Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-4-2008, 07:34 PM   #2901
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Stupid statements like the ones from Shamoo / korny that are why this argument will never die.

I don't see anyone on my side saying that your beliefs are stupid.

Edit: ninja'd. I should never leave FFR open while I take a trouble call at work D=

I'm not even saying that you guys should use items at tournaments. It's your tournament and you can do with it what you want. All I'm saying is what I said dozens of pages ago: don't measure skill in this game based on the fact that you are good with a handful of characters on one stage with no items. That's how you measure who is best with those handfuls of characters on one stage with no items in a tournament setting. That's not how you measure the skill of an entire game, especially not one as huge as Brawl.

Personally, I don't think you can claim to be the best at anything until you've beaten all of your competition. Like, if you get a Gold medal at the Olympics, well, you're the best at that specific event for that year. That's because every country had an equal opportunity to send their best competitor to the games and you beat them all. You're the best. (Along with this statement, a corollary! Ever notice how the Olympics have more than one running event? There are different meters, different numbers of runners, obstacles, biathlon, triathlon, etc. It's not just "who is the best runner", here. It's "who is the best runner at these various aspects". So even in the Olympics, you can't claim that one person is the best at the entire event of "running" unless they've won every single competition. Isn't that awesome?)

Last edited by Squeek; 04-4-2008 at 07:42 PM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2008, 07:58 PM   #2902
Shamo0
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shamo0

Oh please I've went into detail many, many, pages back to support my ideas. Srsly go back and look at my post if you do think I just post one liners all the time. I have like 211 post with this account and probably 150+ of those post are here in this thread. The comments aren't stupid. Say what you want, both sides have brought serious discussion to the table. Now bring it where it matters.

Enough with the talk, bring it to the battlefield. THAT will be what settles it.

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo

Last edited by Shamo0; 04-4-2008 at 08:06 PM..
Shamo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2008, 08:10 PM   #2903
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Yeah i already settled it against zidart so no need for that. Good games btw
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2008, 08:12 PM   #2904
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
Yeah i already settled it against zidart so no need for that. Good games btw
to everyone who doubts what korny says.. he might be inside the stereotype however he does have the skills to back his words. (in other words i got completely owned until he put someone else to play for him xD)

i just hope someone that's better than me helps proves this points (i guess the point number 2 was proved though even with some random explosions you still were able to beat me)
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2008, 09:56 PM   #2905
Afrombean
FFR Player

The problem with "settling it on the Battlefield" is that odds are good that the item user will win the item fight and the itemless user will win the itemless fight.

But is it because items make it easier? No, if it was, then the "pro" player would always win majority of games with items on. If items make it easier for the newb, it also makes it easier for the "pro".

It won't really prove anything. And if the "pro" person wins both matches, all it means is that the "pro" player is simply better at using items than the one who advocates their use.

Again, items are not a crutch to be used by newbs to beat good people. If it was that easy for newbs, the "pro" players could just use them in exactly the same way and still win the majority of matches.
Afrombean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2008, 10:21 PM   #2906
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003

ill play ya ! but do u have wi-fi at your house? i do. just post me a challenge i dont no how good u r
virus003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2008, 10:35 PM   #2907
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

I'll play you i guess. Kinda disappointed with the online show up tonight. My friend code is 4983 4695 3977. What's yours?
Old 04-5-2008, 01:57 PM   #2908
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidart View Post
to everyone who doubts what korny says.. he might be inside the stereotype however he does have the skills to back his words. (in other words i got completely owned until he put someone else to play for him xD)

i just hope someone that's better than me helps proves this points (i guess the point number 2 was proved though even with some random explosions you still were able to beat me)
Your lucky you weren't playing me with no lag. Korny just proved that items obviously do not take too much skill. He DOESN'T even play with items and he won. Whats that say?
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2008, 02:29 PM   #2909
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2awr View Post
Your lucky you weren't playing me with no lag. Korny just proved that items obviously do not take too much skill. He DOESN'T even play with items and he won. Whats that say?
well that items obviously don't make an average player beat a pro... you people always saying "noobs win with items" that's obviously wrong.

skill is a factor in every aspect of brawl.. korny is 10 times more skilled than me so even with items on (wich are not exclusive for one player) he was able to beat me because he has skill

Last edited by zidart; 04-5-2008 at 02:36 PM..
Old 04-5-2008, 03:03 PM   #2910
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

It's not like items are impossible to use when you tend to play without them. Anyone can use items.

My argument isn't that I'd beat you with items on. I'd still lose because you obsess over this game like it's the only thing the Wii has going for it while I tend to spend time playing other games. My argument is simply that items should be used when determining skill.
Old 04-5-2008, 03:07 PM   #2911
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

I obsess over this game like it's the only thing the wii has going for it? Or i obsess over this game because i got skilled enough at it to where it's fun to test your skills against others? Maybe that's your problem.
Old 04-5-2008, 03:13 PM   #2912
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Turn on your gamecube or pop Melee into your Wii. Go to the data. Show me how many hours you put into the game. Do the same for Brawl.

I'll tell you how many I put into it. Just enough to unlock everything. I plan to do the same for Brawl. Hell I might not even finish since it's just so redundant at this point. I still have 100 trophies to go, though I'm almost done with the stickers.

I had 42 Gamecube games. And I beat almost all of them (some of them really sucked). I didn't have the time or the care to get really good at a game my friends didn't even like.

We're all very proud of you that you're so good at this video game that you can beat other people on a forum dedicated to a flash-based rhythm game. I'm more proud of my collection of 20 Wii games already, because they allow for a huge variety of amazing games.

Let me put it this way. People who are really good at games tend to play the games for a really long amount of time. It's pretty obvious that the more you play the game, the better you are at it. If you manage to find someone who has the same or more hours of Melee playtime, play against them and tell me if they win. I bet they will.

Last edited by Squeek; 04-5-2008 at 03:17 PM..
Old 04-5-2008, 03:16 PM   #2913
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Exactly my point. You can't possibly understand why so many of us obsess over this game because all you did was play it to complete everything. Not every game is about just getting everything in it and on to the next one. Your attitude towards this game is so boring, that you for the most part, only play it to complete it. You are the only person i know who plays this game like that. You suck.
Old 04-5-2008, 03:22 PM   #2914
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
It's not like items are impossible to use when you tend to play without them. Anyone can use items.

My argument isn't that I'd beat you with items on. I'd still lose because you obsess over this game like it's the only thing the Wii has going for it while I tend to spend time playing other games. My argument is simply that items should be used when determining skill.
hey hold on a second.....are you giving excuses now?

what if i obsess over this game?? i love it, is one of my favorites and most of my time goes for it (but i still spend a few hours with other stuff to rest from it) is fun, is way better than recent wii games, and i'm at least average enough to get some challenge.

besides you were the one that was arguing about beating everything out of melee.. beating everything and blah blah blah... i guess now that on-line is avaliable you don't fight anyone because you're afraid to lose.
Old 04-5-2008, 03:28 PM   #2915
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I don't play online because NOBODY HAS ADDED ME. I have 20 people on the list whom I've told I've added, and only 2 have returned the favor. And those two are never online when I'm on.

Also because it's a pain in the ass to hook up my wireless router. Also because my wireless router sucks ass.

If you obsess over the game, well, you'd probably beat me too. It's a pretty standard formula. The more time you put into a game, the better at it you are. In this case, the more time you put into a game against other people, the faster you get better. In my case, the only thing I've done is unlock challenges. Since I haven't even played against someone else, my experience in that regard is ZERO. I have no idea how I fare against others.

@ korny: I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell me how to live my life, thanks.

I get the most out of my games and I'm damn well satisfied with how I do it. Sorry if I don't spend every goddamn waking moment waiting for random people to PWN ONLINE!!!111!11lol

And to be honest, Mario Galaxy is a far better game than Brawl is. After I get everything in Brawl, my friends and I will probably only be playing co-op Galaxy or Mario Kart. Hell, my close friend didn't even buy Brawl because he hates the game so much. I'm looking forward to racing him online in Mario Kart much more than I was looking forward to playing Brawl online against him.

Last edited by Squeek; 04-5-2008 at 03:32 PM..
Old 04-5-2008, 03:28 PM   #2916
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

I never told you how to live your life wtf. I'm saying you have a lame view of this game.
Old 04-5-2008, 03:33 PM   #2917
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I could say the same for you.

The people who STILL play Counter-Strike, the people who do WoW raids over Vent, the people who voice-chat while playing Halo 3 online, and the people who STILL play Melee... all of that is completely outside of the way I play games. That's just not how I do things. It looks really lame to me.

That's because it's an OPINION.

So let me go ahead and boot up the old wireless router here and see if anyone else decided they'd add me.

Oh look at that. Nobody added me. And nobody's online.

Try again next week.

Last edited by Squeek; 04-5-2008 at 03:38 PM..
Old 04-5-2008, 03:50 PM   #2918
zidart
FFR Player

well squeek i asked you if we could play on-line but you said.. no. and of course you don't like this game as much as galaxy because this is more of a multiplayer game.

by beating korny at least once.. i disproved the noobs Vs pro = pro wins100%. and that item players are no match for tourney without items. XD (though i think it was a super good luck shot that will only happen once in a lifetime XD)
Old 04-5-2008, 03:53 PM   #2919
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Did you not get my pm zidart? The lag was like i was playing manticore. My short jumps were registering a second late, my entire strategy

EDIT: I remade a room for you zidart.

EDIT2: Squeek i added you a long time ago you must not have added me.

Last edited by korny; 04-5-2008 at 04:08 PM..
Old 04-5-2008, 04:33 PM   #2920
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I did. I added you as soon as I made my first friend code list.