Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2015, 10:28 AM   #261
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Cool Re: jTWG LXXI: Harry Potter and the Rise of the Wolves - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
I dont like how you're bossing everyone around. "I need to see this" "I want that.." etc.
Every town needs a mayor
tiloco217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:13 PM   #262
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXXI: Harry Potter and the Rise of the Wolves - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
I don't like how you and T-Force virtually tunneled Riot until he just didn't want to play anymore. That whole back and forth where he was talking about not knowing how to look town doesn't strike me as scummy..but yet you two kept on pushing him. That whole conversation makes him look human and you guys wolfy.

I generally agree with his reads, there isn't much that needs explaining.
Where did I virtually tunnel Riot? If I was tunneling anyone, it was DFR.

I want to know what in RP's reads seemed so genuine, and I also want to pose this:
It's probably a good chance RP is town - I will admit it - but when is it ever a good move to say "I will give my in-depth reads the next day, but you have to keep me alive for it."
If you're town, and you're on the block, you give every scrap of info you have on somebody and everybody. You don't just say they look like a wolf and expect heat to go away.
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:14 PM   #263
T-Force
Your world ends with you

And back to work for me.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:01 PM   #264
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
there have been softs on reuben, dfr, and red blaster this game.
Did I miss something? o_o
Quote:
DFR's post here really struck me as strange. I know I've felt weird about his reads lists when he was town before, but I didn't like how he just jumped on Riot at the end like that. What Riot did isn't "number one red lean material"
And you've played some epic mafia games with him before, man. It's not like you don't know how Riot plays.
I don't think I jumped on riot, I'm pretty sure I expressed some red lean on him earlier, if not, I guarantee I thought it (another thing for me to work on woo). "Number one red lean material" is a very opinionated thing. What I think sticks out as wolfy could be what you think is town, and vice versa. What he did stuck out to me as wolfy in my own opinion, and that's what I felt strongest in. If I knew how riot played, then wouldn't that make me have a better read on him anyways ergo making my red lean even if it was based on gut as well a little more viable? The only thing I can think of that would make what he did more towny is the fact that he does play epicmafia, a chat based mafia game, where you don't really read as much, type as much, and think as much in my opinion. So he just didn't feel like reading or typing a bit more? Still makes me want to have a red lean on him regardless.

Quote:
Melissa was watching the thread last night. Why didn't she say anything? I don't like that people are giving her a pass because she's new. It's so easy to pull the newbie card as a wolf. You're not getting that kinda pass in a game made for people to adjust to the game. I will begin to push on you if I'm alive and you're still not contributing much.
I do agree on this though, I found it kinda funny that the post she made eod was correcting tiff on a vote count :P

Why are you here?
danceflashrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:12 PM   #265
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Oh hey FFR's back.
So I realize this may sound suspicious as fuck, but if wolves follow proper procedure, they're going to be targetting the top towny player. Based off of other peoples' reads, plus the fact I'm one of this games veterans, I'm slightly worried that I'm going to be said target.

Assuming we didn't hit the medic, if you could guard me tonight, that'd be greeeeeeeeeeeat.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:16 PM   #266
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

but if you guard t-force then I will die :P

DFR where is that reads list at?
Old 01-20-2015, 05:17 PM   #267
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I expect it filled out and on my desk tomorrow morning
Old 01-20-2015, 05:25 PM   #268
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
Did I miss something? o_o
i mean people were suspicious of you reuben and rb but like no one really acted on it much

Quote:
I don't think I jumped on riot, I'm pretty sure I expressed some red lean on him earlier, if not, I guarantee I thought it (another thing for me to work on woo). "Number one red lean material" is a very opinionated thing. What I think sticks out as wolfy could be what you think is town, and vice versa. What he did stuck out to me as wolfy in my own opinion, and that's what I felt strongest in. If I knew how riot played, then wouldn't that make me have a better read on him anyways ergo making my red lean even if it was based on gut as well a little more viable? The only thing I can think of that would make what he did more towny is the fact that he does play epicmafia, a chat based mafia game, where you don't really read as much, type as much, and think as much in my opinion. So he just didn't feel like reading or typing a bit more? Still makes me want to have a red lean on him regardless.
yeah i really thought he was town this game which is why i find it weird that you thought he was a wolf
i mean you're not at the top of who i'd want to see one next phase
also yeah say your thoughts when you think it because if you look back on the thread and see when you placed your vote i mean i found that major sketch for a reason

