Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2008, 06:59 PM   #3201
MixMaxDancer
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to MixMaxDancer Send a message via MSN to MixMaxDancer Send a message via Skype™ to MixMaxDancer
Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Ok since Squeek closed my topic for this question ill put it on here .-.

Anyone know to beat Toon Link easily when someone is using him? when people be him I always lose, isn't there like a way i can counter most of his move(s) ( EX: Air: Down-A and Up-A)
MixMaxDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:34 PM   #3202
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

There is no singular way to beat any charachter. Dodge block and attack.

Hey Squeek you're registered now yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:20 AM   #3203
ducky285
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ducky285 Send a message via MSN to ducky285 Send a message via Yahoo to ducky285

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMaxDancer View Post
Ok since Squeek closed my topic for this question ill put it on here .-.

Anyone know to beat Toon Link easily when someone is using him? when people be him I always lose, isn't there like a way i can counter most of his move(s) ( EX: Air: Down-A and Up-A)
Avoid his projectiles and shield-grab his smashes. Air dodge the u-air and roll dodge d-air. Try to stay out of the area above or below him.

Also, u-air is laggy and d-air is laggy as crap on landing. If he whiffs these, punish him for it. His priority is surprisingly bad and his range is mediocre so try to use these to your advantage.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:54 AM   #3204
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky285 View Post
Avoid his projectiles and shield-grab his smashes. Air dodge the u-air and roll dodge d-air. Try to stay out of the area above or below him.
Air dodging his up aerial is rather hard. Like someone already said, he holds his sword out for a long time. Best way to avoid it is to simply not be directly above him while in the air.

Kind of stupid sounding now that I think about it...

"the best way to avoid getting hit is to avoid him"

Nice! But it's true. His up aerial is tough to get around and it's best to just avoid the situation in which he could use it on you. Another thing you can do if you're feeling gutsy is just move to the side a bit if he's under you. From there, you can fast fall into an aerial attack of your own.

Quote:
Also, u-air is laggy and d-air is laggy as crap on landing. If he whiffs these, punish him for it. His priority is surprisingly bad and his range is mediocre so try to use these to your advantage.
"his priority is bad"

Hmm? Weren't we just talking about his up and down aerials?!
Afrombean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:16 AM   #3205
ducky285
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ducky285 Send a message via MSN to ducky285 Send a message via Yahoo to ducky285

I was talking more in general, not just those two attacks. From what I understand, d-air has great priority (as do most auto-fastfall aerials) but a lot of his attacks can be blown through by a lot of characters if they have the range to get past it. I think most of Snake's ground and air attacks (and I don't mean his explosives) will plow right through TL. Surprising since TL uses a freaking SWORD.

But seriously, the best way not to get hit to be smart. If you get hit upward, move away from him so it's harder for him to land the attack. Use a midair jump or recovery move if he gets close. This is better if you have a character with multiple recovery moves with very little landing lag but the u-air is so laggy that he probably won't get another opportunity to hit you before you land. If you're using a character with great range and/or priority, hit him. It's riskier but it may save your ass.

When in doubt, aim far off the ledge and come back low so you'll grab the edge and be in a better position to defend yourself. This is pretty risky, too. You may botch your recovery or find yourself geting f-aired or b-aired in the face by TL off the ledge.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:53 PM   #3206
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I discovered something today that is awesome.

You can run in one direction, then grapple in the opposite direction.

ISN'T THAT SUH-WEET?

Not as amazing as my discovery that Pikachu's aerial down A can hit the opponent twice if they're at a low percent and the down A is short hopped into.

Hey that reminds me, what exactly is shfl or whatever. It's short hop, something, but I can't recall what it is exactly.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:59 PM   #3207
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

SHFFL- Short hop fast fall L cancel
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:02 PM   #3208
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
that sounds like way more trouble than it's worth

like, when I jump in a game, I don't want to have to perfectly execute a 3 button combo to do so
Old 04-22-2008, 03:58 PM   #3209
dogdude84
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Not as amazing as my discovery that Pikachu's aerial down A can hit the opponent twice if they're at a low percent and the down A is short hopped into.
You just figured that out and you're a pika player? I discovered that a while ago, and he's not my main. :O

I wanna play you guys sometime, my mains are toon for 1v1 and samus for 4-way.

Tournament Wins:
Cry4eternity's First Tournament (Standard division)

^lulz^

Super Smash Bros. Brawl LADDER

^ScArY^
dogdude84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:05 PM   #3210
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdude84 View Post
You just figured that out and you're a pika player? I discovered that a while ago, and he's not my main. :O
Actually I discovered it a long time ago messing around against the sandbag, and I don't think I've actually ever gotten it to work in real play. Meh. I was just drawing a parallel of something I discovered that might be mildly useful. It's funny though, because I discovered the reverse grapple thing on accident during a match and I was like "woah I just ran through him then grappled him from the other side".

ps i keep having trouble connecting to other people's games. It says "rules changed", locks me out of changing the rules, at the practice stage it looks like I'm the one hosting the game, then eventually I'm disconnected from WFC and given a 80430 error.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:50 PM   #3211
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
that sounds like way more trouble than it's worth

like, when I jump in a game, I don't want to have to perfectly execute a 3 button combo to do so
If ya wanna play fast you gotta perform fast. L CANCEL is only on melee though so you don't have to worry about that
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:30 AM   #3212
ducky285
FFR Player

Afrobean > That reverse grab is a Pivot Grab (this is an official name, it's on the Dojo :P). Every character has it and can be performed by turning around at the end of a dash or during a run and pressing Grab simultaneously. It's usually faster than a standing or dashing grab.

Some characters benefit a lot from it. Yoshi, Lucas and Samus can use it to perform a faster, less laggy grab.

Also, SHFLing has been replaced with SHFFing. No L-cancel means it can only be done with certain moves, specifically the ones that have no lag on landing (often referred to as auto-canceled aerials).

Ex. Mario/Luigi's b-air, Yoshi's b-air, Lucario's f-air and d-air...I don't remember if Pika has any. Last I checked all his aerials lag on landing except maybe u-air.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:46 PM   #3213
souljaboy4
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
k ready boy to get your butt kick once and for all

Me. The best player on SSBB
Souljaboy4
~BYE~
souljaboy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:04 PM   #3214
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Checklist:

Bad grammar
Low postcount
Naruto avatar
Extreme arrogance
Tildes

Yep, you fulfill the requirements.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:05 PM   #3215
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Don't ban him squeek rofl. I've been waiting for this guy. Send me a private message bro. Or get on aim if you have it diiippp.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:08 PM   #3216
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljaboy4 View Post
k ready boy to get your butt kick once and for all

Me. The best player on SSBB
Souljaboy4
~BYE~
rofl
Quote:
You can run in one direction, then grapple in the opposite direction.
It works with jumping too. You dash, jam the stick in the other direction, jump, then jam it back in the original direction, and you'll find yourself jumping backwards with little to no momentum change depending on how quick you are. It's easier than it sounds, and dead useful for characters with awesome bairs.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #3217
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Hilariously epic fun.

I finished my All-Star requirements. All I had left was All Stickers and 30,000 running feet.

Heard a rumor about Big Blue. Forgot the entire stage is a huge raceway. Sonic + Bunny Ears = EPIC.

Seriously, try it out. You'll get the 30,000 running feet in one 5-minute run most likely. If you hit the exhaust of another vehicle, you'll stop running. Sometimes you can position it just right so that you don't move at all, but you're running insanely fast. My suggestion is to turn bunny hoods on high and don't use a CPU. CPUs steal all the bunny hoods.

My only challenge left is to get all the stickers. 44 left. I have ~30 trophies left.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #3218
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Hilariously epic fun.

I finished my All-Star requirements. All I had left was All Stickers and 30,000 running feet.

Heard a rumor about Big Blue. Forgot the entire stage is a huge raceway. Sonic + Bunny Ears = EPIC.

Seriously, try it out. You'll get the 30,000 running feet in one 5-minute run most likely. If you hit the exhaust of another vehicle, you'll stop running. Sometimes you can position it just right so that you don't move at all, but you're running insanely fast. My suggestion is to turn bunny hoods on high and don't use a CPU. CPUs steal all the bunny hoods.

My only challenge left is to get all the stickers. 44 left. I have ~30 trophies left.
the stickers challenge is actually the most annoying one thanks to all the repetitions.
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:48 PM   #3219
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
It works with jumping too. You dash, jam the stick in the other direction, jump, then jam it back in the original direction, and you'll find yourself jumping backwards with little to no momentum change depending on how quick you are. It's easier than it sounds, and dead useful for characters with awesome bairs.
Lucky for me then, that this tactic wouldn't really help me all that much with Pikachu. Not like his back aerial spikes the opponent away like it did in N64... it works almost the same as his forward air except that I think it does knock the opponent a little further on the final blow of it, not that that's something I actually look for in my aerial attacks these days.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:37 PM   #3220
MystictheHedgehog
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

So I was messing around with Pit today, and discovered that not only are Pit's arrows NOT useless(someone made a comment earlier in the thread to that regards) but are also the attack I use the most with him.

Proof that arrows aren't useless.
Pit doesn't exactly have the best KO move. So you end up getting your opponent around the 150% range before actually knocking your opponent out(well this is me anyway). I was fighting someone today, got him to around 130%, and did Pit's ->A attack. Well it didn't quite kill him, so I shot an arrow, while he was trying to recover, to try to build up some more damage so I could for sure get him the next time, and my opponent was far enough over on the screen, and the arrow provided just enough knock back to kill him. I thought it was a fluke, but it happened numerous times after that.

Also, I never noticed how fun Pit is. I've been a Toon or a Marth main since I got the game, but I may switch to Pit.
MystictheHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote