Old 09-28-2007, 04:07 PM   #421
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: 2moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
No it's not an exp boosted private server squeek. As I think i've said before, there is a lot of good material in the 'game' that hasn't made it to our version yet.

An exp-boosted private server would be kick ass though >_> Anyone know how they work?
I only say that because if it were EXP-boosted, it wouldn't be as awesome when we get it.

He gained 8% in such a short time frame at level 150. That's awesome.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:49 PM   #422
TS_SonicMaster
FFR Lolicon
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TS_SonicMaster

Ok, so now I'm sad because I accidently deleted my segnale when trying to delete my knight ;______; Is there anyway to contact someone high up to restore it or do I have to start over? =/

Ps: Below was yesterday before I accidently delete my character, look who I found xD

Old 09-28-2007, 05:53 PM   #423
Gamerchic14
FFR Player

ermmmm i really don't know, if u deleted her, shes prob gone . I play 2moons occasionally tho :P
Old 09-28-2007, 07:57 PM   #424
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Hey everyone and welcome to the Friday Update.

Sunday night there will be a GameGuard Patch. Hopefully this will address the issues a few of you have had.

Oct 4th, we will have a new Patch. The patch will contain new shop items and some bug fixes (chat filter, etc. Details when I have them). Guild Leaders will feel the love in the shop this time. Expect another patch later in the month that will bring our first Holiday Themed Event.

Deadfront is slated for November. I know this is what everyone is waiting for, so now you have a time frame.

WEEKEND EVENT
You said you wanted events for different times zones.

We listened.

So for the next couple of weekends we have events running just about every 3 hours so there is no reason why you couldn't get in on the action.

The times of the events are only guides. Our GMs have resposibilties and may not be able to start at exactly the time stated.

GM Hide and Seek
DATE: Sept. 28-30

Locate a GM during the event time and be rewarded with argates.

At the start time, the GM will hide and make a global announcement that they are hidden.

"[GM] Phew is hiding. The first to find him and start a trade wins XXXXX"

Once found the GM can gloablly announce that "CharacterName? Found [GM] Phew. Thanks for playing"

We will be giving additional prizes that can be Coins, Dil or Items tuned to the level and class of the winning character.

Trieste
Date Time (PT) Location
9/28 6 PM Loa
9/29 12 AM Braiken
9/29 6 AM Denebe
9/29 12 PM Parka
9/29 6 PM Loa
9/30 12 AM Braiken
9/30 6 AM Denebe
9/30 12 PM Parka
9/30 6 PM Crespo

Abaddon
Date Time (PT) Location
9/28 9 PM Loa
9/29 3 AM Braiken
9/29 9 AM Denebe
9/29 3 PM Parka
9/29 9 PM Loa
9/30 3 AM Braiken
9/30 9 AM Denebe
9/30 3 PM Parka
9/30 9 PM Crespo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That wraps it up for the Friday update. Look for server stats and such in Monday's Announcements.
=D

Deadfront dated! Fixed chat filter! Holiday Event! Other things!
Old 09-28-2007, 09:51 PM   #425
thechild
FFR Player

lvl 22 at Requies? Yeah right
thechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:49 AM   #426
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS_SonicMaster View Post
Ps: Below was yesterday before I accidently delete my character, look who I found xD

Hey it's me =D
PS, I just received the greatest gift ever. Posting pics in EDIT.
EDIT: best gift ever.

the weapons are at the bottom left of each of the four sections.
EDIT2: got 'em free, no joke.

Last edited by meno_rocks123; 09-29-2007 at 12:59 AM..
meno_rocks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:02 AM   #427
Smok3y
∞+1
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Smok3y

Just got the email with event info... sounds interesting, looks like there will be more high level bosses spawned in Denebe.

To anyone in the guild with invite privileges, what times do you usually play? I'd be interested in joining if that's alright.

IGN is Saryl. Lvl 38 Magician.

Smok3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:21 AM   #428
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'm usually on at night.

I partied with Tay and Arelik again for a while. Tay had to go and I didn't really feel like playing anymore. I was just about to sign off when I struck up a conversation with Tsug, and at the end of that when I was again just about to sign off, a shout comes on asking for a Segnale at 88.

Segnale at 88? I was hesitant. Almost hoping someone else would go out and do it for me. But no, another shout. I run out there just to see what's out there. Turns out that's where the most powerful mobs are. I nearly died just getting to the rock at 88:88 (which turned out to be an absolutely tiny rock. I thought it'd be a plateau). I'm invited to the party immediately and begin by saying I've never done 88 before, so apologies if people die.

Well, I did a good job. The entire party did manage to die at one point. The main tank went AFK and nobody else could take the damage. When we regrouped again, all was well. The only person who died after that was the summoner. But summoners suck anyway. And since it was just one person, I could resurrect him when he died. Which I had to, twice.

I went from 40% at 56 to 30% at 57 without needing a single repot. It was pretty solid. After selling the drops I got (which were all clothes... not a single weapon), they put me over 3,000,000 dil. Whoo.

1.7 more levels until Curse Field. Totally grindable in a day if I can score another 88:88 with a good party.

Edit: And now I'm wondering. I know I'm going to reskill. That's a given. I want to swap my single-target buffs for AOE buffs. I want to remove a worthless skill. I want to nerf my Masteries down to 1 as they only supply HP/MP regeneration, and not by much. And I want to focus my points into Heals instead of pointless Blood spells (I've been investing in some just to play with them since I knew I was gonna reskill).

For 88 parties, the most commonly-used skill is Hyper Heal, the AOE heal. Mine's level 1. That's enough to bring almost anyone back to full health. Problem is, it has a 10 second cooldown. As you invest points, that cool timer decreases At my level, it would be 7 seconds. That's 3 seconds where the party could die that I'm saving.

Likewise, those single-target buffs have weird cooltimes. One is 5 seconds, one is 15, and one is 45. So I can't always have them on everyone. And it's hard to keep track of who has what. Using AOE buffs, I know exactly when they run out because it'd be when it runs out on me. Problem here is that if I reskill now, I can't level the Guard back up to 25% guard rate. It'd be 15% until level 60. I also lose the Attack buff as I don't get that until level 60 either.

If I don't do it now, I'm doing it at 59 or 60 anyway. So, any thoughts? I'll just stand outside my job lady person, whom I just purchased the skill book for Curse Field from, and sign off for the night waiting for your replies.

Last edited by Squeek; 09-29-2007 at 03:32 AM..
Old 09-29-2007, 02:06 PM   #429
TS_SonicMaster
FFR Lolicon
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TS_SonicMaster

Ok, I restarted my segnale and I'm already half way to the level I was at, so maybe by next week I'll have it back.

And Squeek, I say just reskill and wait for the AOE buffs.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:34 PM   #430
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I went ahead and reskilled. Figured I'd be in a party for most of the rest of the game from now on, so there's no point in keeping skills that suck.

By the way, the AOE buffs don't have pre-reqs or anything, so it's usually either the single buffs or the AOE buffs. I removed the single buffs to get the AOE buffs. Reskilling removes all your points. It's not like I could keep the single buffs for a while, then get the AOE buffs. And without the buffs, that map would be so much worse.

I partied a bit this morning, which was a mistake, because the party I was in completely sucked. I don't know why 5xers think they can take level 80 mobs. You can, for a while, but when someone lures that extra monster in the mix, you're all going to die. Including me.

Oh well. It gave me an excuse to actually eat lunch. I'm at 50% now.

Edit: They didn't announce this part.

http://2moons.acclaim.com/main_files/2moons-events.htm

2x EXP/Drop days. Again.

In EST, it'll be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 1-3PM and 9-11PM. Starts next weekend.

Last edited by Squeek; 09-29-2007 at 03:50 PM..
Old 09-29-2007, 04:18 PM   #431
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Noice! The double XP will hopefully help me get through the dead levels a lot faster.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:24 PM   #432
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

maybe I'll get to kill X2 frizkhans in nunvice before they go green =)
Oh and reach, you can have my +29dmg lvl 60 wep if you want it.

Last edited by meno_rocks123; 09-29-2007 at 04:28 PM..
Old 09-29-2007, 05:47 PM   #433
thechild
FFR Player

2X, I haven't trained during 2x time yet. I wonder how much fater I will level.
thechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:50 PM   #434
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

well, I'm starting to hit a wall with nunvice, I just did a normal run and got 35% which means I'm gonna have to play even more to get to 48 today.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:55 PM   #435
Smok3y
∞+1
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Smok3y

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechild View Post
2X, I haven't trained during 2x time yet. I wonder how much fater I will level.
Twice as fast.

Sorry, but you totally asked for that one. =p

Smok3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:52 PM   #436
tsugomaru
FFR Player

So anyways, I just leveled to 27, hopefully tonight, I'll finish the last part of 28. Tomorrow I'll try to finish 29 and 30.

Squeek, next time you're in Loa and I'm on, just tell me. I always need to head back to town, my inventory is always full of weapons to NPC.

Just out of complete curiosity, I want to know how shops work in this game. I bought an item once and I got it, but I don't remember how I did it. The other day, I tried buying my level 24 whip, which had quite a bit of +attack to it, but it didn't end up in my inventory. I still paid for it, but it wasn't there. Did I have to drag the weapon into my inventory? I quickly got over it and went back to Heiharp to level, where upon my first kill, I got a Noble Lvl 30 Azure Knight sword. After dying because of the lag, I opened a shop to sell the weapon for 20k. When I came back hours later, I sold the weapon -- I closed the shop and checked my inventory to see if I got my money and to my surprise, it wasn't there! Did I have to withdraw my money from my earnings?

~Tsugomaru
Old 09-29-2007, 08:49 PM   #437
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smok3y View Post
Twice as fast.

Sorry, but you totally asked for that one. =p
Well, technically in nunvice you won't level twice as fast because the ending exp bonus doesn't double.

But I think I need to play during these events. I need all the help I can get to get to 55. My god it's boring. :<
Old 09-30-2007, 04:38 AM   #438
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

It gets fun at 55.

I mean I hit 55 on what, Tuesday night? And I didn't even go to Crespo until Wednesday night. It's been 4 days now and I've gained 4 levels.

Yeah, I hit 59. Word. Curse Field is even better than I thought it would be. The range is SO MASSIVE. And it cools down while it's being used, so I can lure another batch while the helpless creatures take massive damage.

Today was a blur, man. I got on early and got 20% in some crappy party, then found an 88 with some cool people who all died because two idiots went AFK and didn't tell anyone. We even had two segnales healing. Sheesh. Then I scored a new party, which fell apart. Then another party that stuck together for about 8 hours swapping out members here and there. At 89% to 59, the party disbanded out of the blue. Two people stuck with it, so we couldn't AOE kill anymore. Took a long time to get that last 11%. Oh, and along the way, Blood Hit leveled again. Does 2k per swing for 6 swings.

Curse Field is really, really amazing. 1,500 damage per hit at level 1. Insanely huge radius. Knockback on mobs over and over again to the point that I don't even have to use a heal skill. I can't KB the giant mobs in Crespo yet, but I can take care of all the minions =)

Edit: Three good things about this video. 1: Dead Front. 2: Curse Field. 3: Holy crap EXP.

Put your mouse on where the character's EXP starts, then compare throughout the video. Heck, compare during the very first fight. It's ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnE9K2RlztQ

Last edited by Squeek; 09-30-2007 at 05:00 AM..
Old 09-30-2007, 08:21 AM   #439
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

those big dragons are part of an event and I think that we should participate in it, because it has great prizes and Dil.

EDIT: Plus Sh*t Load's of EXP (Reach ;D)
Old 09-30-2007, 12:23 PM   #440
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Kay, it's totally my turn to post about my progress yesterday. I hit 30 and by chilling with Squeek when he was playing with his Curse Field, I hit 31. Which was pretty awesome, all I have to do is grind my way to 32 to get my next level of Blood Hit. I won't be in today so the chances of me hitting 34 so I can start Nunvice is pretty low, but at least I know I'll make it before the 2x xp this coming weekend.

The shop problem was solved. I found two more nobles while leveling from 27-30. When I opened the shop, the 20k that I earned was in the earnings portion of the shop.

I'm going to grind one more level in Castor Cave. I really love it there. I've got my kill rotation down to the point where I never have to stop to wait/find a monster to kill. This means my Blood Hit is always on cooldown because I can use it immediately when it's up. I haven't been to Heiharp much so I have no idea how to grind there efficiently. It takes a little longer to kill the mobs there but hopefully, it'll become drastically shorter with my new level of Blood Hit. If not, I'll be grinding my levels to 34 in Castor Cave.

~Tsugomaru