Quote:
I do agree on this though, I found it kinda funny that the post she made eod was correcting tiff on a vote count :P
hi melissa
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:34 PM   #269
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloco217 View Post
I expect it filled out and on my desk tomorrow morning
Sry boss I just got home from school + jazz band practice + homework + who the fuck gives a quiz on the unit circle on the FIRST DAY OF THE SECOND SEMESTER. "yeah i'll get it done" -dfr 2014 (no but srsly ill take a shower now and i'll give a hopefully good reads list [don't get your hopes up])

Why are you here?
Old 01-20-2015, 05:36 PM   #270
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Quote:
i mean people were suspicious of you reuben and rb but like no one really acted on it much
oh i get what you mean now. i thought someone was like... claiming a role or something rofl

Quote:
also yeah say your thoughts when you think it because if you look back on the thread and see when you placed your vote i mean i found that major sketch for a reason
i don't blame you, i need to get better at actually saying things instead of just thinking them to myself and carrying on with my day.

but yeah, shower then reads list, and then studying the unit circle weeeeeeee

Why are you here?
Old 01-20-2015, 05:44 PM   #271
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

My post never posted :l
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:48 PM   #272
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
Oh hey FFR's back.
So I realize this may sound suspicious as fuck, but if wolves follow proper procedure, they're going to be targetting the top towny player. Based off of other peoples' reads, plus the fact I'm one of this games veterans, I'm slightly worried that I'm going to be said target.

Assuming we didn't hit the medic, if you could guard me tonight, that'd be greeeeeeeeeeeat.
Least convincing argument ever.
You've got 4 hours to change that.
Quote:
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Old 01-20-2015, 05:57 PM   #273
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Anyway, my initial post that didn't go through due to ffr being down was about Funny's reads being flippyfloppy.

"Jteh I like your vote on Red, but it looks wolfy"
"I'm ok with lynching red/I don't like Red" and 2 posts later "I like Red"

Also regarding T-Force tunneling RP, you and Tiloco have like 2-3 pages of you both just nailing RP for everything he was doing before he just went silent. How is that not tunneling?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-20-2015, 06:23 PM   #274
T-Force
Your world ends with you

RB, are you trying to claim medic or something?
If not, I have no need to convince you you of anything seeing as you're one of the few (if the only) NOT reading me correctly this game.

Also, here's the Tunneling/Pressure Scorecard:

Quote:
Unlike you, tiloco, DFR's willingness to talk about anything that's NOT game-related doesn't sit as well with me as it's all he's done.

DFR, read through the read and tell me your thoughts.
DFR: 1 - Riot: 0

Quote:
That was nothing like a Phoenix Wright "accusation". Valiant effort though.

What do you think about Red's "softclaim"?
DFR: 2 - Riot: 0

Quote:
So you put a vote on him to see his "reaction", and upon seeing a big ol' =C, you're perfectly fine with said reaction and are willing to leave him alone?

No. I don't like that. You know better than that, you tasteless tetrahedra.
DFR: 3 - Riot: 0

Quote:
I'm going to skip a bit and say I'm comfortable where my vote currently is, but I do feel that Riot needs to be prodded a bit more. I will say now I won't mind swapping my vote to him for that reason.

DFR, like I said, I'm good with having my vote on and I do hope he can speak up a bit before phase ends (I know you have school and crap, but can you spare 15 minutes?).
DFR: 3.5 - Riot: 0.5

Quote:
Oh the irony~

You may not feel the need to, but it could be helpful to any other townies who feel you are also town and could influence.

Your job as a townie is to help the other town win. If you're not going to give information to help your case, then how do you expect others to come to your conclusions?
DFR: 3.5 - Riot: 1.5

Quote:
Riot, in all honesty the best thing you can do as a town is keep talking. Say a lot. Don't just tell us why we shouldn't look at you, tell us who ELSE we should look at and tell us why.
You're partway through with telling us to look at tiloco. Why should we? What makes him wolfier vs. others in your eyes?
DFR: 3.5 - Riot: 2.5

Quote:
And DFR if you're there, speak up. I don't really want to keep my vote on you, but that's just because I like you. Gamewise, I have no problem keeping it there because let's be fair: If you're not going to be here, you're being a detriment to town.

Riot's willingness and openness does make me want to keep him around for one more day, but after that, it's back to the grill (It's like TWG CIII all over again. >=] ).
DFR: 4.5 - Riot: 2.5

QUOTE=T-Force;4264548]Yeah, the more I think about it (see my post that turned into a slight stream of consciousness), Riot has definitely been odd with basically goading us into keeping him alive for a day. If you're a town, you get your info out ASAP; you don't try to blackmail us into keeping you alive.

Riotpolice[/quote]

DFR: 4.5 - Riot: 3.5

OH HEY LOOK AT THAT I TUNNELED HARDER AND LONGER ON DFR THAN I DID ON RIOT.

Next please.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:35 PM   #275
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Oh yay I won something!!

Ok reads.

*T-Force*: I find you green, you're trying to get a lot of info and info out of me. Beneficial to town all in general.
*Funnygirl*: I'm not so sure, I have a red lean on you because you've been so inconsistent with your reads, which I guess there's nothing wrong with that, I just don't like how it's been done really. Plus your accusations to me haven't seemed strong. I found it kinda humorous when you posted your "Who I'd Like To See Ded" list. Literally everyone save for two or three were on it.
*Red Lobster*: Red's improved his game a lot I feel. He's gotten better at putting info out I think. Funny that Trevor noted that he has been playing differently and that it's different from what we've all came to know and love as Red's town game, but I like it.
*Ben*: I haven't really had any red flags from him pop up.
*Melissa*: I like the tone of posting, but whoever said we should let a wolf play the noob card is right. I find it odd what you've decided to bring up and actually say at certain times, although I think it's ok to let slide -right now- as there are more pressing matters I think, I would like to hear you speak up a little more in events such as EOD.
*Tiloco*: Also has tried to get info out of many people, asking for reasoning behind things, I feel green on you.
*Jteh*: Hasn't really brought up any red flags like ben has in my eyes.

Why are you here?
Old 01-20-2015, 06:50 PM   #276
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I am not impressed by those reads. The way you have been pushing on funnygurl has felt very awkward to me. You keep bringing up things about her play then mentioning that it is possible for her to do that as town. Aside from that the rest of your reads don't feel very fleshed out, ben's and jteh's in particular but none of the rest are deep either. Who would be your second mafia read?
Old 01-20-2015, 06:51 PM   #277
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

T-force captain obvious.
Still not convinced btw.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-20-2015, 06:54 PM   #278
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Also I didn't like your stream of consciousness earlier. You mostly focused on yourself and people's reads on you. As town I would expect you to focus a lot more on trying to discover people's alignments.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:54 PM   #279
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Hm... if I had to say right now, it would be between ben/jteh/melissa. Really I put that there for ben and jteh as a half assed way of null. I really need to look back at ben and jteh's posts to get a better read on them. But I really don't have a definitive second wolf as of now. (I'm hunting back through jteh's and ben's posts now)

Why are you here?
Old 01-20-2015, 06:56 PM   #280
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloco217 View Post
Also I didn't like your stream of consciousness earlier. You mostly focused on yourself and people's reads on you. As town I would expect you to focus a lot more on trying to discover people's alignments.
I focus on myself because that's how I've always played, regardless of role (except for cop apparently iunno). I fear how other people think of me lol. If you look at past games, you can pretty much say that it's my town meta (although I really am trying hard especially now to separate me from my past meta >_>). But yeah I focused on myself subconsciously sorry about that.

Why are you here?