Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2008, 03:52 PM   #21
benkidd
FFR Player

Default Re: NY Giants 21 Dallas 17 - FINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmatt621 View Post
The only thing that kept the Cowboys from winning was the penalties.

11 penalties for 84 yards. OUCH!

Im so glad they lost

Packers all the way!
benkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #22
Loyal2Death
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganisM View Post
Wow, way to buy into media sensationalism. It really makes your intelligence shine.

Here's the deal, genius: he was asked if he could guarantee a win, and here's what he said:

"Yeah, I can guarantee a win. As long as we come out and do what we got to do. Both sides of the ball are rolling, and if our special teams come through for us, we've got a good chance to win."

Uhhh...

He guaranteed that if his team performed properly and dominated the game on all sides of the ball, they would win. Gee, doesn't that make him an ass?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Smith
"We're going to win," he said Wednesday. "Yeah, I can guarantee a win. As long as we come out and do what we got to do. Both sides of the ball are rolling, and if our special teams come through for us, we've got a good chance to win."
Thats like someone saying, "Yeah I can guarantee it'll be heads when I flip this coin. If it lands on Heads I'll leave it, if it lands on tails I'll flip it on my wrist."

You can go through it anyway you want at the end of the day the result is the same. He guaranteed his victory, no matter much he watered the statement down.

And why are you so quick to demean? I don't think I called anyone out. The move was arrogant. *shrug*

Are you Loyal?
Nows the time to choose
Die and be free of pain.
Or live and fight your sorrow.
Loyal2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:34 PM   #23
-Hero-
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to -Hero- Send a message via Yahoo to -Hero-

it was a good game
-Hero- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:56 PM   #24
Master_of_the_Faster
FFR Player

ROFLMAO... that's what you get for being a front-runner Dallas Cowboys fan. Get owned by the Giants.... go figure. I love all those charts that had like so many of their perdictions aimed with the Cowboys in the Superbowl XD.
Master_of_the_Faster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:19 AM   #25
MystictheHedgehog
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal2Death View Post
And Romo is a Reincarnation of Brett Favre (only Romo prefers pimp status). No one here doesn't like Brett Favre, theres no reason to, how could you hate Tony Romo for what he has helped do with the team?
Sorry but until I see Romo perform well in high pressure scenario like the playoffs, I'm not going to write him off as the next Favre. He's still overrated in my eyes, because I have yet to see him perform in that "big game". Once he does that, I will say he is good, but nothing more. Sorry, I just don't see him being a reincarnation of someone who has set records for consecutive starts for a quarterback, passing touchdowns, passing yards, wins by a quarterback, and completions thrown. If Romo ends up being all that, I will be the first to admit that I was wrong.

Quote:
Wow, way to buy into media sensationalism. It really makes your intelligence shine.

Here's the deal, genius: he was asked if he could guarantee a win, and here's what he said:

"Yeah, I can guarantee a win. As long as we come out and do what we got to do. Both sides of the ball are rolling, and if our special teams come through for us, we've got a good chance to win."

Uhhh...

He guaranteed that if his team performed properly and dominated the game on all sides of the ball, they would win. Gee, doesn't that make him an ass?

When it comes to football and your Steelers, your so quick to jump on anyone's ass that makes half of a derogatory statement about anyone on the Steelers, or the Steelers themselves. Take a chill pill, the move was arrogant.
MystictheHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:34 AM   #26
Loyal2Death
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystictheHedgehog View Post
Sorry but until I see Romo perform well in high pressure scenario like the playoffs, I'm not going to write him off as the next Favre. He's still overrated in my eyes, because I have yet to see him perform in that "big game". Once he does that, I will say he is good, but nothing more. Sorry, I just don't see him being a reincarnation of someone who has set records for consecutive starts for a quarterback, passing touchdowns, passing yards, wins by a quarterback, and completions thrown. If Romo ends up being all that, I will be the first to admit that I was wrong.
Oh don't get me wrong, I meant the personality. By no means am I writing him up as a performance-type Favre, I'm not one of those guys. I think he has the talent to perform in the big game, but he needs the experience. He needed this loss. I agree 100%.

Also Master Faster, I love how you can go and assume I'm a front runner. I've been a Cowboy fan since I started watching the game. I'm not sure exactly how I'd be a front runner after I've watched them fail for 12 straight seasons. Good season records are nice, but the patriots will be put on a crucifix if they don't win the superbowl, the same way a decent record doesn't mean jack squat in the playoffs.

AND

If you go and check the predictions made for this season before the season started, you will see that barely anyone projected the cowboys to make the playoffs, let alone number 1 seed.

God everyone is so quick to jump on the LOL HES AN OUTCAST GET HIM. If you are insulted that easily, or need a bigger e-penis by poking fun, just get off the forums.

Are you Loyal?
Nows the time to choose
Die and be free of pain.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:09 PM   #27
OrganisM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal2Death View Post
T.O is overrated? He has less receptions (10th) then 9 other people and he still ranks 1st and second (or second and second, not quite sure) in touchdowns and yards. I don't understand how he could be over-rated.
He's 2nd in touchdowns this season, with 15, behind only Randy Moss who has 23, the new NFL record. T.O. is on top of the NFC, at the very least.

PS- if you listen to the interviews of Anthony Smith, it really doesn't sound as bad as the media has blown it out to be. But to be honest, when the Patriots were closing in on a win in Week 13, and the New England home crowd was screaming "GUARANTEE! GUARANTEE! GUARANTEE!" I wanted Smith to die.

I wonder if the Steelers would be willing to trade him for a 6th round 2008 pick. One can only hope.

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
"If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
because the venom gets into the blood stream which
spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."

Originally Posted by
MrRubix[link]:
"Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
"My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."
OrganisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #28
Loyal2Death
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
He's 2nd in touchdowns this season, with 15, behind only Randy Moss who has 23, the new NFL record. T.O. is on top of the NFC, at the very least.

PS- if you listen to the interviews of Anthony Smith, it really doesn't sound as bad as the media has blown it out to be. But to be honest, when the Patriots were closing in on a win in Week 13, and the New England home crowd was screaming "GUARANTEE! GUARANTEE! GUARANTEE!" I wanted Smith to die.

I wonder if the Steelers would be willing to trade him for a 6th round 2008 pick. One can only hope.
Yeah I heard the interviews, but he ate his words anyway. I don't care too much, I'm all for psyching your team up, so I can't say he was wrong, other than the fact that he is still new blood.

Are you Loyal?
Nows the time to choose
Die and be free of pain.