Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-9-2009, 07:59 PM   #41
operationstrawbarry
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to operationstrawbarry Send a message via MSN to operationstrawbarry
Default Re: DARK CHANCELLORS PACK RELEASED (formerly rfpack2)

(Necros) Ongyilkos Vasarnap = surprised this isn't an xmod

Some of these files are good and some are just to dumpy or seems like a dumpfest for me. Maybe Im just not that great at SMO or anything, but still, good pack. Played most of the songs and did decently on them. Unfortunatly some of the files Ill never play but still... Good job on the pack. And ****ing finally you guys are done. It seriously did not need to take this long.

Lots of very good MP3's Im going to take away from this.

Speaking of playing games, Im going back to play Ar Tonelico 2. Surprised theres a song in this pack for it.

Last edited by operationstrawbarry; 02-9-2009 at 08:04 PM..
operationstrawbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 08:14 PM   #42
Mr. Bob
FFR Player

wtf is with the file foot ratings haha
Mr. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 08:37 PM   #43
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Rainbow File and Mine Abuse Pack.

File quality was superb but I think you guys went a bit overboard with those, rofl.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 08:42 PM   #44
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Oh look a pack.

Time to play stepmania again.
dashoe93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 09:15 PM   #45
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow

Send a message via AIM to Redorigami Send a message via MSN to Redorigami Send a message via Yahoo to Redorigami

Some epic songs in this I expect good things
DLing
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadNv View Post
Got dibs on La Camp.
Oh right, Im not any good.
Got dibs on Pita.
Redorigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 09:18 PM   #46
Djr Rap dancer
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bob View Post
wtf is with the file foot ratings haha
its a good idea....i think i will do same for now.
Djr Rap dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 09:47 PM   #47
Oubliette
FFR Player

this pack is great, the majority of the files I really enjoyed. btw the foot ratings will be something that will take a while for me to get used to. great pack.
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-9-2009, 10:20 PM   #48
FN_gnr
FFR Player

first full review hee hee

(Puppet) A Lie
My file.

(Chodasaibaka) Anisakis
Heavy:* Generic jumpstream to a beatmania song, complete with hands this just feels like a conversion or something.* Nothing replayable or exciting about it, not especially good for scoring.
Beginner:* 48th bursts are basically bs.* Again, nothing of note in this chart except that it is hard and has bs bursts.* Great.

(Zelda) Banbutsu Kairaku Riron
Cool song, awesome steps.* I'm kind of addicted to this file =(.* Some very interesting stuff here and its replayable and fun as hell, nice job.

(Amy) Battle with Saruin
Inventive use of mines throughout, color notes/jacks add a challenge.* Did not care much for ending color roll even though it fits climactically I guess.* Just awkward to hit and feels inaccurate.* Overall very fun file, one of my favorites in the pack for sure.

(Jimerax) Bedtime Story
Challenge:* Love the song, file gets a bit tedious and some patterns are iffy but it's great for scoring and overall a lot of fun.* Some part toward the end with 32nd triplets when the song is super chill is very gay IMO but overall successful file.* Mines are a nice touch and color note sections are fun.

(Stargroup) Bullet Timing
Challenge: Nothing note-worthy until around the point where the preview music starts. The color note solo is pretty cool and fun. I dislike all the mines and most of the freeze usage in this, however, and as an overall file lacks fun factor and replay value.*

(GLoVE) Cities of the Future
Heavy:* Beautifully structured, tons of fun.* Never would have guessed a good file could come from this tbh.* Trills are great and make this a keeper for the scorebored.* The little flourish bursts repeat to the point where they are extremely bad habit forming (I can no longer FC this because of the beginning), but that is a minor complaint.

(Amy) Clock Tower Stage
Short file, basically perfectly stepped.* Would be boring to play if it was longer but it's great as it is.* Freezes and jacks used expertly throughout, rainbow notes are a good scoring element and feel accurate.

(Puppet) Cockpit
My file.

(Kommisar) Cosmic Orchestra
This is the best file you've made IMO.* Terrific song choice, stepped with a very nice difficulty progression and great jack (and freeze ) placement overall.* Could maybe use a harder chart with more layering but this is fine as is.* Suffers mildly from overlength and repetition, nothing major but it's unfortunately hard not to get slightly bored at the end..

(Ferrari vs. Stargroup vs. Puppet) Criss Cross
Our file.

(Chodasaibaka) Cross Time
Challenge:* Not a big fan of this one.* It's a perfectly acceptable file I guess, but the song is admittedly generic and the steps are sort of nothing-special.* Disagree with layering choices throughout and intensity of steps doesn't always match the song well.* Missed swing and a lot of interesting sounds always irks me too but i know why people do it :>

(Exige + Rebirth) Cyber Force
Old school kind of file, decent I guess.* I don't really see the replay value here as the song is pretty boring and the steps are basically just 16th notes lol.

(Yesssss) Davno Hotel Skazat
Beginner:* Disposable but cool jazz file.* Not much replay value as its just a straightforward MA chart but still perfectly enjoyable to sit through once or twice.* Disagree with some freeze lengths and the mine usage throughout, details details.

(dondon151) Demystify Feast
Touhou as fuc but this one is hard lol.* This is structured okay and the jumpstream and jacks are pretty fun, some 32nd patterns are ridiculously annoying though.* I AAA to 1200 combo pretty consistently then get a ****ton of greats and cb's from the ending bursts lol.* Still difficulty means this is megawhorable.

(Exige) Divine Service
Easy file.* No complaints with this as it is fun and is structured nicely.* Chill file to sit through once or twice or when feeling stepmania lethargic, otherwise pretty disposable.

(Tsuka) Don't Make Me Wild Like You
Challenge:* First half is quite fun if not the most accurate file ever. Jumpstream patterns and rolls are mostly enjoyable, song is catchy. Eventually had to quit out though because the entire second half is just repeating generic short jumpstreams =(.

(Yesssss) Dragon's Eye
Chill song, some cool stepping decisions (jacks in 48th bursts fit pretty well).* Great for scoring as well as there's lots of little places throughout that will mess people up and make them replay lol.* Complaints are that the bursts and polyrhythm patterns are too hard for the intensity of the song and patterns in general are often annoying.* Also I don't really get the mines.

(Yesssss) Dream Pattern
I don't care for this song much (ironic I guess considering all the Nakagawa I've stepped), but the steps are well done and accurate. No replay value and it's not exactly what anyone would call "fun," but it's a good inclusion for beginners etc. Also mines like this are cute but are way to ****in intense for this song/file.

(Jimerax) Driving Blare
Challenge:* Fun file, well-stepped and great for scoring.* Nice song as well.* Layering of so many sounds (rainbow notes + 16th tambourine things throughout) makes this pretty cluster****ed and occasionally brutal, but its a good challenge and still enjoyable.

(Stargroup + Jimerax) Drove Through Ghosts To Get Here
X-Mod:* Synced beautifully, rainbow notes are pretty good, speed progression works well for the mood of the song throughout even though I am terrible at reading the slow parts haha.* Minitrills are very annoying, some burst patterns are pretty awkward, especially when used with freezes toward the end.* I get what you were doing with those but it's just not any fun.* When the song gets really climactic and there's a bunch of random 16th jacks leading into quads for no reason other than layering it wrecks the flow as well.* Overall epic one-play file on x-mod, c-mod is probably replayable for scores but I wouldn't enjoy doing it.

(Puppet vs. Kommisar) Epileptic Crisis
Our file.

(Kneegrow) Ergosphere
Love the song, like the file.* Could have been a bit harder overall but that's a small complaint.* Steps flow very nicely and fit the song well.* Ending mines add a unique challenge and keep it from being generic jumpstream which is cool.* Still there seems to be an inherent problem with mines that are simultaneously difficult to avoid (aka should be intentionally ignored to be playable) and placed in such a way that they're supposed to be looked at (aka, going to sounds and are even pitch-relevant).* Still, details.* This is a lot of fun and I'll be replaying it.

(Dew) Express Love
Kind of generic Eurobeat song/file for me.* 32nd rolls and color note beginning are a lot of fun, but it doesn't go much of anywhere after that.* The jumpstream is way too intense for the sounds it is going to and the song in general IMO, makes it feel clustered and awkward to play.* Wasn't very impressed overall.

