Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #261
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: College/University??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak04 View Post
What's weird that this type of discussion was brought up yesterday in my sociology class. It's actually really easy to get a license to sell pot in California supposedly.
It's not super tough to do, but that's, imo, because it's not all that profitable to do it legally. Even if you try to increase your economies of scale, you'll either get raided or you'll only break even years down the road after your investment. Compare it to an actual education, and the rate of return is no contest.
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #262
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
It's not super tough to do, but that's, imo, because it's not all that profitable to do it legally. Even if you try to increase your economies of scale, you'll either get raided or you'll only break even years down the road after your investment. Compare it to an actual education, and the rate of return is no contest.
Well of course not, one with an education is bound to make more money, all I was saying that it's easily accessible to obtain the license haha.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #263
HoneyMelonCalibrator
Arrow Theory™
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HoneyMelonCalibrator Send a message via MSN to HoneyMelonCalibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender5 View Post
I know a little bit of everything, nothing too in depth in any particular trade aside from my own, but give me an hour tops with a leading professional in any field and I'll be able to perform amongst the top marginal percentile with little work history, I have to ability to think things like 8 steps ahead, so doing pretty much any job becomes inanely easy, unless it involves fine motor control my body renders physically impossible thanks to horrible spinal injury.
(
...?

Claiming that you were delusional, at this point, would be nothing short of an understatement.
諸行無常の響あり。
娑羅雙樹の花の色、
盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
おごれる人も久しからず、
唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
偏に風の前の塵に同じ。

Last edited by HoneyMelonCalibrator; 11-10-2010 at 12:03 PM..
HoneyMelonCalibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:56 AM   #264
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

you know some hocus pocus, bender? i need a little help.
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #265
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Selling pot isn't ****ing hard, you just need to be really educated in pot. I could write books from just one year of learning from the old wise pros.

I transformed 80 bucks into a multi-thousand dollar underground business in under a year, I'll be able to do it no problem on the west coast too
bender5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #266
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I transformed 80 bucks into a multi-thousand dollar underground business in under a year, I'll be able to do it no problem on the west coast too
Quote:
The marijuana industry is literally no different than real finance. It's just looked down upon because it's ILLEGAL.

In California there's a huge legal trade, and I'm going to be a very big part of it when I'm there.
Quote:
Rubix, you realize the ONLY reason I'm discussing this openly is because I'm no longer doing ILLEGAL business.
With my current profit margin (which is smaller than what I'll have in California) coupled with the fact that my product overhead is cut in half, with LEGAL businesses that are licensed to sell marijuana.
These days I'm becoming an activist because there are a LOT of legal things involved in the marijuana industry that you seem to know absolutely nothing about, and proceed to add your pseudo-intellectualism to your arguments so that you can condescend on those in a lesser position than you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
Working behind a counter selling marijuana isn't going to be massively lucrative, either. You need a license in Cali if you want to open your own dispensary, and the possession limit is something like 8 ounces and 18 plants.

But even so, under state law, medical marijuana providers must operate as non-profit collectives, meaning that you charge medical pot users only for reimbursement of costs.

If you want to seriously profit from marijuana, you have to go illegal -- but the massive ongoing raids in Cali lately and the recent busting of your dealer should show how sustainable that sort of profit is. When you consider the foregone labor opportunity cost and damage to credit/record and all other foregone opportunities, the risk just isn't worth it, and the profits inherent in going legal aren't all that great.
Quote:
you act like I don't know California law, I'm not about to ****ing outline my past and future for you guys when everything is still FEDERALLY illegal.

My reputation as being a genuine, good-hearted, well-liked person is what precedes me, I also am known for having the best pot, but that's on the side.
oh ok
Old 11-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #267
HoneyMelonCalibrator
Arrow Theory™
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HoneyMelonCalibrator Send a message via MSN to HoneyMelonCalibrator

I'm sure you'll have no problem selling in California - where while the demand is most likely higher than wherever you currently reside, as is the supply. You'll have some serious competition and will have to reestablish connections, as well as regain a "reputation".. all things easier said than done.
諸行無常の響あり。
娑羅雙樹の花の色、
盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
おごれる人も久しからず、
唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
偏に風の前の塵に同じ。
Old 11-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #268
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

I already have connections, I have nothing to establish, I'm posting on a forum that I'll probably completely ignore when I run out of time again, and the level of serious analysis that's going into a 19 year old ex-pot dealer that made stupid amounts of money is pretty hilarious to be honest.

Just proves that I can really cause a stir wherever I go, and I'm gonna do great things with or without the approval of a community that seemed to stay in a time lock when it didn't formally exist
Old 11-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #269
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I already have connections, I have nothing to establish, I'm posting on a forum that I'll probably completely ignore when I run out of time again, and the level of serious analysis that's going into a 19 year old ex-pot dealer that made stupid amounts of money is pretty hilarious to be honest.

Just proves that I can really cause a stir wherever I go, and I'm gonna do great things with or without the approval of a community that seemed to stay in a time lock when it didn't formally exist
Nothing in this thread has involved "serious analysis" -- it's just clear you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #270
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Quote:
I..... what?
Old 11-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #271
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

If you had any common sense the reason that it seems as though I don't know what I'm talking about because I'm smart enough not to say too much.

All sorts of elusive, very off the wall answers that couldn't ever be used as "evidence". Our government doesn't have the same kind of liberal views on the world as me, and I'd rather not be put in jail because I need to try to prove myself.

You guys can think what you want, but I'm a well respected person, and if I don't have the respect of flashflashrevolution.com then whatever, I was never expecting to speak to any of you again when the site died last year anyway.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #272
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

bender5
The Weed Money Man

come to cali man. i'm born and raised here, i currently live in SLO county (lots of pot smokers and hippies here). if you're such a big shot business man and the well-liked, genuine, good hearted Ghandi of pot you say you are, let's see how long it takes before i know your name.

honestly though, i think you're a ****in clown.
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #273
ananana
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ananana Send a message via MSN to ananana Send a message via Skype™ to ananana

Quote:
If you had any common sense the reason that it seems as though I don't know what I'm talking about because I'm smart enough not to say too much.

All sorts of elusive, very off the wall answers that couldn't ever be used as "evidence". Our government doesn't have the same kind of liberal views on the world as me, and I'd rather not be put in jail because I need to try to prove myself.
Oooooohhhh, so you're special!
ananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #274
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:

You guys can think what you want, but I'm a well respected person, and if I don't have the respect of flashflashrevolution.com then whatever, I was never expecting to speak to any of you again when the site died last year anyway.
No, you don't know what you're talking about because you don't know what you're talking about. You can't make stupid-ass comments/claims and they say "I actually know what I'm talking about, but I just can't tell you those things because it's illegal." Even if we put the drug stuff aside, your claims about skill/ability/education are just horribly retarded.

I'll gladly give you an hour and put your skills to the test. I'll even go really, really, mind-numbingly easy on you. Are you going to whine and make excuses like little girl, or are you going to put some teeth in your otherwise hollow statements?
Old 11-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #275
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Think I'm a clown all you want, I'm not trying to act cool by having pot associated with my name.

I'm probably the ONLY person I know in New Jersey that could take a look at a menu, then have someone lay out the menu in front of me with no labels and be able to tell you exactly which strain is which, and probably give you some interesting info on the genetics as well as how it's grown.

I take what I do VERY seriously, and if you guys even had a remote understanding of what really goes down in the day of life of someone like me, you'd understand that saying even half of the still intensely vague details of my life is pretty bold.

Having a paycheck working behind the counter is cool, but that's not how you make your money, if I were to disclose all the secrets behind the real money in the marijuana trade everyone would think they could do it, but I know I can and have proved I can.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #276
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

They are calling bs on how much you earn. If you want to avoid it, you need to post some proofs e.g. pictures of your paycheck etc

(ofc you could just PM rubix if you don't want to publicly disclose those)

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #277
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Think I'm a clown all you want, I'm not trying to act cool by having pot associated with my name.

I'm probably the ONLY person I know in New Jersey that could take a look at a menu, then have someone lay out the menu in front of me with no labels and be able to tell you exactly which strain is which, and probably give you some interesting info on the genetics as well as how it's grown.

I take what I do VERY seriously, and if you guys even had a remote understanding of what really goes down in the day of life of someone like me, you'd understand that saying even half of the still intensely vague details of my life is pretty bold.

Having a paycheck working behind the counter is cool, but that's not how you make your money, if I were to disclose all the secrets behind the real money in the marijuana trade everyone would think they could do it, but I know I can and have proved I can.
you sound like an infomercial salesman

LEARN THE SECRETS OF WEIGHT-LOSS TODAY!
PROVEN STRATEGIES TO MAKE YOUR MONEY WORK FOR YOU THAT THE BIG BAG TRADERS ON WALL STREET DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW!
Old 11-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #278
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
They are calling bs on how much you earn. If you want to avoid it, you need to post some proofs e.g. pictures of your paycheck etc
I don't do stupid flashy things like take pictures of large stacks of cash, that's just plain dumb.

If you want to really to get to know me, you have to meet me in person, because I refuse to discuss things that really give away actual detail of my real life, as apposed to a general summary to get a good gist.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #279
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

I read the first page of this thread, and then this page directly after.

Horribly, horribly, derailed.
I'll agree with everyone else, bender, you're retarded.

On topic. After highschool I went to community college and took a few art classes, realized it was a waste of time and dropped out. Taught myself a bunch of stuff while working as a delivery driver, and as of about 8 months ago, got a job you'd normally need a masters degree for. College is overrated, at least in my field.
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #280
HoneyMelonCalibrator
Arrow Theory™
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
I read the first page of this thread, and then this page directly after.

Horribly, horribly, derailed.
I'll agree with everyone else, bender, you're retarded.

On topic. After highschool I went to community college and took a few art classes, realized it was a waste of time and dropped out. Taught myself a bunch of stuff while working as a delivery driver, and as of about 8 months ago, got a job you'd normally need a masters degree for. College is overrated, at least in my field.
And what job would that be?
諸行無常の響あり。
娑羅雙樹の花の色、
盛者必衰のことわりをあらはす。
おごれる人も久しからず、
唯春の夜の夢のごとし。
たけき者も遂にほろびぬ、
偏に風の前の塵に同じ。