Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2015, 02:24 PM   #341
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXXI: Harry Potter and the Rise of the Wolves - Game Thread

So you re-iterated what you thought about reuben's day 1 play but what is your opinion on the stuff he has done today? Maybe I misunderstood and you hadn't read through that yet but when you have I want to know what you think
tiloco217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:29 PM   #342
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

DFR is seeming very scummy to me but for that to be the case I have to be wrong on riot. I am going to look back through the last few pages with the perspective of riot being town and see if that changes my opinion of anyone when I have time. Probably not going to happen for a while though
Old 01-21-2015, 02:46 PM   #343
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Jtehanonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloco217 View Post
So you re-iterated what you thought about reuben's day 1 play but what is your opinion on the stuff he has done today? Maybe I misunderstood and you hadn't read through that yet but when you have I want to know what you think
Sure~ Finishing up reading his more recent posts now. Here are some of my thoughts:

There is a post Benguina dedicated to the fact why his post count may not be as high as anyone else. This seems fine to me, especially the manner in he presented it. (Of course I don't expect Ben to ever be salty lol) but it just seems like a heads up to everyone. Am I too sympathetic for being in a similar situation with my schedule, hm~

Following, Benguina makes a post discussing the divide on Riotpolice, which is fairly pertinent to a lot of the discussion that's been happening recently that I've read. However, it is a VERY convenient way to get that vote count up and appear to generate a lot of organic discussion. Addressing this is fairly decent and I'm even willing to give a few townie-brownie points (keeping the over caveat in mind) because he isn't jumping all over riotpolice... at first? Benguina does make a pretty convoluted argument based on activity that could be summarized in a few sort sentences.

His read on you is "fairly" close to mine as well in the next posts following. He points out that you say you are the self-proclaimed "towniest" town, but then goes a little further than I would at this point by saying you're generating a huge facade to appear town. There is a really good point in here though that you DID mention very early that you enjoy this style of play a lot better than your first forum game, which implies that you're actively trying to post this way instead of an old way you did the previous game. Even I caught on to that post about you saying you're changing the way you're playing and enjoy it this game which creates another mini mind meld with Ben. Ben's post is pretty good and I like this one the most for it's uninhibited logic and thought process.

More posts include his fair confidence that Fg was just a very confident town and that's why she was killed. Benguina has been pretty hesitant in his choices for votes so far. He's picked people who have not a lot of controversy on them. He even quickly rescinded the vote on Melissa after just a few short posts, so being pretty confident about fg signals a bit of a flip flop, but again this is in retrospect. Essentially everyone felt good about fg so that could be why he's pretty sure on that.

I buy all FFR Trading Cards I don't own:
See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Jtehanonymous

You have completed the Lucky Achievement and will be awarded 25k credits.

seriously what the fuck.
Jtehanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:53 PM   #344
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Tiloco, read this. This is where I used my own reasoning for dichotomizing RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotpolice View Post
And that's the thing I don't know how to do. I don't know how to give out enough information to make myself look like town. That's the hardest part of this forum game that I somehow cannot grasp. I've played a few TWG games, I would have thought by now I could make myself look town, but NO.

I do just fine in Epic Mafia, I know how to give myself town points when it comes to a 3-way with no clears. But for some no-god-given-reason, here, I have so much trouble giving myself town points I end up retracting to just giving up and giving you all the 'ol: "I'm town. Go look somewhere else thing." I don't know what else to do. Maybe it's the fact that I have to go reread everything that I dislike about this game. Maybe it's that I don't grasp enough knowledge to see a wolf when it's right in front of me. I don't know. I think that's enough information from me tonight.
I see some of the things I've bolded that give way to impassioned/uncalculated posting which leans town for me. You don't consciously type of this post and then throw in the weird qualifiers that he did to mask some ulterior motive. I feel this post would be the most indicative if you were to go searching back again.

See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Jtehanonymous

seriously what the fuck.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:56 PM   #345
Jtehanonymous
Hunger Games Hunty
FFR Veteran

Guys I have to go shower now and leave for work. Please leave your thoughts too. At the very least, I'll be trying on my phone too, but everything else I can post around midnight EST. The phase doesn't end this evening so I'll have lots of time to get everything in that I'm thinking today.

See My FFR TCG Binder

Quote:
Jtehanonymous

seriously what the fuck.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:58 PM   #346
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I give it another hour for DFR to come home from school/jazz band/all that fun stuff.

Hi guys, I'm home. Like I said, I want to look more indepth at the victim of last night and her reads and ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
I mean you don't have to make a huge essay. Just a couple sentences will do when you have the time.

This phase ends in 3.5 hours. I seriously don't like this.

List of people I like:
tiloco
T-Force
maaayyybeee Melissa but really though no reason for why she should be here except that she's new and she's trying

List of people that I don't care about dying today:
Everyone else

I don't mind keeping my vote on reuben. Probably won't though.
- In the end, she went over to Jteh. The biggest thing we can take from this is her small list of human leans (myself, tiloco, and a slight one on l34m), and her distaste for pretty much everyone else.

Quote:
This is my last post for the phase. I'll talk again tomorrow morning.

Here's where I'm at: gonna give a pass to Reuben again too. Riot looks like a frustrated town. Even if he were a wolf he shouldn't be proud of his play. Leaving T-Force alone too.

Melissa and DFR should post more. Didn't like that jteh went for RB so I'm gonna place my vote there for the phase. Keep in mind that Jteh is good at projecting town too
- Now she adds reuben to the list of passes, and makes more of a pass towards Jteh. She was really the only one to do that in the last night.

All of the following is from post #258

Quote:
Now guys, this is how the wolves are going to approach this game: there's no cardflips, right? Wolves are much less likely to distance from their partners ATM because there's no real reason to. They're going to protect their kin as much as possible provided that none of them are checked. Think live TWG to those who've played in those things.
- She raises a good point here. If we're looking for wolf pairings in a game with no flips, it might be a good idea to see who interacted with, and who voted on who, during day 1. This may lead to clues and connections we can use later on down the line.

Quote:
There definitely should've been at least one wolf that piled a vote on him at the end
- The votes went in this order:
reuben_tate, tiloco217, danceflashrevo, and myself.
With 4 of the other 8 players voting for him, the odds are pretty decent that a wolf was indeed among the voters.

Quote:
So here's what I've noticed: there have been softs on reuben, dfr, and red blaster this game.

Out of these I most want reuben to be gone. I don't like how he dedicated so much time to one person like that. I really think RP was a town this game.
Next two people on my list would be dfr and reuben.
- I've already brought up RB's soft, and there was also the discussion about it earlier today.
I will say I haven't noticed any softs from DFR or Reuben.
Reuben_tate also did focus a fair amount on RP and kickstarted the votes on him while DFR basically broke the tie. To be fair, that could be seen as self-preservation as he was the only other person with 2 votes on him at that current moment.

Quote:
DFR's post here really struck me as strange. I know I've felt weird about his reads lists when he was town before, but I didn't like how he just jumped on Riot at the end like that. What Riot did isn't "number one red lean material"
And you've played some epic mafia games with him before, man. It's not like you don't know how Riot plays.
- Has DFR played Live TWG/EM with Riot? If someone could confirm this, that'd be greeeeeeeeeat. If true, this does lend a suspicious look towards DFR.

Quote:
Okay so T-Force ended up voting for RP and w/e that was still weird but unnecessary given the spread of votes. I still think he's town. I'm willing to look at RB but he went MIA and I dunno.

I kinda like Jteh's vote on RB, but it's not helpful to the town to place your vote on someone who's most likely not going to die that close to EOD. It's an easy cop out for a wolf, and I feel like you should know that.

Melissa was watching the thread last night. Why didn't she say anything? I don't like that people are giving her a pass because she's new. It's so easy to pull the newbie card as a wolf. You're not getting that kinda pass in a game made for people to adjust to the game. I will begin to push on you if I'm alive and you're still not contributing much.
- And the final reads list.
My vote on Riot, while maybe unnecessary, was still due to me thinking he was a decent lynch. Not good - we had practically no good ones - but decent.

RB has now appeared and gone over his thing. I still don't think he's one to look at today.

Another good point brought up about Jteh. A wolf may want to look at going for an insta on a human, or just leaving it where it is.
Potential distancing? Jteh & DFR wolf team?

Ahh the good ol' newb card. Gotta love it. FG makes a good point here, l34m: why weren't you contributing to the end of the day? This is the most important time of the phase for anyone in this game as this is when games are literally made or broken (and considering the amount of Chinese Fire Drills we have, it's good to have all voices).
Also let's point out a key phrase here:

Quote:
I will begin to push on you if I'm alive and you're still not contributing much.
And here lie a couple options:
1.) Newb wolf making a newb play out of fear and to silence a town voice.

2.) A frame job by the wolves to make a townie look suspicious.

