Old 05-30-2007, 09:37 PM   #461
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Kilroy_x
Default Re: Homosexual Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayatewillown View Post
I don't believe there is a religion. Even Darwin's' theory states that if we WERE monkeys, male and female had to produce.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Is-ought_problem

The law of evolution states that environmental pressures determine what genes are passed on, and thus the gene pool in a given population is very gradually effected towards what genetic populations are best adapted environmentally. Now, insects are unequivocally the most successful creatures on earth. Does that make it immoral to be human? Of course not, that's absurd. Evolution states how certain functions of reproduction work, it doesn't make it a moral requirement for anyone or anything to reproduce.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:55 AM   #462
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychopete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
I'm pretty sure that there isn't one religion that all homosexuals subscribe to.
QFE, even if in CT.

I, myself, am a deist, but I have been that way my entire life, despite being 'raised' in a heavily Christian/creationist household. I do believe in evolution, and I don't believe that everything from the bible needs to be taken so seriously, as if it were absolute fact of what happened. Of course, I stopped going to church when I was 8.

Also, hayate, a bi friend of mine is Unitarian and a lesbian friend of mine is a Protestant. A gay guy I don't particularly enjoy the company of is an atheist.
Old 06-1-2007, 05:37 PM   #463
Chrissi
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Chrissi

Quote:
I don't believe there is a religion. Even Darwin's' theory states that if we WERE monkeys, male and female had to produce.
What in the world are you talking about?
Old 06-1-2007, 05:41 PM   #464
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

He's suggesting Darwinian theory is equivalent to a religion. He's also somehow under the impression that the theory states reproduction is somehow a requisite for morality, which is the part I see the least sense in. Not that the whole post was anything other than nonsensical.
Old 06-1-2007, 05:58 PM   #465
Chrissi
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Chrissi

Yes, I get that part, but...

Quote:
Question. What religion do homosexuals believe in, or is there no religion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
I'm pretty sure that there isn't one religion that all homosexuals subscribe to.
Quote:
?????
Old 06-1-2007, 06:31 PM   #466
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

0 is different from 1<. Interestingly this seems to be the only sensible pattern in the entire thought process.
Old 06-1-2007, 07:08 PM   #467
hayatewillown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy_x View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Is-ought_problem

The law of evolution states that environmental pressures determine what genes are passed on, and thus the gene pool in a given population is very gradually effected towards what genetic populations are best adapted environmentally. Now, insects are unequivocally the most successful creatures on earth. Does that make it immoral to be human? Of course not, that's absurd. Evolution states how certain functions of reproduction work, it doesn't make it a moral requirement for anyone or anything to reproduce.
It does support.
Old 06-1-2007, 07:57 PM   #468
FFR Player

Quote:
Question. What religion do homosexuals believe in, or is there no religion?
saddest thing i've read all day...wow...

what you are taught of religion (varies by the area/religion of the teacher) and personal beliefs GREATLY overshadow any aspect of an individual...which is what we all are, individuals, some happen to be gay, others are tall and some even have brown hair...how strongly does that influence your religion?
Old 06-1-2007, 08:24 PM   #469
Kilroy_x
Little Chief Hare
FFR Veteran

Quote:
It does support.
No offense, but is English your first language?
Old 06-2-2007, 02:48 PM   #470
Master_of_the_Faster
FFR Player

Does anyone realize that homosexuals are just people? They aren't unknown aliens from outerspace. They can be of various religions and believe certain things they feel are right (like various parts of a bible). Some feel that they are oppressed by religion and some feel that they aren't. It's as simple as that.
Old 06-2-2007, 03:15 PM   #471
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

WOW! Wtf is so wrong with a guy that's into dick?
People are just so ignorant these days, judging people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
Old 06-2-2007, 03:33 PM   #472
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

"A guy that's into dick".....

You're right, I agree completely that people are so ignorant these days.
Old 06-2-2007, 08:43 PM   #473
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I'm pretty sure what devonin's saying is a lot of people just do it for the love. Although it's a sexuality, it actually isn't ALWAYS sexual. It's a bit hard to explain, but it's like saying a guy can love a girl WITHOUT wanting the sexual thing. And, in fact, many guys do love girls and really do see sex as nothing more than a symbol rather than something they "like" and "want to have" just to feel good.

Difficult to explain, but that should at least kind of do it. Think of how many girls don't like guys just because they want a fun sexual time. They usually love them because they, well, love them. They may not even want to have sex unless it really is for love and unless the other person asks for it. But does that change their sexuality from being "straight"(or bi)? Of course not.

Last edited by ToshX; 06-2-2007 at 08:46 PM..
Old 06-2-2007, 08:55 PM   #474
rockerforlife1
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
"A guy that's into dick".....

You're right, I agree completely that people are so ignorant these days.
the problem is that most of the people on this site are kids, cause you know.. this is a ****ing GAME website its not ment for adults with no lives, these kinds of questions shouldnt be asked here
Old 06-2-2007, 09:09 PM   #475
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerforlife1 View Post
the problem is that most of the people on this site are kids, cause you know.. this is a ****ing GAME website its not ment for adults with no lives, these kinds of questions shouldnt be asked here
You're so damn stupid.

Seriously, people below the age of 18 are capable of competent thinking as well, which you aren't, along Razor.

Also, to contribute to the thread: Yes, people are ignorant. So, we have to deal with it. It's not like people aren't still racist since we got rid of the Jim Crow Laws and whatnot. Allowing gay marriage will not change everyone's views about gays, but it's still treating us like people, not...things.

Last edited by psychopete; 06-2-2007 at 09:12 PM..
Old 06-2-2007, 09:09 PM   #476
talker1234
FFR Player

i dont agree with homosexual marrige and why it is wrong is because it is like a guy and a guy and a girl and a girl. so that is my reasing why i dont like
Old 06-2-2007, 09:13 PM   #477
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

So the "reason" you don't like it, is a statement of the definition of the word... There isn't any actual reasoning in there. We know what it means, and so you do, you have to tell us -why- you don't like it. What is -wrong- about "a guy and a guy and a girl and a girl"?

Also to rockerforlife: Please to stop hiding behind age and immaturity as a defense for not critically thinking in the critical thinking forum. In case you hadn't noticed, the -creator- of this game is an adult, as are a great deal of its users, and many of the contributors to this sub-forum.
Old 06-2-2007, 09:24 PM   #478
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by talker1234 View Post
i dont agree with homosexual marrige and why it is wrong is because it is like a guy and a guy and a girl and a girl. so that is my reasing why i dont like
This is Critical Thinking, try and find actul support for your arguement or GTFO.
Old 06-3-2007, 01:49 AM   #479
Marxx
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

being homo is just wrong and marrige is is discusting, but people are still being this way, so if they don't want kids the best way is to be homo. still that is discusting :P plaaaaaghgh!!!!!!!!!!!!! the only person that i thing should be homo is Brian and his goats
Old 06-3-2007, 06:30 AM   #480
Wyde
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Wyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marxx View Post
being homo is just wrong and marrige is is discusting, but people are still being this way, so if they don't want kids the best way is to be homo. still that is discusting :P plaaaaaghgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, let me try to understand this...so you say the only advantage in being gay is not having kids? There's always adoption if they want them y'know. And even man/woman couples can decide not to have kids, surely...I'm sure you're familiar with the concept of contraception. And darn, you could at least say why you find homosexuality disgusting. Too many people tend to leave their reasons out, as if they don't need to explain themselves.

Quote:
the only person that i thing should be homo is Brian and his goats
*sigh* You obviously don't like the guy, and gayness is [sarcasm]obviously the worst thing you can wish on a person[/sarcasm], right?

(Also, ignorance and bad spelling look "great" in a post. Wheee!)

Now to try and contribute to the topic title at hand, even if no-one's really focussing on it at the moment...I'd think homosexual marriage should be perfectly fine in this day and age. As far as I know, however, it was intentionally to bring together "man and woman under the eyes of God", and maybe that specific objective could have been worth upholding. Marriage isn't the only way to be recognised as a legal couple in society as far as I know. But over the years I now see it merely as a celebration of being recognised as an official couple. That and it's been secularised in many ways (though possibly excluding Catholic faith) to the point where the religious objective doesn't seem to matter. At least not to me.

So hell, w00t for gay marriage.