Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 06:51 PM   #381
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Well, I am having company over for the night, so I will have limited access, thus, I am going to vote cstar. I know he isn't solid, but he isn't in my group, which has grown to be pretty big, so there is a chance to be a wolf. I have talked to Tass as well, and the logic seems ok, that, and I trust his instinct. I don't know what Cstar can do to change my mind, though I feel he should give it a shot.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:56 PM   #382
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117
Although I still have some suspicions of roopert.. like Eric said, CStar is more worth voting than him. With Kilga's slipup, weird Kilga / Omega things that Tass pointed out, and the fact that Kilga was checking the IP of someone we know to be human, I'd say it's damn likely CStar is a wolf.
He's more worth voting? Excuse me, what does that mean? Is he a better player, and his loss would mean a greater boon fr the wolves? Is that why it's more worth voting for him?

I don't know if the Kilga/Omega things actually meant anything. Omega could just have been pulling weird shit out of his ass and feeding it to us with a shovel. That could mean that Kilga really was not a wolf at all. Or it could mean he was a master wolf--because if the seer went contrary to Omega's logic (which would have been advisable, considering calling what Omega was using "logic" glorifies it more than just a little bit), and they seered Kilga/CStar and he appeared human, Kilga/CStar (the master wolf) would be accepted into whatever "alliance" the wolves assumed to exist. Boom, instant wolf victory.

Luckily, if that was what Omega was trying to do, nobody paid that much attention to that little detail until just now. Therefore, no (master, especially) wolves in the alliance.

I don't know what to think.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:57 PM   #383
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

Well, I'm off for the rest of the night (or maybe until like 11:45 or so). My vote will remain where it currently is.

Also, I IM'd Qreepy, Afro, and LD telling them to vote. Qreepy and LD sounded like they'd vote later tonight, Afro is still afk.

Old 08-27-2005, 06:57 PM   #384
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Ahh, you know what? Fuck it. I don't want a phantom.

CStar FLARE (LOL?).

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:59 PM   #385
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

I really really thought I just posted, damn.

Tass. Why? Because I just got home from work, I've got tons more work to do for my father, I have to be asleep by 12, and I honestly don't know who to vote for. There is BS stuff with Cstar, tons of subs, don't think eric is a wolf cause he just IM'd me telling me to vote, so I'm sorry, but today is a saftey vote, there is no one that strikes me as a wolf, it was luck that I got Omega.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:06 PM   #386
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

CStar - 5 (Tass, eric, dance. TPS, Qreepy)
eric - 1 (roopert)
Tass - 1 (LD)

12 of you = 7 for insta. 2 more to kill CStar and avoid phantoms for all (not that you bastards deserve it, since you get all inactive in my game!! D=< ).

And so you know, the less interest you all show in the game, the less interest I will show in making good flashes, just as other hosts will show less interest in making good stories that you will all enjoy. DON'T YOU WANT GOOD FLASH MOVIES?! Be active guys, c'mon!

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 08-27-2005, 07:17 PM   #387
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

I'm active. Almost as active as that radioactive hairdo of yours.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:54 PM   #388
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

flux, where you at? cstar, where you at?

honestly I'm not positive about cstar right now. I said way back at the beginning of the day that he was one of my top two choices and I won't be pissed when ('if' isn't really a possibility now) he gets lynched. There's a decent chance he is the master wolf (which might explain kilga's degree of regret, as well as his very human-seeming early behavior) or even not the master, I just don't see it as guaranteed.

also, here's an interesting tidbit from omega about cstar:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega
Is my "kilga not a wolf" reasoning dumb? You bet. But I bet it's not wrong. You could say it's a wee bit like a gambling. That's really all I can say.
now I dunno about you, but this almost says to me that omega is saying "cstar is a human because I know he is because I'm a wolf and obviously I would know." It kinda makes cstar seem human to me.

Also there's the fact that cstar openly on the forums challenged my pm thing, criticising me for sending it in a pm instead of just posting it in the forum. He was pretty strong in his criticism, whereas omega was just like "good idea talisman, I'll play along." Of course, different wolves can have different approaches, I'm just pointing it out.

On the other hand, cstar voted for me with absolutely no explanation, nor has he offered one since (or actually posted!).

So for now, flux/hans. He was my other choice going into today, and I don't want to put cstar that close to insta without giving him and flux a chance to post.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:01 PM   #389
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by QreepyBORIS
He's more worth voting? Excuse me, what does that mean? Is he a better player, and his loss would mean a greater boon fr the wolves? Is that why it's more worth voting for him?
I meant there's more evidence on him than I have on roopert. I have a way with words, people.

Uh, should we just insta CStar so nobody gets a phantom? I'd like to see CStar post, but when four people haven't voted, what are you gonna do..
Old 08-27-2005, 08:25 PM   #390
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Unf, talisman makes me want not to vote CStar.

But usually when I go back on what I said earlier, it always ends up having been right the first time. So I'm sticking to it, albeit a little regretfully.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:28 PM   #391
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

I know what you mean Qreepy....

but at the same time, would Omega be that obvious? Basically get himself killed and give Kilga a freepass? I can't see any reason he'd act like that. If I were a wolf with him, I wouldn't be happy about that... assuming Kilga is human.

I guess we'll know soon.

Then again, if Kilga is human, I bet the wolves are now very happy that I overthought his comments.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:53 PM   #392
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Who hasn't voted?
Old 08-27-2005, 09:11 PM   #393
talisman
Resident Penguin

Who hasn't posted?

flux and cstar.

(I think)
Old 08-27-2005, 09:11 PM   #394
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

CStar - 5 (Tass, eric, dance. TPS, Qreepy)
eric - 1 (roopert)
Tass - 1 (LD)
Flux - 1 (talisman)

That leaves.. Flux, CStar, nforcer, and Afro.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:57 PM   #395
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

One hour left.. Now that my friend's gone, I'll see if those four are on AIM. If not, we should have two people switch onto CStar to insta him.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:00 PM   #396
talisman
Resident Penguin

in all honesty I think the kids deserve their phantoms, if that's how it's going to be.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:02 PM   #397
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Frankly dAnce... and, I know people will disagree with this, but hear me out....

I've had a TON of games where people blindly followed my votes, and thats great... but it doesn't help at all for figuring out who is a wolf and who is a human. my point is, it gives the wolves a great cover to put a legitimite vote on someone that would otherwise come up smelling.

What you are asking is the same thing. If CStar is human, it gives the wolves (or equally likely humans) cover to vote and insta CStar. And it makes them look like they are good guys for saving others from phantoms. What you fail to realize is that ONE PHANTOM WILL NOT HURT ANYONE WHEN IT COMES TO INSTA-LYNCH.

Take 4 players left... 3 for insta. Phantom = .00001 for 1st. 2.000001 is less than 3. aka, still need 3 real votes. BUT, should it come to that, the 2 wolves could vote for the phantom people, and it would be the same as an insta, even though it isn't actually one... phooey.

Regardless... I don't agree with openly asking people to randomly change their votes to save 2-3 people from phantoms. It clouds the ability to see WHY someone voted for someone else.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:09 PM   #398
talisman
Resident Penguin

I agree completely with that. In fact,

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman on day one
Making a decision to lynch someone as a group is retarded this early, it gives the wolves a window of opportunity to get votes in there that can't be srcutinized as easily the next day if the lynched person turns up human.

If everyone just votes for who they will, then it becomes easier to tell "ok, was this guy just throwing away a vote to fade in the background or did he truly think this player was a wolf?" or "is this guy trying too hard to justify his bandwagon?". Plus basic strategy is ruined. We know all three wolves most likely won't vote together day one, and if we all decide to vote for someone at the last minute this info can't be used the next day.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:10 PM   #399
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Guys. I'm all for lynching Cstar.

You may recall I accused Kilga of being a wolf just after his IP checking shenanigans. Go back to day 2, because I don't feel like telling you why he's a wolf again (especially since everyone else has it covered pretty well).
Old 08-27-2005, 10:12 PM   #400
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Yes Afro... but at least for me, his checking the IP has NOTHING to do with why I'm voting him. I believe Kilga when he says it was an honest mistake.