Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 11:07 PM   #41
OnixRose
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Halo 3 Next Tuesday!

preordered 3 legendary copies, I don't own a 360...

1000% supporter of FFR character additions
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
FFR should implement a form of CAPTCHA that filters out not only spambots but also retards.
OnixRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:18 PM   #42
AeonShadow

Send a message via AIM to AeonShadow Send a message via MSN to AeonShadow Send a message via Yahoo to AeonShadow Send a message via Skype™ to AeonShadow

Looks like a good game, and I really cant wait for it..... Already preorderd mine!
AeonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:30 PM   #43
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Lair is pretty cool.

My friend with the PS3 has also met their producers, which was also really neat.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:30 AM   #44
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

I cannot believe how many times you are going to misinterpret what I say.

My numbers aren't wrong and they aren't fallacies. The entire point was to try to explain that Halo isn't life because if it were, more people would know about it or care about it.

Yes, way to go showing African natives who don't know what Halo is. You're also leaving out soccer moms living in New York City, gamers in Tokyo, MMO freaks in Korea, and literally billions of other people. But go ahead and stereotype the Africans, cuz that's really cool you know.

I can't understand why you think it matters that gamers know what Halo is. Yes, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a gamer in America who doesn't know what Halo is. That still doesn't explain why only 9 million people own Halo worldwide. Think about it. The PS2 has sold over 110 million units. That means there are at least 110 million gamers in the world. 9 million out of 110 million is pathetic. What's worse is that not all gamers even own a PS2 (I didn't until just recently).

Hooray! 9 million people bought Halo 2 and it's the most popular game on the Xbox! That's FANTASTIC. You know how many people bought Super Mario Bros.? 40 million. You know how many people know who Mario is? I'd say 1-2 BILLION.

Let's keep going, shall we? Tetris -- 33 million. Pokemon (GB) -- 28 million (GBC) - 15 million (GBA) -- 30 million (DS) 10 million. Even Nintendogs has sold more units than Halo 1 and 2 COMBINED. The GTAs on PS2 sold 36 million units together.

Halo 2 ranks 18th on the best-selling non-bundled console games list. 18th. There are 17 more popular games than Halo 2. The original Halo isn't even ranked and that game was way better than Halo 2. Why did Halo 2 sell better? I wish I knew. Where else in history does a sequel sell better than its predecessor? Oh, right, it's when the game is designed solely for multiplayer so you can pay $50 a year just to teabag your little 12-year old friends playing an M-rated game.

Halo 2 is just as bad as Counter Strike in the large scale of things. There are a bunch of fanboys who refuse to play any other game despite the fact that Counter Strike is incredibly pathetic. You're the exact same way. There are other FPSes out there. Better ones. You can play them online against other people and have lots of fun. But you continue to return to Halo time and time again. I'll never understand it.

Go buy Unreal Tournament 2004. You can get it for $5 now. Then you'll understand what a multiplayer-based FPS should be like.

And since when am I a balding 80-year old man with a beer gut? My picture is on this site somewhere you know.

Also, there's no reason to bring my site status into this. It's a debate, not a pissing contest.

Last edited by Squeek; 09-22-2007 at 12:32 AM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:46 AM   #45
zidart
FFR Player

i can't argue with squeek numbers this time, (i read gameinformers most of those numbers are right). but well i guess is not a bad game either.

squeek what do you mean with "9 million out of 110 million is pathetic" ? (i ask so i don't misinterpret what you say)

Last edited by zidart; 09-22-2007 at 12:50 AM..
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:06 AM   #46
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
tl;dr
Dude you're taking this way to far.

Get over it. Also he wasn't an african native, he's a caveman.

Meh, I decided to read some of it. I'll keep this brief so you don't bust a vein over trying to look smarter in a 'debate'- First of all, the games you've listed have had time to increase to such amazing amounts. I don't think I have to mention to you that the second reason for that is because the games you've listed are all rated everyone. (Aside from Unreal Tournament, which doesn't count because it ****ing sucks balls compared to the original and you don't have to be a fan to know that.

Of course ultimately GTA sold more units than Halo because more people own playstation 2 than they do Xbox (360 or no). That doesn't change the fact that Halo 2 sold approximately almost half a million more units on opening day than GTA:San Andreas did.

I'm going to ignore the fact that you mentioned Tetris, because that's on every system that has ever existed. ****, it's on my cell phone dude wanna play? And Pokemon? Lol, have you forgotten that the Halo games are exclusive to the Xbox and PC systems? Jump off a bridge.

Halo 3 sets preorder sales records. It's the fastest sold game ever and it's not even released yet. Not to mention it's rated Mature. You can't top that dude, so don't even try and go shave your back while you're at it, baldy.

Also

Quote:
Halo 2 is just as bad as Counter Strike in the large scale of things. There are a bunch of fanboys who refuse to play any other game despite the fact that Counter Strike is incredibly pathetic. You're the exact same way. There are other FPSes out there. Better ones. You can play them online against other people and have lots of fun. But you continue to return to Halo time and time again. I'll never understand it.
You square, lmao. Did I not already mention that Half-Life was better? Maybe you should teach yourself some comprehension skills, Professor FFR.

PM me if you find the secret.

Last edited by DigitalS3r4ph; 09-22-2007 at 01:27 AM..
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:20 AM   #47
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidart View Post
i can't argue with squeek numbers this time, (i read gameinformers most of those numbers are right). but well i guess is not a bad game either.

squeek what do you mean with "9 million out of 110 million is pathetic" ? (i ask so i don't misinterpret what you say)
I mean this. Super Mario Bros. Sure, it's a classic and all, but still.

There were only 60 million NESes sold worldwide. 2/3rds of all people who owned an NES had that game.

It's the same with the Pokemon series. Over half of all owners of the console had a Pokemon game. Can you believe that? Do you honestly think there are that many RPG fans, or is Pokemon just a really good game?

9/25 million and the most popular game of the console. Barely over a third of all Xbox owners had Halo 2. Hmm.

Sure, this trend continues across the board. 6/21 million for Super Smash Brothers and 13/110 million for GTA Vice City. Ouch.

The point is the world isn't limited to 110 million people. And even among those 110 million people, it just goes to show that at least 101 million gamers don't consider Halo a good enough game to go out and buy it.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:30 AM   #48
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
The point is the world isn't limited to 110 million people. And even among those 110 million people, it just goes to show that at least 101 million gamers don't consider Halo a good enough game to go out and buy it.
More like they don't have Xboxs'. It's alright though dude, like you said, Soccer moms can only afford to buy their kids only one game system.

ps
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...a&word2=Squeek

Old 09-22-2007, 01:46 AM   #49
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulofcerberus View Post
Wait for the stupid game to come out before proclaiming it as God's gift to mankind.
I have?

Did I not already say this?
Quote:
Now personally I think the original Half-Life is the best FPS of all time, but Halo 3 is definitely a contender...Just have to wait and see what it brings to the online table.

Anyways, I'm oggling over the fact that...It's going to have the ability to make, edit, and share in-game movies, as well as giving me the ability to play the campaign with three other friends, and it's even going to have a mode similiar to Gary's mod that'll let me set stuff down and mess with the maps Having all three of that has never been heard of before in a console game, and rarely even in a PC game.

Last edited by DigitalS3r4ph; 09-22-2007 at 01:50 AM..
Old 09-22-2007, 02:00 AM   #50
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gUyS oN FfR
halo 3 is the best no its not yes it is LOL
It's called opinions. Some will buy it, others won't. Some will jerk their dick off to it, others won't.

I for one, will jerk my dick off to it :so ver cool brb cigs:
macgravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:23 AM   #51
The Great Shake
FFR Player

WoW Squeek is such a prick. He is basically saying halo 3 is a bad game that a good majority of people like, instead of saying its a game that has a lot of fans but hes not part of that group. I think Halo has an epic story line and that is prolly why Peter Jackson wants to work on the halo movie, because he directs epic and good movies.

Last edited by The Great Shake; 09-22-2007 at 02:26 AM..
The Great Shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:15 AM   #52
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalS3r4ph View Post
More like they don't have Xboxs'. It's alright though dude, like you said, Soccer moms can only afford to buy their kids only one game system.

ps
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...a&word2=Squeek
Oh my god you completely missed the point and decided to shoot for something completely irrelevant.

I can't believe you'd do th--wait this isn't the first time. I can believe you'd do that.

First of all, I never said soccer moms can't afford to buy their kids one console. Show me what you're reading because whatever it is, you continue to read it incorrectly. On a side note, I would think a good portion of soccer moms would know not to buy M-rated games for their kids or not to pay $50 a year to let them play those M-rated games against potential Internet stalkers, but that's just me.

Second of all, you're basically claiming that Halo didn't sell as well as other games because Johnny Goodstudent doesn't have an Xbox.

Uh... what?

They call these games "console pushers" for a reason. These are supposed to be games so good that you just must buy the console for that game. And you know what? It did! Xbox sales skyrocketed around the time of Halo 2's release! Isn't that great? Funding the most profitable industry in the world all for a single game. Ah, marketing.

And yet only 9 million people bought the game.

Thousands of people every day buy a Wii solely for Wii Sports. It's an added bonus that it comes free with the console, but it's the definition of a "console pusher". People bought NES for Mario. People bought Game Boy / Color / Advance / DS for Pokemon.

People bought Xbox for Halo. The other 14 million people either don't like shooters or bought an Xbox for sports / racing games. Pretty straightforward.

Look, you don't have to feel defeated. Most people call me a Nintendo fanboy and say I'd never say anything bad about Nintendo. Super Smash Brothers Melee was the only good Gamecube game in the eyes of gamers. Nothing else was any good. Therefore, people bought Gamecube for SSBM. I know dozens of people who did, actually. The same people who bought Xbox for Halo.

I still have no idea why people bought PS2 though. It had no solid games, honestly. Nothing even pushed a 1:10 sales ratio, which is really sad considering most Wii titles these days push 1:5 at worst. Maybe it's because they figured the previous console had good games, so the new one would too. Good thing they're not doing that for the PS3--oh wait!

PS - Nice tie-in with the pointless link there. Adding humor to the end of your post makes you seem more likable in the eyes of those outside our little chats. Seriously, good work. Second time you've done it though. Maybe you should try a different approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Shake View Post
WoW Squeek is such a prick. He is basically saying halo 3 is a bad game that a good majority of people like, instead of saying its a game that has a lot of fans but hes not part of that group. I think Halo has an epic story line and that is prolly why Peter Jackson wants to work on the halo movie, because he directs epic and good movies.
Oh my god another person who can't read.

"A good majority". Really. I just explained that only 0.1% of the world owns Halo 2 and you say "a good majority" of "people" like Halo 3.

If by "good majority" you mean, oh say, "the same number of people who bought Gears of War" (hint: 4 million), then you're right! One-third of the people who own an Xbox 360!

Oh, and epic storyline? Please. Nobody bought Halo for the story. You all bought it to pwn noobs in multiplayer. The story is what makes Halo so pathetic. It has one of the worst stories in an FPS. Ever. Seriously, play BioShock. Then you'll see how FPSes should handle a story.

And point out to me where I said "Halo 3 is a bad game". I recall it as...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
The Halo franchise is overrated
Oh hey I did say that!

Last edited by Squeek; 09-22-2007 at 03:22 AM..
Old 09-22-2007, 03:30 AM   #53
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
I can't believe you'd do th--wait this isn't the first time. I can believe you'd do that.

First of all, I never said soccer moms can't afford to buy their kids one console. Show me what you're reading because whatever it is, you continue to read it incorrectly. On a side note, I would think a good portion of soccer moms would know not to buy M-rated games for their kids or not to pay $50 a year to let them play those M-rated games against potential Internet stalkers, but that's just me
I can't believe you're taking this whole thing seriously. XD Get some sleep broheem, you have school in the morning.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:11 AM   #54
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

1) You can't try to lie like you're not taking anything seriously. Not after all you've done so far.

2) I don't talk street.

3) I'm older than you. And we're both in college (I should hope).

Seriously, if you want this to end, it's simple. Stop replying. Even replying with what you keep doing insinuates the typical teenage response: I know I'm wrong but I'm going to try to make it sound like I'm right anyway. And of course, being a teenager, you won't admit to that. And you won't admit to not admitting to that. Very complicated. Gotta love teenagers.

So basically you'd settle for an "agree to disagree" motion. Which, in my eyes, is utterly pointless, but I'm sure there are many of you who really don't care about what I have to say anymore and would rather prattle on and on about the next game in a sub-par series in the wrong thread, which I explained with my very first post in this thread.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:03 AM   #55
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

The Halo Series is not in any way the greatest FPS ever but it still does not exclude the fact that this series has been overhyped way more than it needs to be.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:28 AM   #56
panphil
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to panphil Send a message via Skype™ to panphil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalS3r4ph View Post
EDIT: Oh and by the way, You know what Bioshock reminds me of? This game. Like WoW, I don't think Halo 3 really adds much anything new to the genre rather than just...Well, do whatever it does, really good.
Halo reminds me arcade games where you shoot everything like a crazy.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:55 AM   #57
Darkjakk
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjakk View Post
Man, Game X That You Like sucked, because you actually didn't enjoy it because it's not fun, because I say so. Clearly Publisher Y That I Hate just paid lots of money to make you think that it's fun, and nobody actually plays it. Really. Man, you're so easily led. You should listen to me and play Game Z That I Like instead because I know better than you.

Insert any popular game into this, and you've got an instant thread!
Quoting for the fact that this thread turned into what every halo thread on any forum ever turns into.

I can't believe some of you are actually argueing about whether or not .1% of the world owns halo or not Its a game. Who the **** cares.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #58
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
1) You can't try to lie like you're not taking anything seriously. Not after all you've done so far.

2) I don't talk street.

3) I'm older than you. And we're both in college (I should hope).

Seriously, if you want this to end, it's simple. Stop replying. Even replying with what you keep doing insinuates the typical teenage response: I know I'm wrong but I'm going to try to make it sound like I'm right anyway. And of course, being a teenager, you won't admit to that. And you won't admit to not admitting to that. Very complicated. Gotta love teenagers.

So basically you'd settle for an "agree to disagree" motion. Which, in my eyes, is utterly pointless, but I'm sure there are many of you who really don't care about what I have to say anymore and would rather prattle on and on about the next game in a sub-par series in the wrong thread, which I explained with my very first post in this thread.

What? Are you joking me? "I know I'm wrong but I'm going to try to make it sound like I'm right anyway." What the hell are you on? Of course I wouldn't admit to that. Do you have your head so far up your pretentious ass that you think you can change the views of someone who thinks that Halo is going to be a great game, to one that will follow the leader and say "It's overhyped I agree?" Give me a break, I'm not going to lie to myself.

I'd agree to disagree because I'm not trying to convince you that the game isn't overrated. Like I said earlier, I've seen many people who think that it is, but frankly, I don't really care. It's not them I'm going to be playing against. You're also putting up trite, worthless numbers of yesteryear that really don't have anything to do with the game. Here's some facts dude, since you're so dense that you want to take apart everything someone wants to say-

1. Halo =/= Tetris.

2. Halo 3 = Record Breaking.

3. Also, Halo 3 = Popular. The media says it's popular, the populace say's its going to be a hit, and of course, there are going to be people who are going to disagree.

You're one of them, good for you. Go watch One Piece and wait for SSB:B to come out.

And it's typical that an older guy would go like, "Oh yeah, you're younger than me. That denotes that you have much less experience than I on stuff like this, so I'll keep this thing going until people think I'm right even though what I'm actually doing is pretty juvenile." Truth of the matter is, I keep replying to your ****ty posts because I don't want my views to be patronized by a dump Mod like you.

So instead of wasting time posting in a topic about a game you don't like, why don't you do something alil' tiny bit more productive, like... I don't know, play Maple Story. You're 21, you could handle it- Go watch One Piece while you're at it.

Last edited by DigitalS3r4ph; 09-22-2007 at 12:14 PM..
Old 09-22-2007, 12:14 PM   #59
Darkjakk
FFR Player

Thread needs more halo.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:18 PM   #60
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I mainly keep going because no matter what I write, you keep interpreting it as something completely different and it's funny to watch.

You're right for once. Halo isn't Tetris. They're both the same thing though. Tetris was a console-pusher for the original Game Boy.

Halo 3 is record-breaking. For being the fastest pre-order to hit one million?

That's kinda like the PS3's record-breaking. It's a completely trivial "record" to break but whatever gives your company press I suppose. "Hey we sold out the fastest in this one region! Go us! Nevermind the fact that our competition would've sold more had they had the supply out there!" Yeah, breaking records. They only matter when the record isn't some insanely trivial matter.

Pre-order sales mean nothing. Other than the fact that they show how many people are probably going to buy the game, of course. I don't recall Grand Theft Auto III/VC/SA had millions of pre-orders but they sure sold more copies than Halo!

Yes, Halo is popular! You're right again! Congratulations

George Bush was also elected president, winning the popular vote! That must mean he's the BESTEST PRESIDENT EVER!!!!!

Oh, and the age thing. I didn't say that to go "lol im smrter den u". I said it to say "hey we're both in college. You should know (as a fellow college student (I assume)) that college students make their own schedules and generally don't have classes on Saturdays." That's why I put in the college note. You misinterpreted it yet again. You just seem so full of angst to try to mudsling.

But hey, you agree that not everyone in the world thinks Halo 3 is the greatest game ever, so I'm pretty much done here.