Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 03:08 PM   #481
lilpantha4
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to lilpantha4
Default Re: GunZ: The Duel

GunZ glitches on me. When I start the game, it goes all black and I can only see fire and my gun. Can someone help me fix this?

Thanks,
Lilpantha4
Old 06-27-2007, 05:20 PM   #482
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

Don't get me wrong, Dstyle is fun, and it can kill random Kstylers, sure.

But it isn't the kind of thing you'd want to do a serious competition with(in case you ever enter a serious competition in GunZ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpantha4 View Post
GunZ glitches on me. When I start the game, it goes all black and I can only see fire and my gun. Can someone help me fix this?

Thanks,
Lilpantha4
Could you take a picture of what it looks like? Like press prt scr then paste it into paint and upload it.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:12 PM   #483
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaKirisame View Post
Um, no.

Most Dstylers aren't very good at all, and the one who is considered the best at the moment(I think it's Slap now) can't beat Kstylers at all. Maybe the average Kstyler, but when you throw in people like Gosu, Hiata, etc. he's gonna lose 15-0. It'd be pretty much the same for most Kstylers(well, out of the ones who were decent).

But really, most Dstylers aren't very good at what they do in the first place. I challenged the better members of possibly the most well known dagger clan and won 10-0 each time(like it wasn't even close, I'd wind up at high blue). They waste all that time moving when I'm gonna hit them no matter where they go, so their only chance would be to hide behind walls(which isn't really possible with dagger glitches anymore) or hit 10/10 and simply overpower me, which is hard, even if you hit 10/10. It should take no more than four shots to kill someone, and a max of 10 if they're lagging. Of course, there are good games where you win in 2 and terrible games where you win in 15-20 shots.
Uhh, no. Have you ever played Nexus? No? Doubt it.

Also, Slap isn't that great. Well, at least the last time I've played him, I totally beat him. Granted, it was awhile ago and we were both k-styling, but I doubt he got much better.

Pheer even said it himself that Nexus was the only k-styler he's ever struggled with.

PS uhh that's what I goddamn said. Of course a d-styler couldn't beat a pro k-styler.

PPS Hiata is stupid and swaps or w/e and Gosu is an ego whore. None of them are respectable.

PPPS I have been in DaggerShot for awhile now I know wtf I'm talking about thanks anyway. But don't challenge me I haven't played seriously in about a half a year and I only picked up playing again a week ago and I'm k-styling too ;___;

Last edited by lord_carbo; 06-27-2007 at 08:18 PM..
lord_carbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:31 PM   #484
Evofragment
FFR Player

Haha, I love this game. I can butterfly, slash shot, halfstep, quarterstep, all that great stuff. Problem is, I can't aim worth a crap so I never get many kills XD. Maybe it's because I always use revolvers, oh well. I'm slowly getting better.

If anyone wants to play my username is the same as here, but I don't play very often.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:22 AM   #485
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_carbo View Post
Uhh, no. Have you ever played Nexus? No? Doubt it.

Pheer even said it himself that Nexus was the only k-styler he's ever struggled with.

PS uhh that's what I goddamn said. Of course a d-styler couldn't beat a pro k-styler.

PPS Hiata is stupid and swaps or w/e and Gosu is an ego whore. None of them are respectable.

PPPS I have been in DaggerShot for awhile now I know wtf I'm talking about thanks anyway. But don't challenge me I haven't played seriously in about a half a year and I only picked up playing again a week ago and I'm k-styling too ;___;
I'll fight you naked with a dagger. If anyone in your entire clan kills me once in 15 rounds, I'll consider your point.

Really, if Nexus is the person I'm thinking of, he'd be trashed, but I've never been close to ever losing to a Dstyler. I think maybe when I was newer or something you might've gotten close, but I still got 15-0 later.

As for Hiata, meh, she mplvls, I'm pretty sure.

As for Gosu, who cares? I was giving examples.
Quote:
Also, Slap isn't that great. Well, at least the last time I've played him, I totally beat him. Granted, it was awhile ago and we were both k-styling, but I doubt he got much better.
Uhh, I'm pretty 100% he's considered the best. Of course Dstylers are going to be bad at Kstyle if they don't ever do it or they're just starting out -___- That's like me handing you an MG at your level(20 or whatever) and telling you to come into an elite channel zerker with me and triple my score. It just isn't happening because you probably never even did play it when you did play.
Quote:
Haha, I love this game. I can butterfly, slash shot, halfstep, quarterstep, all that great stuff. Problem is, I can't aim worth a crap so I never get many kills XD. Maybe it's because I always use revolvers, oh well. I'm slowly getting better.
I'll show you some stuff ingame. I saw you today. As of right now, just start bullet evading more and not moving so much, but shooting more. But when you do move, move fast, and move to a location. Don't just run in circles around someone and slash, it'll get you shot with you outputting little to no damage.
---
Carbo, good luck with the challenge. I beat almost the entire -Do- clan naked with Dstyle(well, I beat every one I fought), and they're a Dstyle clan.

Last edited by MarisaKirisame; 06-28-2007 at 12:25 AM..
MarisaKirisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #486
Evofragment
FFR Player

All right, thanks. I'll take your advice.

P.S. Sorry for being kind of whiny in that game, I was just getting frustrated. I'm not usually like that, and I hate making a bad first impression.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:20 AM   #487
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Quote:
I'll fight you naked with a dagger. If anyone in your entire clan kills me once in 15 rounds, I'll consider your point.

Really, if Nexus is the person I'm thinking of, he'd be trashed, but I've never been close to ever losing to a Dstyler. I think maybe when I was newer or something you might've gotten close, but I still got 15-0 later.

As for Hiata, meh, she mplvls, I'm pretty sure.

As for Gosu, who cares? I was giving examples.

Uhh, I'm pretty 100% he's considered the best. Of course Dstylers are going to be bad at Kstyle if they don't ever do it or they're just starting out -___- That's like me handing you an MG at your level(20 or whatever) and telling you to come into an elite channel zerker with me and triple my score. It just isn't happening because you probably never even did play it when you did play.

Carbo, good luck with the challenge. I beat almost the entire -Do- clan naked with Dstyle(well, I beat every one I fought), and they're a Dstyle clan.
Nexus as in NexusStar. Really good, trust meh. Even Pheer said that Nexus was the only d-styler he's ever had trouble with. Unless you're a "pro" you wouldn't be able to beat him. But he doesn't openly accept challenges and I don't think he plays much anymore.

Also I loved MG in zerker, haha, bad example :< And uhh I use SMGs a lot, too. My main setup is SMG/SG but sometimes I switch to SG/SG when I'm playing tongue-and-cheek (you'd be surprised that sometimes that works better, just standing back and swap shooting. Or you don't have to be surprised knowing how overpowered SGs are).

But yes d-style is not that great.

And most of -Do- sucks anyway minus... uhh, that guy who makes the Do Dagger videos (edit: ahh was his name Cysote or something like that?) (he's really good at TDM) and some other random person who was a female character. I think it's an open d-style clan, too, or more open than DaggerShot is/was.

Last edited by lord_carbo; 06-28-2007 at 10:23 AM..
Old 06-28-2007, 10:54 AM   #488
lilpantha4
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to lilpantha4

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, Dstyle is fun, and it can kill random Kstylers, sure.

But it isn't the kind of thing you'd want to do a serious competition with(in case you ever enter a serious competition in GunZ).

Could you take a picture of what it looks like? Like press prt scr then paste it into paint and upload it.
I know how to take screen shots.
Anyways,

Last edited by lilpantha4; 06-28-2007 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: Screen shot
lilpantha4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:27 PM   #489
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evofragment View Post
All right, thanks. I'll take your advice.

P.S. Sorry for being kind of whiny in that game, I was just getting frustrated. I'm not usually like that, and I hate making a bad first impression.
Uhh, I didn't notice a thing. Most of the GunZ community likes to complain, and while it's good sometimes, a lot of the things people complain about aren't.
Quote:
Nexus as in NexusStar. Really good, trust meh. Even Pheer said that Nexus was the only d-styler he's ever had trouble with. Unless you're a "pro" you wouldn't be able to beat him. But he doesn't openly accept challenges and I don't think he plays much anymore.
I had only Dstyled for the first time in like a year when I fought those people, having only played that day, and they considered me "far above anything they've seen in Dstyle". I certainly don't consider myself a good Dstyler, but I know a lot of things most players don't.
Quote:
Also I loved MG in zerker, haha, bad example :< And uhh I use SMGs a lot, too. My main setup is SMG/SG but sometimes I switch to SG/SG when I'm playing tongue-and-cheek (you'd be surprised that sometimes that works better, just standing back and swap shooting. Or you don't have to be surprised knowing how overpowered SGs are).
It just cannot compete. Shotguns won't be close in zerker. The best shotgun/shotgun zerker player I've ever seen(who was an outstanding TDM player and duelist) only got 20 kills in the time I got 100. She then played again with MG/shotgun and got the equivalent of 40 kills.
Quote:
I think it's an open d-style clan, too, or more open than DaggerShot is/was.
According to them, it's invite only and pretty closed off. The way the whole fight started was by me saying "but they just let any old idiot with a dagger in there" and them being like "yeah? well I'd like to see you do better than us."

Also, yeah, that's Cysote.

That reminds me, I once played a grenade pro. It was really scary. I actually ended up losing the first round because he'd always manage to hit me in the air when I tried to fly from pillar to pillar or hit me behind pillars when I try to move. If I tried to get anywhere close, he'd throw a grenade, bounce it off of me, slash me, and have the grenade explode on me. Really awkward.

Really, I was like "oh god, how the hell is he always hitting no matter what I do?"

But in the end I won 14-1 or 13-2 or something. It was really, really cool to fight against him. Just thought I'd bring this up since Cysote did some grenade stuff in his video, but nothing too special.

Oh, and about zerker. I try to discourage shotgun use for a reason. It's not just bad, it wastes EVERYONE'S time because shotguns are burst killers. They'll kill maybe 10 people per life then die, but they TAKE FOR FREAKIN' EVER, no matter how many people are lined up and how many people you hit. It's just terrible for everyone in the end. Quite annoying. Same with revolvers. If you don't hide, you'll be overpowered/have to reload after a small swarm of enemies, AND you'll need to use two revolvers or you'll run out of ammo. However, if you do hide, you kill slowly -__-

The easiest weapon to 100-0 with is probably(in this order)...

Revolvers
Shotguns
Pistols
Rifle
MG
SMG
Rocket Launcher

I think that's everything, right?

Fastest zerker weapons in order...

MG
Rifle(only the Nicos)
SMG(and no one uses it...)
2x Revolver 50% spam 50% wait/aim
Rifle(non-Nico)
2x Revolver 100% wait/aim
2x Revolver 100% spam
Rifle/Shotgun
Rifle/Rocket Launcher(for hiders)
2x Pistol
Breaker/Avenger
Avenger/Avenger
Breaker/Cruel
2x Rifle

I think that's everything on the middle and upper tier? That looks about right.

@Pantha Select the character, hit the options(top left), play with the brightness settings, etc. and see what happens. If your video card allowed the other version to work, it should let this version work.

Last edited by MarisaKirisame; 06-28-2007 at 06:38 PM..
MarisaKirisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:00 AM   #490
hoochan
woah shrooms
FFR Veteran

Oh God. I totally lost you guys in this argument. I've been so out of the GunZ loop >_<
hoochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:47 PM   #491
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Quote:
I had only Dstyled for the first time in like a year when I fought those people, having only played that day, and they considered me "far above anything they've seen in Dstyle". I certainly don't consider myself a good Dstyler, but I know a lot of things most players don't..
Dude, people said that before I could even get into DaggerShot. They probably don't know anything.

Quote:
It just cannot compete. Shotguns won't be close in zerker. The best shotgun/shotgun zerker player I've ever seen(who was an outstanding TDM player and duelist) only got 20 kills in the time I got 100. She then played again with MG/shotgun and got the equivalent of 40 kills.
Oh whoops, I was referring to in general, as in TDM/duel.

Quote:
stuff
IMO in zerker, pistols are equal to revs because usually you're just shooting like a bitch with either. But yes I also <3 revs in zerker, I actually tried getting Tosh into using them.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:54 PM   #492
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

Quote:
IMO in zerker, pistols are equal to revs because usually you're just shooting like a bitch with either. But yes I also <3 revs in zerker, I actually tried getting Tosh into using them.
Well, you gotta remember, pistols only do 24 damage a shot I think at the highest level(I could be wrong, it's the only weapon I don't really use at all), and while they shoot much faster and have more ammo, I don't think they'd work very well against laggers.

Revolvers are two shot weapons with zerker. A lot of people end up dying in one, which is why they're higher in the tier. Pistols are like SMGs that do a little more damage and have almost no ammo, with a bit too much accuracy. Accuracy is not always a good thing while playing zerker because of laggers and spikers, and you may have to predict a second or two ahead, which is tough if you're perfectly accurate, no matter how good you are at leading. This is due to the fact that most laggers spike at LEAST 50 ping, which EASILY determines whether or not your shot hits.

Kicking is not always an option. In rooms with more than 12 people, laggers rarely get kicked because stupid people are stupid.
Quote:
Dude, people said that before I could even get into DaggerShot. They probably don't know anything.
I'd still like to play against you(I'll fight naked, with lower guns or something if you want it to be more fair). I challenged Nexus and he said he'd play a TDM with me if he's on, and a 1v1 if he's in the mood.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:11 PM   #493
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

The following items have expired: Divine Hands Set.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:38 PM   #494
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Quote:
Well, you gotta remember, pistols only do 24 damage a shot I think at the highest level(I could be wrong, it's the only weapon I don't really use at all), and while they shoot much faster and have more ammo, I don't think they'd work very well against laggers.

Revolvers are two shot weapons with zerker. A lot of people end up dying in one, which is why they're higher in the tier. Pistols are like SMGs that do a little more damage and have almost no ammo, with a bit too much accuracy. Accuracy is not always a good thing while playing zerker because of laggers and spikers, and you may have to predict a second or two ahead, which is tough if you're perfectly accurate, no matter how good you are at leading. This is due to the fact that most laggers spike at LEAST 50 ping, which EASILY determines whether or not your shot hits.
Well yes, yes, yes, but the reason why pistols are "as good" or is at least up to preference of spray vs. slow fire is because their dps is nearly the same. There are situations where it'd be better for pistols, especially in mansion and castle in those areas where a bunch of enemies usually line up in long rows.

PS in terms of dps, SMGs outclass pistols by nearly twice as much, just so ya know. And at their highest levels, SMGs do more damage than b7/b8 swappers per second.

Quote:
Kicking is not always an option. In rooms with more than 12 people, laggers rarely get kicked because stupid people are stupid.
Of course. And especially most zerker regulars, which are stupid.

Quote:
I'd still like to play against you(I'll fight naked, with lower guns or something if you want it to be more fair). I challenged Nexus and he said he'd play a TDM with me if he's on, and a 1v1 if he's in the mood.
'Coo.

Last edited by lord_carbo; 06-29-2007 at 09:43 PM..
Old 06-30-2007, 10:52 AM   #495
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Quote:
Well a person can hide behind a corner to where you can't see them(though usually you can see them), then shotgun RS and always kill you, even if they don't have zerker :/ That is, assuming they hit properly.

SMGs do really sick damage, and they'd undoubtedly be the best if you didn't have to freakin' reload them every 3 enemies. It matters when you're being shot at by 7 freakin' people. That combined with them try to BF you and stuff. The reason the MG is so good is because the final MG is actually a lot more accurate than the other two, it does some pretty good damage, and THE AMMO. The ammo amount makes it so good. 120/2. As you know, one ammo clip reloads the entire ammo set.
Oh you're going back to zerker now >__> Just so you know, I usually talk about TDM or duel when I talk.

Imho SMGs are better suited for TDM than MGs are, and they're about even, maybe a bit worse in duel if you know how to use the MG and do it well (chase the enemy down like a bitch and have them waste their ammo until they can't shoot). But of course MGs are better in zerker. Hence why I use an MG in zerker.

Quote:
stuff
Good model. Good explanation. Makes sense.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:25 PM   #496
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

Thanks, but I think I missed a spawn point on the little thing to the left of the ammo(the elevated thing), but besides that, it should explain a bit. You only spawns you should really camp are the three towards the middle and maybe the one at the HP if, for some reason, a lot of people happen to die at the same time.

I think I also missed a spawn outside the southern tunnel thing, and maybe one more I forgot. It's a lot easier to know them ingame than off the top of my head looking at an overhead view of the map.

But really, I'll get some screenshots of the 7-setup sometime. It happens surprisingly frequently.
Old 07-3-2007, 04:13 PM   #497
9_ki_kid
FFR Player

Well I have been playing for alittle more than a week now. I am level 11 now.
I have a rocket launcher, double renards, iron kadachis, a set of 2 gernades, a set of 3 gernades, a iron dagger, a iron sword, double raptors, and something I think was called a NICO that was 400 bounty, and ring of crying hawk..
I still have the starting armor.
In quest items I have about 70 raw meat, about 15 seasond meat, and about 10 Small Skulls.
My character name is confusscious.

Last edited by 9_ki_kid; 07-3-2007 at 04:15 PM..
9_ki_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-3-2007, 07:57 PM   #498
xxbyetouxx
FFR Player

You dont need Raw Meats, Seasoned Meats, or Smalls Skulls just sell all the quest items you get (Goblin dolls and Skeletons Dolls) You wont be able to defeat the boss anyways until your like 25+.
If you quest I suggest not Questing until 13 so you can do page 13..... questing can be hard.
xxbyetouxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-3-2007, 09:06 PM   #499
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

I'm gonna do the Page 65 quest when I get to level 65.

Until then, there's no point in selling quest items besides to get rid of them. Look at my bounty. It is not edited.

Old 07-4-2007, 03:38 PM   #500
RB_Dreamscanner
☭Retired Top One Hander☭
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to RB_Dreamscanner

lv 40 ;-;
eh my new prems make me happy but i only find them cool looking
grey dusk
phantom breed
iron crow jacket
does anyone know why the snow town level isnt playble anymore?/illegal