Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #21
Etylukah
Ultimate Gamer
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Vindictus

Played it one day and got level 11 and i'm already considering restarting 'cause i feel like i level'd too fast instead of grinding all the title and stuff and i'm losing track of which maps to grind to get X item for lol secondary quest. But yeah, this is a lot more entertaining than a lot of random free mmorpgs i've played so far..

Good game but haven't tried with anyone yet.
Are you guys playing in West or East server? ?_?

Last edited by Etylukah; 10-23-2010 at 09:45 PM..
Etylukah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #22
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etylukah View Post
Played it one day and got level 11 and i'm already considering restarting 'cause i feel like i level'd too fast instead of grinding all the title and stuff and i'm losing track of which maps to grind to get X item for lol secondary quest. But yeah, this is a lot more entertaining than a lot of random free mmorpgs i've played so far..

Good game but haven't tried with anyone yet.
Are you guys playing in West or East server? ?_?
The titles give +1 stat for stupid amounts of work. It really isn't worth it, unless the title has a funny name to it or something. Some are fun to do (Fanatical Neck Grabber - 500 sp smashes) but I get really irritated when people tell me "SPEAR KILL BOSS FOR TITLE" when I'm running Tyrant/BP or whatever. I couldn't give less of a **** about +1 WIL.

I play on East. SN is Xiao. Lv38 Fiona
Old 10-23-2010, 10:49 PM   #23
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited View Post
They're pretty big downfalls, but whatever works for you. I'd rather just ration my tokens and wait for resets.
Well, a workaround is a workaround, you can't expect it to be perfect. But, I have fun with it, and if someone else decides to give it a go, they're more than welcome to.
IAAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #24
IAAW
FFR Player

Well, today's the day where Nexon will be inviting angry Token System protesters to their offices. I'm sure lots of people are interested as to how this little event will turn out.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #25
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

I'm not getting my hopes up. The big Evie patch is only 2 days away - implementing a hotfix within this timeframe would be absurd.

Even if it came relatively soon I still can't see Nexon doing much good. Maybe I'm a pessimist.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #26
IAAW
FFR Player

The token system really doesn't effect me all that much, I hardly play Vindictus to begin with. But, yeah, I have to agree that whatever Nexon decides to do won't be happening too soon.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:07 AM   #27
IAAW
FFR Player

A bit of a double post, but the meeting has come and gone, and from what I've seen on the Nexon forums, the meeting appears to have been not only a success, but was also productive. From what I've read, bout' 15 people got chosen to go to the Nexon offices, and plenty of ideas were discussed and whatnot.

In other news, can't wait for tomorrow. Gonna get me an Evie and get her started; I believe I'll be giving her my Gnoll Chieftain Hood off of my Lann, since I'm not wearing it anymore (assuming that it's mailable). Fiona has one also, but she's keeping hers, and even if I un-permarookie her, I'd still stick with the hood. Yes, I'm that stubborn, but at least it's not like Maplestory where one incorrect AP/SP application completely screws up and nerfs your character.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #28
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Just read the thread. Seems interesting enough, but I'm skill skeptical. I'll wait and see what happens. As of right now I'm just running the dailies and logging off, then killing my tokens on Thursday/Sunday night. Or just helping random low levels run Kobold Chief or whatever.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #29
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Oh wow. They actually went with a M/Th/Sa reset, which is perfectly fine with me. Some of my faith in Nexon NA has been restored.

Time to grind!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:58 PM   #30
IAAW
FFR Player

My Evie's currently Level 13 right now, currently working to get the full Scarlet Witch set so I can be better prepared for Boat 2; this pretty much means that my Evie is permarookied for now until I can get the set together and completed. Essentially speaking, me and the Gwynn's Request and Decisive Battle battle quests are about to become very, very close friends for quite a while.

But I must say, that Scarlet Witch set looks particularly awesome IMO.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #31
IAAW
FFR Player

Attempting to spark idle conversation by updating progress on crafting the Scarlet Witch Set. Currently have the top and the skirt crafted, and did a bit of dyeing, as well. Only need the shoes and the gloves, and I will have the complete set. Then I can get all the battle points on Boat 1 and then be on my merry way; Gnoll Chieftain speed run's gonna be a bitch, though, just barely soloed it on my permarookie Fiona.

PS: I realized another potential for permarookies; material farming. Without the need to pay tokens and without the need to repair or anything, getting gnoll leathers, cloth, and pretty much anything that can be grabbed from Boat 1 can be done on a permarookie character in order to save time and money in terms of repairs and tokens. At least, that's the way I see it, anyway.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #32
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

You can't craft higher level gear with boat 1 stuff, and I could just run it in the fraction of the time with my main. Armour doesn't deteriorate on boat 1.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #33
IAAW
FFR Player

Still, you never know when you may need generic cloth and/or generic leather for one reason or another (like, say, crafting fine leather and whatnot). But, just a thought. I will probably do this every time I need some cloth and whatnot, mainly so that I can try and continue to give a permarookied Fiona some sort of purpose in her permarookie life. (Although at this point I'm probably just making excuses.)

PS: Random thought, but people are more interested in games ending with the word "craft" than games not ending with the word "craft", apparently.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #34
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Mabinogi Heroescraft sounds pretty awesome.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:11 PM   #35
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited View Post
Mabinogi Heroescraft sounds pretty awesome.
Agreed.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:52 AM   #36
tofurox
Them arrows.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to tofurox

The names Sparticle west server's where I'm at! Oh and I'm almost level 36 yay! Getting closer to the level cap haha.

This sig has been enhanced by the FFR Staff for being too large. Thank you for participating.
tofurox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #37
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Bump

I downloaded and played this today

Prologue was cheesy ****

Evie is <3, I lol'd when you can adjust her chest size

Battle seems a bit bland at the moment but I'm pretty sure it'll improve later. Right now non-boss enemies are pretty much a joke and avoiding attacks is easy as ****
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:48 AM   #38
Magooskie
FFR Player

I was jealous that I couldn't play it.. Only US servers..

But then I got a proxifier and tried the game out. With maxed out graphics and whatnot, I played it for a day or two. Soon I got tired of the combat I keep using the same moves over and over again. And you have to repeat many levels again and again and the levels have the same mobs. Same routine all the time.

I'm not saying I hated it. I was all like " Oh my god! This is so Chuck Norris! " when I started playing, and I was addicted to grabbing enemies I just lived it. I also achieved the title neck grabber for it. but then I don't know. I didn't feel like going through the trouble of finding proxies to play it. so I stopped.

So yeah. The game was good. I loved the combat system and Tokens system. Maybe it would've been more fun If I played with a party who had Mics and talk smack while playing. Would've been fun.

c:
Magooskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:13 AM   #39
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Of the 3 current characters, Evie is the least bland. Problem is, Evie doesn't get interesting until level 40+ for both staff and scythe. Then the problem with that is that new content (and hence, level cap) isn't slated until December. If anything I recommend waiting until the boat 4 patch is out and see how the mid-game appeals to you. Fiona remains the same until max level, Evie gets a **** ton of skills she doesn't start out with.

I play MMOs all the time so mission grinding isn't a problem to me. I also almost exclusively play warrior classes (berserkers, paladins, etc) so it feels perfectly at home to me.

Best part about the game to me is the fact I can do this to my face:

@ James: the bosses on Boat 1 are obviously going to be easy (why would the starter bosses be hard?). The game is easy as a whole anyway, with the only hard missions being available at 30/36 respectively.

p.s. evie has a nice polygon ass
Old 11-15-2010, 09:19 AM   #40
WolfXhunter
Forum User

i just got into this game last week. only level 24... im just grinding ap since i feel like im lagging it atm.
WolfXhunter is offline   Reply With Quote