Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #441
TWG Brazil
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CVI: United Nations

Okay, so I'm back from the birthday thing, was a bunch of fun and I'm tired, but I promised I'd return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG France View Post
Reads list
This is a list I can really get behind (barring me of course). The only things I would swap really are just overall threat comparisons. Like, I personally believe that if both Japan and Italy are wolves, I personally think Italy would be more dangerous in the long run in terms of who we lynch first. Japan, like you said, is very clearly keeping their posting to a minimum, likely intentionally. Italy on the other hand is at least talking. If we were to assume they were both red, I believe the obvious choice here is that Italy would be lynched first.

As for right now, the obvious choice at the moment is Mexico. All that can really be said about Mexico right now has been, and your read on the list just puts the nail on the head for me. Would like to see some development on this.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:40 PM   #442
TWG Egypt
FFR Player

Welcome back, Brazil, and I'm glad to see that people are voting for Mexico.

Anyway, reads. Kinda rushed through them, but yeah:

WOLVES

Mexico: Refer to France’s reads or my earlier post on Mexico. I’m waiting for this guy to come back and defend him/herself again before I cast my vote.

Japan: Offers absolutely nothing, flies UTR when everyone’s tearing each other to bits, makes a strange vote in the end. Nope, I’m not buying it. Wolf wolf wolf wolf wolf.

Italy: I just don’t like the content of your posts. It’s like you’re trying to look helpful, but you really aren’t. And your votes look like you're trying to insult people more than offer anything useful. France kinda hit this one right on the dot, though. I'd like to go for this guy later on.

NULL

Germany: I used to have you as a wolf until you had explained your lack of posting. Now I don’t exactly know where to put you. I like that you’re offering something now, but I’m going to hold off on forming an opinion of you until later on.

Brazil: I've got almost nothing to go off of for you. Just waiting...

India: I’m waiting on you, too. I’ve said before that I was behind a lynch on you, but after looking at your posts today I’m reconsidering. If I see more of what you’re doing now, then you’ll become a green read.

France: At first, you were a human read to me because of this, then you quickly became a wolf read because I really didn’t like that jump on China. Your response after I voted for you also looked defensive, but I didn't point that out because Germany caught my attention.
Other than that, you're looking pretty human to me. Your suggestion to not talk at night looked more human than wolf to me as well, so I guess I’m with you when you say you don’t understand why others thought it was wolfy. Your recent jump on Mexico is also pretty green to me, and I appreciate that people aren’t letting his/her faulty arguments slide.

HUMANS

Russia: Your posts are pretty sound. Nothing you’ve written stood out as wolfy, so you’re naturally giving off a human vibe. Nice.

Iran: Your post about warning Spain about his/her posting habits was what put you in this spot, and I've had you here ever since.

United States: Really??? No one else thinks this guy's human??? Okay.

For one, this looked human. Why would a wolf say that he/she kinda knew who South Korea was? That draws attention. If the United States were actually a wolf, then he/she would not have said that.
Then comes the actual reasons for who he/she thought South Korea was, which also came off as very human to me.

That being said, I get why you guys think that the “directing discussion” stuff was wolfy about the United States. The fact that the US’s defense was based on saying, “Well, Canada and France did it too!” was very crappy. Sucks that Mexico had you in a kiddie corner there, but again, Mexico.

I’ve also already said this, but just the way that the United States was posting looks human. He/she has been posting thoughts/input, drawing attention to him/herself, and helping to lead discussion. I’d say that’s pretty helpful, no?

England: France pretty much summed it up for me: not much posts, but the posts you’ve made were good. I find myself agreeing with what you write, and I can’t imagine you as a wolf. I’d really like to see people like you contributing a lot because I actually trust you.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:04 PM   #443
TWG France
FFR Player

Holy shit, your list is so much like mine its off-putting...
Old 01-24-2014, 10:10 PM   #444
TWG India
FFR Player

After numerous reads agreeing with what I think, I will vote Mexico until evidence is shown that it is wiser to knock out someone else. I will mention that I do agree on Mexico and Japan gargantuan red flags that need to be addressed. Also Xiz, if you'd be kind enough to post a vote count, that would be appreciated.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:10 PM   #445
TWG Egypt
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Egypt View Post
Awesome. I agree with you on most of your points.
Felt like that was going to happen. Tried ranking in terms of how red/green someone was, and it turned out looking almost like yours, save the US/read on you instead of me.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:19 PM   #446
TWG United States
FFR Player

I'm not doing these in any particular order just took the list off the OP minus those who are already gone.

--------------------------------------

TWG Brazil - I really don't have much of a read on this person due to limited posting. I will say the limited posting does seem as though they are really busy and not so much trying to be under the radar. For now I don't feel they're a big threat to us.

TWG Japan - I have a really strong suspicion of Japan even though they haven't said much. They made very limited posts, jumped around with their votes a lot, and never bothered to even try to come in and say anything more when called out. I haven't seen them at all today and I'm starting to feel that maybe more attention needs to go here. I hope there will be more discussion on this person.

TWG Germany - Avoided posting a good bit during the first day phase, claims that work is in the way. This is definitely possible I'm sure a lot of people on here have work, school, etc. I do feel they're somewhat trying to fly under the radar by just agreeing/bandwagoning with other people. Someone to keep an eye on but not someone I feel a huge threat from just yet.

TWG Italy - Still limited posts to go off of. What I will say about this person is they do seem as though they are a seasoned player from what they have said so far. Nothing is really jumping off as wolfy for me with Italy right now.

TWG India - Had no real input on the first day, posts "a terrible way to begin the day" earlier today then dissapears for a good while until people start bringing them up. Then the post from them was only about the Canada kill and nothing more. They then waited for France to make their post noting that they wanted to see things from their perspective but offering none of their own. I feel this person is avoiding giving information for some reason and are up on my radar.

TWG England - Limited posts from this person as well but they do seem to be paying attention and offering some opinions of their own rather than just straight agreeing with others. Not someone I'm finding worrysome for now, but do want to see more from them.

TWG France - This is someone I'm up and down with. Day one made them seem pretty wolfy with the jumping around with votes, bandwagoning and trying to get people to be quiet during the night phase. What I don't understand is why a wolf would try to stop a human insta-lynch. Maybe someone could give a reason as to why a wolf would do that but for now because of it I'm not sure what to think of France. France was the first to post after Canada but I don't feel that makes them the wolf that did it. This person seemed to really feel as though they were being framed. They are on my watch list for their behavior being a little odd.

TWG Mexico - Had nothing to offer at all during the first day phase. Zeroed in on me which is fine because everyone needs to be interrogated in my opinion but he sure seemed to have a one track mind. While he did bring up France a little he didn't offer really much else on other players. Voted on France for a short period but then was really quick to hop back on me for being AFK. If there's anyone that doesn't know the forum does idle your name in for a good long while. Especially if you're like me and your computer doesn't go into standby. It felt as though this was just a way to divert attention back to me just because he wanted to. Maybe he and France are in on this stuff together, it feels a little fishy. They haven't been back on to say anything else as of right now but they are fairly high on my list. I've seen others bring up really good points about Mexico as well.

TWG Russia - Not a huge amount to go off of for now. Russia was someone else who said they didn't feel right about Canada though. Then mentioned today that Canada was cleared by Spain which I never saw so if you could show me where this was that would be great. There's a lot of posts in the thread. I didn't think we'd get a read from the seer if they died. This makes me want to keep an eye on you a little bit.

TWG Egypt - Honestly not going to say too much here. Seems to have really well thought out posts and offers a lot of good information. Right now this person reads green to me.

TWG Iran - This person has offered very little input at all and seems to just be pushing to see other people's input rather than contributing their own. This is another person I'm going to keep and eye on because I feel as though they're trying to be under the radar as well.

-------------------------------

I think that's all for now, I'm going to read what other people have posted for their reads. Maybe if there are a lot of common things in them we can start focusing on those specific people for now.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:27 PM   #447
TWG United States
FFR Player

Quote:

That being said, I get why you guys think that the “directing discussion” stuff was wolfy about the United States. The fact that the US’s defense was based on saying, “Well, Canada and France did it too!” was very crappy. Sucks that Mexico had you in a kiddie corner there, but again, Mexico.

I’ve also already said this, but just the way that the United States was posting looks human. He/she has been posting thoughts/input, drawing attention to him/herself, and helping to lead discussion. I’d say that’s pretty helpful, no?
In my defense I said that I was trying to get discussion going and draw out information. Being the first day I wanted to get as much as possible. I did bring up Canada as well because I thought it odd that Mexico was only targeting me when Canada had also been engaging in a lot of discussion same as I. Seemed odd to only point out me for that is all.

I've honestly been on and off a lot today because I had a busy day but wanted to still try to contribute. I apologize if my list is a little sloppy but I'm trying to get this stuff in before I head to bed to get up again in like 6 hours. Going to be heading off shortly so if there's anything people want to ask me I'll likely be getting to it tomorrow.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:30 PM   #448
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Current Vote-count (7 To Insta):

:
:

Last edited by Xiz; 01-24-2014 at 11:28 PM..
Old 01-24-2014, 10:32 PM   #449
TWG Egypt
FFR Player

Coolio, another read.

Considering the United States has had some differing opinions, I'd say that looks like a nice jumping off point for some discussion.

Mainly, I'd like to talk about Italy, Russia, and Iran. I'm guessing we're already pretty okay with lynching Mexico and Japan right now.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:35 PM   #450
TWG Egypt
FFR Player

Also, I want to say something real quickly to the United States about Russia: Making a mistake doesn't equate wolf. He/she was a bit off about Spain confirming Canada, though.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:59 PM   #451
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

It appears as though the UN might have food poisoning. So sorry if my responses are delayed.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:15 PM   #452
TWG Germany
FFR Player

Ok, very quick break at work. I will say that those reads so far look fine and are similar to some of my views: i agree with you egypt that united states sounds green. While a little shifty af first and i was completely unsure with which side you were on, im going stronger and stronger green as this game progresses. Egypt, if you end up being a wolf, i will be thoroughly amazed. Japan, im starting to think doesnt even care anymore, and id be fine with a lynch due to lack of defense on actions and general behavior.

Sorry for not using quotes for anything in this post, but its insanely difficult to do on this phone.

I will place my vote on mexico, due to what i said earlier today before i left for work. Forgot to vote him after my posts, and then was too late i had to leave. Will hopefully be back here on my computer n 2 hours.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:33 PM   #453
TWG Egypt
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Germany View Post
Ok, very quick break at work. I will say that those reads so far look fine and are similar to some of my views: i agree with you egypt that united states sounds green.
Well, finally!

Quote:
Egypt, if you end up being a wolf, i will be thoroughly amazed.
Don't have to worry about that, Germany

Quote:
Japan, im starting to think doesnt even care anymore, and id be fine with a lynch due to lack of defense on actions and general behavior.
I agree with this. Even if one were to think that Japan wasn't a wolf, keeping 'em alive toward the end if we come to a lynch-or-lose situation would be awful. Maybe Japan will change later on? I don't know, but as of now that's what most of us are probably thinking.

Also, when you get back, may you type up your reads if you're not too tired?
Old 01-24-2014, 11:53 PM   #454
TWG Egypt
FFR Player

I also want to clear something up—

The difference in my reads between having Germany this close to wolf and having Russia as green/India as null from my strongest wolf read after one actual post is that the other two have offered input that I felt was original.

Ever since Germany posted his/her reasons for flying under the radar for a bit, that was what I was waiting for. I’d like to clarify that the reason why I’m asking you for your reads is that I want some original input from you. I actually felt like your reasoning against Mexico was great, but you only did so after a couple of other people began going after Mexico as well, so I’m not too sure what to make of that.

You’re offering input, which is fine (and the only reason why you’re not a wolf right now in my eyes), but I’d like to see your thought process a bit more. Do so and I’ll be off your case, mostly because I have had no qualms with your posts after the first day.

And I have to stop posting so much... Yikes.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:06 AM   #455
TWG France
FFR Player

you serious Egypt... Germany's excuse is pathetic...
Old 01-25-2014, 12:11 AM   #456
TWG Egypt
FFR Player

How so? I don't understand how work is not a valid excuse to not post as much.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:14 AM   #457
TWG Egypt
FFR Player

Even then, the fact that Germany posted about one's personal life and the nature of one's work just felt green to me, which is why I left 'em off the hook and restarted my read on him/her.

In hindsight, as already mentioned before, it was not the best idea in terms of preserving one's identity. Nice to see a wolf hasn't sniped him/her yet.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:21 AM   #458
TWG Germany
FFR Player

Quote:
Also, when you get back, may you type up your reads if you're not too tired?
Of course I can, just give me a minute. These will be very general though, heads up, I can back them up with quotes tomorrow morning when I have more time to go pick through the thread.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:08 AM   #459
TWG France
FFR Player

Quote:
How so? I don't understand how work is not a valid excuse to not post as much.
YeahIcantotallyexplainmylackofcontentpostingIwasatworkokthatsoundslegitrightguys?
Old 01-25-2014, 01:15 AM   #460
TWG France
FFR Player

oldest damn excuse in the book. I don't buy it.
Closed Thread