, and now I'm here to share as much knowledge as possible.

I'm going to be a VERY prominent face the in marijuana community because I'm speaking out against the Black Market, because the ****heads that think it's a good way to make a quick buck ruin it for the rest of the world.
bender5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-7-2010, 03:36 PM   #46
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

The second best way to not get ****ed in the ass is to keep a low profile. I recommend that you try to not become a prominent face. The best way is, of course, to not play at all.

ps can i get an ffr discount
Old 11-7-2010, 03:40 PM   #47
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

Holy **** I feel like I'm useless when i read through the names of these classes everyone is taking.

I'm going to Cambrian College in Sudbury, Ontario for Power Motive Technician and then maybe going to the oshawa institute of technology for a 5 year Automotive Engineer program, but I'm not sure yet because I don't want to be away from home.
Old 11-7-2010, 04:08 PM   #48
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Dude, really? I'm a VERY calculated business man. I provided California prices for California product, but at the overhead of NJ premiums. Plus, I've been robbed. I know the risk, you act like I'm an immature kid. I'm a good salesman, scratch that, a great one. The year away from FFR molded me in ways you can't imagine, and now I'm here to share as much knowledge as possible.

I'm going to be a VERY prominent face the in marijuana community because I'm speaking out against the Black Market, because the ****heads that think it's a good way to make a quick buck ruin it for the rest of the world.
Yeah, really -- this is the exact kind of thinking I've seen ruin people time and time again. You're likely overestimating how calculated you are and underestimating the risk.

I'm not saying this to be an ass. I'm saying it because it really doesn't matter how good you think you are -- you will get screwed in a major way at some point, especially if you plan to "become a prominent face in the marijuana community."

Also, 700k from marijuana is unheard of unless you've got industrial assets backing that **** up (or if you're growing in multiple houses or something). 700k from arbitrage alone is lmfao gtfo.

The fact that you got robbed already (being only a year out) shows that you should probably re-evaluate your risks. If you're getting robbed in your own home, you're not being calculated enough. People who are actually decent businessmen don't bother with such unhedged high-risk ventures. If you're seriously good at what you do, then put those skills to something where you can make a decent buck with a lot less risk.
Old 11-7-2010, 04:21 PM   #49
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Junior-Computer science
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-7-2010, 04:33 PM   #50
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Rubix, you realize the ONLY reason I'm discussing this openly is because I'm no longer doing ILLEGAL business.

I made A LOT of illegal cash, and spent all my profit, because I had no responsibility.

With my current profit margin (which is smaller than what I'll have in California) coupled with the fact that my product overhead is cut in half, with LEGAL businesses that are licensed to sell marijuana.

These days I'm becoming an activist because there are a LOT of legal things involved in the marijuana industry that you seem to know absolutely nothing about, and proceed to add your pseudo-intellectualism to your arguments so that you can condescend on those in a lesser position than you.

You may think that you're such a good business man because you studied really hard, I KNOW I'm a good businessman because I've been busting my ****ing ass for the last 6 months to pull in on a slow week a 2k PAYCHECK, not counting my business expenses
Old 11-7-2010, 04:39 PM   #51
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Rubix, you realize the ONLY reason I'm discussing this openly is because I'm no longer doing ILLEGAL business.

I made A LOT of illegal cash, and spent all my profit, because I had no responsibility.

With my current profit margin (which is smaller than what I'll have in California) coupled with the fact that my product overhead is cut in half, with LEGAL businesses that are licensed to sell marijuana.

These days I'm becoming an activist because there are a LOT of legal things involved in the marijuana industry that you seem to know absolutely nothing about, and proceed to add your pseudo-intellectualism to your arguments so that you can condescend on those in a lesser position than you.

You may think that you're such a good business man because you studied really hard, I KNOW I'm a good businessman because I've been busting my ****ing ass for the last 6 months to pull in on a good week a 2k PAYCHECK, not counting my business expenses
To your first point: Fair enough -- I assumed you were still doing illegal business.

I'm well aware that there are certain legal facets embedded in particular areas of the marijuana industry, so I'm not sure where you're getting off saying I know nothing about those things. Clearly the 700k came from illegal dealings, which I was correct about. Unless you can point me to a place where I blatantly overlooked the fact that you were no longer doing illegal business, you're just steaming a hollow BS argument. Quit casting away legitimate points as pseudointellectualism and actually address things by their merits.

I currently make 160k out of college (and it'll only get higher in the future), fully legal, of course -- in the finance industry. Yeah, I must not know what I'm doing. Sigh. All that studying sure was useless!

Last edited by MrRubix; 11-7-2010 at 04:44 PM..
Old 11-7-2010, 04:55 PM   #52
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

You're telling me that I'm not a calculated businessman because I've had some losses. Me getting robbed is no different than a convenience store, if people are bursting in my front door with guns.

You did assume a lot of things, because you just think that everyone doesn't have the same mental capacity as yourself. I was calling you out on being condescending because you do it to everyone, but even though you're 5 years older than I am I can tell you aren't as mature, even though you're very brilliant, and it obviously bothers you that I can make the same kind of profit as you through networking on the black market. I could run ANY industry, it's not that hard, I just know more about pot than pretty much anyone out there
Old 11-7-2010, 05:26 PM   #53
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
You're telling me that I'm not a calculated businessman because I've had some losses. Me getting robbed is no different than a convenience store, if people are bursting in my front door with guns.

You did assume a lot of things, because you just think that everyone doesn't have the same mental capacity as yourself. I was calling you out on being condescending because you do it to everyone, but even though you're 5 years older than I am I can tell you aren't as mature, even though you're very brilliant, and it obviously bothers you that I can make the same kind of profit as you through networking on the black market. I could run ANY industry, it's not that hard, I just know more about pot than pretty much anyone out there
I'm telling you you aren't a calculated businessman because the relation between you getting robbed and you being involved in illegal business is not low. It's pretty high. Someone bursting into your house and running away with 4 grand usually means they knew what your place had. This means they 1. Knew where you lived, and 2. Knew you were probably dumb enough to stash it in your own home. Tell me where that assumption fails (by its own merits -- don't invoke retardation or faulty statistics, here).

And I assumed you were still in the illegal business because you gave no indication otherwise. And it doesn't bother me that you can rival my profits because you can't do it without taking on unsustainable risk long-term.

You're invoking a lot of hollow arguments against legitimate concerns. In real life, btw, I'm plenty mature (otherwise I wouldn't be where I am today). How I act on the forum is completely unrelated. My points were made to you as warning, because most people have a very ****ty understanding of risk (which you've shown as demonstratively true given your statements in this thread). You can choose to accept or ignore said warnings. Since you're not in the illegal business anymore anyway, we don't even need to continue this.
Old 11-7-2010, 05:38 PM   #54
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Your assumptions fail only in the fact that I can't disclose details. I have to be very careful the way I have this argument, so I can't fully explain how horrible the whole situation really is.

I just hate cockiness, and the fact that people will always discredit my natural talent to learn anything and be able to do it right away or people laughing at my achievements when I started with 80 bucks and a dream.

As far as legitimate concern for risk, I'm done taking any risks and have been done for multiple days. I have been planning a full scale move to get out of the business for months, saving up to the big finish, and then got held back a bit and pretty much forced myself out. Beginning my postings here again marked the beginning of actively educating as many people as I can.

Last edited by bender5; 11-7-2010 at 05:41 PM..
Old 11-7-2010, 05:45 PM   #55
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Seeing as you failed to address any of the actual points I brought forth, you can't dismiss what I said as cockiness when what I said involved legitimate points based on evidence -- things YOU yourself have said on this forum. Again, point out where the merits of the statements fail. I don't care how "calculated" you say you are or "what the situation is" -- you never, ever stash anything at home, and especially not at a home that people know about. This is just plain common sense and you don't need a college degree to know that.

I don't discredit natural talent, and hell I don't even have anything against marijuana. I personally think the current laws are largely ridiculous.
Old 11-7-2010, 06:11 PM   #56
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

That's why I'm moving, I operated in the safest way possible and did a very good job doing so. Things fell apart right at the end, but I'll never consider myself a drug dealer because I never once sold a drug. Obviously there are risks you have to take, and taking them is a bad idea, I don't stroke your ego for being correct because I've come to the terms of what's at hand long before this conversation.

You get too defensive when people point out the fact that you love proving you're better than everyone, which I'll admit in 99% of the circumstances you're in will probably be true, I'm exactly the same way, and my original point was posting that I'm self educated rather than being instructed on the way the world works. You don't need a college degree to do ANYTHING. I can get any job I want, I just need to work my way into the right places.
Old 11-7-2010, 06:24 PM   #57
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Where do you currently work / what do you do, Rubix?
Old 11-7-2010, 06:29 PM   #58
karatesab
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to karatesab Send a message via MSN to karatesab

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkrieg- View Post
I go to a local state school right now but I'm looking to transfer to either Syracuse or Missouri. Majoring in Journalism so either of those schools would work well. Just not sure yet.
I go to Syracuse right now (for Chemical Engineering), but our Journalism major is really good. (:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
karatesab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-7-2010, 06:31 PM   #59
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Uh, how is anything I said defensive? Again, point this crap out because you keep dodging ****. You're the one who got defensive -- all you had to say right off the bat was "I know this is true, and I'm currently not involved in that business anymore." Instead, you decided to argue back trying to invoke "pseudointellectualism/ego" crap against arguments that were valid about your illegal activities and risks. Then you tried to imply I was not as business-savvy when I showed you how my credentials prove otherwise.

You can't get any job you want without a college degree. You'd have a hard time getting an interview at most places without a degree, and even if you got the interview, it's going to be hard to compete against those who are educated. You could try to self-study, but it'll take you a lot longer to find the correct information yourself and to really master it. Colleges have resources and opportunities -- trying to discredit those things is just silly.

If you think I am wrong, then try getting a job in my industry at the same pay grade. I guarantee you won't be able to -- no matter how much self-study you go under.
Old 11-7-2010, 06:34 PM   #60
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Guys this thread is about college/university, not about your salary
Make another thread or something

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote