Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 04:39 PM   #461
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: GunZ: The Duel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9_ki_kid View Post
I just got the game, and when I try to start the launcher, it stays at 0.00% and if I look at the more info button, it always says in status:connecting. I got it from gunzonline.com, I think that is the site your supposed to get it from right?
My computer has far better than the recommended requirements.

If anyone is wondering why I have two posts, This is my first time using these forums, and I thought new posts would show up on the last page. So I thoguht my first didn't send, so I sent another.
Welcome. The site you should go to is gunz.ijji.com.
Quote:
I had my firewall turned off earlier to see if that was the problem, but it didn't help.
You're probably trying to play the International version and not the North American version.
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:05 PM   #462
9_ki_kid
FFR Player

I am looking at the stuff it is getting me through the download, and the other one didn't have gunz installer. Thank you.
I was going to Gunz International before.

Oh but now, when I go to gunzlauncher, how come it goes back to gunz.ijji.com?

Last edited by 9_ki_kid; 06-19-2007 at 05:30 PM..
9_ki_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:15 PM   #463
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

gunz.ijji.com is the one you want to install, but you need Internet Explorer to install it. It should prompt you to install an ActiveX control or something. Install it in then click "Play Live" after making your account.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:27 PM   #464
9_ki_kid
FFR Player

I made one, and it keeps asking me to verify my email, and i resend it, and my email doesn't get a new message.

Last edited by 9_ki_kid; 06-19-2007 at 06:37 PM..
Old 06-19-2007, 06:40 PM   #465
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Hmm, that's odd. Check your bulk. If it isn't there, just wait a day and see if they send it.

Also, try using Yahoo. I think that's what I used to make my account.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:31 AM   #466
9_ki_kid
FFR Player

I found out that you got billed when you sign up for ijji so i stopped the sign up process.
I found another place you get it free, it is the international again, but this one starts torrenting, it gets right next to the top of the bar within a minute, then goes back and stops at 84.82%. I tried logging off and on, but it didn't work.

I have let it sit on 84.82% for about 20 minutes (now more like 1.5 hours), and it has done nothing even though the arrows are still moving, should I just wait longer?

I got it from ausgamers.com

Oh and I know why it didn't work now. My old email got deleted because I didn't use it for a long time. So I made a new one on yahoo, and the whole time I was putting @yahoomail.com, instead of @yahoo.com.

My friend told me his went next to the top real fast to, but then it went down to 30 somthing, and he waited a few days and eventually it finished. So that is what im doing. it has been going for 16 hours. (he said it took his almost a whole day to change the first number.)

Last edited by 9_ki_kid; 06-21-2007 at 10:30 AM..
Old 06-21-2007, 05:20 PM   #467
purplepopcorn
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to purplepopcorn

You don't have to pay anything to play ijji gunz. You need to pay money only if you choose to buy items from the out-of-game store. And even then, you only buy tokens, and then use them to purchase stuff.
purplepopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:36 PM   #468
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

And the cash shop items aren't very good at all. The only real reason to get them would be if you're a pretty serious player and will be playing daily or every other day.

Unless you buy the unlimited items, of course, and those hardly give you an edge.

...and 9 ki kid, the International version is really crappy compared to the North American version. You really, REALLY should get NAGunZ(gunz.ijji.com) if you live even somewhat near the US/Canada. Some British players can get a fairly decent ping as well, so yeah.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:12 AM   #469
9_ki_kid
FFR Player

My friend has international though. Anyways I realized I have to download the torrent for gunz on BitTorrent but Im having a hard time finding the right one.
I have played it sorta, but every other player has a lag symbol above their head and isn't moving, and also i get a slight, maybe about .1-.2 second mouse delay when I move it. I think the right torrent will fix that though.

Oh and also, in the middle of it, windows firewall will turn it off because it will say someone tried to hack me, and one time it even restarted my computer. I think it is because of the torrent to, once I was in an empty channel where everyone left and it still happened.

Is there anything else better about NA besides that it has more people?

Last edited by 9_ki_kid; 06-23-2007 at 10:19 AM..
Old 06-23-2007, 04:03 PM   #470
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yeah. It has better items, less glitches, tons more game modes, more maps, more people who actually speak English, lower pings, more people moderating, a better community, and it's more fun in general with a whole lot less of a hassle. For example, you don't have to go through all of this torrenting crap. Only thing you need to do is used Internet Explorer and download the ActiveX control(which only takes a second), then everything will be pretty fast.

Really, it's a lot more fun. If GunZ were like IGunZ is right now, I would've quit.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:55 PM   #471
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Old 06-24-2007, 07:51 PM   #472
9_ki_kid
FFR Player

Should my friend get the east coast or west coast map pack from fileplanet?

Last edited by 9_ki_kid; 06-24-2007 at 07:55 PM..
Old 06-24-2007, 09:45 PM   #473
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

What the heck? There are no map packs or anything. Just download it from gunz.ijji.com and that's all you need. There's almost nothing additional you can get from downloads, and the things you can get are illegal and will get you banned.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:51 AM   #474
9_ki_kid
FFR Player

oh, well he couldn't use them anyway (his computer couldn't open the file). I will tell him.
At my friend's house we went on a game and it was a new level, it was big, part tunnel and part floating walkways.
And if my friend gets NA will he still be able to use his account from I?

Last edited by 9_ki_kid; 06-25-2007 at 11:30 AM..
Old 06-25-2007, 11:24 AM   #475
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

9_ki_kid, STOP. We have NO CLUE what the hell you're doing because you're doing the process entirely wrong. It's not complicated. Tosh told you to go to gunz.ijji.com and from there it's self-explanatory... what's the problem?

You can't play it anywhere else. They're different versions. They have different people playing them, and quite frankly, most people play the one on ijji.

NOW LISTEN:

1) Go here: http://member.ijji.com/register.nhn
2) Register. It is free. Absolutely nowhere does it mention credit cards, paypal, etc. in the registration. It asks for your city, address, etc. but that's all.
3) After you complete the registration process, go here: http://gunz.ijji.com/
4) Login, and after you login, click "play live." From there the download will start, and from there you can just click the play button and you'll be on NAGunZ.

There is nothing external you need to download. There are no map packs. There are no torrents, and there especially aren't any *different* torrents that make the game different or anything.

To answer your question: No, you cannot use your IGunZ account on NAGunZ. But seriously, IGunZ sucks and eventually you're going to want to switch because almost everyone plays NAGunZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshX View Post
The best Dstyler in the game fought an average Kstyler and lost 15-0. Most Estylers or Hybrid would probably win, maybe not quite by the same amount because Kstyle is more of a Dstyle counter, but they'd still probably win by a decent amount. I mean there's only so much you can do. Is it INCREDIBLY fun killing random people with it? Yeah. But is it the kinda thing you'd wanna do if you're not just looking for fun, but also to be a strong player in the end after having played for a year? Probably not.
Bull****. Nexus rapes average k-stylers on a daily basis. Sure against a GREAT k-styler he'd lose, but average? Never.

And yes, daggers are severely underpowered.

Last edited by lord_carbo; 06-25-2007 at 11:28 AM..
lord_carbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:28 AM   #476
9_ki_kid
FFR Player

I have an account and I raised it up some levels at a friend's house, I want to be able to use it still when I get NA gunz.
Also my freind had international and that's why I wanted to keep it.
I know how to get gunz NA, I just don't know if I want it, that's what my questions are about.

When I had I though, and was trying to get it to work, it wouldn't torrent so I was downloading the torrent on BitTorrent, It helped it work and I can play it now but I have to find my linksys cd to open up the port on my router so guns can actually let me fight other people when I am in a match.

I am about to get gunz NA anyways now, to see if I can get my account to work on it, but when I was filling out the register form it messed up and wouldn't let me type, even after I refreshed.

Last edited by 9_ki_kid; 06-25-2007 at 11:32 AM..
Old 06-25-2007, 11:31 AM   #477
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Quote:
I have an account and I raised it up some levels at a friend's house, I want to be able to use it still when I get NA gunz.
Also my freind had international and that's why I wanted to keep it.
I know how to get gunz NA, I just don't know if I want it, that's what my questions are about.
You'll realize how silly you were for not getting it once you do.

Seriously, the more you wait, the more time you're wasting leveling on IGunZ. Nobody of any skill plays IGunZ. If I went on IGunZ right now, I'd be one of the best players there. And pretty much every English speaker has left.

Just get it. Pretty much everyone abandoned their level 40+'s to move to NAGunZ. What level could you possibly be? 12 at the very highest?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:11 AM   #478
9_ki_kid
FFR Player

My freind got NA guns so so did I.
But some of your things you said about the differences between I and NA werent true. International doesn't have quest mode.
But for playing against other players, it has all the same levels, and no more.
NA only has about maybe 10 mroe items than International does,
(not way more). But NA does have maybe 3 or 4 times as many people on it.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:21 AM   #479
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Quote:
My freind got NA guns so so did I.
But some of your things you said about the differences between I and NA werent true. International doesn't have quest mode.
But for playing against other players, it has all the same levels, and no more.
NA only has about maybe 10 mroe items than International does,
(not way more). But NA does have maybe 3 or 4 times as many people on it.
When did any of us say it had quest mode?

And trust us, it has a LOT more items, much more than 10. But they're all cash or quest items =/

Anyway once the servers come back up I'll be playing match server 1. /w lordcarbo.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:38 PM   #480
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_carbo View Post
Bull****. Nexus rapes average k-stylers on a daily basis. Sure against a GREAT k-styler he'd lose, but average? Never.

And yes, daggers are severely underpowered.
Um, no.

Most Dstylers aren't very good at all, and the one who is considered the best at the moment(I think it's Slap now) can't beat Kstylers at all. Maybe the average Kstyler, but when you throw in people like Gosu, Hiata, etc. he's gonna lose 15-0. It'd be pretty much the same for most Kstylers(well, out of the ones who were decent).

But really, most Dstylers aren't very good at what they do in the first place. I challenged the better members of possibly the most well known dagger clan and won 10-0 each time(like it wasn't even close, I'd wind up at high blue). They waste all that time moving when I'm gonna hit them no matter where they go, so their only chance would be to hide behind walls(which isn't really possible with dagger glitches anymore) or hit 10/10 and simply overpower me, which is hard, even if you hit 10/10. It should take no more than four shots to kill someone, and a max of 10 if they're lagging. Of course, there are good games where you win in 2 and terrible games where you win in 15-20 shots.

Last edited by MarisaKirisame; 06-27-2007 at 02:40 PM..
MarisaKirisame is offline   Reply With Quote