Old 10-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #21
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21
Default Re: Hey Wait A Minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananana View Post
I am incapable of reading a story like that and critically thinking about it at all because GOD I REALLY LOVE FFR and I'm one of those women that bases my entire identity around being A NICE GIRL.
It's okay nice dumb girls have their own unique charm, you like playing Street Fighter? I know a really nice Italian restaurant.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #22
xBBx Mikeh
FFR Player

Jae make love to my various oraphasies
xBBx Mikeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #23
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Quote:
Asinine? Bottom line is doing this makes justaguy just as much of a prick.
To be fair he's kind've always a prick but the fact of the matter is that he is a prick that's right.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #24
justaguy
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to justaguy

what is mature about supporting an admin who stole a lot of money from an employee he'd consider "very close" and ignoring him?

Swell Guy !!
justaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #25
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot's article
edit2: Synth, if you somehow do actually read this… I’d love to talk to you. Despite the business failings, you’re a great guy to talk to. And, y’know, I’d like to hear your side of things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I will no doubt post more on the history
Honestly I still think Synthlight's a great guy and I wouldn't rag on him, Tass didn't mention why Synth didn't pay him on time, I'm sure Synth has his reasons. Even though it may not be this community's business to know about stuff between the admins, giving the history will probably clear a lot of things up. Just saying.

You guys should be happy that this site is back up in the first place though lol. Tass still should have stayed on the site but then again he had his reasons to leave, but it ditched an entire community.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #26
bob bob
This Is How We Do It~
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bob bob Send a message via MSN to bob bob Send a message via Skype™ to bob bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
what is mature about supporting an admin who stole a lot of money from an employee he'd consider "very close" and ignoring him?

Swell Guy !!

U MAD?
5th Place: 7th Official Tournament D5

bob bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #27
justaguy
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Asinine? Bottom line is doing this makes justaguy just as much of a prick.
how does this make me an asshole? *brings attention to synth swindle* he very obviously does not give a **** about any of the members of this forum and is only rehosting the website as a source of revenue.

also dossar shutup, i don't think you have any idea how employer obligations work. trying to justify evasion and withholding income is literally the dumbest **** ever.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #28
TF_cyanide
FFR Player

Quote:

Swell Guy !!

mature as in. acting your age. there is no reason for us to be getting involved in the transactions between synth and tass. we can be mad about having almost an entire year with almost no word from the site, thats reasonable. what happened between them is none of your business so just go back to WoW or whatever you do to get your trolling high
TF_cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #29
Sky Kitten
Crazy Cat Lady
Community Manager, User Support
Community ManagerGlobal ModeratorFFR Veteran

Quote:
how does this make me an asshole? *brings attention to synth swindle* he very obviously does not give a **** about any of the members of this forum and is only rehosting the website as a source of revenue.

also dossar shutup, i don't think you have any idea how employer obligations work. trying to justify evasion and withholding income is literally the dumbest **** ever.
Hey, you, shut up. We're all awaiting Synth's explanation about what happened. I'm sure he's going to tell us the history of what happened during FFR's absence from the internet.

Instead of you running your mouth on this site and flaming Synth for the incomes between him and Tass, I suggest you shouldn't be here at all.
Sky Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #30
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Well guess what, you being here means you are still showing your support for a site you hate. gg
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #31
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
he very obviously does not give a **** about any of the members of this forum and is only rehosting the website as a source of revenue.
Guess everyone should be convinced by this statement that has no logical proof to it whatsoever.
AlexDest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #32
justaguy
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF_cyanide View Post
mature as in. acting your age. there is no reason for us to be getting involved in the transactions between synth and tass. we can be mad about having almost an entire year with almost no word from the site, thats reasonable. what happened between them is none of your business so just go back to WoW or whatever you do to get your trolling high
ur gay
Old 10-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #33
TF_cyanide
FFR Player

Quote:
ur gay
oh no look out i might rape your son. oh wait your a virgin
TF_cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #34
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
synth is a colossal retard. Sh*t!!!!

Down on the corna',
out in the internet,
justaguy and the poorboys are mad,
bringing a hissy fit, talkin' sheet!
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #35
bob bob
This Is How We Do It~
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bob bob Send a message via MSN to bob bob Send a message via Skype™ to bob bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post

Down on the corna',
out in the internet,
justaguy and the poorboys are mad,
bringing a hissy fit, talkin' sheet!
You just won the thread sir
5th Place: 7th Official Tournament D5

bob bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #36
ananana
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ananana Send a message via MSN to ananana Send a message via Skype™ to ananana

ITT: People who are trying to piss anyone off Vs. People who think it'll be productive to argue with them.
ananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #37
justaguy
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDest View Post
Guess everyone should be convinced by this statement that has no logical proof to it whatsoever.
do you honestly think 30 year olds with families have any interest in internet communities and flash arrow games? c'mon alex stop being 15 he wants money not a teenage fanclub lmao.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:32 AM   #38
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

I was working at this fast food restaurant and my manager never came in and paid me and then he canceled the credit cards that were used for buying our product and everyone kept coming to me about payment and eventually they all quit and I kept trying to contact the manager for the money he owed me but he never responded BUT HOLY **** THE RESTAURANT IS BACK I AM SO HAPPY I HOPE THE MANAGER CAN CLARIFY HIS ABSOLUTE NEGLECT!

I hope that hits home for all of you, lol ****in' juxtaposition.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #39
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
do you honestly think 30 year olds with families have any interest in internet communities and flash arrow games?
Maybe or maybe not, but if he didn't he might as well remove the FFR engine.

Quote:
c'mon alex stop being 15 he wants money not a teenage fanclub lmao.
Everyone wants/needs money. But whatever, keep trying to ruin FFR for everybody by making subjective statements about Synth.
AlexDest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #40
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
hahaha now he gets to be reminded about what a colossal douche he was to the people who actually cared about this community for like the next 3 months until they all get banned while simultaneously trying to pretend he cared/cares about this community
It's clear that you don't know fully understand the larger picture Vendetta. You probably don't realize that long after the money had dried up, I was still paying people people like Tass a significant amount of money out of my own pocket. I stretched myself as thin as possible and even opted skipping mortgage payments to try and keep things going. I had thousands of dollars in obligated payments each month that didn't just go away. I took big risks putting tens of thousands of dollars in leases in my name so that I could help us all succeed. When advertising money goes away or the hardware breaks, they don't just tell you it's ok and that you don't need to pay for it anymore. The people surrounding me weren't responsible for those 4 and 5 year leases.

I am not saying I am perfect. Yeah, I did crumble under the enormous pressure of a failing business model that happened to feel the heat of the economy. Would I have handled my communication and choices upon reflection? Absolutely. Do I stand to gain anything by spending a ****load of my time to bring FFR back up? I really don't. I have debt, taxes and lease payments still banging at my door each day. Do you know how much of that FFR's current revenue would cover if I didn't pay anyone to help? Probably about 5% of what is due each month. It wouldn't even come close to taking care of a single server lease payment.

As a matter of fact, it would probably benefit me more financially to scrap FFR and recycle it's metals for money. I realize very much so that there are going to be some who see it from one side and others who understand my reasonings for bringing it back online. It's very easy to hit that power button and not deal with any of this but that isn't the right thing to do.

It's easy to attack me for the events that happened before FFR went down and I admit that I pulled an asshole move by turning recluse and not being able to handle it but don't forget that I cared very much about FFR since it began in 2002 and spent years working hard on FFR as a hobby. I truly cherished the community and the dedication of the people involved. I wanted nothing but the best for the FFR community. Try to tell me that if you had companies approaching you waving huge cash in front of your face that you wouldn't take the bait. As a matter of fact Jason and I were approached by a huge media company on the east coast in 2006 that offered us $5 million payout over 3-5 years if we agreed to let them own 51%. I remember sitting in the hotel room with him in New York making the call to tell that company 51% was not acceptable because we didn't want to lose control of FFR. We know it would kill the deal. It was the ****ing hardest decision ever. We only ever accepted money when we were able to spin off percentages of sub-companies such as Rithum. Would you have made the same decision or would you have taken the money and run? I put the most on the line and while I feel immensely bad that I couldn't continue paying tens of thousands a month in salaries, I ultimately suffered the most financially.

You have a right to be bitchy and upset if you want. I don't feel like banning you or anyone else over that but don't pretend to know everything or the decisions that I had to make. I respect Tass a great deal but kept most of what I was going through from him. I have been through hell you can't imagine.

There is still more to all of this but I wanted to speak honestly and openly so that I can just tackle things head on. Yeah, it sucks and I have a bazillion bruises but FFR is back purely for the community. I am done with my aspirations of the little guy sticking it to the big gaming companies.

Cheers,
Synthlight

Last edited by Synthlight; 10-10-2010 at 11:43 AM..
Synthlight is offline   Reply With Quote