Evascythe
evascythe
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Evascythe
Default Re: 7th Official FFR Tournament ~predictions thread~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikonKeiri View Post
Well this guy is undercover. People were complaining about me o-o
well you do have 3 clean on blue noah, hero's theme AAA and 24-0-0-6 on hajnal lol
dunno how you got into d2 since you have 3 clean on blue noah before the tourney even started

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post
I love your avatar and you seem like a chill dude
Old 07-31-2012, 12:46 AM   #362
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
D4: Novelties
Novelties has some really solid FMO+ scores, such as 4 clean Since 1983, 8-0-0-1 Spoils, 13 clean Crash Up Against The Inevitable, 19-1-0-5 Tageri, 18-2-0-5 Shotgun Surgery (wtf), 8g The Bird's Poisoned Bathwater.
To be honest knowing this I wonder why he's not moved. I mean none of us can touch those fgos.

It's mostly the shotgun surgery and the TBPB that really makes me wish he was moved which is what people said in the first place.

Just my two cents on that. Because of that I'm also forced into agreeing with Dossar on this unless the others decide to pull out their sand.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:54 AM   #363
soulwar
FFR Player

Hi I sent nois-or-e a message already but I was wondering if the people on the forums could help me out here..

nois-or-e believes that somebody else is playing for me because I used to share this account with my high school friends ranging from 1-4 years ago.

If I made a video of myself playing the tournament songs, would that be okay? I really want to continue playing and stay in Division 3 since I've found some good competition.
In addition, since I've been playing a bit of Stepmania Online, I wanted to put that out there as well.

So what do you guys think?
I'll even give a shoutout to Saxrunner05 and Crazyjayde who (kind of?) support me in my D3 journey
Old 07-31-2012, 01:00 AM   #364
ReikonKeiri
i wanna be ur pop star
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to ReikonKeiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evascythe View Post
well you do have 3 clean on blue noah, hero's theme AAA and 24-0-0-6 on hajnal lol
dunno how you got into d2 since you have 3 clean on blue noah before the tourney even started
i dont have hero's theme AAA thats an unrecorded score. i dont even think I SDGd it. how would it be a AAA if its not rank 1 lol

5 clean on 300 rapes my score :<

FMO AAAs (3): Heavenly Spores (68), Fast Asleep (67)!, 0 (piano version) (66)! VC AAAs: 76
Best VCs: Finders Keepers (64), Purple (64), Travel Demon (63), Final Step (63), A World of Piano (63), Balloon Fever (63), The Fusion (63)

It's Only Natural BF
Southern Cross BF
Minute Waltz v2 BF
Novo Mundo BF
Stark Raving Mad BF
Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
Choprite 2 clean
Rottel 2 clean
J&C 2 clean
Chronograph 2-1-0-1
BB Evo 3 clean
Staring at my Spaceship 3 clean
Epilogue 3-0-0-1
Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
Demon Beast Appearance 4 clean
Gacha Gacha Figu Atto Radio 4 clean
Gravity Blast 4 clean
Just Why 4 clean
Eternal Drain [Heavy] 4 clean
300 4-0-0-1
Pure Ruby 5 clean
Destination of the Heart 5 clean
Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
Oni 6 clean
Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze 6 clean
Ambient Angels 6 clean
Colorful Course 6 clean
Hajnal 6 clean
Arsonist 7-0-0-1
Setsujou! Hyakka Ryouran 7-1-0-1
Face in the Gutter 8 clean
Kanon Medley 8 clean
Colibri 8 clean
Summer Time Perfume 8 clean
Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
Bubble Bath Aftermath 8-0-0-1
Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2
Ochitsukeruwakenaiwayo! [Heavy] 9 clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master View Post
To be fair, having all the BlazBlue's isn't good taste more then it is common sense.

Last edited by ReikonKeiri; 07-31-2012 at 01:02 AM..
Old 07-31-2012, 01:18 AM   #365
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulwar View Post
Hi I sent nois-or-e a message already but I was wondering if the people on the forums could help me out here..

nois-or-e believes that somebody else is playing for me because I used to share this account with my high school friends ranging from 1-4 years ago.

If I made a video of myself playing the tournament songs, would that be okay? I really want to continue playing and stay in Division 3 since I've found some good competition.
In addition, since I've been playing a bit of Stepmania Online, I wanted to put that out there as well.

I'll even give a shoutout to Saxrunner05 and Crazyjayde who (kind of?) support me in my D3 journey
I though stepmania online was dead. Anyways, you were placed based on your level ranks, which showed no indication of your skill. Most of the songs had at most 2 gameplays, and not that many were played to start with.

Your skill is above D3, certainly. You sightread 1-0-1-1 on Flamingo and could probably easily make D4's top 8 with that ability.

The issue is it makes you look like you intentionally avoided playing harder songs before the tourny to hide your skill, whether this was your intention or not. If he lets you back in, I doubt it would be in D3.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:21 AM   #366
infinity.
sideways 8
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to infinity.

Quote:
i dont have hero's theme AAA thats an unrecorded score. i dont even think I SDGd it. how would it be a AAA if its not rank 1 lol

5 clean on 300 rapes my score :<
instead of comparing jmaxx to you how about we compare jmaxx to d3 or d4 players

because that makes this argument more valid

nerds
Old 07-31-2012, 01:25 AM   #367
soulwar
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
I though stepmania online was dead. Anyways, you were placed based on your level ranks, which showed no indication of your skill. Most of the songs had at most 2 gameplays, and not that many were played to start with.

Your skill is above D3, certainly. You sightread 1-0-1-1 on Flamingo and could probably easily make D4's top 8 with that ability.

The issue is it makes you look like you intentionally avoided playing harder songs before the tourny to hide your skill, whether this was your intention or not. If he lets you back in, I doubt it would be in D3.
I checked out the Stepmania Online thread where people play (it was like 74.123 something..) - come check it out and drop by! I play a lot of xoon packs :P

Looking at the competition I honestly think I should be higher than Division 3 too, but that 1 good 1 miss 1 boo play on Flamingo was pretty unexpected :O This is considering I got 4 goods on Iced Innocence on my first try. I think I would do fine in Division 4 as well.

But firstly I just wanted to ask for permission to post videos or a video or me playing to prove my legitimacy. Also good luck to you, hang in there! You're 1 boo below the cutoff line. Gogogo
Old 07-31-2012, 01:26 AM   #368
MetalAtlas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MetalAtlas

Quote:

speaking of d3, im thinking that with soulwar out of it, hellsrequiem has a clear shot to the top.
As life gets longer, awful feels softer and it feels pretty soft to me. And if it takes **** to make bliss well I feel pretty blissfully. If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd rather never even ever see beauty again. As life gets longer, awful feels softer, and it feels pretty soft to me.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:27 AM   #369
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulwar View Post

Without seeing the PM directly I don't know how accurate your statement is regarding what he's asking you to prove.

However, if you make a video or two showing your screen and hands and playing a few songs, and stop logging multiple IPs if possible, you'd secure that you are exactly who you say you are. Or, if the others have accounts on the site, play them one by one in multiplayer and take screen shots like this one:
And if you feel so compelled if you can, record these matches on video as well.

All of those would work to prove your innocence. Though you don't need to do all of them. But the important thing is that if you choose the video route you MUST show your hands and the screen. Saving the replay and posting it with the video would help a great deal as well.

Hopefully that answers any questions you have. Just know that you might be moved up to Division 4, in which case you have a a bit of work cut out for you with people like Novelties and such in the division.

If you need more help feel free to ask me. And if you come D4, best of luck to you. I'll be there to compete if I can

Edit: In case you don't know what I mean by show your hands and the screen here's an example of an acceptable (in my opinion) video:

Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 07-31-2012 at 01:34 AM..
Old 07-31-2012, 01:38 AM   #370
ReikonKeiri
i wanna be ur pop star
FFR Veteran

uhhh jmaxx has 2214-138-9-0-38 on grand galop chromatique. gg d2

FMO AAAs (3): Heavenly Spores (68), Fast Asleep (67)!, 0 (piano version) (66)! VC AAAs: 76
Best VCs: Finders Keepers (64), Purple (64), Travel Demon (63), Final Step (63), A World of Piano (63), Balloon Fever (63), The Fusion (63)

It's Only Natural BF
Southern Cross BF
Minute Waltz v2 BF
Novo Mundo BF
Stark Raving Mad BF
Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
Choprite 2 clean
Rottel 2 clean
J&C 2 clean
Chronograph 2-1-0-1
BB Evo 3 clean
Epilogue 3-0-0-1
Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
Gravity Blast 4 clean
Just Why 4 clean
300 4-0-0-1
Pure Ruby 5 clean
Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
Oni 6 clean
Ambient Angels 6 clean
Colorful Course 6 clean
Hajnal 6 clean
Arsonist 7-0-0-1
Kanon Medley 8 clean
Colibri 8 clean
Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2

Quote:
To be fair, having all the BlazBlue's isn't good taste more then it is common sense.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:39 AM   #371
MikeShinoda12345
*\(^o^)/*
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Reikonkeiri, the scores you have now pretty obviously aren't d2 anymore, but seriously, by the time you get to the ending rounds no one's are. In a tournament with divisions like this unless you're d6 it basically comes down to whether or not you can skillboost conveniently within the space of a few weeks. And then EVERYONE that does that seems to be called a sandbagger - CBR, Funnygurl, you.

You aren't going to be bumped up or removed - it's too late for that now. Just play, and stop saying that someone else is better than you are. It's just too damn far into the tourny to be arguing about placements, for god's sake. If someone's 5 clean on 300 rapes yours, either try pushing yourself harder or settling for second or third.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:41 AM   #372
Evascythe
evascythe
FFR Veteran

Quote:
uhhh jmaxx has 2214-138-9-0-38 on grand galop chromatique. gg d2
yeah
sandbagger galore that guy

Quote:
Old 07-31-2012, 01:41 AM   #373
ReikonKeiri
i wanna be ur pop star
FFR Veteran

i dont mind 2nd or 3rd at all ^^.

It's Only Natural BF
Southern Cross BF
Minute Waltz v2 BF
Novo Mundo BF
Stark Raving Mad BF
Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
Choprite 2 clean
Rottel 2 clean
J&C 2 clean
Chronograph 2-1-0-1
BB Evo 3 clean
Epilogue 3-0-0-1
Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
Gravity Blast 4 clean
Just Why 4 clean
300 4-0-0-1
Pure Ruby 5 clean
Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
Oni 6 clean
Ambient Angels 6 clean
Colorful Course 6 clean
Hajnal 6 clean
Arsonist 7-0-0-1
Kanon Medley 8 clean
Colibri 8 clean
Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2

Quote:
Old 07-31-2012, 01:44 AM   #374
MikeShinoda12345
*\(^o^)/*
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I meant just settling for the next place behind them. There's just no need to keep comparing yourself negatively against others in your division.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:48 AM   #375
Evascythe
evascythe
FFR Veteran

Quote:
i dont mind 2nd or 3rd at all ^^.
i just want top 8
but i might be out this round due to stupid megamon chart lolol

Quote:
Old 07-31-2012, 02:18 AM   #376
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

People just want their fair shot. Skillboosting is one thing, but hiding skill, or frankly never really trying before a tournament setting (not malicious) throws the placements out of balance, with no fault of the people doing placements (if the scores weren't there to start with). I understand the urge to call people out, I've done it myself.

The disappointing part is that if you want to win a tournament, whoring your level ranks is a bad idea, because it gives the most accurate figures for your skill. Those who play casually will be placed lower and thrive. Because it is four or five rounds before songs are difficult enough to tell this gap, it's too late. Mike's argument is based on the premise that the opponent skill boosted, but I would argue that approximately half of these cases are legitimately skill boosting and the rest never really tried that hard before.

No system is perfect, and there will always be those who stand out from their division. For the future, I would recommend having a required number of songs played to be placed, including a spread of multiple difficulties. Such a practice would prevent future disqualifications (like soulwar) and help people get placed properly before the middle of the tournament, where songs are finally hard enough for the top contestants to show their true colors.

Sure, there will still be skillboosters, and that's encouraged!!! One of the purposes of the tournament is for players to improve their abilities in a community setting. Let's just reward actual skillboosting and not those who simply don't play any songs of consequence before the tourny begins, because right now, that's the way to win. (Not counting D6)

Old 07-31-2012, 02:24 AM   #377
ReikonKeiri
i wanna be ur pop star
FFR Veteran

he FCd reality too with single digit boos haha. i aint even mad, merely humbled

It's Only Natural BF
Southern Cross BF
Minute Waltz v2 BF
Novo Mundo BF
Stark Raving Mad BF
Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
Choprite 2 clean
Rottel 2 clean
J&C 2 clean
Chronograph 2-1-0-1
BB Evo 3 clean
Epilogue 3-0-0-1
Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
Gravity Blast 4 clean
Just Why 4 clean
300 4-0-0-1
Pure Ruby 5 clean
Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
Oni 6 clean
Ambient Angels 6 clean
Colorful Course 6 clean
Hajnal 6 clean
Arsonist 7-0-0-1
Kanon Medley 8 clean
Colibri 8 clean
Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2

Quote:
Old 07-31-2012, 02:25 AM   #378
soulwar
FFR Player

Quote:
No system is perfect, and there will always be those who stand out from their division. For the future, I would recommend having a required number of songs played to be placed, including a spread of multiple difficulties. Such a practice would prevent future disqualifications (like soulwar) and help people get placed properly before the middle of the tournament, where songs are finally hard enough for the top contestants to show their true colors.
Actually, I can attest to this but what really happened was, I had all the right requirements, except most of the songs and scores I got were well over 4-5 months, even 2 years old. I've always played but just not so much (always had a few months worth of gaps every 3-4 months maybe?)

I also got placed into the lowest division (Division 1) but I knew I was way better than that so I requested to be put into higher divisions, at least Division 3. I'm just a bit saddened that I'm suddenly disqualified for connections to apparently people I don't even know.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #379
infinity.
sideways 8
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to infinity.

Quote:
he FCd reality too with single digit boos haha. i aint even mad, merely humbled
i aint mad either

just think it's terribly structured when a d2 player has more tier points than 95% of the d3 players

nerds
Old 07-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #380
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

The only division you can't sandbag is D6 lol, that's the reality of it
Closed Thread