Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-7-2009, 12:46 AM   #381
Prime8
Awwwwwww!
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBlue Coordinator View Post

(16-12-9-6-3-2)
Advanced:
megamon88 - (AAA)
Megamanmaniac - (AAA)
Quasar889 - (1-0-0-0) [FC]
krunkykai22 - (1-0-0-0) [FC]
CrownClown
Not_Popular
---------------------
cedolad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedolad View Post
It's me again with my daily score patrol lol. I noticed something pretty major, especially if one of you guys running this didn't catch it before starting the new round. Cedolad got a 2-0-0-0 [FC] on Wish, but his score was never put on here. That should take him out of the red and let him advance to the next round (sorry Not_Popular, but this would bump you down and out of this round. No hard feelings? )

And yeah Hammy, I understand that you don't have the time to do all this updating, especially when you're running most of it on your own. I too am swamped by my college work (but I've been putting it off for a bit too long ). If you need to, let Quasar889 or me or whoever help keep stuff running whenever you or norse or kjwkjw aren't available. Like Quasar, I'm frequently checking this thread often, so if you need the load lightened a bit, please don't be afraid to ask.
Old 04-7-2009, 01:32 AM   #382
kjwkjw
>w<
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Team Blue's 1st Tournament

Sorry about the hour-and-a-half delay, guys. I'll be updating now and choosing songs for Round 4. =)

Goodbye and good riddance, military service (February 23, 2015 ~ February 22, 2017)
Project Sekai 437 / Princess Connect! ReDive 265
Old 04-7-2009, 01:53 AM   #383
TeamBlue Coordinator
FFR Player

Round 4 songs have been posted. Best of luck to everyone!
Old 04-7-2009, 02:27 AM   #384
Prime8
Awwwwwww!
FFR Veteran

Oh man, this is a toughie. My best before this tournament was 64-12-0-47. I just tried a few times and slightly improved it to 31-14-0-18. Good luck to kjwkjw and yoshiisland on this (although I'm pretty sure you guys will totally stomp on this score haha).

Old 04-7-2009, 04:21 AM   #385
Quasar889
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Here's my crappy first run through of Szamar Madar.

Haven't done this song in a while. It's likely that I'll actually go try to AAA this one.
Placeholder Score:
Old 04-7-2009, 09:28 AM   #386
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

i have a question... crownclown in advanced didnt even post a score last round ... why did he advance????
Old 04-7-2009, 09:35 AM   #387
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Probably just because he was above the line.
Old 04-7-2009, 09:38 AM   #388
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

yeah but still ... if you dont post ... you didnt participate ... honestly i dont think they should have advanced ... but thats my opinion ...
Old 04-7-2009, 10:25 AM   #389
Gun92
FFR Veteran

I understand, but if it hasn't been done since the beginning, it wouldn't really make sense to do it 4th round in or what ever round we are on at this point.
Old 04-7-2009, 11:10 AM   #390
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3

i can see it happening in the first or second round but not after that ... the stakes are higher now and it seems like persay if he does post a score in this round where the hell was he before ... did he think it was a free pas to this far?? thats kinda not fair ya no ...
Old 04-7-2009, 11:25 AM   #391
Gun92
FFR Veteran

Like I said, I understand your point. Ive run close to 20 tournaments myself and Ive played in plenty where I have managed to get past a round because I forgot about it do to a prior good score in a round or just most people not submitting, which they both go hand in hand. When it comes down to it, you just got to move on and deal, which sucks yes, but thats the way things go most of the time.
Old 04-7-2009, 12:13 PM   #392
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime8 View Post
It's me again with my daily score patrol lol. I noticed something pretty major, especially if one of you guys running this didn't catch it before starting the new round. Cedolad got a 2-0-0-0 [FC] on Wish, but his score was never put on here. That should take him out of the red and let him advance to the next round (sorry Not_Popular, but this would bump you down and out of this round. No hard feelings? )

And yeah Hammy, I understand that you don't have the time to do all this updating, especially when you're running most of it on your own. I too am swamped by my college work (but I've been putting it off for a bit too long ). If you need to, let Quasar889 or me or whoever help keep stuff running whenever you or norse or kjwkjw aren't available. Like Quasar, I'm frequently checking this thread often, so if you need the load lightened a bit, please don't be afraid to ask.
Cedolad's score wasn't up there because I noticed it was unrecorded. (Appeared to be in the screenshot at least.) At the time, I wasn't sure whether to bother updating with it because of it being unrecorded. I eventually decided that I'll accept unrecorded scores as long as it's obvious that they are recent, so I would have made the final updates today if no one else did. It would have been properly handled in the end either way. I didn't say anything about it earlier because he said "brb with AAA" so I figured it wouldn't matter anyways.

And thanks for volunteering you two, but I'd rather wait and let norse and kjw do their duties as co-leaders. If it becomes really necessary, I'll put together that tournament organizer group that I talked about in the past.

Huggge thanks to kjw for getting round four up. So glad I don't have to take care of all of that right after getting back from class this morning.

Edit: Oh, and about the lack of scores in advanced...Yeah, it is really lame. If there is a lack of submissions for this round, I may just lower the prizes for the division. I would hope that would get people to be dedicated and submit a score. We can't have lazy/undedicated people here. It ruins the fun for the rest of us.

Last edited by HammyMcSquirrel; 04-7-2009 at 12:28 PM..
Old 04-7-2009, 12:17 PM   #393
Gun92
FFR Veteran

Hammy, if you need help for a tournament or what ever, I'll be glad to help and lend my knowledge from what I've done in the past with tournaments and what not
Old 04-7-2009, 12:27 PM   #394
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun92 View Post
Hammy, if you need help for a tournament or what ever, I'll be glad to help and lend my knowledge from what I've done in the past with tournaments and what not
I'll definitely keep you in mind if I put together that group of members who would help out with running tournaments. (As well as Prime and Quasar.) If I did put the group together, the members of it would help out with updates and side-activities such as bonus rounds. They could also help get team events together and notify others on the team when these events would start and such. The group would most likely only consist of five members at most. That should be enough along with the two co-leaders and myself.

So yeah, I'll be thinking about it.
Old 04-7-2009, 12:35 PM   #395
Gun92
FFR Veteran

One should hope so at least Alright, first time I played this I was laying down and got a clean 65-0-0-0 and I rofl'd a little so I told myself, alright, sit up and try for real and then I got this, wonder if I will have to improve at all.
Old 04-7-2009, 01:07 PM   #396
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3

for advanced we have five people other than crownclown that have posted in every round ... so nearly its only fair for us five should get the credits depending on how we finalize ya no what i mean? ... but its ok we'll see out it all turns out
Old 04-7-2009, 01:23 PM   #397
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunkykai22 View Post
for advanced we have five people other than crownclown that have posted in every round ... so nearly its only fair for us five should get the credits depending on how we finalize ya no what i mean? ... but its ok we'll see out it all turns out
Well, it's really a matter of how simply submitting any score will allow you to pass on to the next round. When there are a lot of non-submitters, a high credit prize isn't as appropriate because people don't really have to work for it. I'm hoping that I won't have to lower any prizes 'cause I understand there are those who have been trying regardless of if they really needed to. I'll just be keeping an eye on things and thinking about what to do in case there are still people who are not trying.
Old 04-7-2009, 01:24 PM   #398
Gun92
FFR Veteran

Well, for all you know, he won't submit again or someone else in your division might not submit this round either. Its all about consistency in my book. Some hosts aren't consistent at all while others strive to be as consistent as possible. Just do your best and win some credits
Old 04-7-2009, 02:20 PM   #399
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

Yes! I didn't think I'd do this good on this song, but I'll try to improve if I can.

Old 04-7-2009, 02:39 PM   #400
Psychotik
Heckin' Cute
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Damn **** ****! Almost tied Gun but I got a stoopid ****ing good on the last step!
I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.
Closed Thread