Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-2-2009, 10:45 AM   #401
R3v0lut10nm4st3r11
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Otaku Speedvibe [EDIT]

Yeah stargroup, i said a lot of stuff before this against the token. And it kinda went downhill from there. You came along and added fuel to the fire XD. Thanks man.

Top 3 finishes

2nd Place-Can you Beat Dragon's Fury Tournament (expert)
2nd Place-Dragon Fury's Team Tournament (advanced)
3rd Place-Phantom/Slayer Rock Fest (advanced)

This might be the stupidest comment I have ever heard in my life.
R3v0lut10nm4st3r11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2009, 01:15 PM   #402
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I don't care if the song is Otaku Speedvibe; I just think the idea of the token itself is a good one.
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2009, 02:25 PM   #403
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup View Post
okay this is stupid for multiple reasons

1. otaku speedvibe is not a fun song to begin with

2. for the idiots who think number 1 is subjective, otaku speedvibe does not generate a fun chart

3. for the idiots who think numbers 1 and 2 are subjective, the edit difficulty is stupid. there isn't supposed to be a difficulty above oni, edit is only there for EDITING. you're taking a technical part of stepmania and you're making become this. just make a completely different file

4. you can't really make otaku speedvibe any harder than it already is without making it complete bs

5. we don't really need this token in the first place. people will whine that they can't get it and more drama will ensue. effort just isn't worth it. people who do become this good will naturally play more. but, this is the weakest of the reasons I have listed, so if really necessary you can ignore this

6. isn't the point of ffr to try and stay away from being like sm? if you put in heavy oni and edit then what is the difference between these two games besides mods and timing windows

7. THINK ABOUT THIS. IS THIS REALLY A GOOD IDEA
Don't call anyone an 'idiot'. Makes you look like an 'idiot' when you havn't read the thread and point out already discussed factors.

It was already said that a song OTHER than Otaku could be implemented, but the point of the thread is for recognition through a token, like how Oni was/is. Also, there's already [heavy]/[oni] so, adding [edit] wouldn't be that big of a deal? Besides, [edit] would only be used for Otaku, UNLESS another song is used. Then it can be called whatever it is. It's not that big of a deal.

It's been discussed throughout the thread and many of the active forums members support this. Most that are against the idea is because they themselves don't believe they can achieve such goal and will feel demoralized if the token is created.

Quote:
you know what's funny? you get like more than 80 supporters and all it takes is one person to make a smart comment and voila, suddenly it's not such a hot idea anymore

you wanna know why? maybe it's cause this idea sucks
I don't really see smart comments...

Has anyone's mind who supports this has changed? If so, how many of them? Is it a reasonable amount of members compared to 80+ who do support the token?

Maybe it doesn't suck. Just assuming...
Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him
EAGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2009, 02:33 PM   #404
stargroup
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
I don't care if the song is Otaku Speedvibe; I just think the idea of the token itself is a good one.
here's the problem

lots of people here have been playing a long time. they've played all the best stuff, from holy orders, to planet karma, to final step, to blue rose, etc. most of these being public or not that hard to get

and suddenly you want to create the ultimate skill token and the song they earn is speedvibe. yeah that'll go well.

that's the problem with most of these skill tokens. too much work for a crappy file
Old 08-2-2009, 02:39 PM   #405
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!

Quote:
here's the problem

lots of people here have been playing a long time. they've played all the best stuff, from holy orders, to planet karma, to final step, to blue rose, etc. most of these being public or not that hard to get

and suddenly you want to create the ultimate skill token and the song they earn is speedvibe. yeah that'll go well.

that's the problem with most of these skill tokens. too much work for a crappy file
Hopefully a song can be chosen that's promising both step wise, and difficulty wise.
Quote:
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him
Old 08-2-2009, 02:41 PM   #406
stargroup
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGAMES View Post
Don't call anyone an 'idiot'. Makes you look like an 'idiot' when you havn't read the thread and point out already discussed factors.
yeah sorry for being an idiot but there were posts immediately following mine that agreed with me sooooooo

Quote:
It was already said that a song OTHER than Otaku could be implemented, but the point of the thread is for recognition through a token, like how Oni was/is. Also, there's already [heavy]/[oni] so, adding [edit] wouldn't be that big of a deal? Besides, [edit] would only be used for Otaku, UNLESS another song is used. Then it can be called whatever it is. It's not that big of a deal.
if the point of this is the token itself, then why is does the first post still mention crap about edit?

also the point of edit being stupid is that IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A DIFFICULTY. WHAT KIND OF DIFFICULTY IS NAMED EDIT ARE YOU RETARDED?

I don't care if it's just used for otaku it doesn't need an edit, and edit is stupid, and the whole song is stupid

and it IS a big deal. "oh this isn't a big deal that isn't a big deal NOTHING IS A BIG DEAL IT'S ONLY A GAME : D" well what a crappy game it is then

Quote:
It's been discussed throughout the thread and many of the active forums members support this. Most that are against the idea is because they themselves don't believe they can achieve such goal and will feel demoralized if the token is created.
monkey sh*t

active forum members mean nothing. notice how as soon as I made a comment people started listening to me? it's called bandwagon, and if you wanna succeed in getting your voice heard here, you have to be the leader of one. and it's not hard to do that

besides, more people will whine than be pumped

Quote:
I don't really see smart comments...

Has anyone's mind who supports this has changed? If so, how many of them? Is it a reasonable amount of members compared to 80+ who do support the token?

Maybe it doesn't suck. Just assuming...
don't see any smart comments from you either. YOU THINK EDIT IS A DIFFICULTY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

also I doubt the majority of the 80+ members will actually come back to this thread once they posted their support. you're gonna have to petition the petition and everyone will follow once again

once again, bandwagon

maybe this idea still sucks................

Quote:
Hopefully a song can be chosen that's promising both step wise, and difficulty wise.
this is the whole point
Old 08-2-2009, 02:45 PM   #407
customstuff
♥C.S. + A.M.♥
FFR Veteran

Quote:
okay this is stupid for multiple reasons

1. otaku speedvibe is not a fun song to begin with

2. for the idiots who think number 1 is subjective, otaku speedvibe does not generate a fun chart

3. for the idiots who think numbers 1 and 2 are subjective, the edit difficulty is stupid. there isn't supposed to be a difficulty above oni, edit is only there for EDITING. you're taking a technical part of stepmania and you're making become this. just make a completely different file

4. you can't really make otaku speedvibe any harder than it already is without making it complete bs

5. we don't really need this token in the first place. people will whine that they can't get it and more drama will ensue. effort just isn't worth it. people who do become this good will naturally play more. but, this is the weakest of the reasons I have listed, so if really necessary you can ignore this

6. isn't the point of ffr to try and stay away from being like sm? if you put in heavy oni and edit then what is the difference between these two games besides mods and timing windows

7. THINK ABOUT THIS. IS THIS REALLY A GOOD IDEA
Okay, you're stupid for mulitple reasons.

1. Otaku Speedvibe is fun for everyone but you. Everyone has their own opinions on things. Plus, THE SONG WILL NOT BE OTAKU SPEEDVIBE. Read the damn thread!

2. Both Otaku Speedvibes are very fun and the EDIT would be really hard, which is even funner.

3. They already did the EDIT difficulty in many files in SM. We're not the ones that "screwed it up".

4. You can add 64ths instead of 32nds, make more jumps, and make it a jacky file. It can still go to the music while being an FGO.

5. People are already whining anyway. Basically everyone will stop whining about [Oni] and start whining about [Edit] so it would equal the same amount of whining. It could be even less because the people that are good enough to get [Oni] are smart enough to know not to whine.

6. FFR doesn't have holds, mines, and SM has a lot more modifiers. SM is all about accuracy whereas FFR is combo based. FFR files have to be good to make it into FFR while anyone can make an SM chart. FFR has a mute button. FFR also is internet based, so anyone can play. You have to download SMO and a bunch of other packs just for a chance to play a song or two.

7. THAT ISN'T EVEN A POINT

You know what's funny? Everyone thinks your opinion is useless and everyone likes this idea just as much as before you made your comments.

Voila, you're the "idiot"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
welcome to D6

start playing

Last edited by customstuff; 08-2-2009 at 02:51 PM..
customstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2009, 02:55 PM   #408
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup
if the point of this is the token itself, then why is does the first post still mention crap about edit?
That was the intial idea, but the it broadened throughout the thread. Maybe if you would have read it, you'd know...
Quote:
and it IS a big deal. "oh this isn't a big deal that isn't a big deal NOTHING IS A BIG DEAL IT'S ONLY A GAME : D" well what a crappy game it is then
That's not what I was implying, but ok.
Quote:
active forum members mean nothing. notice how as soon as I made a comment people started listening to me? it's called bandwagon, and if you wanna succeed in getting your voice heard here, you have to be the leader of one. and it's not hard to do that
Aren't the active members the ones who PARTICIPATE in all aspects of the game? How does that mean nothing?

It's another if some/most/all are retarded and bandwagon everything.
Quote:
don't see any smart comments from you either. YOU THINK EDIT IS A DIFFICULTY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You were implying that your posts were 'smart'. I never stated that mine were.
Quote:
also I doubt the majority of the 80+ members will actually come back to this thread once they posted their support. you're gonna have to petition the petition and everyone will follow once again
True, most of them I havn't even heard, nor seen of so, chances are slim. Though it's of little value from those members, the idea is still supported.
Quote:
Apparently, the song choice sucks from your point of view, as well as other's (me too), but the idea as whole doesn't.

Also, why are you ruling out the idea in general if you agree with me.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
EDIT: Customstuff, stargoup isn't an idiot. He's cute. I like him. I expect to hear more of his concerns for the good of FFR as a whole.

brb food. *hungry*
Quote:

Last edited by EAGAMES; 08-2-2009 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: stargroup <3
Old 08-2-2009, 03:13 PM   #409
stargroup
FFR Player

Quote:
retarded bullsh*t
Okay, you're stupid for mulitple reasons.

1. You will write "Otaku Speedvibe is not fun." 500 times on a blackboard after school.

2. You will write "I do not enjoy playing bullsh*t files." 1000 times on a blackboard after school.

3. So because a few people screwed it up, instead of fixing the problem you're gonna contribute to it. "Hey this guy's already injured why not injure him some more. Hell, let's kill him."

4. You can't add 64ths because they're retarded. You can't add jacks because FFRtards can't usejacks correctly. It may be stepped technically correct but it won't go to the music.

5. I hope my proper use of the English language has earned some respect from y- PFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

6. blahblahblahblahblah are you done yet?

7. YOU CAN'T DETECT SARCASM

You know what's funny? You're retarded and everyone still bandwagons.

also eagames isn't stupid, though he may be average. he's just way too blindly optimistic <3
Old 08-2-2009, 03:25 PM   #410
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!

Hey, Stargroup! Customstuff isn't an idiot. You're cuter, though. <3

Also, AVERAGE? wth... </3
Quote:
Old 08-2-2009, 03:57 PM   #411
R3v0lut10nm4st3r11
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
You know what's funny? Everyone thinks your opinion is useless and everyone likes this idea just as much as before you made your comments.

You know what's funny? Everyone doesn't support this dumbass. At least EA respects opinions and offers his own view on it. He ACCEPTS that there will be people that oppose this and people who support it. Stargroup has a good point. You just started trying to talk down stargroup because your in support of this token.
Also, you know what's funny? I agree with his opinion. Everyone has an opinion. Take after EA and accept criticism. If i make a thread and i get people that bash it BUT actually give suggestions, i will accept it. But then there are people like you that just say "OMFG THIS SUX, GO KILL YASELF CUZ MAHSELF OWNS K BYE".

Voila, you're the "idiot!

Top 3 finishes

2nd Place-Can you Beat Dragon's Fury Tournament (expert)
2nd Place-Dragon Fury's Team Tournament (advanced)
3rd Place-Phantom/Slayer Rock Fest (advanced)

This might be the stupidest comment I have ever heard in my life.
R3v0lut10nm4st3r11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2009, 04:07 PM   #412
stargroup
FFR Player

lmfao ok ok stop bashing

geez

I do it because I always sound angry =/
Old 08-2-2009, 05:04 PM   #413
dore
caveman pornstar
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dore

spoiler alert

otaku edit is godawful
dore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2009, 05:12 PM   #414
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!

lol *waits for carlos*
Quote:
Old 08-2-2009, 05:19 PM   #415
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen

Quote:
stargroup-ness
ARBITRARY JAZZ SONG GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

Seriously, I wouldn't mind seeing another file like Blue Rose in FFR as an unlock. =)
TC_Halogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2009, 05:25 PM   #416
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
ARBITRARY JAZZ SONG GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

Seriously, I wouldn't mind seeing another file like Blue Rose in FFR as an unlock. =)
You mean another extremely long song that people don't want to whore for an AAA? ><;
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2009, 05:49 PM   #417
stargroup
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHandNow View Post
You mean another extremely long song that people don't want to whore for an AAA? ><;
personally I think the reward for doing well on a scoring file shouldn't be another scoring file

if you made some sort of an accomplishment you should relax with an exhibition file such as blue rose or planet karma (sorry for naming only my own files but I don't know any other ones because I don't play them)
Old 08-4-2009, 04:54 PM   #418
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Why are people so angry?

Best AAA: Frictional Nevada (Done while FFR was out, so it doesn't show in my level stats)

Resting. I might restart playing FFR seriously someday.
mhss1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2009, 04:57 PM   #419
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHandNow View Post
I love Blue Rose--the only reason I don't play it is because it brings back memories of me getting to 3k combo with an AAA and then having my old keyboard die out. D:
TC_Halogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2009, 06:54 PM   #420
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
I love Blue Rose--the only reason I don't play it is because it brings back memories of me getting to 3k combo with an AAA and then having my old keyboard die out. D:
That has got to suck.. I feel you!
Happened to me in a PC room -- I had BB Evo AAA'd up to note 2000 then the keyboard died out..
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote