Old 12-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #261
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CV: Christmas in the clink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
Think about it like this.

J-rodd's ploy was to initially see who would bandwagon onto him with little effort. With that he could see people intentionally bandwagoning and people tying to put thought into their votes. This would create a player distinction which he hopes will allow him to find some wolves.

I'd imagine as a wolf he wouldn't come out into the open so much and make such a big scene. Wolves don't really want to be the center of attention because it gets them lynched more often than not. Maybe he's a wolf and he's using the lynchguard as protection for this ploy, but it would seem a lot easier to just do none of this from the start.

The thought process from the human side follows, there really doesn't seem to be a point from the wolf side.
yea this sums it up pretty well but it was not some calculated play lol, man people are wolf hunting in a pretty weird way.

and i wasn't trying to start some scene lol, people just jumped on it as if my lie was some sort of thing only a wolf does. doesn't even have too much substance behind it, honestly the only substance behind it is the extreme paranoia that it's causing a scene and no way a wolf would do that. even though that was not my intention

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
Old 12-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #262
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

I feel like Charu's doing this because he believes that J-rodd is a wolf. I don't think the problem he has with it is the lie, and he's never espoused himself to be a bible-thumping lyncher-of-all-liars, but the motive behind the lie, which I must admit, I am still a tad bit confused about. But I do agree that its not worth talking about now. Charu, pick another bandwagon, jrodd will be here tomorrow.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 12-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #263
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
I'm kind of confused as to what the point of the whole deal is, J-rodd. If you were really green, then your supposed power wouldn't be necessary unless you decide you'd like to make a complete ass of yourself just to take advantage of the power, which it appears you are doing right now. Otherwise, you could just...you know, not get aggressively defensive and target people questioning your silly play. Then people wouldn't vote for you and there would be no reason to post like you have been. All you are doing for me is ensuring that next day phase my vote will be going right on you (at least until something more serious comes up). Not because of a strong possibility of you being a wolf maybe, but because otherwise, your way of posting is completely unnecessary and not helping at all towards any sort of cause as far as I can see.

You are forgetting in your first sentence that Manti thought he would use the assumed power better than me, which I would probably have to agree with (no matter what the power is, he is a veteran player and would know more of what to do with whatever he got). In your second sentence, nobody is saying anything about a mutual betrayal, and it never happened, seeing as how I trusted. Not sure exactly why you would bring that point up.

The problem with this is that naturally people are going to be drawn to a silly play like that. As far as I could see, nobody was really 'bandwagoning', just voting (seeing as how it appears the majority of the players are all gung-ho about 'lynch all liars'). And this resulted in a very poor manner of posting by J-rodd as a response, in which case, how else are people supposed to think about him?

As for now, going to place a vote on Rune because he hasn't said anything yet and that worries me just a tad.
i shared my real night result. it wasn't some sort of "play", reading comprehension must be hard i've said it like 9023 times now. again i didn't target people questioning it, only ppl who i felt was questioning it in a weird way. you catch a lot of wolves this way just so you know.

awesome come at me next phase, we need people tunnelling, that's a great way to play this game, so impressive. you haven't explained as to why what i'm doing makes me a wolf. this whole post reeks of im trying too hard, but watever we've all been there.

poor posting, or saying what comes to mind. whatever it can cause a commotion but im pretty much LOCK CLEAR and ill keep saying what comes to my mind. maybe make a read or two thatd be nice puuuuuuke

Quote:
wow
Old 12-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #264
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
I feel like Charu's doing this because he believes that J-rodd is a wolf. I don't think the problem he has with it is the lie, and he's never espoused himself to be a bible-thumping lyncher-of-all-liars, but the motive behind the lie, which I must admit, I am still a tad bit confused about. But I do agree that its not worth talking about now. Charu, pick another bandwagon, jrodd will be here tomorrow.
what are you confused about lol.....

like here do i have to seriously fingerpaint my thoughts:

betray tps night 1 - i want a power, literally no info on tps he could easily be a wolf. if he betrayed i would not be phased

tell the thread i trusted him - figured it make ppl more likely to trust me in subsequent nights. this means i have more power in the situation so i could betray people i think could be a wolf.

Manti's plan- no reason not to go along with it.

Tell the thread i have a power, was more of a bookkeeping thing, it just isn't really a wolfy play no matter how hard wolves are gonna try and make it sound like it or detectives so badly want to be right they wont disregard it.

The thread would be less chaotic without it, sure but i said what came to my head and wanted the info in the thread to be accurate.

would it have made a difference? no it wouldn't have

you think i'm a wolf? cool keep coming, i'll keep shooting you down but today you can't do shit

Quote:
wow
Old 12-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #265
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

how is the motive behind telling the thread i trusted someone when i betrayed them when i could 100% get away with it confusing? i want as much control/power over the night decision in gaining a power/who i want to get a power. with night talking and out of thread talking off i cant just go message someone lol

Quote:
wow
Old 12-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #266
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

also people should make more reads

thumbs up BDN

Quote:
wow
Old 12-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #267
thesunfan
Role Tide

I'm not going after you, in fact, I advocated not going after you any more today. That was posted after I read YMIA's last post, then, when I read the thread again, there were 5 more from Charu and yourself. I felt kinda embarrassed, but wasn't going to point it out. I'm starting to understand why you did what you did, please excuse my reading comprehension-less brain.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 12-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #268
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

i dont know how to read either and only capitalize sentences when im posting from my phone

Quote:
wow
Old 12-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #269
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Whatever, that is my response.

Well at this point, the only people I want to see now are lito, runescape, and pyschoangel (I'm echoing again, okay, shush).

Pyschoangel, I see you lurking the thread sometimes. Next time you drop by, don't be afraid to share your thoughts, yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #270
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

I think I saw Runescape lurk once as well, so I know you're active, mister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #271
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
tip: that is not a good strategy to win the game (if you're a human).
In a game where power comes from trust, the last person I want to deal with is someone who lies and reveals so almost immediately afterwards, and later resorts to targeting people questioning him and making posts in a style that would make Ji proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
awesome come at me next phase, we need people tunnelling, that's a great way to play this game, so impressive. you haven't explained as to why what i'm doing makes me a wolf. this whole post reeks of im trying too hard, but watever we've all been there.
As a response to this..reading comprehension must be hard as you say. Never said what you were doing made you a wolf. Read again please

Curious as to what tps thinks about everything as a whole, because I see you down there...
Old 12-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #272
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
In a game where power comes from trust, the last person I want to deal with is someone who lies and reveals so almost immediately afterwards, and later resorts to targeting people questioning him and making posts in a style that would make Ji proud.
I don't care about the details of why you find a certain person distracting or bothersome to deal with. humans only get a small handful of lynches to kill wolves. lynching someone you don't particularly believe to be a wolf would be the biggest waste possible.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #273
thesunfan
Role Tide

A few people wanted reads, so here are mine thus far (no reasons yet for you guys yet though)

Wolves
Riot
BDN
KgZ
TPS
Gradiant

Unsure
Pretty much everyone else
V
Charu
Tokzic
Psychoangel
Mellon
Manti
YMIA

Took a wrong turn at Albuquerque
Lito
Runescape

Is bad at the game
117GrOOVegUY
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #274
thesunfan
Role Tide

oops, left out jrodd, he goes above V under "unsure"
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #275
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

you wish, I'm gonna go pro and make millions.

lynch from here, imo
V
BDN
KgZ
Riot

don't lynch from here right now but I'm watching u like a hawk
everyone else

I would kill KgZ or BDN this phase.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #276
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
the problem I have is that you're spending time talking about someone who did something you found "weird" during a phase when we apparently cannot lynch this person. it's like if you had a math exam tomorrow but you're too busy fretting over an art project that's due next.
This strikes me really weird. Continued posting about j-rodd when dance is asking other people for reads and committing the very act he is coaching players on. Also the lack of clarity of the coaching (fuckin look at that awkward analogy that doesn't make sense) here suggests an attempt at stretching to do so, in that he is more interested in appearing to coach than he is in getting a cogent point across.

I see that he moved on because he probably got enough self-awareness that he needed to, but it's this weird sort of last-wordmanship that makes his point seem forced.

I imagine a wolf is seeking structure at this point in time to erect some walls for them to play their special form of racquetball (my analogies own, check it), and what better structure than a giant thread consuming argument to take the human advocate role of "let me help you see why jrodd is waste of time." Such an easy neutral stance to waste a shitload of posts on.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #277
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

oh yeah dance
Old 12-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #278
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Quote:
This strikes me really weird. Continued posting about j-rodd when dance is asking other people for reads and committing the very act he is coaching players on. Also the lack of clarity of the coaching (fuckin look at that awkward analogy that doesn't make sense) here suggests an attempt at stretching to do so, in that he is more interested in appearing to coach than he is in getting a cogent point across.

I see that he moved on because he probably got enough self-awareness that he needed to, but it's this weird sort of last-wordmanship that makes his point seem forced.

I imagine a wolf is seeking structure at this point in time to erect some walls for them to play their special form of racquetball (my analogies own, check it), and what better structure than a giant thread consuming argument to take the human advocate role of "let me help you see why jrodd is waste of time." Such an easy neutral stance to waste a shitload of posts on.
Tps's Vote: Explained
Old 12-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #279
thesunfan
Role Tide

can we get a votecount?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #280
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

I totally lost track of my days and didn't realize it was Wed already. I might be too late to put in a vote but I'll write something anyway.

I've had a few people in mind since this started but since I'm new to this game I am really unsure. I'm not too sure what to think of Jrodd and that whole situation. Part of me wonders why he'd want to lie like that and draw attention to himself. Why would a human want to be suspected? (I skimmed everyone's posts but may have missed some stuff, so apologies if it's been fully addressed). Part of me feels as though he may have made a misstep and didn't mean to say one than the other.

Being new in this is pretty tough so I've been mostly observing trying to get a feel for how this all works. I still don't fully understand the powers and how all that works either. Sorry for being such a newb guys :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Closed Thread