Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #41
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Unofficial Fitness Thread.

1380 calories is way too low, bro...I cut on like 2100 calories and I have similar stats as you (I'm 6 ft. - 216 lbs at the moment)

And making sure to get more protein in you when cutting is important. Want to maintain as much muscle mass as possible. I for one go by the 1 g of protein/lb rule...
Old 01-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #42
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore

Protein really does do you well.
I'm 5'9" 210lbs
I eat shit load of Protein (On accident mostly)
I have almost no fat to my body.. (Although I don't look exactly like TK_hero I'm still pretty muscular >.>)

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49
8 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:12 AM   #43
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore View Post
I'm 5'9" 210lbs
Old 01-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #44
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnnicol View Post
Why so Skeptical Hippo?

Old 01-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #45
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
1380 calories is way too low, bro...I cut on like 2100 calories and I have similar stats as you (I'm 6 ft. - 216 lbs at the moment)

And making sure to get more protein in you when cutting is important. Want to maintain as much muscle mass as possible. I for one go by the 1 g of protein/lb rule...
Why would it be too low? You may have similar stats in terms of weight/height but my body fat % is likely way higher than yours (I don't have very good strength/muscle mass), and so I figure most of my problem is that I eat too much.

I think I may have botched up my calculations, too. Technically I have to figure out how much of the deficit should come from eating less and how much of the deficit comes from moving more, and so the actual figure's at somewhere between 1380 and 2480 (but ultimately I think the net intake of energy needs to be 1380 once food and exercise are taken into account).

Actually it does seem rather low... I'll have to think on this. Something's screwy, somewhere. I know the underlying math is sound but I am working my numbers incorrectly somewhere.

Last edited by Reincarnate; 01-14-2011 at 09:29 AM..
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #46
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
Don't drink pop, don't eat fast food, walk anywhere you're going near your house, work the fat off your stomach with core exercises that are very slow and keep going until you've been burning for a minute. When you're done have a 250ml milk.

Also, if you body build... don't. You wont lose weight that way.
havent had soda in a year and i have fast food once a wee(splurge on payday) i do enough walking at work. doing this is how i originally lost 50 pounds last year you're telling me to do things already knew and have been doing =/

guess i should stop having so much alcohol though thats probably messing me up a good bit rofl

correction on the no soda for a year. i havent had just soda in a year. soda is great with alcohol so...

Last edited by who_cares973; 01-14-2011 at 09:42 AM..
who_cares973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #47
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

You make it sound like you're 20%+ BF (which you're not, 'cos I creeped your photos on FB lmao)

They say to subtract 500 calories from your maintenance (so in your case, roughly 1900 calories - which sounds more accurate) and you should be set for weight loss. Try lowering carbohydrates and upping your protein intake as well

Anyway, probably better to wait on OP 'cos I'm not a PT or anything lol. Just posting my take on weight loss 'cos I went from 220 to 200 a few months back. Building back up now

WC - how often you drinking?
Old 01-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #48
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
guess i should stop having so much alcohol though thats probably messing me up a good bit rofl
This would help tremendously ^.^

Old 01-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #49
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

i drink maybe once a month but when i drink i drink
Old 01-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #50
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
You make it sound like you're 20%+ BF (which you're not, 'cos I creeped your photos on FB lmao)

They say to subtract 500 calories from your maintenance (so in your case, roughly 1900 calories - which sounds more accurate) and you should be set for weight loss. Try lowering carbohydrates and upping your protein intake as well

Anyway, probably better to wait on OP 'cos I'm not a PT or anything lol. Just posting my take on weight loss 'cos I went from 220 to 200 a few months back. Building back up now

WC - how often you drinking?
probably am 25%+ -- I have a lot of fat in the midsection, haha. I wouldn't be caught dead with my shirt off. So when you say, for example, 1900 calories, how much would I actually eat vs. how much would I lose through exercise, etc?
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #51
who_cares973
FFR Player

this is the site i used to keep track of everything as well as an app i found on the android market to keep track of my cardio exercises when i was super into it last year. helped out a lot when it came to keeping track of everything

http://caloriecount.about.com/
Old 01-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #52
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post
Edit this into your first posts:

http://www.liamrosen.com/fitness.html

It pretty much covers everything you ****in need for everything
hey read this

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #53
who_cares973
FFR Player

im trying to make my muscles bigger not my brain. get those words outta here
Old 01-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #54
Jokee
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Jokee

I wouldn't take too much advice from this guy.

Fat doesn't transform in muscle. You burn fat and you build muscle. It happens simultaneously but fat doesn't become muscle.

Creatine is really bad for your liver. You need to do some research before taking any supplement just because some dude on a forum told you to. If you do take creatine, you shouldn't drink alcohol.

I don't know how heavy he means when he says lift heavy. But lifting "heavy" everyday for a month is a sure way to overtrain. Your body needs rest. I'd say when you can squat around 1.5x your body weight it starts becoming heavy. If you lift heavy, take a rest day between 2 workouts.

If you want to get big muscles AND/OR lose fat, do barbell exercises; squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press, barbell rows. Why? Barbells are the type of exercise that allow you to lift the more weight. Heavier = Bigger muscles. Squats train your arms, abs and all the muscles in your back, same for deadlift. This gives you a better posture at the same time. Overhead press works your back shoulders, pecs, triceps, forearms, etc, balancing the muscle growth from bench press so you don't end up hunch over.

The bigger your muscles, the more calories you burn while doing nothing. Muscles need to bed fed too. Thus, building muscles makes you lose fat.

Also, barbell exercises build all your stabilizer muscles, the ones around your joints, giving you stronger joints and ligaments and also prevent injuries.

Plus, when you train with machines, you push the weight in a fixed movement. That is not good for posture, therefore it can cause injuries. And since the weight is balanced, the strength you build on machines is not all practical strength. It won't transfer to real life situations like lifting a heavy box or something.

I know OP is trying to help here and it is really kind of him, but IMO his advice is just bro tips.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:08 AM   #55
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

Everyone work out until rhabdo, shit's so cash.
AsphyxZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #56
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

@Jokee: I was going to call him out on the "fat transforming into muscle" thing too, but I couldn't be assed, so respek. Can't say I fully agree with your "lose fat, gain muscle simultaneously" statement though. I think it's very possible if your diet is near perfect, but for a good majority of us, I doubt that'll be the case

Definitely agree with you on doing all the compound exercises (squats, deadlifts, bench press, rows). I personally like working with dumbbells for flat bench

Dunno 'bout the creatine thing either. I haven't tried it yet but was thinking of starting it up in a month or two. From what I've seen, as long as you're not an idiot and don't take like 30 grams of the stuff (opposed to the recommended 2-5 grams), you should be fine. It's almost like when people say protein powder is bad for your kidneys lolol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
probably am 25%+ -- I have a lot of fat in the midsection, haha. I wouldn't be caught dead with my shirt off. So when you say, for example, 1900 calories, how much would I actually eat vs. how much would I lose through exercise, etc?
Even if you're skinny-fat, there's no way in hell you're 25%+. Probably 18-20% tops (of course, assuming you haven't put on a lot of fat since those pics on FB haha). Not quite sure on what you're asking concerning calories...?

Last edited by mnnicol; 01-15-2011 at 01:14 PM..
mnnicol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #57
Andrew Mitchell
Banned
FFR Veteran

how many donots do i have to eat to get me some of that american bulk you guys are massive and amazing
Andrew Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #58
Bill Kaulitz
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay View Post
how too lose weight without moving?
This made me lol bad.

♪ ♥ ♥ ♪

Bill Kaulitz is offline   Reply With Quote