Old 02-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #21
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: New Songs: February 16th, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
whoever first coined the term should be shot
whoever first used the pattern should be...

k ill stop now

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #22
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
close enough for who it's for
It has to be a 2 frame minijack in the triplet in order for it to be a cameljack. :monkey:
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #23
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

lmfao. I'd almost rather have them be at a faster BPM so at least I can cheat them. (please don't take that as a suggestion and step another camel. thanks.)

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #24
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Have Skeletor's 32nd wall be 225 bpm so you can jumptrill all 1 frame intervals!
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #25
Darkbreezee
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
If you're going to constantly criticize people's stepping, at least go learn to step yourself first so you can have some basic knowledge of what you're talking about and can appreciate the effort other people put in before you spout random shit.
/rant
well thats so true stepping might be easy , but stepping songs like most guys here, is pretty difficult ...
and seriously i rly respect the work , the simfile authors are doing here.
Whether you like the way its stepped or not is up to you , you cannot expect a person to love all 1000+ files released to this game, but talking bad about their stuff without contructive criticism is poor...
Old 02-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #26
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbreezee View Post
well thats so true stepping might be easy , but stepping songs like most guys here, is pretty difficult ...
and seriously i rly respect the work , the simfile authors are doing here.
Whether you like the way its stepped or not is up to you , you cannot expect a person to love all 1000+ files released to this game, but talking bad about their stuff without contructive criticism is poor...
That was not directed at you at all. Unless you're just making a general reply, in which case I totally agree with you.

I don't expect anyone to like every file (I certainly don't), I just expect people to at least be able to articulate WHY they don't like a file before they say so.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #27
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Haven't played songs yet.

WHY IS THE FIRST ASHA SONG NOT KAHU!?

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #28
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

imaginary sky - may have a couple pr errors but good job d00d

etude on a nimbus - the (12)(34)(12)(34)(12) patterns dont really flow too well, but since a majority of people play spread those patterns are acceptable

mahou no fou - pretty ****ing dense 11 lol. it got hard to detect what you were layering in some parts, like the climatic jumpstream where you were layering the vocals along with the other instruments when the vocals stood out the most. also the jacks were a bit forced and surprising compared to what the rest of the file had to offer.

i breathe the cosmos - no surprises from you bmah, liked this file and enjoyed the song as well. you kinda have like a ~~patashu variety~~ thing in stepping, which i like to see a lot

Last edited by AlexDest; 02-17-2012 at 08:16 PM..
AlexDest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #29
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

now that I've played all the files and have had some time to mull them over, my reviews:

imaginary sky - grace notes might be a little hard to handle for being a 2, but difficulty typecasting aside, I thought it was a neat file in itself.

i breathe the cosmos - I really disagree with the general direction modern FFR charts are heading. With bmah as the ring leader, it seems like a solid amount the new files in game have at least some type of color gimmick if its not already rainbow dump on its own. Good song choice, but I generally disagree with the way you step things, for instance why did the -I'm still calling it a cameljack, sue me- cameljack even exist when you could have just as effectively stepped it as [14]32? (and don't even try pulling the "I need perfect PR" card.) You once said that you stepped files with awkward patterns so people would play them more than once. If you want to know what type of file I'd be most likely to play more than once, you can go look at Etude on a Nimbus. Sorry about the rant, but our styles obviously clash.

Etude on a Nimbus - Perfection, expected nothing less from icyworld. It's a breath of fresh air to see a chart that doesn't use 9 colors.

Mahou no Fou - A tad bit awkward in the jumpstreams, but I really don't mind that. Those minijacks are hell though, and hi19 put it best calling them rage bait. Fun nevertheless.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #30
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

i really enjoyed all the files this week, i breathe the cosmos is probably my favourite bmah file. I'll def be aaaing that soon, it's very fun and the song is cool and refreshing. icy grats on the file in game <3 fun as expected, and mahou is fun too, i just dont have enough speed to pa the end jump streams yet, but def a good week for releases imo
j-rodd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #31
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

@rushy: You could've saved yourself the long paragraph by simply noting "it's not my style". I'm perfectly fine with your preferences in stepping. I first and foremost step files for myself so while I do consider the replayability for other players, ultimately it has to be a file that I like. The files are my vision, and I'm not your servant.

And god forbid you think I'm some sort of gang leader of the evil FFR triad haha. I'm stepping for myself, and am not trying to influence others to step my style. We have our differences, but you certainly go out of your way to throw your weight around rushy. You can get your point across without the conspiracy nonsense.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #32
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
whoever first coined the term should be shot

edit@below: yeah and I didn't use cameljacks...now the "term" is being misused, stop spreading the infamy! >:[
It's like the idiot who called AntiPA Antiskill.

They should be shot as well.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #33
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

@Rushyrulz

It would obviously be easier to spread your style by stepping more songs yourself instead of asking other steppers to have your vision of a file. Scavenger was fun, but how about a new one? In other words, how about you overthrow the Goliath that Bmah is by stepping the song he would choose your way (this is a stupid way of spreading your style but it'd work, I guess)? That Bmah guy <3

Be the ring leader. The 2012 FFR champion. Your style? Our style. Firststyle.

(this post isn't all that serious and was more just an excuse to post something in this thread because I haven't had time to play those songs. I am sure I'm going to enjoy them as always, though. Kudos to icy for his first song....... on FFR!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 02-17-2012 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: my grammar sucks and I keep forgetting to capitalize some random letters, bare with me ok?
MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #34
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

Sorry I overreacted a little bit, my rage bubble finally popped after swelling since the start of the official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
@Rushyrulz

It would obviously be easier to spread your style by stepping more songs yourself instead of asking other steppers to have your vision of a file. Scavenger was fun, but how about a new one? In other words, how about you overthrow the Goliath that Bmah is by stepping the song he would choose your way (this is a stupid way of spreading your style but it'd work, I guess)? That Bmah guy <3
I composed Scavenger, Plan_B stepped it. 90% of the files I step stay in stepmania because I truly do step for myself. My file that's currently in the queue is very much my style. Some call it straightforward and boring, but I happen to love straightforward files.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 02-17-2012 at 10:54 PM..
Old 02-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #35
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

lol wow... So you actually don't have a file you stepped in game. But you do at the same time; you have a file that just got in queue. I thought it was quite the opposite. Somehow, it took me that much time to realize I can't even read right xD Well, that post really was pointless. . Looking forward to playing your boring file!

Quote:
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 02-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #36
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI

I can't help but notice that everyone around here is pretty black and white about stepping styles. It either HAS to be straightforward, or HAS to be technical. I don't get why nobody can ever like both.
ninjaKIWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #37
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaKIWI View Post
I can't help but notice that everyone around here is pretty black and white about stepping styles. It either HAS to be straightforward, or HAS to be technical. I don't get why nobody can ever like both.
I don't think it's about liking, but more about preference. For example, I don't hate marathon files, but I prefer shorter files. I prefer simpler layering to too much of it, but, then again, I won't go on saying I hate every file that has difficulty spikes/overstepped parts.

In terms of preference, though, I believe one either likes technical or not technical. It can change in time, but you have to have an opinion... To that effect, anyone that posts a review of some file has to have an opinion, and therefore his subjective preferences (oh no not that subjective debate again xP)

Quote:
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 02-17-2012 at 11:25 PM..
Old 02-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #38
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Imaginiary Sky - This was unexpectedly fun for a low level.

Etude on a Nimbus - I love JS so I loved this file <3. It was fun to play haha.

I breathe the cosmos - I can't really say what I prefer since I like straightforward and short songs but I love and hate technical charts at the same time. This one I happen to not like probably because I didn't care too much for some of the music (some parts I liked and some I didn't). I currently have a BF on it because of some 32nd pattern at the end that screws me up everytime. The cameljack thing everyone is complaining about I always luck out and nail it haha.

Mahou no Fu - OMG those jacks are super rage bait..... only played it once but I do remember that I loved the JS. The jacks seem to be the only problem I have haha. x.x
Old 02-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #39
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Thanks for using the proper terms MarioNintendo. The degree of technicality is dependent on personal preferences. On one end of the scale there is satisfaction for how well-represented a file goes to the music. On the other end of the scale there is satisfaction for how well the file physically feels to your fingers. The ideal case is to incorporate both.

I want to correct yet another unfortunate misuse of terms: "straightforward" vs "technical". Technicality is NOT a synonym for awkwardness, but clearly the misuse of terms is trying to insinuate that and put a bad rep on the word. Technicality is simply defined as the relevance of a file to the music. That's it. People should avoid misusing this word for scare tactics to get players stepping the way -you- like it. Some people like technicality more because that simply means they like the relevancy in their stepping; it's wrong to say it's a love for awkwardness.

Last edited by bmah; 02-17-2012 at 11:37 PM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #40
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

I like technicality, blow me.

Ontopic:

Etude On a Nimbus: Fun. Typical icyworld js file. No real commentary here.

No Fu: Super fun, dense jumpstream followed by rage inducing jacks. The last jump before the file ends is an error, I believe. Kinda noticeable, but meh.

Haven't played the others yet. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
00Razor00 is offline   Reply With Quote