(dondon151) Fake
Challenge:* This is great.* Jumpstreams are fun, beginning and ending bits are cool despite copypaste, the 24ths+16ths stream is crazy fun and gives this a lot of replay value.* Jacks in the ending are a good scoring element and lack dumb [12][24][12] turn jumps that are easy to boo rush.* Only complaint is the beginning burst + jack is ridiculously hard comparatively and is really awkward to hit.* Not deducting though because I might just suck haha.

(Puppet) Fallen Angel
My file.

(Charlotte) False Merchen
Easy but this one is unique at least. Jacks placed well, 48ths and little trills are tough to MA, making this a race-to-quad kind of file. Teal-syndrome jumpstream is pretty cool looking as well.

(Kil) Final Battle
To be honest I don't really understand this one lol. It's a decently fun, easy MA file, however, despite the song being boring.

(dondon151) For Seasons
Not a fan. Very long, boring file for the most part, lots of long freezes. Nothing held my interest or was very memorable/replayable here.

(t0rajir0u) Fuurin
This is a good scoring file. Minijacks are fun and make the file replayable even if they aren't that accurate. 11221122 is extremely annoying but a decent scoring factor. I don't enjoy the beginning gallops though as I can't think of much musical justification for them and they are just generally annoying to hit lol. Also the opening mines are ridiculous >.<

(dondon151) Gun's & Roses
Song is annoying and way too long/easyfile for me. Sorry for not writing more but I genuinely don't even remember that much of this D:

(Puppet) Hop Hop Donut lifts
My file.

(Linus) I'm so Drunk
Lol song, very unique file. At this speed the jacks are very fun and not too hard, but they just keep coming so it's great for endurance-building/jack practice and is overall good for scoring. Suffers badly from overlength, as the entire song pretty much just repeats it seems like and the steps obviously don't have enough variation to keep interest. Wanted to quit out a few times because of that.

(Kommisar + Linus) Infinity
One of my favorites in the pack, this is a keeper. Hard file, lots of good scoring elements incorporated (jumptrills, freeze reading, jacks, jumpchains, fast jumpstream), and long enough to be draining and a good warmup while never really getting boring. My complaints are a few freeze + same hand patterns that are awkward to read and/or hit and the ridiculous up jack bit that is really easy to boo rush. Overall fun file with tons of replay potential.

(Malice) Kaanibaru No Shudai Niyoru Ningyou Notamenoibitsuna Kyousoukyoku
Nice song lol, very nice steps. It's chill as hell when the song is chill as hell and the hard parts come in at just the right moments and aren't overtly awkward or difficult. Ending jack is a nice touch and I felt hands were placed very well throughout.

(IamMe) Konoko
Weird but pretty cool song, steps were fun as well. Unfortunately there's nothing that stands out a whole lot about this and it feels like something that will be forgotten in a few weeks. Can't complain much about the steps themselves except the quad jack feels very out of place and a tad too strong for the music there.

(Puppet vs. Cetaka) Lawn Wake IX
Our file.

(Dew) Love-colored Master Spark
Touhou file, but again not bad. Piano stuff and all the 12th sections were awesome. Song was even tolerable. Problem is that this has very little replay potential and it gets repetitive/boring due to near extreme length for this level of difficulty.

(Patashu) Marbles
I really really like a lot of this except for a freeze section in the middle where not only are all these unnecessary sounds made to be freezes, but all of them are way too long and that whole part is really awkward. Otherwise good file, good song, decent for scoring too.

(Kil) Marine Drive
I secretly like this song and think this file is really fun.

(dondon151) Max Love
More generic steps to a beatmania song lol, you gotta expand your steppin library son D=. Easy, kind of boring file, annoying song as well. Some mines are good, some are gay and don't quite fit (triple mines on the other side of longfreezes).

(Dew) Necrofantasia
Keep quitting out of this one when a hundred right to left 32nd bursts come up. Honestly I think the last thing we need is a Touhou rock song with some jumpstream and right to left 32nd rolls lol.

(behanjc) Negative Nature
Nice song, steps fit the different moods pretty well. Freezes and mines placed nicely and not abused. Trills are synced well and give this a lot of replay value as an MA file/tricky AAA. Don't know what else to say about this haha it's a solid near-debut SM file and I had fun n.n

(Necros) Ongyilkos Vasarnap
The shortened version of this is great IMO. Perfect balance of easy and hard, very nice length for the overall difficulty level. Steps reflect the percussion nicely. Only concern is the mines all feel unnecessary and pretty much unhittable anyway.

(IamMe) Open Your Mind
Challenge: A lot of very annoying bits with jumptrills + freezes and the ending is ridiculous. Still extremely whorable scoring file and the opening streams are fun -_-

(Puppet) Oriental Inspiration
My file. Play standard lol

(dondon151) Over the Ocean
Fun file, admittedly I haven't played Malice's. This is one of the first song's you've stepped that I actually like haha. Ignored swing and some cool sounds as usual, works ok though. Long freezes in the chorus are the only really annoying part of the song but still bearable.

(Stargroup) Plastic Method
Challenge: Not a fan of conversions in general. Still a solid MA file and the ending jumpstream is decently fun. Song is cool too. The 24th jumptrill or whatever it is between that freeze is gay. The patterns in the ending jumpjacks are filled with turns and are gay as well, I kept getting scores like 19 perfects and 8 boos on this.

(dondon151) Player
Have I mentioned this song is cool? File is decent, feels accurate and is pretty fun overall. Some cool little things too like the shortening minifreezes. Rap section needs moar minijacks

(Patashu) Pluto
Challenge: Fun, simple file. BPM doubling/halving is effective for the song. Jumps are good for the intensity level but are never too awkward or hard. Can't find much to complain about other than a slight generic feeling.

(Patashu) Radical Faith
All right this was really fun but it gets a bit tiresome at the end (fault of song mainly). Liked jack placement and 32nd patterns were all enjoyable. Didn't get the significance of any of the mines except for the ending ones and the trill one between the [14] jumpjack which was cool.

(Patashu) Right Now
Fun as hell and an awesome song too (shh!). Some parts feel a bit "clunky" I guess, mainly the beginning where it is clearly straight-layered which resulted in a bunch of hands when the music is super mellow. Also the mines didn't really fit IMO. Freeze placement was pretty cool though I would have liked a lot of them to be shorter.

(HST) Shin Onigashima
Pretty much nailed it. Didn't like the song a whole lot (kind of annoying and repetitive), but the steps are great. Spins in the ending rule and some of the freezes/hands are nice touches as well. Deceptively simple, fun file overall.

(Patashu) Shoot 'Em All
Good scoring file. As usual a lot of awkwardness from freezes (had trouble following most of these anyway). Jacks are a blast and I actually enjoyed how mines were used for the most part, except when they were kind of randomly thrown in during the long freeze part ?_?

(Puppet) Sin
My file. I like this though and da mines are ol' school (aka not decorative O.O)

(IamMe) Six
Ugh I don't like this file at all haha. Feels awkward and inaccurate, the song is terribad, and it's basically just trills and no real cool layering x.X

(MacGravel) Skeletones
Hate this one as well. Really long, really boring (wow 16th notes to an orange dust song...-.-), I've quit out all 2 times I've played it. Gimmicks look pretty but this is not a file to enjoy playing.

(Synexi vs. Stargroup) Smooooch
No stargroup in the cdtitle :P
Heavy: Quit out after the first note because I figured you would use those ****in 192nd freezes for every damn hand in the file which is really gay for this song (u think this is some jazz noob).
Challenge: Wow i was under the impression someone had made a huge change to my fixes but this is pretty much exactly as I left it. Sorry about all the mines guys : D

(Kneegrow) Space
Can't see anything wrong with this, it's stepped pretty much perfectly and there's some really cool stuff here. Problem is that it has no replay value whatsoever haha but it's ok to sit through once.

(Puppet) Starship.6
My file i am a stepmania rebel for making this.

(IamMe) Stream of Consciousness
Hmm pretty good job avoiding freeze abuse in the percussion, it'd be easy to fall into that trap with a song like this. Still I don't like this file lol. For starters, it is exceptionally long (marathons better be hella entertaining), and the steps simply aren't interesting enough to merit the length. The minifreezes in parts of the solo are incredibly obnoxious and pretty unnecessary as well. The main problem I have though is that 90% of the file is extremely boring. Except for a 30 second super hard rainbow guitar solo with impossible left jacks, this is just 5+ minutes of quad fodder and long freezes, which I have a lot of trouble sitting through.

(HST) Survivor
Weird obscure song, but I like it. Steps are cool as well and kept me entertained for most of the song's length, though admittedly by the end of it I get pretty bored haha. Also the 64th gallops are incredibly subtle in the music but just plain abrasive in terms of hitting accurately; otherwise solid.

(GLoVE) Taking Back My Soul
My favorite file in the pack, probably. Epic. Again, perfectly structured and the difficulty progression is great. Handstream is a lot of fun despite [13][24] trills because they fit nicely and don't interrupt the flow. Jacks at this speed are a lot of fun as well and when they are not abused to Born extents they fit perfectly into a file. Trill is good as a scoring element, rainbow solos flow nicely, this file just plain has it all.

(behanjc) The Biggest Band
Another strong debut for behan, I'm especially impressed at you're implementation of freezes despite all your stepping history being at FFR. This isn't exactly a replayable file and I don't find it very fun, but technically it's nice and it's probably good for MA scoring.

(Jimerax) The Least 100 Seconds
One of the best in the pack probably. Solo could be patterned less awkwardly and with less PR, but overall I like this a lot. Mines are a nice touch here as well.

(Puppet) Thunderclap
My file.

(Patashu) Tripping Contact
I know the 64th/3rd JS wasn't your idea but it's a unique challenge because it is just barely timeable. Separates the men from the boys >: )
Apparently the 32nds are really fun and easy (cetaka) but I can't hit those kinds of staircase patterns and I think they could be a lot friendlier given the difficulty of the rest of the file.

(Ferarri) Valkyrja
Amazin :P

(Kommisar) What you Need
I find this file very boring and repetitive, lacks replay value entirely. I mean its just 140 bpm 16th notes how exciting can it get? Scratch freezes were cool in the beginning but quickly become annoying when they fill up the whole file and you can barely hear them.

(DJ_Ossa) White Destiny
Long freezes + same-hand jacks and long freeze polyrhythms in mellow parts of the song are very annoying. Some mines are cool, others are still too easily hit, which is again annoying for a song like this that should flow very smoothly. 24th runs work pretty well. Overall nothing really exciting or replayable here.
Old 02-9-2009, 10:30 PM   #49
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

This pack is real fun. I'm really liking that song Necrofantasia lmao

But yeah, tight pack. I've yet to play all the songs though
Old 02-10-2009, 03:15 AM   #50
Nu0n
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Nu0n

I have the old Red Fraction Pack 2, and I am downloading this now. It is probably going to be really good! I will post again with ratings and such.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #51
retching oesophagus
(^._.^) =^-ω-^= (^・o・^)ノ
FFR Veteran

just dl'd. nice pack
retching oesophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:27 AM   #52
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

wow those are detailed reviews gnr

ps lol account
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #53
ThanhSakiSuki
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ThanhSakiSuki

This pack, even thought it was well done, was tooooo technical for my liking. Maybe I just suck too much at Stepmania to enjoy these files.
ThanhSakiSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #54
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

lmao this pack
technical
lmao
X.X

also yeah i did like half the reviews while the pack was bein made + not having to play the files helps
Old 02-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #55
TwilightPrincess
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I've been waiting forever for this pack to come out... Even as early as... It was conceived before my very eyes on the way old Red Fraction Forums? And I guess this is finally it... The end product. I'm downloading this as we speak. Thanks, kommi.

TwilightPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #56
buizel8888
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to buizel8888 Send a message via MSN to buizel8888

fav. file thus far is Max Love. Only played like 15 files though

the ken nakagawa files in this pack really disappointed me, all of them.
Valkyrja was my favorite of the 4 tho
<+lurker> if i want porno music
<+lurker> i'll listen to the sonic 3 ost
<%SSH|Korysar> LMFAO
<sjoecool1991> ahaha
buizel8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #57
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

Is it too late to submit something to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #58
Djr Rap dancer
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR View Post
Is it too late to submit something to this?
lol lmao XD
yes
Djr Rap dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #59
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

read the thread title. released =<
kommisar[os] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:40 PM   #60
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

your funny psycho O.o
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote