Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #401
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Xoon 5: The Transition Submissions Open

hahahahahahahahaha

that vid is gold

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:19 AM   #402
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

it seems judges prefer wap anime music to a solid classical song, I see
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:33 AM   #403
Dr Tran
Banned

id prefet classical music over wap anime any day
Dr Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:54 AM   #404
TC_Cyrenics
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TC_Cyrenics Send a message via MSN to TC_Cyrenics

...Assuming they're stepped at the same quality, classical music reigns far supreme over wap/loli music any day. (PS Kommi should let Synexi review more often)
TC_Cyrenics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:08 AM   #405
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

what classical might that be jx
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:42 AM   #406
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

chopinnnnnnnn

also judges don't like wap stuff better. in fact rebirth has rejected stuff for being too animu just cuz
kommisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #407
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patashu View Post
it's not called 'castle of the guy' it's called 'monty on the run'

****ers
Au contraire, Monty on the Run's tune is a lot longer than this, so instead of cutting the long version I took the one that was already cut, i.e. the one of castle of the guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:16 AM   #408
ninzaburo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
ninzaburo wtfffffffff was that hahaha
Lol, she sings Chaosmaid.

Quote:
ps im rin-dude
What, How may accounts do you have?
Old 11-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #409
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Wait about three days. I'll have a file (maybe)
Old 11-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #410
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninzaburo View Post
Lol, she sings Chaosmaid.

What, How may accounts do you have?
kommisar
kommisar[os]
rin-dude
arsenic-5150-

that's all i can remember. and i had access to dimentio for a bit
kommisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #411
xferrarix
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xferrarix

i finished something for this.. need testers (meaning people who are actually knowledgeable in simfile making, not random nubs) many questionable parts to me so i need some help nailin them out
xferrarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #412
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld View Post
Gundam and/or Kommisar, can you help me with my technical errors please?
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #413
Gundam-Dude
`~`

(Icyworld) Hurry Somebody Up
- Very first note, you can emphasize it with a hand rather than a jump.
- Measure 3, right after the down jack, make those two notes hands.
- Measure 4, 2nd 4th note should be a hand.
- Measure 4, 4th 4th note should be a hand.
- Measure 5, 2nd 4th note should be a hand.
- After Measure 5, you're layering jumps to the guitar. Personally, I'd layer the percussion (every other 8th note should be a jump) and layer the guitar as holds. Your layering makes it feel empty and underlayered.
- Measure 7, 64th/192nd mini-freezes can be applied to the [34] jump. [13] 4th jump following afterwards can be a hand or jump with mini-freezes. Personally, a jump with mini-freezes would fit better because using hands are rather too intense for that particular noise.
- Measure 8, [12] jump can be a hand or jump with mini-freezes, pending on the sound intensity.
- Measure 8.75 (4th note) you missed a jump. Jump can be a hand or jump with mini-freezes, pending on the sound intensity.
- Measure 9, you should've layered the percussion. 16th jack would fit nicely. [12] jump can be a hand or jump with mini-freezes, pending on the sound intensity.
- Measure 10, [34] 8th jump should be a jump with 64th/192nd mini-freezes. [34] 8th jump following afterwards can be a hand or jump with mini-freezes, pending on the sound intensity.
- Measure 12, the [34][12] jumps should be jumps with 64th/192nd mini-freezes.
- Measure 13, the beginning of your second jack starts late. It should actually begin right on this measure. [24] jump following afterwards should be a hand.
- Measure 14, [3] hold should be a hand.
- Measure 15, [24] jump can be a hand or jump with mini-freezes, pending on the sound intensity.
- Measure 16, [34] 4th jump can be a hand or jump with mini-freezes. Directly afterwards, part is rather empty. Right before the [12] hold should be a 16th note. Judging from how you layered directly afterwards, it seems better to connect the two with a 4th note to keep the flow.
- The [12], two [24] 8th jumps AND [14] 4th jump can be hands or jumps with mini-freezes, pending on the sound intensity.
- Measure 18, [14] jump should be a hand.
- Measure 19, [34] jump should be a hand. Directly afterwards, I don't know why you didn't layer the descending [4321] pattern with long holds. You seemed to have missed that completely.
- Measure 20, the [34] jumps can be hands or jumps with mini-freezes. There's an inconsistency with how you layered because the first two are mini-rolls while the other two are 32nd jacks. I don't know what you were trying to do there. Also why is the first set of mini-rolls 32nds while the second set 48ths? It's the exact same sound being played.
- Measure 21, You screwed up the minijack layering. Lower the rate and turn on assist tick and you'll figure out how to properly layer it. Also you missed the long percussion jacks. Following [34] jump should be a hand.
- Measure 23, 2nd [14] jump should be a hand.
- Measure 24, [12] jump can be a hand.
- Measure 25, [3] 4th note should be a hand. [12] 8th jump following should be a jump with 64th/192nd mini-freezes.
- Measure 27, [13] 4th jump should be a hand.
- Measure 28, [34] 4th jump should be a hand.
- Measure 29, [14] 4th jump should be a hand. Also a long hold to layer the guitar note being held. [3] 8th note following afterwards should be a hand.
- Measure 30, [34] 4th jump should be a hand. Also a long hold to layer the guitar note being held. [34][12] jumps following afterwards should be hands. Also long holds to layer the guitar note being held.
- Last 4 notes aren't pitch relevant. They should be descending rather than ascending. So rather than [1][3][1][4], you should perhaps mirror it and do [4][1][3][1] instead (This is just an example. Anything would be fine as long as it's descending.).

Overall, you underlayered. Noticed an inconsistency from Measures 1-13 where you layer the guitar with jumps and afterwards you start layering them with long holds. It'd be better to work in those holds for the first 13 measures for the guitar. For this song in particular, it'd be better to layer the percussion with jumps (a jump every other 8th note). Hands for cymbal crashes and intense/dominant sounds. Mini-freezes to accent particular sounds such as the bells where 64th/192nd mini-freezes would do justice.

Rejected. Fix up the above and I might lightly accept.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #414
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
- After Measure 5, you're layering jumps to the guitar. Personally, I'd layer the percussion (every other 8th note should be a jump) and layer the guitar as holds. Your layering makes it feel empty and underlayered.
- Measure 7, 64th/192nd mini-freezes can be applied to the [34] jump. [13] 4th jump following afterwards can be a hand or jump with mini-freezes. Personally, a jump with mini-freezes would fit better because using hands are rather too intense for that particular noise.
- Measure 8, [12] jump can be a hand or jump with mini-freezes, pending on the sound intensity.
- Measure 8.75 (4th note) you missed a jump. Jump can be a hand or jump with mini-freezes, pending on the sound intensity.
- Measure 9, you should've layered the percussion. 16th jack would fit nicely. [12] jump can be a hand or jump with mini-freezes, pending on the sound intensity.
- Measure 10, [34] 8th jump should be a jump with 64th/192nd mini-freezes. [34] 8th jump following afterwards can be a hand or jump with mini-freezes, pending on the sound intensity.
- Measure 13, the beginning of your second jack starts late. It should actually begin right on this measure. [24] jump following afterwards should be a hand.
- Measure 15, [24] jump can be a hand or jump with mini-freezes, pending on the sound intensity.
- Measure 16, [34] 4th jump can be a hand or jump with mini-freezes. Directly afterwards, part is rather empty. Right before the [12] hold should be a 16th note. Judging from how you layered directly afterwards, it seems better to connect the two with a 4th note to keep the flow.
- The [12], two [24] 8th jumps AND [14] 4th jump can be hands or jumps with mini-freezes, pending on the sound intensity.
- Measure 19, [34] jump should be a hand. Directly afterwards, I don't know why you didn't layer the descending [4321] pattern with long holds. You seemed to have missed that completely.
- Measure 20, the [34] jumps can be hands or jumps with mini-freezes. There's an inconsistency with how you layered because the first two are mini-rolls while the other two are 32nd jacks. I don't know what you were trying to do there. Also why is the first set of mini-rolls 32nds while the second set 48ths? It's the exact same sound being played.
- Measure 21, You screwed up the minijack layering. Lower the rate and turn on assist tick and you'll figure out how to properly layer it. Also you missed the long percussion jacks. Following [34] jump should be a hand.
- Measure 25, [3] 4th note should be a hand. [12] 8th jump following should be a jump with 64th/192nd mini-freezes.
- Measure 29, [14] 4th jump should be a hand. Also a long hold to layer the guitar note being held. [3] 8th note following afterwards should be a hand.
- Measure 30, [34] 4th jump should be a hand. Also a long hold to layer the guitar note being held. [34][12] jumps following afterwards should be hands. Also long holds to layer the guitar note being held.
- Last 4 notes aren't pitch relevant. They should be descending rather than ascending. So rather than [1][3][1][4], you should perhaps mirror it and do [4][1][3][1] instead (This is just an example. Anything would be fine as long as it's descending.).

Overall, you underlayered. Noticed an inconsistency from Measures 1-13 where you layer the guitar with jumps and afterwards you start layering them with long holds. It'd be better to work in those holds for the first 13 measures for the guitar. For this song in particular, it'd be better to layer the percussion with jumps (a jump every other 8th note). Hands for cymbal crashes and intense/dominant sounds. Mini-freezes to accent particular sounds such as the bells where 64th/192nd mini-freezes would do justice.

I love you cutiepie <3
I think what you ment to say was fix the whole thing.
Sums up everything into one small sentence. :3

Last edited by WTFBrandon; 11-12-2009 at 06:12 PM..
WTFBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #415
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.

Dayamn, GD doesn't half-ass his ****.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #416
Gundam-Dude
`~`

In-depth reviews take too much time which is why I usually do quick overviews, rofl.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #417
dood gone krazee
RATOOOOOOOOO

Send a message via AIM to dood gone krazee Send a message via MSN to dood gone krazee

Uhhhh did Eulogy ever get reviewed? I don't remember. D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Thomas View Post
Dood... you done gone got yourself krazee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsona View Post
I hear back in 12 AD Jesus Himself sent an FGO to Tass and it got a 9 by JX

"[++] 9/10
Very good file but not japanese enough ps hi jesus"
dood gone krazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #418
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!

Wow, that's quite an in depth review, thank you so much gundam dude!
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #419
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post

Oh my...
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #420
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Oh dear... :O