Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2008, 08:51 PM   #2601
zidart
FFR Player

Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
I was just pointing out that "100 man melee with each character" is easy by contrasting it to a hard objective, not trying to say that boss battles would be a better choice for hammering (I had already figured that it was disabled for them given Squeek's complaining about it the other day).
yeah i know what you're saying... but i leave the "beat 100 brawl with all characters" like that and if i still have hammers at the end i'll use it on it
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #2602
alloyus
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I managed level 4 with Lucas...don't know how I did it though o.o

^FFP_D0pey btw
alloyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #2603
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidart View Post
oook i have no problem with any of them (for 15 and cruel i used jigglypuff's trick.. wich is floating arround under the stage and the stupid computers will just fall down the stage because they follow me) it's the fact that one of the challenges asks you to finish 100 man brawl with ALL the characters... and that might annoy me to the point of not doing it... though if it turns out to be fast and easy i'll just save my hammer for something else (or nothing else XD)

this time arround actually multi-man is just easier for me to kill all enemies with marth and assit trophies/pokeballs

Thats what I did today for cruel lol except I think mine is 19? Something like that. And to squeek, it IS that easy. I did it the FIRST time I tried it. Same goes for 15 minute.
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:00 PM   #2604
MystictheHedgehog
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Target Test 4 was easier with Pikachu than with Sonic to me...but I agree with Squeek, none of them are difficult at all with Toon Link.

And the DK trick is NOT easy, I get messed up every single time. I'm better off using Pikachu or Marth....I got the 15 minute with Marth and 100 man as well. But that's just me.
MystictheHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:03 PM   #2605
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

I tried the DK trick six times from six different locations on the stage before giving up. It doesn't work.

Maybe your copy of the game is gimped to make it ridiculously easy.

ps afro bair shine fastfall short hop the first target then dB antishine walljump the second and third
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #2606
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystictheHedgehog View Post
Target Test 4 was easier with Pikachu than with Sonic to me...but I agree with Squeek, none of them are difficult at all with Toon Link.

And the DK trick is NOT easy, I get messed up every single time. I'm better off using Pikachu or Marth....I got the 15 minute with Marth and 100 man as well. But that's just me.
Standing in one spot and spamming down B isn't easy? It's not even a trick, it's common sense. With Pikachu there is lag between spamming his D smash. No, lag with DK. If one of them nabs you roll away and spam down B it's not that hard lol..For 15 minute, what you can also do is pick ganondorf and just use your invincibility frames on the edge. So easy...
Old 03-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #2607
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2awr View Post
Standing in one spot and spamming down B isn't easy? It's not even a trick, it's common sense. With Pikachu there is lag between spamming his D smash. No, lag with DK. If one of them nabs you roll away and spam down B it's not that hard lol..For 15 minute, what you can also do is pick ganondorf and just use your invincibility frames on the edge. So easy...
or just use jigglypuff and you'll only get 10% of damage in 10 minutes...
as for a 100 just use the character you're most comfortable with.. heck i've seen people beating it with olimar
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:11 PM   #2608
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Boss battles aren't hard for me anymore, Even on intense.

I'm making it to Tabuu everytime now. I just keep screwing up the rings of death. The make me extremely nervous and I tend to screw up.

Once I get used to them, I'll have Boss battles beat on Intense.

Rayquaza, The ridleys, Peaty Phirana and the hands never do any damage to me anymore.

Galleom Either does either nothing to me or 50 damage.
Porkey does <20 on a good run, and 50ish on a bad

Duon is the only one that still gives me trouble. I always get 40+ from him.

Once I get Tabuu's Insta death rings timed right, I'll have this stupid challenge.

I fought him 12 times today, 2 of the 12 I lost on his second death ring parade where he had about 1/4 or less left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 03-24-2008 at 09:13 PM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:11 PM   #2609
l2awr
FFR Player

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dVqTYk1upVA

lol. He doesn't even down b
Old 03-24-2008, 09:38 PM   #2610
ducky285
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ducky285 Send a message via MSN to ducky285 Send a message via Yahoo to ducky285

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2awr View Post
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dVqTYk1upVA

lol. He doesn't even down b
I did it even faster without the Hand Slap. 2:40, I believe.

