Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2004, 04:21 PM   #21
VxDx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to VxDx

Quote:
Originally Posted by VxDx
In this case, Arch was just an example that was given to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I still think this topic goes back to you hating the fact that arch is a mod.
VxDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 04:22 PM   #22
Anonymous
FFR Player

no i dont want to, just as arch is a mod, i will do this, and you can do nothing about it, so accept it...putting a face to a personality, ive never heard that or imagined that ever in my life...you just walked your way around in a circle and its obvious youre trying to back your way out without looking a complete jackass...good luck...and if you really didnt want to start an arguement you would have never put archs name in there, good example or not...i mean its not like you really know how he acts in real life
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 04:36 PM   #23
VxDx
FFR Player

Quote:
Stop trying to start an arguement
How does Arch being a mod have anything to do with you posting anonymously? Why wouldn't you want people to know that it's you posting?

People put faces to personalities all the time. I assume that you've never heard anyone say something like "that's not how I imagined you" or "he/she looks a lot different than I imagined.".

Look, Arch was an example. He was easy to use because he acts like a jackass a lot on here, and one would imagine that he doesn't as much in real life. Frankly, I've had a few people in this thread that agree with me and my choice of example. I never said "Arch acts mean but really is a big pansy who doesn't have any friends." I clearly said "one must wonder if he gets any respect" Did I say he didn't? no. I said that one must wonder, which means that it makes you wonder.

This topic wasn't about Arch until you made it about him, so kindly stop trying to prove whatever it is you think you're proving for whatever flawed reason you may have.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:52 PM   #24
Anonymous
FFR Player

what does arch being a mod have to do with me not logging in, well let me explain, whether you like or not it will continue and you can nothing about it, so accept it...and people do know its me posting...I made it about him? man youre retarded, like i said before if you hadnt used him as an example no one would have said anything, plus synth was the first person to even address the arch issue...

Quote:
This topic wasn't about Arch until you made it about him, so kindly stop trying to prove whatever it is you think you're proving for whatever flawed reason you may have.
haha, what a pathetic way to try to wiggle your way out of the corner you backed yourself into...and dont give me this bullshit about how arch is an 'example' and nothing more...i recall you telling me about this thread, its purpose, and who would be mentioned in it nefore you even made the thread...oh and also who put you up to it
Old 04-13-2004, 05:04 PM   #25
VxDx
FFR Player

hmmm, this puts us in an intersting position, seeing as this even better illustrates my point. I told you over the phone that I was going to make a thread about the difference between people on the internet and in real life, including arch as an example. You said nothing really on the matter, and yet you came here and made a big deal about it. The discussion about arch was the reason I made the thread, but the thread itself uses Arch only as an example. You'll note that I made no reference to this pissing off Arch or anything like that when we talked. You'll also note that in the thread, Arch was only briefly mentioned.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:12 PM   #26
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I think it is funny that people talk about FFR on the phone... That's pretty cool.

</randomness>

Cheers,

Synthlight
Synthlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 05:15 PM   #27
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Wow...Its like a sophisticated flame war...
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 05:20 PM   #28
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Let's hear it for Synth and his randomness. That sounds like something Jewpin would do.

Anyway Vx, whether or not you're trying to, you do come across as a bit of a hypocrite, here. I mean you're funny, and I realize that you're joking, as do most people- I highly doubt Synth feels that you saying "go kill yourself" was meant with malicious tone. But you're saying that some people act like assholes online to compensate for their social status in real life, and well...you kind of act like an asshole sometimes. I laugh when you say "shut up n0b" (well, the first time I did, after time 284938 it got old), but when you say that to a n00b who doesn't know any better, he's gonna take you literally. That's the difference between real life and internet right there, the inability to use gestures or tones that can make it clear what you mean.

Listen. You're not a bad guy in the slightest. But don't post stuff like this commenting on other people's behavior, when yours is so highly critisized. I mean half the people I talk to refer to you as the "forum troll." You do have a brain, because it surfaces in threads like this, or computer threads, or threads when you actually try to be serious- you just don't use it in 99% of your postings.

And really, your obsession with Arch's modding needs to stop, and that goes for you too, Maka. If you're suprised that people are connecting whatever negativity you write with Arch, then you obviously havn't been reading your posts lately.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 05:20 PM   #29
Anonymous
FFR Player

Quote:
hmmm, this puts us in an intersting position, seeing as this even better illustrates my point. I told you over the phone that I was going to make a thread about the difference between people on the internet and in real life, including arch as an example. You said nothing really on the matter, and yet you came here and made a big deal about it. The discussion about arch was the reason I made the thread, but the thread itself uses Arch only as an example. You'll note that I made no reference to this pissing off Arch or anything like that when we talked. You'll also note that in the thread, Arch was only briefly mentioned.
please, you just continue to bullshit, you and i both know your intent and the purpose of this thread and it was not to generally talk about peoples personalities in real life and on the internet...and youre right i didnt make a big deal out of it before, youre point is...

then i bring you up, like you brought up arch, and then you get right back on the defensive...if you cant take the heat, dont dish it out...
Old 04-13-2004, 05:42 PM   #30
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Very interesting stuff going on here.. While the discussion continues I must leave for a few hours and go speak about something much more important. I am attending a diabetic support group tonight and will be speaking about insulin pumps and how they have changed my son's life for the better.

Cheers,

Synthlight
Synthlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 05:50 PM   #31
Jordy0823
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Jordy0823

well, back on topic... i try to be as much as i can on the net like i am in real life... most (if not all) things I post.. i would definately say in real life.. whether i got my ass kicked or not.. thats how I am...
Jordy0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 08:07 PM   #32
Anonymous
FFR Player

i dont see any reason to continue to argue..well let me rephrase that, i dont see any reason to continue making vxd look like an idiot so i will stop...these forums are a form of entertainment thats what theyre here for and when i come on these forums i look to make things entertaining for me and the members...in this case/thread i really have no strong feelings either way, but i knew i could back vxd into a corner...so why the hell not...maybe im pissing him off and acting like an asshole towards him, but its greatly entertaining for me and many other users im sure...everyone likes to see him get 'served' and this thread was the perfect opportunity...for all your entertainment needs make sure you give me the heads up, i can spice things up
Old 04-13-2004, 08:12 PM   #33
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
i dont see any reason to continue to argue..well let me rephrase that, i dont see any reason to continue making vxd look like an idiot so i will stop...these forums are a form of entertainment thats what theyre here for and when i come on these forums i look to make things entertaining for me and the members...in this case/thread i really have no strong feelings either way, but i knew i could back vxd into a corner...so why the hell not...maybe im pissing him off and acting like an asshole towards him, but its greatly entertaining for me and many other users im sure...everyone likes to see him get 'served' and this thread was the perfect opportunity...for all your entertainment needs make sure you give me the heads up, i can spice things up
OH SNAP VX GOT SERVED!

Up shut. If you have an actual account, you have no reason to be logged in as a guest just to "serve" him.
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 08:16 PM   #34
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I agree with VxDx very much in everything he said. But it gets more complicated. I have little if not no life outside of my time on ffr, and it really does affect me. I know very well what to take seriously and not, but what I'm saying is FFR is more my "real life" than anything else. I do act differently on the internet. I inhibit myself less and I think the internet is where I act without the innate fear of meer physical appearance/sound. I'm not sure about other people but on the net, through the friends I make and the things I write, I am the person that I wish I could be. Actually...that's kinda sad.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:22 PM   #35
makaveli121212
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to makaveli121212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omeganitros
Up shut. If you have an actual account, you have no reason to be logged in as a guest just to "serve" him.
you wanna get served too....im the guest, every guest, it was explained somewhere on the first page, i was too lazy to log in, and by no means was i trying to conceal my identity...plus no one can blame me for whrong now anyway
makaveli121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 10:10 PM   #36
VxDx
FFR Player

It's funny that you think that I "got served" when the response has been mostly...

Quote:
and i kinda agree with you Vx (first time i think i have ever said that)
Quote:
I think what VxDx is true
Quote:
Erm, for this particular thread Arch0wl makes a good example...
Quote:
I agree with VxDx very much in everything he said
Old 04-13-2004, 10:42 PM   #37
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

served. XD
Old 04-14-2004, 01:03 AM   #38
Anonymous
FFR Player

What about people with speech impediments, or people that mumble, or talk really softly.

Everybody's voice is the same volume in text. It puts people on a more equal playing ground. It's pretty hard to intimidate somebody who's 1000 miles away from you, which is what a lot of people depend on to win arguments.

"The internet is the megaphone of the meek."
-perfect_fat (SOOOOO COPYRIGHTED!)
Old 04-14-2004, 05:15 AM   #39
Specforces
Yes
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Specforces

Interesting randomness Synthlight, how about we get this thread back on the topic of socio-power complexes?

Specforces
Old 04-14-2004, 05:22 AM   #40
Monoc
FFR Player

You can still shout out your opponents on the internet by being overbearing, overtly critical, and YELLING at people. A lot of people, even through the anonimity of the internet, still feel a minor twang of rejection if someone swats them aside and says STFU FUCKTARD, especially if it is from an established member of a community to one who is trying to join.
I really don't think that that is much of an issue in this particular debate because everyone is already established and obviously don't give a fuck about what other people think of them, but you have to understand that some people take the internet more seriously than they probably should.
Monoc is offline   Reply With Quote