Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > Brag Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-5-2007, 05:17 PM   #41
XpTrIpPyNeSsXd
EHHS Sucks!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to XpTrIpPyNeSsXd
Default Re: Molto Ggc And Revo Scores

AOD is a legitimate player and valued member of the FFR forums.
XpTrIpPyNeSsXd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2007, 05:19 PM   #42
jecht3009046
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I'm having to call double setup or nothing on this...Either that or you can mash like nobody's business. That would explain your FC to AAA count. I would still like to see vids of that. Also, your combo is higher than Ravia's because your mashes were earlier on the jacks than his. Its mostly a matter of luck when you're going to mash that much.

EDIT: Oops...I didn't realize there was a 2nd page.
Xptrippyness, AOD admitted to double-setup. Your statement is null and void.

Last edited by jecht3009046; 11-5-2007 at 05:22 PM..
jecht3009046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2007, 05:22 PM   #43
TheSeventhSign
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
gnr: DS is not allowed because it is 2 inputs for 1 key. That's the reason.
Tass, you basically just said "DS is not allowed because it's DS." We all know it's 2 inputs for 1 key. You haven't said why that's cheating yet. That's what I would like to know.

Every keyboard pretty much known to man NATURALLY has two sets of arrow keys: the actual arrow keys, and then the numpad arrow keys. It's not like you're going out of your way to remap or buying a special-built keyboard. It seems silly to me to restrict the natural form of the keyboard. If it makes something easier, why not use it? I can't DS for crap because I have no idea how to move my fingers around the arrow keys that quickly while trying to play at the same time, but if I could DS, I might want to on some songs.

At this rate, why don't we just completely outlaw the use of the numpad? You've technically used a second set of keys for the arrow you are using on numpad; the numpad is the second input. And how did we ever get away with key remaps? There's just no logic behind it. You can make all the rules you want, doesn't mean they're logic-based.

Anything more than two inputs would be cheating because you used a program outside of FFR / your keyboard to give yourself more inputs. But I don't have to do that with DS..... still not seeing the crime.....
TheSeventhSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2007, 05:23 PM   #44
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I had a fence once, but I couldn't understand the fence's hidden mysteries. It was like a cipher all by itself or something.
My fence was made of rails. Four of them.
Anyways, I think I gave the fence to my girlfriend -- also my best friend. She wanted it for her pug. I remember commenting... but I still couldn't understand that damn fence made of rails...

Last edited by MrRubix; 11-11-2007 at 02:42 PM..
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2007, 05:24 PM   #45
TheSeventhSign
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Shoot, I'm not a subscriber, but I'd love to see some logic. I'd appreciate a PM, but you don't have to Rubix.
Old 11-5-2007, 05:31 PM   #46
AOD_ELEMENT
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AOD_ELEMENT Send a message via Yahoo to AOD_ELEMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravia View Post
Actually, you're wrong.
I mashed every roll, trill, and towerjack in that ****ing song.
Just not double setup and not in a fapping uncontrolled frenzy WTF state of chaos.
Hence the respectable PA and boocount.
if u mashed as much as me ur pa would be way different and ur combo would have been higher hence less misses more boo's
AOD_ELEMENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2007, 05:34 PM   #47
AOD_ELEMENT
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecht3009046 View Post
I'm having to call double setup or nothing on this...Either that or you can mash like nobody's business. That would explain your FC to AAA count. I would still like to see vids of that. Also, your combo is higher than Ravia's because your mashes were earlier on the jacks than his. Its mostly a matter of luck when you're going to mash that much.

EDIT: Oops...I didn't realize there was a 2nd page.
Xptrippyness, AOD admitted to double-setup. Your statement is null and void.

ecactly why i can hit the jacks everytime it isnt just skill it is also luck

now your all acting like XXXsmittyXXX and putting part of my quotes as whole sentences i said i used double setup for one song on ffr and it was vertex beta vrofl and a lot more people than just me used double setup for it and i really wouldnt care if the score got deleted

have fun arguing telling me how i played the songs

Last edited by AOD_ELEMENT; 11-5-2007 at 05:36 PM..
Old 11-5-2007, 05:35 PM   #48
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
Actually I made a very logic-based argument in the Subscribers forum as to why double-setup is not legit.

Summarizing: FFR is a game derived from a game meant for feet. Two legs -> Two fingers, legit. Four fingers = also legit, same as using legs + arms albeit awkward, nevertheless legit and a reasonable extrapolation to keyboard play. Every form of play/every strategy/every approach (flat footing, bracket raping, bar hugging, heel-toe play, shuffling, etc) has been done on one set of input. Therefore DS = illegal because it would be like going to a DDR machine and having the 1P and 2P pads correspond to one player.
Except that in DDR, you don't have the option of using the other pad for additional inputs. In FFR you do, so why not use them?

Also, FFR should be treated as a game all on it's own. The fact that DDR doesn't have two setups should have no bearing on its legality in a game where that would actually be helpful. There are patterns in FFR that would be much easier with DS, just as there are patterns that would be much easier with spread.

I also gotta say that I dont like the arms analogy; playing DDR on all fours has hardly any actual relation with FFR or spread.

edit: LOL xptrippyness
Old 11-5-2007, 05:38 PM   #49
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

TSS: rubix summed it up a bit above... also, most laptops only have 1 set of inputs. and, the whole point... 2 inputs for 1 key = cheating. yes, that is what DS is... but I really don't know how to explain it better than that. you get to use 1 key for 1 arrow. that's it.
Old 11-5-2007, 05:38 PM   #50
TheSeventhSign
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
Summarizing: FFR is a game derived from a game meant for feet. Two legs -> Two fingers, legit. Four fingers = also legit, same as using legs + arms albeit awkward, nevertheless legit and a reasonable extrapolation to keyboard play. Every form of play/every strategy/every approach (flat footing, bracket raping, bar hugging, heel-toe play, shuffling, etc) has been done on one set of input. Therefore DS = illegal because it would be like going to a DDR machine and having the 1P and 2P pads correspond to one player.
Except that you are on the same "pad", Rubix. That's why I said what I said in the beginning of my post: every keyboard has TWO sets of arrow keys. So, imagine you go to a DDR pad and it now has TWO sets of arrows. Imagine somebody telling you "sorry, you can only use one set." I would laugh in his face.

Plus, there's no physically possible way to get the 2P pad to respond for you, or use it , because it much further away. It wouldn't do you any good anyway.

And how can you condone playing with four limbs when you said in the beginning of your post that the game was made for two? Sounds like cheating to me. DDR should be played with your feet, that's what it was intended for, right? I think it's uber cheating to play with your hands. On that note, let's just make spread illegal.

See, this is ridiculous. If you go out and buy another keyboard and play with two keyboards, yes, the 1P and 2P pads would be responded, but one keyboard is one pad. Good argument, but I don't see how it explains the rule.

EDIT: ninja'd by Tass, whatever guys, keep the rule, I wasn't posting this expecting somebody to actually listen, like I said, I can't DS anyway, it's just a silly rule. Laptops suck, buy a USB keyboard. Or would that be cheating?

Last edited by TheSeventhSign; 11-5-2007 at 05:40 PM..
Old 11-5-2007, 05:38 PM   #51
jecht3009046
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Well, this thread is over then...It was done with DS and the scores should all be deleted.

Except that it has been ninja'd and has morphed into a completely new thread over the legit-ness of DS...
jecht3009046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-5-2007, 05:39 PM   #52
Silvuh
quit
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I thought I'd just play GGC once for fun; see how I do...

Yeah, I can't think of a way to justify getting over 200 boos on that song. The only parts that may justify mashing are the jacks and and the fast jumpstream closer to the end (which there isn't much of). And because jacks are only one arrow repeated, you wouldn't have to hit any other notes to mash them... And because the timing frames overlap (you'd hit the next note instead of getting a boo), I'm not sure how many boos you could fit in there... and you wouldn't get a boo on a jack (if you hit them all) unless you started too early...
This is how I understand it...

Each pixel on the left is a frame of a jack where one perfect frame overlaps. The pink pixels are of taps, so there are two lines: one for 30 taps per second and another for 15. If you hit the key eight times starting at the good of the first jack, you'd get a good, two averages, and five boos. At 15 taps per second, you'd get three goods and a boo. And on the right is if you tapped seven times starting a frame later. The red pixels are av-misses. ... That's still not a lot of boos.
Corrections on this appreciated...
I suppose I should have asked what the typical taps per second is of a masher... Because I can't see tapping a key 15 times in one second. And I also assumed that the game can't pick up more than one tap per frame.

Oh, and, just for fun:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOD_ELEMENT View Post
tences not port
Old 11-5-2007, 06:08 PM   #53
AOD_ELEMENT
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecht3009046 View Post
Well, this thread is over then...It was done with DS and the scores should all be deleted.

Except that it has been ninja'd and has morphed into a completely new thread over the legit-ness of DS...
i will laugh in all your faces when they find out i didnt use double setup u all make me lol
Old 11-5-2007, 06:14 PM   #54
TheSeventhSign
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Just curious; how are you guys coming to the conclusion that he used DS, besides the fact that he admitted to using it for a different song in the tournament? If it's boo count, lol, I have a picture of a GGC that beats his boo count by a mile.....
Old 11-5-2007, 06:20 PM   #55
XXXsmittyXXX
Anxiety monster
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to XXXsmittyXXX Send a message via Skype™ to XXXsmittyXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOD_ELEMENT View Post
u will laugh in my face when they find out i did use double setup u all will make me cry
o!!!
Old 11-5-2007, 06:22 PM   #56
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

i actually suspected a trainer or something when i saw those, but ds would work too. especially for molto.
Old 11-5-2007, 06:24 PM   #57
AOD_ELEMENT
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

lmfao smitty yeah ur funny but it gets old when all u do is try to make something funny out of nothing but theres always a time to just shut up
Old 11-5-2007, 06:26 PM   #58
AOD_ELEMENT
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXsmittyXXX View Post
i lol'd when u guys thought i had a real ****!!!
u make me lol too smitty!!
Old 11-5-2007, 06:26 PM   #59
AOD_ELEMENT
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXsmittyXXX View Post
i lol'd when u guys thought i had a real penis!!!
u make me lol too smitty!!
Old 11-5-2007, 06:28 PM   #60
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Enough with the double and triple posting, AOD. Holy ****.
HammyMcSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote