Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 07:12 PM   #421
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Eric, getting to level 12 takes about 2 hours.

You should have listened to me in the first place.

~Squeek

Edit - Page 29 lolx
Old 07-28-2005, 07:39 PM   #422
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I started a mage today. I rolled 4/5/11/5. I'm awesome.

I've never done a mage before (well one that I got past lvl 8), so what should I start putting skill points on at level 8?
Old 07-28-2005, 08:22 PM   #423
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Magicians: Roll a 4/4 at best, 5/5 at worst in the stats for Str and Dex. If possible, try this:

4/4/11/6 (Str/Dex/Int/Luk)

Finally, my favorite class. It's also the one that most people play (sadly) and the one most people screw up. You want Int. That's all you care about, EVER. Int. Luk is there just so you can equip new stuff. The general formula is to have level + 3 in Luk. However, that's a crock. Only add Luk when you need / want to instead of just adding 4 int and 1 luk every level. Why? Because having more Int not only means more damage, but more MP increased the next time you level up. Please do your skills as such. If you don't, you will regret it.

1 Energy Bolt
5 Increasing MP Recovery
10 Increasing max MP Increase
10 Magic Claw
Save 3 levels of SP
20 Magic Claw
16 Increasing MP Recover
20 Magic Guard

But, that's not necessary. You can also leave Claw at 10, max out MP Recovery, then start saving points for Claw. However, DO NOT TOUCH MAGIC ARMOR. It is a crappy skill that will not help you. Magic Guard is there so you can live. Magicians have incredibly low HP. Magic Guard makes it so you can live while killing harder enemies, or just use potions less often while leveling. I've already had to use it at level 54 with my Cleric just to GET to the place where I wanted to level.
lolx
Old 07-28-2005, 08:41 PM   #424
hydrojakep
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to hydrojakep Send a message via AIM to hydrojakep Send a message via MSN to hydrojakep Send a message via Yahoo to hydrojakep

I'm expiramenting with my mage, and it's actually working.
MP eater first skill
Get lightening to 20 or so
Put one in tele
Cont with lightening

Now, i'm going to slowly increase mp eater, lightening and tele until lightening is maxed, then i'll get cold blast and meditate.

I dont really see those important though.

This is a lot of fun.

Old 07-28-2005, 08:48 PM   #425
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

Just got level 26. And did the PQ, finally, Got 3 diamond ores as a prize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
Old 07-28-2005, 08:48 PM   #426
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Hydro, stop Lightning at 15. It costs twice as much once it's at 16. You save SP for a few levels, then dump them all in when you feel it's right. I'd say level 38 at the EARLIEST.

Other than that, do what you want. It's your character.

~Squeek
Old 07-28-2005, 09:09 PM   #427
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

doing okay I guess. I'm up to level 9, following the hidden street guide. it's working quite well, for having rolled a 4/6/9/6

Old 07-29-2005, 05:02 AM   #428
Wayfaerer_
FFR Player

I just hit level 30 with my archer and became a crossbowman. I'm going to follow this build, I just finished making it by looking at the Crossbowman skills on Hidden-Street and from some of the advice of some of my friends on MS. Anyone see any problems with it?

30 - 1 on Iron Arrow
31-37 - 19 on Mastery, last 2 on Crossbow Booster
38 - 3 on Crossbow Booster
39-48 - 30 on Final Attack
49-55 - 20 on Power Knock-Back, last 1 on Iron Arrow
56-65 - 28 on Iron Arrow, last 2 on Crossbow Booster
66-67 - 5 on Crossbow Booster, last 1 on Soul Arrow
68-70 - 9 on Soul Arrow
Old 07-29-2005, 06:19 AM   #429
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrESqueek
Wow, the idiot who stole the source code from Xrea has failed.

http://aporo.s54.xrea.com/

That is the real site.

~Squeek
You didn't notice that when you click on the "Try On - Male Mode" that it links you to the Geocities site, now did you?

:P

It'll take me about 40 minutes to finish up leveling from 36 to 37.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:33 AM   #430
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfaerer_
I just hit level 30 with my archer and became a crossbowman. I'm going to follow this build, I just finished making it by looking at the Crossbowman skills on Hidden-Street and from some of the advice of some of my friends on MS. Anyone see any problems with it?

30 - 1 on Iron Arrow
31-37 - 19 on Mastery, last 2 on Crossbow Booster
38 - 3 on Crossbow Booster
39-48 - 30 on Final Attack
49-55 - 20 on Power Knock-Back, last 1 on Iron Arrow
56-65 - 28 on Iron Arrow, last 2 on Crossbow Booster
66-67 - 5 on Crossbow Booster, last 1 on Soul Arrow
68-70 - 9 on Soul Arrow
Let me quote someone I consider to be the smartest crossbowman who posts on SW.

Quote:
I've tried both. I had FA in beta. I'm FAless now.

I'm very much of the opinion that FAless owns. Hard.

DS+DS from FAless build is going to happen in roughly the same timeframe that DS+FA in the FA build. The difference? DS+DS is far stronger.

If you flinch something with DS(not an unreality, especially if you're a crossbowman), and FA activates, the monster will NOT be flinched again by FA. It will walk up to you, and proceed to beat on your ass. This is especially bad with Macis, who you can kill with relative ease if you just flinch them constantly at a distance.

FA is Arrow Blow. It has Arrow Blow's knockback capabilities. It has Arrow Blow's problems as well, namely lower average damage than DS, and much more unstable damage. It turns 2 hit kills with DS into three-hit kills when it hits the very low end, which it does more often than DS does. DS has several damage ranges. Low on both shots, one low one high(two different chances of this), and high on both shots. As such, Low/Low is much more unlikely than High/Low. FA/AB would only have Low/High, with roughly equal chances to both. DS is more stable in damage, and stronger.

Another problem. FA is a second shot. You can't jump, or move when it triggers. It slows you down if you shoot at air. When it "saves time" by shootinga monster behind the one you're killing, it's really just replacing the DS shot you would've fired at the monster behind it. It holds you still. This is bad, especially against monsters you could have otherwise dodged. What monsters? Mushmom. Fire Drakes. Taurospear. Yeti variants. Jr. Balrog. Werewolf. Lycanthrope. Bain, even. Granted, the last few you won't fight with DS+FA, but the point still stands. An FA archer has almost no chance to survive against Jr. Rog, as once it triggers, Rog will kill him. No hit-and-run when you're frozen by something you can't control.

The pros of getting Final Attack? Final Attack saves you money on potions. Whee.

And my build?

After advance(with 9 focus), then my build went like this...

19 Mastery
15(mob skill)
9 Booster
3 Soul Arrow
15(mob skill) MAX
20 PKB MAX
11 Focus MAX
7 Soul Arrow (to level 10)
11 Booster MAX
10 Soul Arrow MAX

At least, that's the plan. I maxed everything but Final Attack, my second attack skill, and Blessing. I think there might be a leftover point which you could chuck in mastery for style.

---

Arrow Bomb/Iron Arrow are mob skills. Final Attack only hits one enemy. However, Arrow Bomb and Iron Arrow still trigger Final Attack. When Final Attack is triggering, you are shooting one monster for much more than the 130%(arrow bomb) or 180%(Iron arrow) you were. The other 5 monsters? With Arrow Bomb, they're probably recovering from stun(doubly bad, because stun is not guaranteed, and stopping them would take multiple bombs) and just about ready to stomp your face. With Shishkabob(yay Iron Arrow!) the monster in front just took a huge amount of damage, and the others that Iron Arrow hit behind it are ready to give you some of the same.

If you're skipping Final Attack, you don't really have much else to put points into. 10 points into your second attack skill will be, sad to say, pretty worthless. 10 points in blessing? Archers have the highest accuracy in the game, we don't need more from a passive skill. 10 points in Soul Arrow means an extra 5 minutes of Soul Arrow(it adds 30 seconds per point). 10 minutes of soul arrow would have the same MP efficiency as 5 minutes of soul arrow, and it would conveniently last exactly 3 times as long as a level 20 Bow Booster.
Hope that helps. Like I said, I've never made an archer.

~Squeek
Old 07-29-2005, 12:39 PM   #431
Wayfaerer_
FFR Player

Thanks, I won't touch Final Attack considering what he said, and I'll probably follow his build, although maybe with Focus and Soul Arrow coming later. I dont mind carrying arrows that much.

I just got hacked for the second time in two weeks about a half-hour ago also, the first time the hacker only took my ores and a few Equipment items, but this time my character has nothing but arrows and some money in the bank. I'm not sure how I am being hacked, because after the first time I ran all kinds of programs to try to detect anything unusual on my computer and they all came up blank, and I changed my password too. Does anyone have any idea about what is causing this or how to prevent it?
Old 07-29-2005, 01:50 PM   #432
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Tosh, get out of the game.

The community does not need anymore people using hacks, ok?

I hope that thing had a keylogger in it.

~Squeek
I made it.
---
Come back on Bera, I hate being the Squeek because everyone else is too lazy to look on hidden-street.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:34 PM   #433
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'm sure you made it.

Why should I come back to Bera when I love Scania?

Besides, I think everybody deleted me from their list.

~Squeek
Old 07-29-2005, 02:54 PM   #434
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

No really, I never cared to go find other people's whenever I needed something done.
---
Because I'm making a Luk Bandit and the guides suck, and because I want to talk to you :/
Old 07-29-2005, 04:01 PM   #435
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Tosh, fusi0n is one. Talk to him. ethug is his Bera name.

I know a ton about thiefs too, but not really the bandit side of them.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:17 PM   #436
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

My friend (Luk Bandit) just got to level 70 and did the only part of the 3rd job advance that is out.

He did this:

19 Mastery
30 Savage Blow
6 Booster
20 Haste
20 Booster
20 Endure
11 Steal?

And his Deadly Fin is amazingly hot, though poorly-scrolled.

~Squeek
Old 07-29-2005, 04:27 PM   #437
banditcom
FFR Player

That looks about right Squeek. Although I'm a HUGE fan of haste and booster, Bandits need their mastery and savage blow badly...

Here's my much cooler dream Assassin than blitzmage's:
Old 07-29-2005, 04:31 PM   #438
-Fallen-
xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

I want a fucking Panda

So anyways...

Got a 17 def Pan Lid, Blood Chaos Robe, like 2.5mil mesos (500k goes to Jason whenever he gets on)

Patrick (AlphaProject) got Black Bandana, Dark Chaos, and hit level 35. yep...
Old 07-29-2005, 05:43 PM   #439
fusi0n
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to fusi0n

Quote:
My friend (Luk Bandit) just got to level 70 and did the only part of the 3rd job advance that is out.

He did this:

19 Mastery
30 Savage Blow
6 Booster
20 Haste
20 Booster
20 Endure
11 Steal?

And his Deadly Fin is amazingly hot, though poorly-scrolled.

~Squeek
Might as well put another point into mastery with those extra points. Since I guess Steal steals the item it would have dropped anyways, there's not much use for it, not to mention the low %. I'll probably end up maxing disorder and then putting my remaining points into dark sight, or maybe vice versa

o ya

Old 07-29-2005, 06:56 PM   #440
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

After seeing another assassin video, I think I might revert into an assassin :/ They do so much damage with all four of their hits from a range.
Closed Thread