Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 11:01 PM   #21
QED Stepfiles
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QED Stepfiles
Default Re: Pack in Progress: QED Anime Stepfiles 33-64

No updates for another week or two... currently in the process of being pummeled by final exams.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:26 AM   #22
Timer Rabbit
FFR Player

Have to give a good comment~

I like the Pursuing my True Self simfile (click link for my gameplay video~), as I got into the P4 rave (let alone a Yosuke theme in my FFR Profile. ^^; )

I will get your CaramellDansen too, since i'm a fan, and it doesn't stop me from getting many different CaramellDansen simfiles. (I even make my own verson with P4-Dansen. ^^; )

Last edited by Timer Rabbit; 01-20-2009 at 01:32 AM..
Old 01-20-2009, 08:24 AM   #23
-Barista-
FFR Player

You should do Cutie Honey - Koda Kumi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdarkness View Post
lol i created ffr
Old 03-12-2009, 10:45 PM   #24
QED Stepfiles
FFR Player

List Updated -

Nodame Cantabile OP - ["Allegro Cantabile" by Suemitsu and the Suemith]

(Wow it's been a while. Fortunately I'm marginally less busy now and can work on some stepfiles.)

To Barista: Sorry for not responding before - I'm currently a bit overloaded with songs I want to do, so any requests are probably not going to get done for a loooong while.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #25
QED Stepfiles
FFR Player

List Updated -

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES OP - ["P3 FES" by Yumi Kawamura and Lotus Juice]
Old 03-23-2009, 03:30 AM   #26
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

Is it just me or are most of the anime packs really...
Weird =S
I don't mean it in a bad way but... they have an extremely different way to stepfiles than most people here would, which is what I guess I was trying to say.
Which I think is why Midday said what he said, like in the video posted atm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suOR6uD7ilY

It has a lot of random air notes that don't really follow anything, and weird stream. Like the start, the stream leading into another one and just... =S THe one around 255+ looks really fun and goes with the song but the others? =\
A lot of people here like songs that follow the actual song unless it makes the fun, i haven't played the file so I can't judge much but.. by the looks of it you get what i'm trying to say by weird.
Not saying that it's bad again, so don't get mad at me =p

Last edited by WTFBrandon; 03-23-2009 at 03:35 AM..
Old 03-23-2009, 06:44 AM   #27
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

It's probably DDR style exaggeration. When you deliberately limit your song selection to mostly generic, same-y songs with regards to their rhythms you have to turn to made-up 'exaggerations' to keep things interesting.
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Old 03-23-2009, 10:41 AM   #28
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Otaku's Dream

The way to overstep files for no apparent reason but hey the song is from an anime so it's cool and should have a bunch of random 16th streams that go to nothing.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Old 03-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #29
QED Stepfiles
FFR Player

Actually, now that you guys have brought this up, this is something that I'd like to address.

I'd like to start by saying that I don't step in a way that can be justifiably associated with Otaku's Dream, past the obvious fact that yes, we both step anime songs. I actually also think the majority of their songs are grossly overstepped... for that reason I never even downloaded Otaku's Dream 5.

I'd also like to make the point that when I started stepping, I kept external influences to a minimum. Apart from some of the more technical aspects (like how to write lyric files, etc.), I did not really learn to step from anybody - I just started laying notes down where I thought they fit, and my own style developed from that. I didn't even join any stepping communities (such as FFR) until I had written well over a dozen files. In that respect, I'd like to think that I've developed a truly individual style that may not fit in with conventional ways of stepping.

So yes, I've gotten a fair share of comments about allegedly "stepping to no sounds." Ironically *cough cough*, some of these comments even came from Otaku's Dream, for the short time I was part of their community. In a sense, these comments are completely called for, since it is true that many of my steps do not match with any particular sound in the song.

Ultimately, this is because in my style, I do not step to a song, but rather with a song. That is to say, I try to write steps that complement the music that I'm working with. The steps act for me like a "separate track" almost, and considering that FFR/stepmania is a rhythm game, this "separate track" usually is a percussion track. Of course, this is helped by the fact that I am primarily a keyboard writer, and the fingers make a pretty loud tapping noise when you play with a keyboard.

This is why I often seem to step to no sounds. The step itself may not go with any real sound, but the step sequence fits in with the song as a whole. The best way to see this without actually playing the song is letting my files run through with the assist tick - then you'll be able to hear precisely what was running through my head when I wrote that "random" 16 stream where there was just pure silence in the song. I think Patashu was vaguely on the right track when he said that these are "made-up exaggerations," but I'd like to think that they aren't really exaggerations at all, but rather just a new way of looking at the song that heightens the listening (and consequently the playing) experience.

Strangely enough, empirical evidence tells me that people playing my files usually have an easier time hearing the music in the steps, even though some of my steps do not go with a particular sound. And that's precisely what I'm going for. It's perhaps an unconventional way of looking at things, but as I've mentioned already the relatively isolated environment in which I developed my stepping style allowed me to steer clear of convention. And, it's given me results that I'm definitely satisfied with.

So, I hope that explains why I sometimes seem to step where there shouldn't be a step. If you don't believe me, play one of my files or run it through with the assist tick. If you want to discuss my stepping methodology further, feel free to (on this thread or through PM) - I would really enjoy a nice, mature discussion about what makes a good stepfile =D.

PS: I think that the fact that I step anime songs has a lot to do with this style. Yes, they're a bit "samey," but that's why I feel obligated to be a more creative with the rhythms, and to better explore the small nuances of each song. It's a double edged sword - on one hand it's harder to make an interesting file to anime songs, but on the other hand it allows me to be more creative with what I'm doing.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:37 PM   #30
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

well that explains it
Old 03-23-2009, 01:40 PM   #31
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

i'm judging for otaku's dream now.

expect next pack to be better
Old 03-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #32
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

Not gonna happen.
No files will get accepted.
Even if you kept the same req as you did for the Pokemon packs, they would still get rejected.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #33
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

dont discourage ppl to submit =<
Old 03-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #34
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

lol kommisar

stop judging fucen everything
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Old 03-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #35
QED Stepfiles
FFR Player

Lol I'd have to side a bit with WTFBrandon though... one judge who knows what he's doing in the midst of a dozen other judges won't make that much of an impact - it's like a drop in the sea I'm afraid. Too little, too late.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:25 AM   #36
QED Stepfiles
FFR Player

List Updated for Anime Stepfiles 33-64:

Tetsuwan Birdy Decode:02 OP - ["Kiseki" by Nirgilis]
Old 03-29-2009, 06:42 AM   #37
lnick
FFR Player

To everybody here who visits this thread; i'd like to explain a bit as to who this guy is.

QED is without a doubt, one of the most obnoxious, ignorant, and arrogant douchebags in the world to date.

To explain what happened to him; he was with OD for awhile, that was until he was banned for utter stupidity and arguing about completely nonsense. QED's simfiles are without a doubt, some of the worst simfiles ever made. I (along with some people over at OD who actually step decently. ) do usually pick up generic or semi-generic anime songs that I choose to step because I like the song. When I do step them, I try to make them fun, HOWEVER, I -DO- take in to consideration the fundamentals of stepping files, pitch relevancy, semi-interesting patterns, and technicality. Even though anime songs more often then not lack interesting sounds to step to, I try to make it fun and keep technicality in the simfile.

QED on the other hand does not. To explain what you were trying to convey, Brandon, the feeling you got when you were playing his files WAS in fact a bad feeling. QED's simfiles and his stepping style in general is on rock bottom of the chain of people who step anime songs. His simfiles are a nearly perfect and flawless example of what anime simfiles should NOT be. He combines total bull**** with 0 technicality, pitch relevancy, and for the most part, fun patterns. He steps to, most of the time, absolutely nothing. Just take a look at ANY of his simfiles and you will see.

I really, REALLY hate the fact that his abominations are allowed into public, they are, as a whole, a huge contribution to the stereotype of how all anime simfiles are terrible and overall, they just ruin any reputation in those types of songs and files. It's very shameful, and I feel that this affects me and Otaku's Dream as well. Our simfiles are NOT like this. To be honest, the closest to his simfiles we have gotten was in the first mix for OD. The first mix was terribad, 97% of the simfiles were complete **** by both today's standards and 2006's standards with the exception of 2 simfiles, but still. To give you an example of how QED's files compare; the worst simfile in OD1 is probably at or most likely above that of any of QED's simfiles in terms of fun, technicality, and pretty much everything. It's like comparing -3 to -1000, obviously -3 is better, but it's still ****. THAT is how bad QED's simfiles are.

We have had numerous discussions regarding how QED goes about creating these steaming piles of **** he calls simfiles, and no matter how hard we tried to explain to him that he was doing it wrong, he totally ignored and denied everything.

To everybody who sees this thread, please do yourself a favor and do not waste your life like this by downloading QED's simfiles.

Eating dog feces is a better way to waste your time and life as opposed to downloading, loading, and playing these worthless pieces of junk.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #38
Soulbringer
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnick View Post
To everybody here who visits this thread; i'd like to explain a bit as to who this guy is.

QED is without a doubt, one of the most obnoxious, ignorant, and arrogant douchebags in the world to date.
I see no need to quote anymore of what you said as its obvious you do not like the guy (to be frank you obviously hates his guts).
I dont know what irretates me the most the fact that you flame someone elses stepfile collection (aka artistic product) or the person making it. Just shows someone hasnt been brought up to be a decent person. As you obviously show complete lack of tact.

For the readers, yes QED stepfiles are different from what you see around the intertubes.

I think WHY i actually ENJOY playing his files (yes i actually played his files before commenting :P) are because he steps to the FEELING of the music (even if that means adding some notes here and there). Which is rather rare. Most creators almost goes crazy trying to step to every little bit of sound that there is in a file, that they forget a bigger picture. Which can be especially annoying when playing anime stepfiles. Its different than what you might be used to. But if you (like me) play stepfiles becaue you LIKE the music then i can only recommended trying to get used to QEDs rather special style.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #39
QED Stepfiles
FFR Player

*sigh* Well, I don't think I really need to respond to nick's post - it's obnoxiousness pretty much speaks for itself. I mean, can anybody blame me for leaving OD after seeing that? (and yes, I left, and was not banned - my account there is still running but I just haven't been using it).

Thanks Soulbringer for your support .
Old 03-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #40
ablefoxdog
FFR Player

Quote:
To everybody who sees this thread, please do yourself a favor and do not waste your life like this by downloading QED's simfiles.
I don't really know why you're saying things like that. First of all, QED's simfiles aren't junk. It took him quite a lot of time to make all of them. So please respect others creations.

Secondly, i know that Otaku's Dream stepfiles are different from his (i know because i play them too. I even have the 5th one with all varieties). But QED's stepfile are far more rythme oriented than OD's.

Personaly, i play OD's files mostly for challenge, but most of the time i like to enjoy fun stepfiles like Jubo's or QED's, which i find myself playing over and over again, enjoying the music, and not having overburned fingers.
And QED's stepfiles are really special in a way that he puts steps in the right place, in the right moment. His sync is near perfection. If you want fun stepfiles, QED is the best. If you want to challenge yourself in stepmania, go for Otaku's Dream. (which reminds me, never play them with HP keyboards, they really suck)

And keep up the good work QED, you have my support.
Closed Thread