Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 06:06 PM   #21
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by alain
And I like your style. Real controversial.
I tried something controversial last game and it just got me lynched faster. I love how easily the masses are manipulated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps
Actually, he was a wolf in TWG 8?, and randomed, and was a wolf.
It wasn't really random. He lied and said it was random. Unless my memory fails me, LD voted Kefit, a fellow wolf. He said it was random and he did this to make it seem like he's not connected to Kefit. Actually, all the wolves that game tried that tactic and it blew up in there faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps
He is playing too much like himself.
That was quite humorous. In fact, I almost laughed out loud.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:06 PM   #22
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I was actually discussing with blah how I would think he was the last person to get wolfed, since he is such a good player and high risk of getting guarded. But I understand where yor're coming from. That logic has been used for too many games, it was bound to come back and slap us sooner or later. There's definately one very high level thinking on the wolf team.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:11 PM   #23
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by alainbryden
I wouldn't put it past eyespew to try to confuse people by asking about second pm's, to see if he could catch one of the special roles / wolves. He talked to me about it first, so it wasn't accidental.
That was me. Well, unless we both mentioned it. And I did it before eyespew did it, so he was just copying me :P.

And you know what I noticed? LD always makes a random vote at the start of the game. Oh wait, he didn't do that this time! You know what other game he didn't do that? That's right, TWG XI. You know what he was in that game? A wolf.
Jay: lightdarkness42 rolled 1 16-sided die: 11

TPS

You'll understand why I've been too busy to vote in a few days Honestly, there hasn't been anything to really vote on, and don't take my behavoir in the last game as an indication of being a wolf. That game I played as if I were human, because I also had to worry about wolves
Old 03-10-2005, 06:21 PM   #24
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

I think eb's vote for LD was faulty at best. That and I have nothing else to vote on.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:41 PM   #25
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

I think mead1's vote for eb was faulty at best. There is no reason to vote so soon, and voting on weak reasoning just makes it worse.

Not that I'm approving of eb's vote on LD. That was also unneeded. LD's vote on Tps was unneeded, too.

Either way, I don't think eb would vote so haphazardly if he were a wolf. Wolves generally try to stay under the radar in the beginning.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:12 PM   #26
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

No, Afro, they don't, they like to briefly surface, be pretty active in the chats, establish themselves as active, and then just be there.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:14 PM   #27
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps222
No, Afro, they don't, they like to briefly surface, be pretty active in the chats, establish themselves as active, and then just be there.
That would be staying under the radar.

Duh.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:19 PM   #28
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

Unfortunately, I dunno what time I'll be here tomorrow. I don't have much speculation yet, so my random vote goes to TPS. This will hopefully be revised if I get back from Robotics in time tomorrow.

Old 03-10-2005, 07:25 PM   #29
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Eric, it doesn't matter if you'll maybe be unnavailable; You do not under any circumstances put a random vote on someone who has a vote already. It's bad enough that you're random voting at all, you don't need to compound it by putting a second vote on someone.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:34 PM   #30
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Alright, guys, I think I have some evidence here, now that the chat log is up. As I was describing earlier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The chat log
eyespewgreekfire (7:34:42 PM): haha
That was eyespew's last entry before he stopped making responses, and at that point, I'm guessing he went AFK.

Quote:
NEIGH006 (7:53:28 PM): sorry man :/
NEIGH006 (7:54:12 PM): jokes
NEIGH006 (7:54:22 PM): k jurs, my turn, I pick truth
NEIGH006 (8:00:13 PM): Who are you killing night one eyespew?
Xtrialan Derrorx (8:04:04 PM): What.
(8:05:59 PM) Xtrialan Derrorx has left the room.
NEIGH006 (8:06:44 PM): fine then. Suck
NEIGH006 (8:06:58 PM): byes in 5
NEIGH006 (8:06:59 PM): 4
NEIGH006 (8:07:01 PM): 3
NEIGH006 (8:07:03 PM): o_O
(8:07:05 PM) NEIGH006 has left the room.
Even though eyespew hadn't made a response since then, I'm sure he read what happened in the chat when he came back. Although what Alain had said may have been an innocent joke, as eb ALWAYS asks "are you a wolf" when people first enter the chat, he may have wanted to "assure" his humanity somehow. Well, how could he do that? He said...

Quote:
eyespewgreekfire (9:06:55 PM): quick question people
eyespewgreekfire (9:07:03 PM): i hear a bunch of people got 2 PMs
eyespewgreekfire (9:07:09 PM): am i the only one that hasnt?
Afrobean16 (9:07:15 PM): I'd imagine about half the people got 2
evilbutterfly87 (9:08:09 PM): how many are playing?
eyespewgreekfire (9:08:15 PM): everyone else only got the default one?
Afrobean16 (9:08:18 PM): isn't it 16?
eyespewgreekfire (9:08:21 PM): dammit i want some codes lol
evilbutterfly87 (9:08:39 PM): hehe
So, by saying that, he easily can make everyone believe that he hasn't received a second PM, and clueless about it as well. While that could mean he could be a special role, I don't see why eyespew would go to any length to make everyone look like he's an ordinary human if he is a special role, rather than just keeping quiet. Rather, it seems like something a wolf would do, eyespew.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 03-10-2005, 07:50 PM   #31
alainbryden
Seen your member

To vouch for eyespew, chat really was going extinct when I said that, allthough I won't discount the other claims of his odd behaviour.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:49 PM   #32
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Also, Alain was acting really strange all last night. He said he was a wolf and he was gonna kill me and was all like OLOLOLO YOU'RE A DEAD MAN OLOLO! I don't think he really meant anything by any of it. Of course, Alain is tricky enough to try some reverse psychology and act silly to throw us off.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 03-10-2005, 08:53 PM   #33
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

OK... things I've noticed so far.... On page 1, Afro and Neon both come out and say how smart it was of the wolves. Others commented on blah being a good kill, but those two commented on the power of the wolves, which has a fairly negative conotation for the humans, implying we're fucked.

Also, Afro has been arguing with the majority of the other people who have been active... eb, mead, alain, tps. Not so much arguing, but bickering/bouncing back and forth with.

We have a little string of "random" voting and counter-voting... I suggest we all back off from this, as was already stated. Lynching someone early, especially on day 1, is DEADLY for the humans. Also, perhaps one of the votes onto TPS wasn't random? I'm not sure what to make of all these votes, except that none of them have any substance behind them at all. Could be stupidity, could be wolfish, could be improper fear of an inactivity phantom or two..... regardless, knock it off.

Those are my initial thoughts after just reading the thread once. My views may be slightly skewed, and a 2nd or 3rd reading of the thread should fix that, but that is what I see as of right now.

On other news, the oddness of the hidden blue roles is.... different. But, as I am once again an outsider looking in, I'll request my usual desire to be seered and form and alliance. Even moreso now that we don't know what all the roles are, even one blue doesn't know what all the blue roles are, we need someone to be the central backbone of an alliance, work together to get those people together. And, yes, only a seer (if there is one) will be able to see me as a 100% human.... nothing more I can do than offer my aid to help the team. If you want to work with me, excellent. If not, we'll have a harder time winning. And, if I hear nothing from others, I hope the blues at least contact SOMEONE to help work with and build an alliance.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:10 AM   #34
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Just re-read the thread... and nForcer's post at the bottom of page 2 really screams at me. Anyone else find something wrong with it? I mean, look what happened when I thought the info on roopert made him a wolf. No, he was the other seer. nForcer knows this, even says he knows this, yet disregards it and votes for eyespew anyway. Lets also not forget the most obvious conclusion of eyespew's comments in the chat.... that he is telling the truth! That he is confused.

I'd like to hear what nForcer has to say, and also would like to know if anyone else sees what I'm seeing... its the best I have so far for a potential vote.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:12 AM   #35
alainbryden
Seen your member

Remember seer that coming forward to Tass helps Tass win. Whether he is a human or not. We still do not know if there is a master wolf role in this game which changes things. Also, if there is a seer in this game, which it's entirely possible there isn't, odds would be that he saw one of Tass, Me, or Blah. If It was Blah then that's a loss, if it was one of Tass or I then I haven't heard, and Tass clearly hasn't either. It is also possible that Tass was seen as a wolf and it is being kept quiet until some trustees can be told. If anyone else was seen then the seer isn't as experienced as I assumed. If there isn't even a seer, then forget everything I just said.

On a side note, it's good to see Tass hasn't changed his strategy.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:54 AM   #36
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Seriously... drink less red bull.... get more sleep. While that post was quite accurate.... it rambled alot. Its late buddy. Get some rest.

Plus, for all the reasons everyone has said in the plethora of past games I've been in.... why on earth would I change my strategy, green, blue, or red?

On that same side note, Tass helping Tass win is the general theme I live by. It just so happens that when I win, my team does too. But, I am always willing to sacrifice myself for the team, IF it gets the team a win. Generally speaking, it hasn't. But, that is why I always offer myself as the alliance figurehead... I'm willing to risk myself for the team.

And, now I think I'm rambling. G'night sweet TWGlings.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:56 AM   #37
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Nforcer, that would just be to obvious. There is no way that he would try and act that clueless to throw people off, it would just bring suspiscion on him. I've decided to switch my vote off Alain, though he fits the description of my idea, I guess a few people could; thus, I do not wan't to get rid of a power player this early in the game. My vote is going to Mead1 because he "random" voted the same person. I really don't want to vote him, but I don't think you can vote yourself. So no worries Mead, I'm going to change my vote as soon as more evidence comes up.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:27 AM   #38
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Alright Tass, here's the thing about eyespew...

Most here may or may not have realized that I normally, at the beginning of the game, post anything that I find odd, suspicious, and the like. This time, I saw something that struck me as odd; specifically, eyespew's comment in the chats. Remember, we had been discussing long before he made that comment that most of us had NOT received a second PM. Why then, after we had established that, would he say what he did? I found it strange, and that's about it. I know that did something for me, but I didn't expect anyone else to find it odd. I very well realized that he may be a blue, but there was another reason I voted for him that I did not mention...

Also, I did not want to say this, but I also want to see eyespew come in and at least say something. I still am a little suspicious of him as before, but he was active before the game started. Now, he is nowhere to be found. If he shows up and something else catches my attention, I may change my vote. For now, however, it stands.

On a side note: Everybody, remember how Alain acted in TWGVIII. He was human, and he was a little frantic in the beginning. It's not a reason to suspect Alain as of yet.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 03-11-2005, 07:20 AM   #39
Tps222
FFR Player

That was not why I suspected him, he is always active.

Anyways, I haven't talked to eyespew either, but I know I was confused about the whole pm scenario untill AP explained it to me pre pm sending.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:23 AM   #40
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps222
My vote is going to Mead1 because he "random" voted the same person.
What do you mean by "the same person"? No one else had voted for eb before mead's post.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Closed Thread