I think we should look between melissa, DFR, and Jteh today.
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:03 PM   #347
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloco217 View Post
DFR you have been popping in and out of the thread quite a lot and not speaking. What is your opinion of funnygurl's death? What do you think of reuben now that he has a full page of the thread dedicated to him? What do you think about red's medic thing?
I popped in twice today: morning when I first woke up, bus back to my home school. I'm surprised that funny died, considering she was my top red lean, but I guess I just need to look back some more than. I'll probably look back at funny's posts in general to see if she had any "kill-worthy" posts. I completely understand where ben is coming from with the time zones, so that does answer any "quiet" questions I would have about him. I'm not really triggered with the way he posted his thoughts at all if that's what you mean by the full page of him. I honestly liked being able to see his thoughts by topic especially on the bus because it's hard to read on a shitty bus. Red's medic thing has me confused as fuck. That's all I can really say on that. When I read it I was like "oh red's the medic" and then I was like "oh red's not the medic i guess". I think R pulled a similar play or something. Anyways I'm back home obviously and am reading all that I missed (I'm at the end of page 17 right now) so more thoughts are probably coming.

Why are you here?
danceflashrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:09 PM   #348
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Also yeah I played ltwg over the weekend with riot and I have played epicmafia with him.

Why are you here?
Old 01-21-2015, 03:11 PM   #349
T-Force
Your world ends with you

R only got cleared of that because he got seered by the actual cop that game, lmao.

(for reference, in The Return of the Son of jTWG, RNGRX claimed that he was the cop and that he has seered YoshL red. Once heat strated getting on RNGRX, the actual cop, LeftyRighty, cleared YoshL, but cleared R as well because Lefty seered R green the night before. This ended up causing the wolves to lose as R was the medic [and was already clear] so when he countered a false claim, it was game over)
Old 01-21-2015, 03:12 PM   #350
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Cool.
Is Funnygurl right? Is how RP played similar to his town games on EpicMafia/Live TWG?
Old 01-21-2015, 03:16 PM   #351
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Ok, shitty question time but lol it's jtwg right? right?

As I'm one of the prime suspects here, I'm having trouble finding things to say. I'm not quite sure what you want from me as of now and I don't wanna be seen as wolfy (surprise rite?). So umh.. yeah... help me find things to say please.

That out of the way, I'm looking at Jteh/Melissa for my top red leans right now. Jteh would be interesting because as trev brought up, funny was one of the only people to put pressure on jteh. I need to look at melissa's recent posts again because I haven't really had a chance to read carefully through it.

Why are you here?
Old 01-21-2015, 03:17 PM   #352
T-Force
Your world ends with you

To quote Greg from Live TWG (who in turn was also quoting another DailyMafia player):
DEFLECTION
Old 01-21-2015, 03:19 PM   #353
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Honestly I could be wrong because it has been quite a while since I've pulled an epicmafia sesh with him, but I remember riot being a lot more confident and "mayorish" (i liked the term, i'll use it). But I do remember in the live twg he said something about being a more late game person, which could read into what he said where he wanted to wait until day 2 to say a lot of stuff. However if he was in fact a blue and softing with that, I don't understand why he never claimed. So if he was in fact green, I'm almost certain that he was not a blue.

Why are you here?
Old 01-21-2015, 03:20 PM   #354
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Rofl pls, I get ninja'd a lot!! ;~;

Also I'm trying to do other things as well, I might disappear here in the next few minutes because I have chemistry, us history, and pre calculus homework to do. Thanks based second semester.

Why are you here?
Old 01-21-2015, 03:26 PM   #355
T-Force
Your world ends with you

All I'm wanting is a simple answer:
Is this Riot's usual early town game based off of previous games you've played with him?
Old 01-21-2015, 03:31 PM   #356
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Nope.

Why are you here?
Old 01-21-2015, 03:33 PM   #357
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
All I'm wanting is a simple answer:
Is this Riot's usual early town game based off of previous games you've played with him?
My history with Riot is mostly from ltwg, but in ltwg he was a quieter player who only spoke up if called on or if something wasn't adding up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #358
T-Force
Your world ends with you

So basically exactly how he was now?
What roles did he have in LTWG? My only Live game with him had him lynched D1 as a townie, lmao. (although, he was scuzzy as hell in that game)
Old 01-21-2015, 03:38 PM   #359
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

iirc he was only vt in ltwg?

Why are you here?
Old 01-21-2015, 03:40 PM   #360
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I am not a fan of DFR at all but who could his partners be? He wants to kill between melissa and jteh today so they aren't his partner. He voted on riot although he was the alternative so maybe that's a possibility. t-force is lock clear so that's not his partner. That leaves the small chance of riot or RB or Reuben. Of those two I would say reuben is more likely but I have liked his play quite a bit. I don't think RB is mafia because of how wrong he is and he has no reason to kill funnygurl in the night. While typing this post I actually realized that if DFR was mafia then he would vote on one of the people that have 1 vote to reduce pressure so I think that completely gets rid of that world.

I am most likely either wrong on DFR or Reuben. I'm going to cancel my plan that I previously mentioned and re-evaluate on both DFR and Reuben.