I also got 100-man brawl the first time by using Yoshi and using whatever moves kill in one hit. It isn't nearly as hard as Melee.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:10 PM   #2611
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

I died on the last enemy (is it always the character you pick?) the first time I did 100 man melee. He hit me out of Pit's up-b. I only had around 40 damage. >_<
Old 03-24-2008, 10:53 PM   #2612
YNXOT
FFR Player

I finally beat Classic mode now on to All-Star woo hoo

Nintendo 3DS friend code - 3136 6689 2051 add me =)
YNXOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #2613
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123

How do you dodge tabuu's ring attsck? I always sidestep it but timing has to be perfect.
meno_rocks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:37 PM   #2614
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno_rocks123 View Post
How do you dodge tabuu's ring attsck? I always sidestep it but timing has to be perfect.
I roll, But It's all in the timing. You should dodge about a second before the first red ring is going to hit you. The red rings are the back end of death, not the front. That's why people screw them up a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:50 PM   #2615
YNXOT
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno_rocks123 View Post
what i did was just jump in the middle where he is at and dodged it I dont know how but thats how I did it

Nintendo 3DS friend code - 3136 6689 2051 add me =)
YNXOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:02 AM   #2616
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

I just realized something.

I think Tabuu's one-hit-insta-kill attack is a stab at Microsoft. I mean it's a series of three red rings, that kill you.

Three red rings of death. Xbox 360 anyone?
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:23 AM   #2617
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

If you're good enough with PokeTrainer, you can probably Poke-Switch through all three rings.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:58 AM   #2618
ducky285
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ducky285 Send a message via MSN to ducky285 Send a message via Yahoo to ducky285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
If you're good enough with PokeTrainer, you can probably Poke-Switch through all three rings.
Zelda/Shiek or Samus/ZSS transformations last pretty long, but I still think you may have to dodge the last ring.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:32 AM   #2619
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123

Doesn't matter. I almost always die on the last boss before tabuu trying to save the last heart for the final battle =/
meno_rocks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:09 AM   #2620
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I don't have any problem getting to Tabuu on Intense anymore. It's just killing him that's a problem.

If I'm using Charizard hoping to get the chance to pull a poke-switch during the red rings (I'm sure it'll work, I just haven't gotten a chance to use it), I have a much harder time due to the annoyances of Porky, Duon, and Rayquaza. I generally hope I get one of those three first, then other bosses until I'm over 100%, then a heart before another one of those three bosses, and so on. If I'm using Toon Link, I generally don't need specific boss setups, but I prefer Duon or Galleom early. I've gotten so much better at fighting Duon.

Basically I do what I always did, but I do it correctly now. I still do my infinite down+A aerial smash on enemy's heads. With Duon, the blue Sword side will always go first and will always try to slash you immediately. So, rush in, then dodge out of range. Jump in and start the head stomping. If you attack Pink while Blue is facing the stage, you can't be hit. The spin move still hurts sometimes, but nothing else will affect you. Know that every time he jumps, he will land with an AOE smash, then roll to the opposite side. So don't attack until he moves to the other side! If you start your attack while he's rolling, you'll hit air and he'll nail you. This is where I messed up before. When Pink faces the stage, you can still mash his head, but his lasers and things can hit you. Just hope for his missile attack. Keep nailing his head until you see them coming back toward you, then duck behind him. All four will ram into him and he'll die.

I think Toon Link is the best character for the boss fights, personally. Not as strong as Charizard, sure, but he's insane in the air, and aerial attacks are the best things against these bosses. He's incredibly nimble but still easy to control. And seriously, sometimes your down+a smash will just make you hover over enemy's heads.

Back to strategy because I'm bored and feel like writing despite not being able to beat Tabuu yet.

Petey: Jump, neutral A a cage while another comes at you. Aerial dodge when he jumps and just don't move at all for the entire fight, really. Easy as hell.

Galleom: Run straight at him from the start and he won't do that missile attack. He will, however, do something else, usually that four-jump attack. It will hurt you regardless of whether you're above him or not. So just be ready to aerial dodge. For all other attacks you can just ram on his head. He won't missile any more, so you only have to watch out for the tornado. I typically just do two down smashes, then dodge if I see something that might be dangerous start winding up. You can actually down+a smash up his body back to his head if you want.

Ray: All you really have to watch out for is the spark ball attack that he holds above his head first. If that hits you, you'll probably get hit with the rest of the attack trying to dodge it, so either accept it or just don't be on his head the entire fight. If you do get hit, it's a measly 10% damage, so it's nothing. Keep head stomping.

Meta Rid: Headbounce twice, then get your aerial dodge ready. The only attack that can bother you at all is the ~20 fireballs he shoots. Sweeps bottom to right, back to left, back to right. One well-placed aerial dodge at the start of this will save you from all of the fireballs. You will have a hard time knocking him off the engines if he's hanging on, so run to the bow and sit there. If he's firing a third fireball, get ready to jump. If you don't, you'll die. If you stay on the bow, you won't get hit by any of the fireballs.

Porky: Just watch out for when he raises two claws over his head. That is the only thing that will stop your aerial combo. Try to distinguish between charging that huge laser ball thing and just summoning the little bomb Porkies. You can keep a combo through his jump attacks, but just be cautious.

Ridley, Hands: Down+A on them. They'll die.