Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-3-2013, 01:20 PM   #21
ELRayford
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Default Re: School Shut Down Due To "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" Ringtone.

rip b-ball outside of school =(
ELRayford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2013, 02:30 PM   #22
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Breaking news, the lunatics are running the asylum. Nothing new here guys welcome to 'murica...

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2013, 04:29 PM   #23
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

The attitude in this thread...sometimes I feel like we've all become desensitized to the point where no one gives a flying **** anymore about anything and no one wants to talk about anything anymore. But heck, I still want to talk ;~; And because of that, it seems that recently that the only thing left to talk about now is ffr/sm/osu scores and because of that, the forums haven't really kept me as entertained as before.

As with media, sure I'll agree that I don't agree with a lot of the modern day practices of the media elite. Still, ignorance isn't a solution either; simply ignoring the world around you isn't a good philosophy in my opinion. And you gotta get your information from somewhere. If you can find a true, passionate journalist online that keeps to ethical practices of journalism and does what he or she does for the true sake of journalism as opposed to profit or fame, then good for you. And if you have the resources, time, money, and connections to go investigating yourself, even better. However, we got what we got. If you're wise, you take any new knowledge with a hint of skepticism, whether it's watching the news or having someone tell you about their religion; simply shutting them off only makes you just as close-minded as you portray them to be. If anything, learn your enemy better.

Also, sure, it seems like similar things seem to happen time and time again. However, every time, it's a different story with different people, different locations, different details. Dismissing it only makes the point that things are only important for the first people involved in the first incident and it undermines and belittles the people involved in similar yet entirely new situations. If you were the fifth child from your mother, wouldn't you want her to love you the same amount unconditionally as your other siblings even though she's gone through the same process with her other children 4 times already? I swear I feel one day other huge earthquake is going to happen somewhere in the world killing countless people and all we're gonna say is, "Oh, it's just another earthquake...meh."

Anyways, sorry for getting so off-topic, it's just I've been wanting to say this for awhile and this thread seems to have provoked me to type my novel-long thoughts. Anyways, tl;dr, please people, I don't care if you've already grown balls and you've grown them to the size of freakin watermelons, but my respect points are reserved for people that have grown their hearts enough to realize that the world contains much more than themselves and their personal desires.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2013, 04:47 PM   #24
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Can you blame the companies? People will only read/watch what they want to read/watch and if it doesn't sound appealing, they'll pass on it. if they have no one reading/watching their reports, they'll lose advertising and go out of business. So they'll show weird and gimmicky reports in a desperate grab for ratings. They'r ejust doing what they can to stay relevant and in business.
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2013, 04:49 PM   #25
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Even if laughable at first sight, at least that specific staff member acted accordingly. Like the reported stated (ignoring blowing it up), better someone took action if this was serious than regret it later.

That's how I'm seeing this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2013, 05:05 PM   #26
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Thanks for addressing the OP and giving your thoughts on the topic, Charu. As for myself, I kinda think the people involved over-reacted a bit to the misinterpreted lyrics, but I guess it's always better to take some sort of action towards suspicious activity as opposed to mitigating the situation to oneself and doing nothing at all

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
Old 03-3-2013, 05:32 PM   #27
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist

"Oh no, I thought I heard some offensive lyrics on a student's ringtone. I should call the police immediately! Talking to the student about it would certainly never even cross my mind!"

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
The attitude in this thread...sometimes I feel like we've all become desensitized to the point where no one gives a flying **** anymore
It's not like there's anything we can do about it, though. Some random idiot did something stupid, hurt others, and wasted everyone's time. Shit happens. Hell, only a few days ago some 7-year-old kid was suspended from school for eating a pop-tart into a shape some teacher thought looked vaguely like a gun. If you reacted properly every time something retarded like this happened, you simply wouldn't be able to function.

Last edited by qqwref; 03-3-2013 at 05:36 PM..
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2013, 05:43 PM   #28
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor!!!! View Post
Guess I'll be the first to ask

Why is this a thread
izzy's post doesn't count
Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
"Oh no, I thought I heard some offensive lyrics on a student's ringtone. I should call the police immediately! Talking to the student about it would certainly never even cross my mind!"

edit:

It's not like there's anything we can do about it, though. Some random idiot did something stupid, hurt others, and wasted everyone's time. Shit happens. Hell, only a few days ago some 7-year-old kid was suspended from school for eating a pop-tart into a shape some teacher thought looked vaguely like a gun. If you reacted properly every time something retarded like this happened, you simply wouldn't be able to function.
The part you quoted me on, that was more in regard as to why nobody cares about anything that goes around in the world anymore it seems. I wasn't really talking about the article at hand. I agree though that they did over-react in this case. Simply talking to the student about it or even just keeping a closer eye on the student would have been sufficient in this case kinda like what you said. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-3-2013, 06:22 PM   #29
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Dohoho, you got me there.

My statement still stands though, regardless if the action that was done was not necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2013, 07:33 PM   #30
Razor
Dan "Razor" Devilz
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

i thought this was a madmatt thread
3rd: Retro City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers
I play Stepmania, so I know everything about media formats.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2013, 01:10 AM   #31
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

Quote:
only a few days ago some 7-year-old kid was suspended from school for eating a pop-tart into a shape some teacher thought looked vaguely like a gun.
how can this even be possible. the teacher should be suspended for being a tragic fuck???? i really don't understand america.
Old 03-4-2013, 01:20 AM   #32
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Better safe than sorry, I guess. School faculty members have always done this since they really can't take any bets when it comes to the safety of children; it's how I learned about marijuana. :/
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2013, 01:31 AM   #33
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

"the safety of children"

Don't give me that bullshit, USA is a country where every dumb piece of shit can get as many weapons as they please, and then someone gets haywire OVER A RINGTONE. There's nothing else to blame other than the stupidity of who is so quick to scream at the disaster and, on top of all, on the way america likes to deal with weapons.
Old 03-4-2013, 01:39 AM   #34
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Better safe than sorry, I guess. School faculty members have always done this since they really can't take any bets when it comes to the safety of children; it's how I learned about marijuana. :/
Haha what? This isn't safety, this is being ridiculous. No child is going to be in physical danger because another child had a rap song on their phone, or ate a pop-tart in an unconventional order, or any of a hundred other similar things.

The sad thing here is that this isn't some preteen kids not being able to deal with perceived threats in a reasonable way. If it was, I could understand. This is grown adults, people who are supposed to be well-adjusted enough to spend their working life around children, practically going crazy with fear over the mere hint of something dangerous. Maybe instead of trying to stop the handful of annual fatal shootings over the entire country, we should deal with the thousands of people with apparently severe mental illness who have a direct influence on how the next generation ends up.
Old 03-4-2013, 01:56 AM   #35
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Can you blame the companies? People will only read/watch what they want to read/watch and if it doesn't sound appealing, they'll pass on it. if they have no one reading/watching their reports, they'll lose advertising and go out of business. So they'll show weird and gimmicky reports in a desperate grab for ratings. They'r ejust doing what they can to stay relevant and in business.
You answer your own question in yr post. The companies are certainly to blame. It's their business strategy. Some people get paid $20 million/year to play baseball. Companies throw their money into an investment and then pay off the media to make it seem like their product is actually important, and ignorant americans EAT THAT SHIT UP! I see more people get excited about watching super bowl advertisements than the actual fucking game these days. Those athletes are getting paid exorbitantly so that the consumer has a reason to be subjected to advertisements.

sry this post doesn't have anything to do with the topic but the topic didn't give me much to work with anyways so
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2013, 03:38 AM   #36
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus
Shame on america, but first of all, shame on the small people who think they can easily profit out of population's stupidity, feeding it and making it worse.
It works, and that's why they do it. Further, there is rarely penalty and frequently profits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
Americans (and anyone really for that matter), what are your thoughts on
this video? How did you react when you heard this? Does it bother you
how morons are highlighted in news and media to the point where those outside
of America may/have/will build negative generalized opinions on based on the actions of small groups or individuals?
Or an easier question, just what are your thoughts on North American media in general?
I would say that idiots are not "small groups". I would in fact say they comprise very large groups and very large numbers. So in fact, if a foreigner to the US were to draw a conclusion based on US media that a good amount of US citizens are stupid, and if the mainstream media is assumed to cater to averages (I assume that it does, for example), then indeed it reflects on the average. I would not say it is an inaccurate conclusion to draw. On average, I would say, Americans just aren't very smart.

My thoughts on mainstream North American media is that it's generally garbage, with the exceptions of NPR, PBS, and other public broadcasting services which vary from state to state.

Also, tempted to post the Team America theme song.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2013, 04:20 AM   #37
Mourningfall
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Mourningfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2013, 09:59 AM   #38
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist

It should read "God Suspended for 5 days" Very funny, though.