Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-8-2011, 07:32 PM   #541
MopeyJoe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Is it wrong to be gay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun View Post
I personally, at the moment, don't think you can make a comparison between someone being Black and someone being gay. One is unarguably biological where as the other is still being debated.
What I mean is, it's wrong to judge someone on one part of them. It's wrong to say gay's are wrong just because they are gay and it's wrong to say black's are wrong just because they are black.

It's not like either could help who they are, it just happened.
Old 05-8-2011, 08:01 PM   #542
Wyde
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Wyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFire19876 View Post
That website says this about bed bugs, "Males produce alarm pheromones to reduce such homosexual matings," why would they be born with that?
It developed because females have biological traits that give them some protection from the process of traumatic insemination (i.e. mating via penetration of the body) and males do not. The pheromone ward is the only thing keeping male bedbugs from mating with, and consequently killing, each other, since they do not otherwise distinguish the sex of their target. Luckily, homosexual acts are no more fatal than heterosexual acts for pretty much all other life, so happy days.
themoreyouknow.jpg

Last edited by Wyde; 05-8-2011 at 08:04 PM..
Wyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #543
dancemiester
FFR Player

Quote:
If you read my first post I never said anything about it being wrong for homosexuals to exist, I just said that it's wrong in terms of birth. Obviously there are defects, as you said with the genes, but in the end it's a defect meaning it's not natural. I also said in my first post that there are situations in life that will bring a person to become homosexual or even the way a person is raised. That can go for any other animal too. I have nothing against homosexuals, that was just the point I was trying to make.

It is wrong, though, for people to completely retaliate against gay people just because they are gay. Like anybody else, they are people that live their life the way that they enjoy it.
anything that exists in nature is pretty much natural

i don't know what biology courses you have taken, but abnormalities/defects are natural; they exist in nature for a reason

they are created as possibilities for life to go to when something occurs that challenge survival of the fittest

example: bacteria are not born exactly clones of their parents, eventually they gain "abnormalities" and may be the only ones that survive when a certain antibiotic is applied to the group of bacteria

Quote:
nature didn't create homosexuals
before i say anything... i have nothing against gay people.

nature created male and female animals so they can mate and reproduce with one another. why would nature create a male to like or want to have a sexual relationship with another male? that makes no sense at all. yes i understand that there are other animals that, like humans, turn out to be gay, but that animal still wasn't born to be that way. there is either a situation in their life which changed their perception, or just the way they were raised.

is it wrong to be gay? no it's not wrong to be gay in society and no one should complain about it because those people have their reasons, but it is wrong in the sense of the way they use their bodies because they weren't made to be with someone of the same sex.
and about why they exist?

perhaps its to control population growth?

just like its quite possible STDs exist to control population growth?

Last edited by dancemiester; 05-10-2011 at 12:04 AM.. Reason: addition
dancemiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:11 AM   #544
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

We're talking about the homosexuality concerning the human being. I think you guys forgot an important retail in the debate : The human being is not completely rational because he has a mind, this is what separate him from the other animals. The fact we're aware is probably the whole answer to why our behavior isn't utterly obedient to what we call "the laws of nature" or whatsoever.

Last edited by ScylaX; 05-10-2011 at 05:22 AM..
ScylaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #545
DustyFart
FFR Player

Yes it is very wrong to be gay.

The Bible says that it should be a man and a women together, not man and man or women and women. But the media wants to have you believe being gay is ok, when in realiy its not.

Last edited by HammyMcSquirrel; 07-11-2011 at 12:22 PM..
DustyFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #546
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

I don't know if you're serious or a troll so I'll just say that :
The Bible is nothing more than an argument of authority and a matter of doxa and culture. Therefore you should question the legitimacy of what you're believing in instead of using a shorcut (just as Nietzsche described them in Aurora) in which the integrality of your belief lies on the sole matter of treating something as an higher state. Try to be more argumentative and make proper questioning. The two posts you wrote makes me think that being argumentative doesn't matter to you and that you rely more on the power of the opinions than on their logic. You should try to study logic. In fact the big problem of the dogmas you're believing in is that it makes them think for you instead of involving you to think on them. So I'll ask you the question : What makes homosexuality not ok ?

I consider than not accepting that thing is revealing of your opinion on the humanity. It reveals a clear misunderstanding of the process of the psychological experience of every individuals (it concerns all the empirical factord that aren't directly related to the «oral learning» of parents but all the things a child lived, because it's also the ground on what he has constructed), of how they were educated, how their mind works etc. (Maybe refers to Construtivism)
The human being is not only an object of conformity, unfortunately for you, remember he has a versatile mind that is the foundation of the civilization. Try to study sociology, psychanalysis and philosophy to understand what's actually going on, it would probably help you to comprehend the human being/mind and its environment more than your current beliefs and possible perception of the world. I don't ask you to stop relying on God but try to detach from the cultural-predication the Bible applies and think by yourself. Then, we could have a proper debate on that topic, because debates aren't the sole matter of beliefs

Last edited by ScylaX; 07-11-2011 at 09:25 AM..
Old 07-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #547
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Poison and Dusty, you guys are only getting one warning. Don't flame, especially in the CT forum. Posts have been removed/edited.
HammyMcSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #548
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyFart View Post
Yes it is very wrong to be gay.

The Bible says that it should be a man and a women together, not man and man or women and women. But the media wants to have you believe being gay is ok, when in realiy its not.
What if you're not religious? Is it still wrong to be gay? Just because you believe something doesn't mean everyone else does.
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #549
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison- View Post
What if you're not religious? Is it still wrong to be gay? Just because you believe something doesn't mean everyone else does.
I have a shorter way to determine what you (are trying to) define in two words : Petitio Principii (hah, it's something I forgot to talk about in my argumentation above ;_; )

Last edited by ScylaX; 07-11-2011 at 04:20 PM..
Old 07-18-2011, 10:12 AM   #550
billymaysheeer
FFR Player

no, it's not.
and for everyone referring to the bible on this?
i wouldn't. if you remember, it also mentions that a menstruating woman is unholy and should be banished during her cycle.

and what about other religions? don't base your view purely off of the bible.
it's not exactly a choice. being gay, that is.
i mean, take a moment and legitimately try to like the same sex that you are.
if you don't, you don't. you can't exactly change that.

but if we ARE going to quote the bible, maybe focus on other passages?
"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."
1 John 4:18

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
billymaysheeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #551
RB_Dreamscanner
☭Retired Top One Hander☭
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to RB_Dreamscanner

Things are only wrong as you see fit. No one knows what is actually supposed to be "wrong" or not, everything is based of societies view. Is it wrong to enjoy watching a man beat his wife? I personally don't enjoy it nor condone it but there are a lot of people out there who do, but who are we to tell them what is wrong or not? Same works for being gay. Society shuns it for the most part, most reasoning comes from what the bible says and the whole "adam and eve not adam and eve" remark. But the bible has yet to be proven true in any counts that you'll go to hell for being gay or whatever that shit says. What is wrong is based on your own personal opinion as to what is right. People make decisions (or are "born that way") so it should be left at that, Society creates more problems then good when it comes to things like this because it creates an unreasoning bias for making gay remarks and hatred for all people different, yet the bible most of society so proactively follows says god created all men equal, so i guess that means its time to insult people because their different views of life and things, cool.

Retired, Finished at rank 295, Top one hander on FFR
RB_Dreamscanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #552
PlayTrumpet
Lamingtons.
FFR Veteran

It's only wrong for people to do bad things. Being gay is not one of those things.

The Bible is filled with enough contradictions and false logistics to disprove any of its supposed legitimacy, but if you're gonna base your values and beliefs off of it you might as well realize how narrowly you are choosing what to read and follow. People forget about things like this:

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another"
"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy"
"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God"
"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven"

- Jesus

Even this question, "Is it wrong to be gay?" is born from simple ignorance and hate. I pity the people who try to justify their idiotic standpoints.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #553
Kokonoe Rin
Sync beats, Sync hearts.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Kokonoe Rin

Is it wrong? From a religious stand point, yes. From an ethical stand point maybe. Before I get fussed at for saying it may be wrong I'll throw out I'm bi. Back to the point I say it may be only because no one has proven to me it's not a choice. Yes I believe you can't help who you love especially the way I found mine but, children are born with Tabula rasa (forgive me if I spelled it wrong) or "blank mind" and what a person finds sexy and attractive lies in the limbic system of the brain. This being said one could easily say a child LEARNS to feel an attraction to one side or the other, one way or another. Also since no real production can come of homosexuality (meaning children) it's basically not what one would consider "natural"

NOTE: My sincerest apologies if this is considered an "illegal bump" I wasn't entirely sure if it was ok or not so I just went for it. I've already read the rules so if this post is in fact an infraction I'll go ahead and accept the punishment for it.

Last edited by Kokonoe Rin; 08-18-2011 at 10:34 AM..
Kokonoe Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #554
fido123
FFR Player

If it was a choice why would it be wrong anyway? Also since you are attracted to both genders could you simply turn off your attraction for the same gender off? If not how is it a choice if you can't choose to just not be attracted to that gender anymore?
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #555
Loutre
Banned

The thing about the bible (and I apologize to the Christians in here) is that it's a book. Following things such as that word for word would be the same as using a Murder-Mystery novel to justify killing someone. It's a book and there is no legitimate proof that some highly creative and literate person didn't write the book a long long time ago and sell it off as the word of God. Thus, saying that you hate gays because the bible says to is a completely illegitimate excuse.

Last edited by All_That_Chaz; 08-29-2011 at 10:37 PM..
Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2011, 10:41 AM   #556
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB_Dreamscanner View Post
As a thread like this will, because as long as people have opinions you will not have an answer to this question.
There shouldn't even be opposing views on homosexuality. Not in this country.

Sexual preference should not be a deciding factor in ANYTHING. It's just who people are. It's not a "disease." It's not a "rebellion." It certainly isn't a "sin" either, as some religious fanatics describe (well, I personally call them self-righteous pricks.). It's just a preference. Why should anyone have the right to put someone down because of it?

It enrages me so much when I hear discrimination against homosexuals, and well anybody really, because that's not what the United States at least was founded on. "Freedom of choice", guys. Not "freedom of choice for heterosexuals only". Not "freedom of choice except for certain groups". I wish people can see it that way and not have to squabble and bicker about what's the "right" way to enjoy intimacy.

That's my argument, but in reality, this shouldn't even be a debate! Those opposed to the idea should, you know...mind their own god damn business. Oops, I used the Lord's name in vain. Guess I sinned...where's my condemnation?
A2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2011, 01:05 PM   #557
Wyde
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Wyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokonoe Rin View Post
Yes I believe you can't help who you love especially the way I found mine but, children are born with Tabula rasa (forgive me if I spelled it wrong) or "blank mind" and what a person finds sexy and attractive lies in the limbic system of the brain. This being said one could easily say a child LEARNS to feel an attraction to one side or the other, one way or another.
As someone who has dabbled (read: dabbled) in the study of psychology, alarms go off in my head when someone says "the brain most definitely works via this model". The "blank slate" theory is not one I strongly believe in - to my own understanding, there are far more aspects to a person that are innate than the base theory generally credits, and I believe things such as sexual orientation, gender identity and inherited personality traits are among them. I'm also not sure where you're going with "learning" to feel attracted to another person.

(P.S. why am I helping keep this topic alive aagh)
Old 09-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #558
MissClock
FFR Player

Uhm, in my opinion. It is not wrong to be gay, you're attracted to who you're attracted to.

How ever penis was not made for penis nor anus for anus nor penis for anus or penis for mouth or ass for mouth and even Scientists can tell you that.

I am religious. I think if you're gay, you're gay, big deal God Still loves you.
MissClock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #559
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy_x View Post
The gay community is obnoxiously self-absorbed and insensitive and ignorant to transfolk, though. There's nothing wrong with homosexuality but I'll be damned if I don't absolutely hate a ton of gay people.
Yeah, pretty much everybody who's obviously gay or prides themselves on being gay I find to be unbearably annoying and I honestly hate being represented by the image the gay community gives off. I'm all for total sexual freedom but when trying to appeal to everybody, I think it's better to separate the both the movements to prevent people thinking all gays are a bunch of flamboyant "sexual deviants" queens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClock View Post
How ever penis was not made for penis nor anus for anus nor penis for anus or penis for mouth or ass for mouth and even Scientists can tell you that.
You could also say that about girls who give oral to guys. I'm pretty sure Scientists would also tell you that it doesn't matter what it's "made for". If I use an old shirt as a rag am I doing anything wrong? That shirt was made for wearing, however since I don't care to wear it any more and have no other use for it am I doing anything "wrong" by using it as a cloth?
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #560
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

--> On the fact of "doing something that breaks with the original use of the tool it was «made for»".
One of the main phenomena that emerge from the existence of the "human civilization" is that the whole race keeps finding a way to part from its former animal state. The subject is really vast and my expression in english would be a disaster if I tried to explain that, that subject needs a whole new thread. But you can interpret the progress of the culture in the civilization as a mean of humans to get a true "antinatural" behavior (be careful with that word, interpret it as an evolution that isn't directly natural but anthropotypic, I need a better knowledge to be sure if it's what Memetics are totally about) . You just consider that, since animals use that organ that way, we should use it that way, or the fundamental use of these things is for a definite objective, but it's a very narrow way to see things : you just limit your opinion to the use that seems the most natural.

--> On the "popular gay identity"
This is basically the tool for the LGBT community to get known : it gained a very own identity that made it gain a certain visibility in the media. And yes because of that, it can backfire on plain discreet homosexual people that are just quiet. Hating that identity is totally legitimate, but many people tend to make straw men and directly mix up what the gay culture is with what homosexuality is, to what I've seen. Which is troublesome.