Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Music Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2004, 01:56 AM   #21
babybenji2004
Banned

Send a message via AIM to babybenji2004 Send a message via Yahoo to babybenji2004
Default RE: Re: RE: HOME VERSIONS & HOMEPADS

i dunno. DDR extreme (us) has the same layout as Festival DDR. And i'm not the biggest fan of festival DDR. (i'll write a review for it later)
babybenji2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2005, 03:49 PM   #22
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Does anyone have that old obscure game, DDRPC? XD so inferior to SM.

Nah, if Festival DDR has the same structure, then I guess a second review isn't necessary.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2005, 01:15 PM   #23
babybenji2004
Banned

Send a message via AIM to babybenji2004 Send a message via Yahoo to babybenji2004

I guess your right. I will still do short review though.I have an ungodly old demo of ddr pc and its so crappy you really want to kill yourself.

Festival DDR
Same as US extreme except different songs and festvall ddr is from japan so you need a mod chip. Also has some nice songs by, be for u (ki-se-ki)

Review well done
babybenji2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:02 AM   #24
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: HOME VERSIONS & HOMEPADS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX
Chromer's review is fine IMO (if my opinion even means anything XD) because everytime he made a biased statement, he ALWAYS had "in my opinion" or "i think" or something of the sort added to the phrase. Never did he flat out say "DDR MAX IS BETTER THEN DDR MAX WORD UP NO ARGUMENT". If you don't like the review, then write one yourself

Quote:
In this humble black person's opinion
Pahahah...that part made me laugh, was 'humble black person' really required? XD oh well.
I thought that was funny as hell Healing lol.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:57 PM   #25
MilkMan187
FFR Player

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: HOME VERSIONS & HOMEPADS

Any have the Metal blue spark v3.5 pad? if so could u tell if its good or not, cause i just ordered one.
MilkMan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:44 PM   #26
B3NJ1
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to B3NJ1 Send a message via MSN to B3NJ1 Send a message via Yahoo to B3NJ1

Never heard of it. Sorry.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:59 PM   #27
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

What about DDR Disney Mix?
I guess I will write a review about it...
Disney Mix is a fun, light-hearted version of DDR that will almost "grow" on you.
The addicting songs and the fun steps make the songs awesome...
They also have maniac mode for the DDR veterans... The only con being that you have to pass every song on trick, and it takes a while.
Disney Mix does not have a lot of songs, but it does have variety.
Also, dance magic is a very fun extra battle mode type mode that is relatively addicting if you have some friends over. However, the computer is merciless...
DDr Disney Mix is a fun game if you like the Disney songs and a feel of a more childish game!
O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
ckj846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-7-2005, 08:18 PM   #28
debit13
FFR Player

I kinda wish that they would add a computer A.I to play against you in DDR if you wanted to. It would bring about a unique and quite different experience to the game in my point of view. But not everyone likes to play with others...
debit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-7-2005, 09:25 PM   #29
emccky
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to emccky Send a message via MSN to emccky

It would be stupid.. because the computer would just have to do random misses and stuff so they don't AAA every song so it really wouldn't be a challenge.
emccky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 07:24 PM   #30
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

But still, they should have some sort of difficulty setting for the computer at least...
I mean, my sister got pissed off when she couldn't pass Small World Speed Mix, but the computer AA'ed it, no problem. Oh well, the game is old and they can't fix it now...
O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
ckj846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 11:23 AM   #31
Power982
FFR Player

if your lookin for a pad that works for your comp, an x box, and a ps2 check the ignition pad on redoctane.com
Power982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:50 PM   #32
debit13
FFR Player

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: HOME VERSIONS & HOMEPADS

Quote:
Originally Posted by emccky
It would be stupid.. because the computer would just have to do random misses and stuff so they don't AAA every song so it really wouldn't be a challenge.
Chill. J/k...

Anyways, like mentioned before there can be a difficulty setting, and it's nice to have some1 to play DDR with...even though it's an A.I... I mean, I'm 14 and an only child...I get so bored that I just lay down and wish my dull life was a dream. But i never wake up...lol.
debit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2005, 10:04 PM   #33
xsoccershortiix
FFR Player

aah! so many reviews on the game compared to the pads!

help please =D

I wanna buy a new dance pad. =]

Problem! Okaay, well, I'm on quite a tight budget, meaning I'm limited to only the soft ones, which often are quite crappy and die really fast. Does anyone have any sort of suggestion on a decent soft pad priced around, uh, $100 or less? Yes, less would be good. =] I don't have the money to pay for some wicked awesome arcade style one...

Ideas?
xsoccershortiix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 03:09 PM   #34
B3NJ1
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to B3NJ1 Send a message via MSN to B3NJ1 Send a message via Yahoo to B3NJ1

Update on RO metal pad(not afterburner)

I've been using this pad for about 2 years now and it's about gone. all the arrows are cracked and hitting fast streams is near impossible. Great for DDR but not recommended for anything with fast streams (ITG stepmania)

oh, and check this out http://www.digitalpraise.com/dancepraise.html
Old 09-23-2005, 05:42 PM   #35
B3NJ1
FFR Player

I'm going to assume this includes other bemani/music games as well

Taiko no tatsujin (psp) (Taiko drum master)

pro-Overall fun. Great mini games and decent song selection. Easy to adapt to using different buttons. It has Katamari On The Rocks and Lupin III 78.

cons-As we saw in the american version, no edit mode. I'm not sure if they included it in later version for PS2 but it's not in the psp. Also, go to gamefaqs and download a save file. You CAN unlock a challenge mode that is actually challenging and fun.

Final-Fun game and the only music game for PSP so far. I would say buy it if you need something to do in the car and probably worth the money. 3.4/5

Drum Performance (drummania controller)

Pro-Works good with some simulators. You need a ps2 adapter though. It DOES work with DTXMANIA.

con-For those who play only in the arcade, it is a completely different feel, the drum sticks that come with it are plastic pieces of garbage. I would highly reccomend buying your own (I have Vic-Firth and they work great, nylon tips are a must have). The low-tom is set weird too and it takes a little while to get used to.

Final-Cheap and works well. Good buy. 3/5

EDITED
Old 10-2-2005, 02:53 PM   #36
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Eyoshi Send a message via Skype™ to Eyoshi

I haven't tried the online feature, but I feel that I've played enough of the non-online part to make a review, and I think the non-online part is the most important matter of judging a game:

DDR Extreme 2

Pros: Possibly one of the best songlists to appear in an U.S. version ever. It has tons of new Konami Original content, such as 2 Naoki feat. Paula Terry songs, and Seduction. Songs seem to be unlocked faster than in other versions, allowing you access to what you want faster. BG graphics are updated. The Dance Master mode has a lot of objectives, and reflect more on overall playing skill (as opposed to one such as "Get 0 points"). There are lots of unlockables in the game, ranging from songs, courses, alternate characters, noteskins, 3 new modes, and even more missions. Newcomers can also get into the game, and for the most part, the remakes of classic pop songs don't sound bad (Ex: Genie in a Bottle. I thought I was going to hate it, but I don't.) Some of the new songs also feature Challenge difficulty stepcharts.

Cons: Most of the Konami Originals are locked at the beginning. They kept the Extreme US scoring system. :'( The Perfect timing window is a bit looser than Extreme US, which is a con in the sense that the challenge is somewhat reduced from other people's point-of-view.

Overall: A solid game that is an excellent addition to the PS2 series of DDR games. It caters to all types of players, and it is very fun to play, despite a few flaws. 4.5/5
Old 12-3-2005, 12:56 PM   #37
_zippy_
FFR Player

bluespark metal dance pad

it looks something like this:

pros: great if your starting out,this pad is only about 80$ compared to the 200-300$ the other ones cost. even though its only 80$,its still made well enough to play with your shoes on if you take good care of the pad.

cons: the bottom line is,this pad SUCKS if your serious about DDR,i had this pad for 2 damn months and the fucking thing broke. plus,the controller part (the start&select button)you have to hook on seperatley,it isnt attached on,so it can come unplugged during gameplay.

the bottom line is,if you are a beginner at ddr and think you'll be doing those easy songs for more than a year,this pad is for you. but if your serious about DDR like i am,you should save up for something like an iON dance pad.
_zippy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:46 PM   #38
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Does anyone have a good recommendation for me? I'd like a metal pad that's as cheap as possible that will still fit my needs. However, my needs are for the pad not to break when I'm playing really hard stuff. I might be hooking this up to the computer and playing keyboard sims, so it needs to be durable enough to withstand that kind of stuff.

The price shouldn't be the deciding factor unless the pads being decided on are very durable. Note when I say keyboard sims, I mean I'm probably going to hit 16ths at ~170 BPM at some point. Yes, I mean with my shoes on. Please don't post anything that will break under the circumstances. I'm willing to go as high as I need to.

Thanks.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:32 AM   #39
B3NJ1
FFR Player

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: HOME VERSIONS & HOMEPADS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117
I need a cheap DDR pad that works good
Doesn't exist. However...

Cobalt Flux

Pros

Has nine sensors on the pad (up, down, left, right, center, upleft, downleft, upright, upleft) so you can play pump it up (stepmania, kickitup, not ps2) or techno motion (I saw a simulator somewhere). The arrows are unbelievable. It's much easier to hit long 16th streams at high BPMs. On my redoctnce pad, I couldn't get into the first stream on Quasar. With this pad, I can get to the first slowdown with the 4th notes. Works awsome for pump as well. Read the owners manual first because you have to do a little modding to activate the center panel.

Cons

rofl

Overall-
5/5, amazing skill leap in the past 3 days that I've had it. Works awesome. Wouldn't trade anything for it.
Old 02-1-2006, 11:17 AM   #40
knn32
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to knn32

o00os i have all of them besides disney mix!! aahhh lol
knn32 is offline   Reply With Quote