Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2015, 12:55 AM   #301
lynn34melissa
FFR Player

Default Re: jTWG LXXI: Harry Potter and the Rise of the Wolves - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn34melissa View Post

I'm leaning toward Reuben as wolf, not just because I am his sister (though that is partly why) but because he is exceptionally quiet except in regards to me (though this is probably because I am his sister). trying to vote me would be a good strategy if he were a wolf because it wouldn't raise suspicion.
Though (i have to say this before he points it out), I am technically doing the same thing by voting him as a wolf.

In regards to Red and Dance I am still uncertain. I will make sure to make a reads list with them in it before the end of the day but for now its time to do homework/sleep.

Good night
lynn34melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:07 AM   #302
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Good, you're posting again, I didn't actually expect you to hop in just now. Now just keep doing that once every so often there are a few things in your reads list I don't particularly agree with, but your reads list left me feeling a lot more satisfied compared to before you posted.

unvote

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:46 AM   #303
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

flasssssssshy! Welcome to deddo threado.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
Old 01-21-2015, 06:08 AM   #304
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
flasssssssshy! Welcome to deddo threado.
aaaaaaand...he's gone

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2015, 07:08 AM   #305
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Lol I shielded Funny and got roleblocked.
So either FG was seer or that means we got a seering.

Today we should kill between tiloco, T-Force or Melissa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:17 AM   #306
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

So, I'm like mega-tired, and I have all these responses and notes and stuff. There isn't really anyone here, but I'll just post them kinda one topic at a time. Yay postwhoring!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2015, 07:17 AM   #307
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

First of all,I just wanted to explain something that's been getting on my nerves since people have been bringing up my post count in their arguments. I live in Hawaii and work a typical 9-5 schedule, plus or minus a few hours. What this means for the most part is that when I'm on at night, there is literally no one else online. It's hard to be active when there isn't anyone to be active with. Then I wake up the next morning, go to school/work, come back, and then there is like 10 new pages to read while I was gone with people wondering where I was. So then I end up having to make up one long post like this and unless it's eod, I'm not going to get much immediate feedback. Then the cycle continues. I don't mind it though, I've gotten used to posting like this on ffr in general.

tl;dr: loltimezones so I'm not active a lot, but I try to give everything I have when I do drop by and post.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2015, 07:17 AM   #308
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Regarding riotpolice, there seems to be a divide between some people at the moment. Personally, I think riotpolice was an ok lynch. First of all, let's think, why is it that we don't typically lynch inactives on D0? Right, because they don't give us any info when they flip. That's the thing, there are no flips, every lynch gives us no information. Thus, in a game setup like this, it is crucial that we gather the information we need through any means possible because town needs all the information it can get. Having someone with the way riotpolice was behaving is even worse than an inactive. At least an inactive has potential to come in and be active again. Riotpolice seemed pretty set on actively telling us that he doesn't need to give us information and that if he does, it can wait till a later phrase. Like I said, this is a terrible mindset to have, especially in a game like this with no flips.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2015, 07:18 AM   #309
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtehanonymous View Post
Slight town leans:
Melissa- So where I'm sitting at with Melissa is a slight town lean based on her earlier posting.I genuinely feel that she is working to get the hang of this game and the interaction is very natural.Nothing she has said has warranted any need for alarm, although I really hope she does continueto stay active and evolve her opinions. I liked how she was interacting with funnygurl and her momentsof "figuring things out". Would prefer not to lynch today.

Tiloco- I'm conflicted with you but I know I need to set aside the fact that you're suspect of me, since that really should fall independent of what I think of you. (Also especially since I think you're playing "spot the difference" which is generally a town thing to do) This game I feel you are generally more abrasive, but I was thinking that this honestly may be a good step for us since we don't have such prominent posters in here. Thinking back to the other game I played with you, I think you almost tried pocketing me as your top town or something and if I'm playing "spot the difference" as well, I'd say your activity is something that I, for now, view in a positive light.

Riopolice- Honestly, although you're receiving traction from not being the most "helpful" player,I think for you, your responses don't raise any red flags at all with me if we strictly just talk about alignment here. Although I think it's awkward for showing salt based on your frustration of appearing town versus your own method of playing this game, I feel it's genuine.

Fairly good Town leans:

Fg- You are by far the most natural poster and at present I feel you're kind of in the "town" swing of things that I'm fairly used to seeing. You are naturally asking questions while maintaining an appropriate amount of banter and nothing jarring has set me off in a bad way.

T-Force- Has a holistic approach to this game and are trying to engage all of town.
I mean this for example:

And honestly there are more posts like it that I feel are very townie-aligned.

Slight red leans:

Flashy- Oh flashhyyyyyyyy. It's another game where I honestly am torn between trying to decide if you're quiet and indecisive because you're just being you or you're afraid of drawing attention to yourself.

Benguina- Right now, I think you feel a bit..rushed? I think given a bit more time, you'd have potential to have the immersive effect that I really look for when trying to make town reads. You did give evidence of catching up in the thread, but then a lot of what you had said was lost when you then directed a vote towards someone who was just inactive. It almost felt like, "I have quite a few things say, but non-sequitur". You also were throwing out too many thoughts and not tying things together in a way that seemed acceptable.

Cheesecake-You're here primarily because I feel when I try fitting together my "vote puzzles"and the way people approach posting in the thread the first day, you're not lining up. I feel your posting is restricted and some manner and is not melding naturally with what I'd usually see.
I noticed that you kind of didn't look too much into Melissa's lurking close to eod and her awkward correction regarding the vote count. What do you think about that?

You seem very ok with seeing riotpolice as green. How did you feel about him wanting to withheld information D2?

As for your slight lean on me, I do feel a bit rushed. But I think that's primarily because of what I said earlier regarding loltimezones and my general posting style. I end up having to read through and try to do some analysis in "large chunks" and then I have all these ideas at once and it's hard to consolidate them well. From the perspective of town though, I would think that too many thoughts (even if slightly jumbled) is better than too little (or no thoughts).

You seem to be a bit quieter this game compared to last, I'd like to hear an update on your reads list and who you'd like to possibly see gone tonight.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2015, 07:18 AM   #310
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloco217 View Post

I would be ok with a DFR kill. I tentatively read him as town early but his reaction test was definitely very awkward and he hasn't done much since although aparantly a reads list is coming.

Red is an ok kill as well although I don't really want it. I also town read him early and he also had a weird set of votes. The difference between him and DFR though is that I think red was being more productive when he was being active early so even though he seems to have dissapeared for this eod I still think he could be town
Regarding Red, I can't remember if you gave your thoughts on it already but do you find RB's attitude and/or posting style a bit awkward this game compared to last? Other's have said this before in the thread and I agree that RB as a very distinctive posting style it seems for his town game, and this game I'm not feeling it.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2015, 07:19 AM   #311
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Every town needs a mayor
Quote:
I actually have given quite a lot of original opinions including being one of the first people to produce a reads list and continually updating it. Also I have produced more information for this game then any other players by asking the questions I do. For instance if I hadn't asked you to explain why you didn't like me you probably wouldn't have brought up what you just did
Overall, I like the activity you've sparked in the thread. But for some reason, recently it seems like you've been making a habit of -pointing out- how you're the "-est" townie. I wouldn't be surprised if you're pulling a wolf portraying a confident townie that's trying to project their confidence to town as a means of trying to earn town points. You even said so yourself that you're liking your agressive playstyle that town seems to like as well and I don't know if I'm just being paranoid but it seems like a one giant positive feedback cycle that was deliberaly constructed.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2015, 07:22 AM   #312
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
Where did I virtually tunnel Riot? If I was tunneling anyone, it was DFR.

I want to know what in RP's reads seemed so genuine, and I also want to pose this:
It's probably a good chance RP is town - I will admit it - but when is it ever a good move to say "I will give my in-depth reads the next day, but you have to keep me alive for it."
If you're town, and you're on the block, you give every scrap of info you have on somebody and everybody. You don't just say they look like a wolf and expect heat to go away.
Yes, I had my original suspicions on riot before, but this is the same exact reasoning when I had decided to leave my vote on riot. Perhaps other people voted on him for slightly different reasons, but the refusal to give information was a red flag for me and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2015, 07:23 AM   #313
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
Oh yay I won something!!

Ok reads.

*T-Force*: I find you green, you're trying to get a lot of info and info out of me. Beneficial to town all in general.
*Funnygirl*: I'm not so sure, I have a red lean on you because you've been so inconsistent with your reads, which I guess there's nothing wrong with that, I just don't like how it's been done really. Plus your accusations to me haven't seemed strong. I found it kinda humorous when you posted your "Who I'd Like To See Ded" list. Literally everyone save for two or three were on it.
*Red Lobster*: Red's improved his game a lot I feel. He's gotten better at putting info out I think. Funny that Trevor noted that he has been playing differently and that it's different from what we've all came to know and love as Red's town game, but I like it.
*Ben*: I haven't really had any red flags from him pop up.
*Melissa*: I like the tone of posting, but whoever said we should let a wolf play the noob card is right. I find it odd what you've decided to bring up and actually say at certain times, although I think it's ok to let slide -right now- as there are more pressing matters I think, I would like to hear you speak up a little more in events such as EOD.
*Tiloco*: Also has tried to get info out of many people, asking for reasoning behind things, I feel green on you.
*Jteh*: Hasn't really brought up any red flags like ben has in my eyes.
Now that funnygurl is gone (and thus likely town), can we get a reevaluation of your reads later, possibly more in-depth as well. I'm also looking forward to your null reads as well, especially since melissa has posted recently.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2015, 07:24 AM   #314
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

[quote=Cold Kitten;4264873]In the night....

Funnygurl555 was killed!

I'm not too surprised that funnygurl was killed. The most likely reason is likely because she projected town to nearly everyone (with the exception to dfr I think?) and she's also vet so there's that as well. She did voice strong suspicions against me, but I feel like she was a viable target for any possible wolf pair.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2015, 07:24 AM   #315
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
Lol I shielded Funny and got roleblocked.
So either FG was seer or that means we got a seering.

Today we should kill between tiloco, T-Force or Melissa.
Worst list of kills I have ever heard. Those are my top three towns in that order now that funny is gone and melissa has spoken up
tiloco217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:24 AM   #316
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
Also, considering they went for the person who's played the most games of TWG, we're most likely dealing with quieter wolves who are also most likely new to being a wolf, if not newer to the game in general.

Food for thought.
If this is the case T-Force, who would you say falls into this category? We have 1 player that's new to the game in general. I'm too lazy right now, but I might take a look at past games later myself to see if I can come up with possible pairings to support your theory.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2015, 07:25 AM   #317
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

[quote=reuben_tate;4265000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Kitten View Post
In the night....

Funnygurl555 was killed!

I'm not too surprised that funnygurl was killed. The most likely reason is likely because she projected town to nearly everyone (with the exception to dfr I think?) and she's also vet so there's that as well. She did voice strong suspicions against me, but I feel like she was a viable target for any possible wolf pair.
derp...that broken quote ><

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2015, 07:26 AM   #318
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

[quote=reuben_tate;4265004]
Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post

derp...that broken quote ><
I don't even...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2015, 07:27 AM   #319
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Ok, so I broke quoting something, I dunno. Carrying on...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2015, 07:28 AM   #320
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Good evening,

Thoughts:
Honestly I believed that Funny would survive in the game for a greater amount of time because she was one of the most obvious town. If I were to go on T-Forces view that the wolf is quiet and new to being a wolf I would vote for well... myself and possibly reuben or Jhet-A due to the post count (strategically it would be best for the wolf not to draw attention to themselves).

However if it were strategic to not draw attention to oneself and this was voiced during the game, wouldn't a new wolf then see it the opposite. Would the wolf participate in chat like a townie in order to appear town? (possible but...)

Reads: (honestly I don't think I'm experienced enough to give these...)

Reuben is not speaking as much as I would expect him to. This leads me to think that he has some sort of power role. It seems that no one is completely certain of his affiliation and this is concerning. If he were wolf I would expect him to blend into town better than he has done, even with the large amount of time he was absent while camping (silence is not exactly blending). I have a red lean toward him, especially since he was comfortable with votes on him (even if it was just me in the end)

T-Force: Honestly I think your town, however people who have played with you are probably better at reading your moves. I suspect green because I don't think you would have eliminated Funny on the first night. It would be the equivalent of me eliminating my brother (reference to Funny's bashing you), the action would be too suspicious. that and the fact that she voted for you in her death.

Tiloco: you talk a lot. really you do and I think a wolf would honestly try to post somewhere in the middle range (blending) instead of making the most amount of posts. You don't seem to fear the finger being pointed at you or questioned of your views and this leads me to believe that you are green.

Jteh-A: quiet, but nothing suggests wolf. he appears town.
Quote:
damn i lost this post before i posted it. (take-2)
reuben

Thoughts:
During the EOD i considered insta-lynching riot, but didn't due to the fact that I believed him town. It seems that people voted him out because of his posts (his posts voiced his frustration with attempting to seem town - presumably being a townie- and the inability to project it successfully, as well as his non-explanations for his votes). I didn't post anything in part because I was a bit confused, and the reads list was frustrating.

In regard to funny's death, i don't find it a bit funny (pun intended, sorry). I expected her to last a few rounds but T-force did mention that the obvious towns are killed first. if that is the case then tiloco or T-force are in the wolfs sights. Though the mentioning of this leads me to believe that they will avoid killing Tiloco or T-force at night, the voting today could give clues as to who is wolf.

I'm leaning toward Reuben as wolf, not just because I am his sister (though that is partly why) but because he is exceptionally quiet except in regards to me (though this is probably because I am his sister). trying to vote me would be a good strategy if he were a wolf because it wouldn't raise suspicion.
Quote:
Though (i have to say this before he points it out), I am technically doing the same thing by voting him as a wolf.

In regards to Red and Dance I am still uncertain. I will make sure to make a reads list with them in it before the end of the day but for now its time to do homework/sleep.

Good night
It seems like you're catching onto the game rather nicely Don't feel ashamed thinking that you are too inexperienced to post; the information you've posted will benefit town greatly and also serves as a learning experience for you.

It seems you are a little confused as to why obvious towns tend to get killed first. The reason being is because, in general, wolves want to keep people around who they think they can convince the rest of the town that they're wolf. However, it's very difficult to convince town that an obvious-townie is wolf, so that's why they are a good lynch candidate at times.

As for your lean on me, you're right, silence isn't blending, but I can't help the fact that I didn't have any internet connection during the time I was gone. Regarding what you said about being comfortable with votes, I don't think anyone is ever 100% comfortable when they have a vote on them. In general though, I try not to let my feelings get to me and I don't overreact much so I'm not going to flip out if someone votes me. And I wasn't concerned about your vote too much since I was under the premise that was a joke vote since that was the initial premise of the vote to begin with.

As for us being siblings, I'm trying not to let that get in the way of things myself, you should try the same too, I know it's hard. Also, you say I was quiet except in regards to you but the only real time I brought you up was in a snippet in a read's list awhile back and only just recently within the last few posts.

Also, I have nothing to say regarding your read on jteh, but I can't help but feel like everyone's read on jteh is exactly the same...nearly to the point of verbatim <_>

I'll give you a pass on the mess during eod, as you've seen, it becomes like a big time crunch within the last hour for everyone to post things and do last minute persquasions and last ditch attempts.

Later on, I'd like to hear if you can give us anything on dfr and red blaster as well.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: